Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC House Daedelon

Status
Not open for further replies.
de79hwn-0bd8bb83-cb51-49ec-8558-0dd55e2e715f.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an elite army as the culmination of all the threads I've done related to the Knyghts
  • Image Credit: Yare-Yare-Dong, Self Edited version of this by SourSticker
  • Role: Elite Adaptable Battalion
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Knyghts
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: House Daedelon
  • Affiliation: Brotherhood of the Maw, Ssloak-Goa
  • Classification: Heavy Infantry / Fighter Pilots
  • Description: House Daedelon are the finest of the finest when it comes to the Knyghts. Where other houses recruit from the populace of the Brotherhood, House Daedelon has the sole privilege of recruiting from the other houses ensuring that the best Knyghts find their way to Daedelon, especially since Daedelon has a reputation for always being in the thick of it on the front lines.
COMBAT INFORMATION: The combination of Unit Size and Availability below is the indicator of how numerous your unit is. Stormtroopers for instance would be considered Large/Common, while Rogue Squadron would be a Small/Unique unit. Majority Force User Units are prohibited from being Common or Large. The stronger and more specialized your unit is (FU or NFU), the smaller and less common it should be.

• Combat Function:
House Daedelon is the closest any House has gotten to being an 'organized' army. The one thousand Knyghts that make up House Daedelon are split into ten Cadet Branches of one hundred, each Branch led by a Centurion. These Centurions meet to discuss strategy, and where their forces are best needed, coordinating strikes and cooperating together. For the most part however, like every other house, House Daedelon's strategy for actually engaging the enemy is pure brute force. No ambushes, no sneaky tactics, just pure brute force hoping to overpower their enemy whether they're fighting on the ground or in space.

Strengths:

Heavy Marines: House Daedelon are heavily equipped ground infantry who are able to mop the floor with most other infantry, especially untrained divisions.

Ace Pilots: House Daedelon recruit the best of the best when it comes to fighter combat, most skilled fighter pilots with a backbone in the Brotherhood end up in Daedelon eventually.

Weaknesses:

Limited Deployment:
Due to the restrictions on their armor, House Daedelon cannot too long on the surface before having to go back and get new batteries or recharge their armor. At most they tend to be deployed for 6-7 hours before having to fall back.

Individuality: The biggest problem that plagues House Daedelon is the same one that plagues every Knyght House, lack of discipline. Each soldier is seeking his own glory above even victory, and will stop at nothing to accomplish that.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

House Daedelon, Primogenitor of the Knyghtly Houses, Greatest Among Soldiers, First Sword of the Avatars, Defender of the Dreadfort, these are but the first titles earned by House Daedelon. From their creation, born from unlucky souls hand picked by Ssloak-Goa, House Daedelon has been serving as front line heavy marines since the dawn of the Brotherhood's campaign of slaughter across the galaxy. It is Daedelon who established many of the traditions used by the other Knyghtly houses and their lesser campaigns, who took their basic training and bred it into a pure warrior spirit.

s4gFb0G.png

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Muphinz Muphinz

Glad to see you getting active in the codex! I do enjoy seeing what the members here at Chaos come up with. Let me highlight a few things with this submission so we can get it underway.

Name | The name of the submission itself House Daedelon leads me to believe that this should be a lore submission as either and organization or an army. The following points of concern I have with the submission as currently written further explains this. Let's walk through them.

Unit Size and Equipment | Based on your chosen unit size the volume of your equipment confuses me. According to the Unit template a Small unit is about 12 members or less as seen in the cap below.

d7c8ada4e063bbf3c32c58d5551c58d5.png

It begs the question as to why 12 Knyghts would need 600 starfighters and 1200 suits of armor. The ratio here is seems grossly unproportional.

Also three of the submissions you are using under equipment may not be used for a unit that is rated Small and Rare. See the table below.

m9iV36K.png

As you can see, you may only use items that are limited in production or above at your current rating. Due to this the starfighters, armor, and blades, will have to be replaced with something that fits, or you will need to change the unit size to match.

Based on what I see in this submission, if this is intended to be a unit and not an army, the I would suggest Medium and Uncommon, or Large and Rare.

History | Short but eventful really does not tell me about the events which have made them very successful. I would suggest you expand on the history and tell us about some of the events which make the unit so effective. Again the template gives guidance on what we are looking for here.

f31958f9cf6c784a6d82c6a81540223f.png

Go ahead and give me a tag when you get these edits complete. Also I have included the templates for an organization and fleet lore, in case you decide that this should be lore. If this is intended to be a combat unit, then the above edits will be required before we can proceed.

Thanks!

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

Thank you! I love the Codex and writing lore in general, happy to be involved ^_^.

- I considered writing them as an organization, but I felt it would help in invasions / other mass pvp interactions if the House had concrete stats that could be used. They fit many criteria for an organization yet but they are primarily front line combat units.

- I tinkered around with the unit availability (which I bumped up to uncommon) and unit size (which I bumped up to medium) to make more sense, but the equipment I listed is purely for the entire House that individual units can pull their resources from as there are roughly 1000 Knyghts in the house divided into ten 'Legions' of 100.

- The History bit is rather complex for me as I'm effectively retconning them into the history of the Brotherhood which is effectively (we did some conquering and killed some people) so It's hard for me to give examples of their past. However, I do plan on updating their history and list of titles as the Brotherhood expands and I use them in more dominions and invasions. I did however update the history with events that I know for a fact Daedelon was involved in.

- Quick question: As I roleplay them more and they're more involved in more pvp/pve threads am I allowed to up their unit experience? Them effectively but slowly growing into more effective killing machines?

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Muphinz Muphinz

Hey thanks for the updates.

The history can be amended as things go. You would have to us the Submission Modification Thread to have it pulled back for editing purposes. The submission would then go through live judging each time you do this.

Everything else seems to be good on my end. Let me know if you feel this ready for me to look over again and I will.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom