Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hounding A Rogue

Kyrinov

][ A B S O L U T I O N ][
][ Terminus ][

His search had been long and a particularly difficult one. It expanse so far was about seven months. He followed the rogue Sith from system to system, world to world and still he eluded the Knight in one form or another. This was quite the frustrating endeavor to continue to pursue.

But, the Hunt was the most fun part.

Thus, he enjoyed the satisfaction of denial and the longing within him to, eventually, catch his quarry.

Their little wild goose chase led Kyrinov to the Outer Rim world of Terminus. From what he knew of the planet, there was a cult known as the Bando Gora which now operated there for a reason unbeknownst to him.

But, he highly doubted that he would run into any of the members of the cult here, in this headquarter-type facility. However, he hoped that he did. The Bando Gora were known for taking in Force Sensitives to bolster their ranks. He believed that the rogue was no exception in their eyes. Why should he be?

After all, there’s no reason to rule out a possibility until it was proven to be invalid or impossible.

The facility he was stalking through was sleek and smooth in everything, from design to transition from one area to another. He admired the hidden elements that jutted out from the normal pattern of its surroundings to add a bit of texture to the otherwise minimalist design of the interior of the structure.

He glanced around as he reached out with both his natural senses and the sort of sixth sense the Force enabled him to use. He probed the areas he entered for life and found none. The man rounded a corner to enter what could only be considered the east wing of the building, stepping with caution and a clear sense of purpose.

[member="Garnik Verita"]

Garnik had been studying the Red Nebula, not for any astronomical information, but to see if her various pilots had enough navigational ability to get to it. While she’d rather align with the First Order, with Sieger alive now, it was likely he’d try to eliminate her from his sphere of influence. So far, the Bando Gora, small but sharp like a dagger, had inhabited Terminus unchallenged both Imperial Rule and by the Outer Rim Coalition. But with the Umbaran reaching out a tentative pale hand to the “Supreme Leader” recently to save his life and let her back in somehow, even if just a political or business partner, she had to examine all outcomes. Running her hand over the map as though it was braille and the grooves would help her to see its hidden pathways, she closed her eyes.

A Zabrak named Nil, hired more for muscle than his ability with the Force, entered Garnik’s office in her nondescript headquarters, a building which could have easily been either an eco-friendly manufacturing plant or a technology company or even the mothership of a loan seller. He wordlessly turned on a bank of viewing screens which showed camera footage from the corridors and rooms in the facility.

“Facial recognition flagged him,” Nil said.

Garnik just watched as he moved predatory-like on his own private mission. She reached out with the Force and felt a signature, but knew right away, he was not Ren. Unless he was a new Disciple. Or perhaps his dark aura painted him as Sith?

“You’re a long way from Bastion,” she murmured.

“Want me to take him out, Boss?”

“Not yet. I’m curious to see what he’s up to.”

[member="Kyrinov"]

Kyrinov

Halfway down this particular corridor, he felt an acute sense that he was being watched, followed. It was not the feeling of the cameras that were recording his movement. It was a sense of another person, another set of eyes were watching him progress through the halls of the facility.

It was odd, this tingling sensation. It bristled down his back, causing nerves to stand on end and reverberate with each step he took. Yet, only moments later, there was another awareness. A slight probe sent his way through the Force, its touch cautious and curious. He smirked. So, there were Force sensitives here.

Perhaps one such being would be his prize.

Kyrinov unsheathed the vibroswordhttps://pm1.narvii.com/6548/ff6b3b4401c53e039075d6eb659ecac843b1da77_hq.jpg on his right hip, securing his hand near the blade as he allowed it to scrape along the floors of the facility. Its path left a streak of a slightly lighter black hue a he travelled down corridor after corridor. The sound of metal scraping against metal sickening, hairs on the back of his own pale neck rising in response to the eerie noise.

His lips curled into a smile and he reached out further and felt other forms of life nearby.

Even better, they were Force sensitive.

He gripped the obsidian leather hilt and prepared to bring it up and across his body in a series of lethal flourishes, if need be. If not, he could always use the Force to advance his purpose here. But, as normal, he was never above talking to others if that is what the situation demanded.
[member="Garnik Verita"]

As an Umbaran, Garnik should have been used to surprises, especially the kind that accompany subterfuge and treachery, but when her mother had been murdered by her own father, her tolerance for enigmas had weakened.

Still she was curious enough to watch the Force user as he moved through the Bando Gora headquarters. With a mixture of mentalism and telepathy she reached out with inky black tentacles of the Force to slip inside his psyche and brush against him, just a miniscule warning that the witch elder was there. He would hear whispers in Umbaran and see symbols in his mind’s eye, the opacity of their form fading in and out.

“I’m going to meet our mysterious guest,” she said to Nil. “Stay out of sight and a few paces back.” As much as Garnik believed in the strength of her own magick, her paranoia would not allow her to chance a solo encounter.

The Sith Knight would hear soft footsteps now, heading his way, the symbols alighting again in his mind, this time with more of a glare, vexatious, and much like the irritating noise his vibroblade made upon her stone and durasteel floor.

[member="Kyrinov"]

Kyrinov

He smiled.

Whomever was approaching him, they'd attempted to enter his mind and they would find only failure. As was his custom, his mind was guarded by proxy gate after proxy gate that opened only when he allowed himself to lower said guard. Now, in a situation such as this, he wouldn't allow himself, or the occupants of the facility, such a rare and delectable delicacy.

He stalked forward still, slowing his pace to match that of the footfall he heard heading in his direction. By the sound alone, the being was on the same hallway as him.

He paused as he stopped Amnesia in her tracks. He found himself staring ahead at a woman who appeared to be entirely stark white in color, lighter than his own pale complexion. Her long hair, lighter still.

Kyrinov decided to speak. "I presume this is your facility? And I presume you were the one who attempted to invade my mind, yes? Lovely to finally meet you in person. Well then, how do you do, dear?"

[member="Garnik Verita"]

The proxy gates that Kyrinov immediately put up against Garnik’s mentalism tempted her further, a complex puzzle begging to be solved. Leaving only a slight aftertaste of intrusion, she fled the Sith Knight’s mind, now more resolved to meet this trespasser in person.

The form greeted her down the tunnel-like corridor, along with his words and the blackest of Force signatures. The man himself under his layers of clothing was pale and Umbaran-like, though she could not identify his race.

“I’m doing well." Even better knowing her henchmen were not too far away. Truth be told it had been a very long time since Garnik had gone up against such a powerful darksider. She wasn’t immediately lusting for battle, only a little bit of intimidation which mixed as well with her curiosity over what the individual was doing here. Besides he could be just a few words away from conversion into the cult for all she knew.

“How can I help you, Sir. This is my building in which you trespass.” She smiled, bowing her head, her charm and near-sycophancy an antithesis to her firm and husky voice.

[member="Kyrinov"]

Kyrinov

He smiled curtly. "That is good to know dear. I am here in search of a rogue Sith... He ran away several months ago and he was caused me quite the bit of trouble in his little wild goose chase. But, I have tracked him to this location and thought it probable that he would be within the ranks of the Bando Gora on Terminus..."

The man paused and glanced about, getting a feel for the immediate area. It was an interesting situation he'd been thrust into. But, it was by a very clever, if unworthy, adversary. His eyes shifted back to the pale woman.

"You or your partner wouldn't happen to know of this cult, would you, dear?" His eyes shifted to her right, staring into the abyssal void of the darkness behind her figure. In those shadows, hid another Force user, waiting perhaps.

What the being was waiting on, he wasn't sure. Nor did he care, for that matter. Whether he would find out what this being's intent was remained a slight mystery.

[member="Garnik Verita"]

“A rogue Sith you say? On my property?” While this could have been a ruse from the pale-one before her, it was likely that the Bando Gora had picked up a stray traitor from The Sith Empire. Garnik welcomed all darksiders without much of a background check as long as they zealously worshiped Father Death, and fallen Sith often fit nicely into that category.

“The darkside is a dangerous tool, is it not? Many of our recruits have come from strict organizations like the Empire, but as soon as Bogan begins to open their mind, breaking down their sense of right or wrong, they often stray from whatever false path they are on. And then they find us and find themselves in the process.”

She turned her back on him, the ultimate sign that Garnik held no fear towards the Sith before her. “Come with me. Shall we find him?”

The Umbaran reasoned that if her recruit was not worthy of fighting off his Master or whoever had been sent out to retrieve him, he would become a sacrifice worthy of Father Death himself. If the man wanted to negotiate for him, she may listen to the offer. The Bando Gora did not want to make enemies with the Sith, in fact they would make good allies, but Garnik worried about some kind of coup if her cult’s existence were widely known and under such a scrutinizing eye as TSE’s.

“But in order to help,” she said walking through the winding passageways of the building, expecting Kyriov to follow. “I’ll need their name and yours.” Her Zabrak guard, Nil, finally made himself known, giving the Sith a pointed stare and falling in line with his Priestess.

[member="Kyrinov"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom