Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question House Mecetti Faction?

Hello,

I would like to establish some things in the game about House Mecetti, to match them up with things from Star Wars canon. They control a province of the colonies. They have a defense force with a number of ships. They have a shipyard. They have an intelligence agency.

And it might be interesting if the character Maldor Mecetti created a framework of hirelings and partners, bringing them into House service.

But I was not sure if it was necessary or advisable to create a faction in order to establish these things.

I also don't know if it is possible to belong to more than one faction. Mecetti is already in the GA. Is a second faction permitted?

And finally, I don't know if there is a such thing as sub-factions. A faction within another faction. As a province of the Colonies within GA authority, Mecetti is part of the GA, and should perhaps be subordinate within the GA, if such things are allowed.

Can anyone educate me on how I should proceed?

Cheers!

Hi Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti

I'll try to answer your questions as we go, but if I miss anything please let me know.

So, you can create a faction on the board if you want to, it's a good way to provide a central location for a number of writers to have a central reference point, however, it isn't strictly necessary. It's really your call on that, you could just create a codex sub for the house if you want, however if you hopre to have multiple writers then it might be a way to go so you can share resources and plans with one another in a central location. (many people use discord but just as many prefer to have something written on the site).

You can belong to as many factions as you want to, there's no limit on that apart from what you impose on yourself.

Sub-factions do exist, for example, I believe the Corellian confederation is a part of the Galactic Alliance as a subfaction.

Hi Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti

I'll try to answer your questions as we go, but if I miss anything please let me know.

So, you can create a faction on the board if you want to, it's a good way to provide a central location for a number of writers to have a central reference point, however, it isn't strictly necessary. It's really your call on that, you could just create a codex sub for the house if you want, however if you hopre to have multiple writers then it might be a way to go so you can share resources and plans with one another in a central location. (many people use discord but just as many prefer to have something written on the site).

You can belong to as many factions as you want to, there's no limit on that apart from what you impose on yourself.

Sub-factions do exist, for example, I believe the Corellian confederation is a part of the Galactic Alliance as a subfaction.

Thank you so much for this response.

Is the process of creating a sub-faction different from creating any other faction?

Cheers!

Is the process of creating a sub-faction different from creating any other faction?

A subfaction would require the faction administration it is part of to know about it and accept it of course. You can create a (minor) faction any time, but a sub-faction must be approved by the faction it is submitted to. That you can just do by talking to the faction admins, there is no regulated process on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom