Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Honour Above All

Lori wiped the corners of her mouth with a napkin as Var-Sulis Var-Sulis suggested that they become sparring partners. It was a good idea. Sparring Aroa was one thing, but sparring someone that wasn't programmed in a bunch of moves was quite another. She had sparred Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun once during their camping trip and found themselves to be almost equally matched. They both held back when it came to blows to the face, but other than that they didn't throw their punches.

"Sure. Sounds like fun. I'll try to go easy on you." She snickered a little to herself before polishing off her drink. ",Can't have the King's guard embarrassed for being beaten by a girl, afterall." Maybe a wager could be had. That'd be fun! She often had them with her mentors as incentives for beating her opponents.

“Me? Embarrassed by you? Well…if your selling I’m buying..consider it official. Now then…excuse me…I apologize but I must get ready to see the King soon…Business…” I said as I rose from the table and gave an elegant bow with my hand out hoping she would get the gesture. I great way to end a meeting I thought. I wish I could stay in her presence but time was now of the essence.

Tag: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Lori got to her feet after Var-Sulis Var-Sulis did, most especially because she was finished with her meal anyways. She placed her hand in his, giving it a shake. "Just shoot me a message when you'd like to have our first session and we'll make it work."

He had her father-in-law to tend to and she wasn't going to interfere. It made her wonder if the King set this up in a bid to see how she was doing with the arrangement. It was a weird thing to have so many people concerned for her well being, when she was usually just pushed aside 'for her safety'. But at least she was no damsel in distress!

I winked at her and gave a quick peck on her hand. After all she was a Queen to be. I needed to know more..And Then again, I should get to know Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun as well. I didn't know much as far as the history and his relationship with Loreena. And I wonder what the King thinks? Probably business as usual for him giving his stance on most things. I cleared my throat and smiled as I knew it was one of the highest honorary things to do. And if anyone saw...Like the patron standing in the corner looking on curiously at us, who the heck cares? I am paying homage to the heir to the Empire. And now it was done..Nothing to take back. And the more I stayed there, the more I thought..(Do I really have to report for duty so soon? Can't this thing that plagues me hold off a bit longer? Does life have to be all work and no leisure time? I wonder if it was that way for her?)

Tag: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Lori was a bit taken aback as Var-Sulis Var-Sulis kissed her hand. She was used to getting a handshake. It wasn't really common for her to be treated like...well, royalty. Sure she was born into it, but her life was hardly filled with palaces, grand balls and pretty dresses. Instead it was filled with starships, war and transporting cargo. People tended to greet her with a roll of their eyes or utter disappointment. Yet Var seemed to regard her with intense curiosity. It gave her a weird feeling that she couldn't yet describe. However she was certain that he was bound to ask her if she wanted to escape the arranged marriage like most people did.

And now he stood there, after clearing his throat and smiling as though he was waiting for her to say something. Lori's brow furrowed a little before giving him a small chuckle. "If you're waiting to be dismissed or something, you don't have to. You can go when you'd like. I'm sure that you've got a lot more on your plate than I do." That is what he was waiting for, right? She certainly hoped so. Some people had different customs and Lori couldn't pretend to know what his were. She still felt herself to be a bit of the odd one out among the Empire.

With a heartfelt smile, I laughed and stood straight up looking at her. Judging by her reaction, it was clear that the custom was accepted but slightly awkward. That's when I realized, She was a Qween without a crown and had been treated as such. A soldier...An aristocrat..Or even diplomat when needed but never in the lap of glorious adornment. "I'm not waiting for dismissal...I just didn't want to leave you just yet. I was curious as to how you'd react and what happened was more or less my expectation." And with that...I grinned and winked with my left eye before bowing slightly and turning to walk away. After a few feet, I would turn again and make a playful imitation of me sparring her using my fists to motion a one-two punch. I then would turn back again to leave and switch my way of thinking to the mindset of Commander.

Tag: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun

Var-Sulis Var-Sulis didn't want to leave her just yet?

He seemed to be studying her, yet she began to believe that it wasn't for the purpose of his job. This could be a bit more personal for him than that.

Lori couldn't help it as her cheeks blushed a little as he turned to walk away. She adverted her gaze to the others in the mess hall that happened to be watching; of which there were a few, before Var caught her attention again with his quick punches. She found herself chuckling and pretending to make an uppercut punch, ensuring him of the certainty that she had in her belief that she'd beat him in their spar.

Now all that she had to do was prove it.

After Var left the messhall, Lori did too. The King's bodyguard had much to do, she was sure of it. And she had her own things to focus on, like her companies and her duties to the Empire. People had been watching them and she needed to be mindful of that, otherwise rumours could spread. And none of them needed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom