Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied House Nargath Palace Complex: Valkan Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.
3bc610927b4dcf37a522ea26c49c097e.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Structure Name: Valkan Citadel
  • Classification: Palace
  • Affiliation: House Nargath's family head: Marquis Credius Nargath
  • Size: Massive 12.2 square kilometres, 58 square kilometers full domain.
  • Population: Heavy
  • Demographics:
-14.000 maintainance and serving staff
-12.000 Security detail
- space for additional 1500 occupants and 10.000 additional serving staff
  • Accessibility: It is easily found, as it is not far from major landmarks such as the Carrion Spire and the capital city of Eriadu. Though the gardens are publically accessible, they and the private palace complex itself are guarded around the clock by the extensive House Guard.
  • Description: A classical looking palace complex, expanded over the thousands of generations which have lived and worked within its walls, surrounded by lush and beautiful gardens, which form a stark contrast with the otherwise heavily polluted industrial areas of Eriadu.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Botanical gardens: Within the extensive gardens of the Valkan Citadel, there is a massive glasshouse which holds some of the galaxy's most beautiful and rare plants, open for public visits all around the year.

Citadel Gardens: The gardens of the Valkan Citadel are a sight to behold, with sculptures of each of the former rulers of House Nargath and various works of art, walkways and large venue areas for recreation.

Valkan Citadel: The citadel itself is the epithome of grandeur, House Nargath's absolute show of wealth and power, with a palace that spans the size of a small city on its own, with its highest point reaching upward of fivehundred meters, using various expensive materials, durable granites and marbles, noble metals and stained glass, the palace is a show of the pre-industrial, pre-militaristic era of Eriadu, but even with its old appearance, it holds a very modernised interior which blends the modern elements of places such as Coruscant with the more classical aspects such as Naboo.

SECURITY: Maximum

Military personel: 2000 troopers
Security detail: between 4000 and 8000 all year round
Valkan Guard: 2000 Elites

The Security of the Valkan Citadel is handled by three divisions, consisting out of Eriaduan Military personel which is assigned to guard duty outside of the palace's perimeter and is in charge for the security and law enforcement up to the Valkan Citadel's walls, but not within the palace grounds including the gardens. The Gardens and palace grounds, the gardens and the public parts of the Valkan Citadel are the operational grounds for regular security personel, usually consisting out of hired security firms and legal paramilitary organizations, but also consists out of locally hired men and women who have past the scrutiny of the third and final division's assessment of them. The inner circle and private wings of the palacecomplex are the jurisdiction of the Valkan Guard, which consists out of elite members recruited straight fromthe Eriaduan military academy or men and women who have passed the recruitmet process on some other way.

Though the gardens and most of the outer parts of the palace have no additional protection, the Valkan Citadel itself is surrounded by a 15m tall durasteel reinforced, granite wall with guard posts at the three public entrances and around eighty guard towers armed with a quad laser gun each to ensure a minimum of safety from outdoors hostilities. The walls themselves are also equipped with several military grade shield generators on four outer points to allow for a shield to be erected in case of aserious planetary emergency.

The palace itself has an underground hangarbay with ample space for around two hundred Peltast Mk I interceptors, withe the exit of the hangarbay hidden within the mountainrange behind the palacecomplex.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The Valkan Citadel actually started as a simple, but important outpost for the primitive Eriaduans in the ancient times, where it was mostly used as a training facility for the Eriaduan military and later on the housing facilities for the elite guards of the Eriaduan Marquisade. Somewhere around 23 BBY, the outpost was gifted to the Eriaduan House Nargath by Willhuff Tarkin, which in the coming years started expanding the outpost and added on the aspects which now form the House Nargath Palace complex or Valkan Citadel for short. Due to Eriadu's neutrality since the fall of the first galactic empire, it has remained relatively unscathed throughout the eras, avoiding major catastrophies and thus being granted the opportunity to grow to its current size with the successions of the Marquisade's heads. Standing as a symbol of both Eriadu's wealth and power, but also as a breath of fresh air in comparison to the planet's heavily industrialized areas and capital city.

Good Morning [member="Credius Nargath"]

It's always nice to see people subbing their houses to the Codex, especially when they live in a palace.

That said, there are a few issues I need to raise with you regarding this sub.

Firstly, you have used the Geographic Landmark template for this submission, and while the palace is indeed vast a Landmark is not, I feel, the correct template to be used here. You are subbing a structure here in the form of hte palace and as such this template should use the Generic Structure template, and not the Landmark template. If you could please update the submission accordingly. This won't require much, just renaming the Landmark Name to Structure name, and adding a field on security as per the template which can be found here. There are fields you will no longer need, for example the Size, Population and Demographics fields, however you can retain them if you want. As per the codex rules, which can be found here, all the fields of a template must be filled out, however you are able to add fields and escriptions to them if you so wish.

Also, your image credit. The link you provided is just to the image itself, and not the source. A quick google search led me to this Deviant Art page, which is the original source. If you could please update the submission accordingly.

Please tag me back when you have updated the submission so we can move on towards approval of hte submission.

[member="Credius Nargath"]

Thank you so much for making those changes. And certainly, when you are ready to update the submission please feel free to put in a request in the submission modificatiosn thread which can be found here.

APPROVED

Submission has been moved to pre-codex as per request.

Please remember to include a list of changes when you tag a member of codex staff to transfer the submission back for judgement.

Edits made:

Added the link of the Valkan guard in the security section
Also added the link to the peltast mk I interceptor sub within the security section for better clarity on which ship this entails.

[member="John Locke"]

Good Afternoon [member="Credius Nargath"],

This submission looks very solid, however there is just one thing that jumps out at me that I'd like you to clear up please.

Credius Nargath said:
The palace itself has an underground hangarbay with ample space for around two hundred Peltast Mk I interceptors, withe the exit of the hangarbay hidden within the mountainrange behind the palacecomplex.
According to it's factory submission the Peltast Mk I interceptors are only for use by the corporate protectorate. However, this palace complex is located on Eriadu, which is in the territory of the CiS. While I am aware that you are a member of both factions, I wanted to check that this was what you intended, to use corproate protectorate ships out of a base on a CIS planet, which is protected by local forces who I assume are loyal to teh CIS.

[member="John Locke"]

Actually yes and no, all ships created are first and foremost built on eriadu and with eriadu in mind. The factions of which Credius is/was part of came second, meaning that all ships that have been given the affiliation to be build or to have been built for the corporate protectorate automatically were built for eriadu as well, given this was and is the home of the character and the company as a whole. CIS in reality has nothing to do with it, as the CIS occupation of eriadu came after the creation of those ships.

Currently the EMS lines that were intended for the TCP and eriadu are also being replaced one by one by lines that no longer address specific affiliation. Also note and this can be checked by admins, that all ships created by the EMS with TCP in mind have been retracted from TCP use after the take over of eriadu by the CIS.

If necessary, I am willing to have all TCP affiliated products be put into pre-factory just to remove the TCP label from them if that may ease things a bit.

[member="Credius Nargath"]

Thank you for that explanation, and I do understand where you're coming from. However, we have to work with the affiliations provided on the submissions.

In this case, I would ask that you go ahead and remove the TCP affiliation from these fighters before we go forward so that they are able to be used in non TCP submissions.

Submission Name: Valkan Citadel
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/house-nargath-palace-complex-valkan-citadel.129940/
Reason for Archival: no longer applicable to this character or the faction its located in

Submission Name: Valkan guards
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/valkan-guard.130782/
Reason for Archival: no longer applicable to this character or the faction its located in

Submission Name: Kredius
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/kredius.135152/#post-1885958

Submission Name: Eriadu Planetary system
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/eriadu-system.134245/#post-1879137

Submission Name: Darth mephis' Mausoleum
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/darth-mephis-mausoleum.136035/

Submission Name: N&Z alpha site
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/n-z-alpha-site-reasearch-and-development.136079/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom