Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Honour Above All

The Elysium fleet moved through hyperspace on it's journey to Mnemosyne. And instead of travelling inside of Jaster's Delight, Lori had decided to be on board the Capital Destroyer. There was a big feast to prepare for and she was needed within the Embassy of her world to welcome dignitories and the like. Which meant that she had to dress up. Which also meant that she had to live up to her promise to Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun and portray herself as a happy bride if Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun was to join her.

Of course it wasn't as though she disliked Rex at all for he wasn't a cruel man towards her. Yet there was no closeness between them. Instead there was almost an awkwardness towards eachother like two teens forced to be paired together for some homecoming dance. At least there was no pressure on them to have any children.

Lori had just finished a bit of fight training with Arla, hoping it'd help to take her mind out of having to perform at the big feast that was to take place in a matter of days. It was a great sparring match, though as always her bodyguard's strength overpowered her own. Even her speed was overmatched. But still, Lori held her own and learned a few more grapple maneuvers to get herself out of a pickle.

After showering and getting back into her spacer outfit, she headed down to one of the messhalls. Lori was starving and there was always food available within. She got into the small line up after picking up an empty tray and smiled a little at the others nearby. She didn't exhert her authority, much like the rest of the Valhoun's didn't. Right now she was just hungry like everyone else that was currently there.

Var-Sulis Var-Sulis

(I'm all dressed up and ready for show!.) At least that's what i told myself while looking in the mirror adjusting my collar on my white formal shirt. I knew the occasion..And like to think of myself as a man of the hour..But who was I kidding? Surely not the randoms in the hall that would be most likely talking about politics and the state of the Empire. Cool, calm, and collected....Wow...man....You talk a lot in that noggin of yours. Where's my off button? Oh that's right..When I'm on active duty. But for now, I'll enjoy the show and maybe eat something I love. Like Cutter-fish..Oh yeah..That sounds good. Paired with the greenweed of the bayside..Ok, hunger starts to rattle my insides as my stomach gurgles. "Shut up.." I looked down quickly and turned from the mirror.

Exiting and heading down while adjusting my cuffs i took out my small vial of oil with the fragrance of a sweet spice..Pretty expensive stuff..And although I'm a bounty hunter..I'm flashy..Like that man..Years ago...What was his name Han?... Approaching the hall and seeing the line form with several people of different races and stature I thought to myself...Is it even worth speaking? Then a little further up I saw a bar. Surely that will open up the conversations..Looks like the party's started. And...WAIT....That woman...I know her...Good Space Follic that....That's Loreena...But wh..OK....Keep it cool my man...Got it....

Passing by the assembly line forming for the delicious food I peeked and saw she had a tray in her hand...I looked ahead of her to see what she was grabbing....Oh..She's an eater...and fighter from the muscle shape..Eyes front Var... (Ahem)...I cleared my throat... "Excuse me, Princess....What is such Royalty doing in the line with the others....At least allow me to make your plate for you as a kind gesture. Not saying you cannot do it yourself..But well..." I smiled slightly..Not wanting to get too goofy on her as I saw the words flutter out of my mouth and hoped they had a good meaning behind them.

Tag: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Last edited:
Bantha steak, cooked just the way that she liked it, more twards a well done than medium. Or at the very least that's surely what it would be by the time she had selected herself a seat at one of the tables. The meat took up half of the plate while she began to have the rest of it filled with vegetables.

The line up moved a little more and Lori moved along with it. The messhall was alive with chatter and she lost herself in it a little bit. No doubt everyone was talking about the feast being planned, the upcoming projects that their Empire was working on. Overall there were feelings of hope and joy. Nothing could be better than that.

The voice of Var-Sulis Var-Sulis broke her from her thoughts, bringing her gaze from the selections of desserts to the King's bodyguard. She recognized him of course as the man that had taken Arken Dobson under arrest. Lori was only lucky that she wasn't arrested too.

"It's okay, really. I'm not your typical Royal. I never have been. I don't mind eating here. It's better than eating alone in my quarters, don't you think?" No doubt the man was probably thinking in regards to her overall safety. Or at least that was what she figured was his intent.

Hearing her words I nodded immediately in return. Seeing the dessert she was looking at I took a look as well...The sweet aromas fill the air. It was intoxicating to the senses in the most favorable way. "This sweet gelatin-looking thing....I would recommend..Filled with flavor..But im no chef.." I smiled and saw the cooked meat on her tray as my eyes gazed for things to talk about. "Definitely not the typical...Hell....I hope the word Princess isn't offensive to you." I chuckled as I knew it wouldn't be. I felt at ease with my approach to her but my natural instincts to observe her immediate surroundings would take hold. Yes, She could take care of herself. This was obvious, But I wouldn't be who I am If I didn't remain vigilant in making sure she was safe.

"Dining alone won't be a problem here. Care for a drink?" I asked as I tried to catch the millions of words rattling in my head to form my next sentence.

"Oh? You think so?" Lori turned her attention to the desserts again. Perhaps something lighter like what Var-Sulis Var-Sulis was recommending would be best. Especially after everything else that she had on her plate. Although sparring always made her hungry....

Still she took the gelatin dessert and placed it on her tray, glancing back at Var as he remarked about possibly offending her with his choice of words. "No offence taken. I've been called a lot worse than Princess, believe me. Especially by people like the Dobsons."

Would she like a drink? Of course she would. So she nodded her head in response. "Sure I'll have a drink. What do you recommend?"

Lori wasn't used to seeing Var so chatty. Of course she was used to seeing him on duty. The man seemed to nearly stumble over his words which she found a little amusing. Maybe he was just excited about being able to talk. It was hard for her to say.

"I'd recommend something light. Cool to the senses. I shall return mi'lady." I slyly walked off and gazed around once more while walking ahead towards the bar. Overhearing the laughter and chatter around the bar area..I knew it would be easy to mingle quickly if need be. As i approached the large man behind the counter with chops for facial hair I nodded in respect. Holding up two fingers I spoke clearly. "Two Ardees..Tall please..." I asked as I then turned and nodded to the male Twi]lek next to me. "TWO ARDEES...COMING UP FRIEND.." He replied as my finger would tap the counter to the faint sounds of music in my head...Yep..I spend to much time in there.. Upon receiving the drinks and paying the cred, I then turned to see the location of the woman who continuously stood out in my eyes..Surely I wasn't the only one who thought that way..But with the reminder that she is to be wed, I have to keep my words to a selective choice. I knew few others in the area..Some familiar faces..Most not..Ears and walls talk as much as mouths.

Lori watched the sly manner in which Var-Sulis Var-Sulis walked off to fetch her drink. It was curious to say the least. There was something to it that she just couldn't put her finger on.

But no matter. There was food to be had.

She carried her tray of deliciousness over to one of the tables and sat herself down. She placed the tray down and then picked up the utensils before cutting into the steak. Being here among the ship's crew and residents, Lori still felt herself to be an outsider. Her marriage brought her in line with them, yet still she couldn't help but feel separated from them. It was weird, but more than likely that was how arranged marriages were supposed to be; purely political with no real depth or connection.

It was into her second bite that Var returned with the drinks. She swallowed her mouthful and then took a sip of the drink he brought back for her. "Thank you. So ....are you off duty tonight?" Lori set down the glass and began working on her next cut of meat.

As she took a sip of her drink and cut into her selected portion of steak, I sat at the same table. With my left leg crossing over my right and drink in right hand I took a sip as well. Hearing her words I responded politely with a charming tone, “In my line of work…I’m never off duty..but you could call it downtime..forgive my inquiry..but I haven’t been around many Mando’s lately. Last time I met one I was on Dagobah. Do you all kind of know each other or are you more of a solo act?” I asked as the cup reached my lips once again. It was nice to have casual conversation with someone besides myself.

Var-Sulis Var-Sulis took on a casual position and that put her at a bit more ease. While he spoke and she ate, Lori studied him, trying to determine his motives. It was obvious that he wasn't in league with the Dobsons. So then what? Maybe Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun had asked him to find out more about how she was doing.

After finishing another bite, Liri responded to him. "A bit of both, actually. Some Clans are closer than others. Some Mandos prefer to work on their own until the Clans call them home. I work on my own. Yet no matter what, the kinship of the vode is always there. It's an honour code that we follow."

Of course Lori wasn't currently wearing her armour. It was one of many different things that set her apart. Yet she was still respected among them, and in some cases highly so.

I nodded quickly to her response and took another sip of my bubbly before me. Hearing her words as a “solo act” didn’t catch me by surprise but was interesting. A nomadic Mandalorian princess…and a beautiful one at that. I figured it was time to tell her a bit of myself. By the stars…this feels easy to communicate…but why? Normally someone in her profession I’d be weary of..as it is..Some Mando’s hunt the Hunters..”Honor..respect…Good code to stand by…I am also a few of those things…Amongst many…A father!” I leaned forward and laughed as the words slid out of my mouth like a mudslide. Clearing my throat I quickly continued..”But…Children can be…difficult sometimes…My Daughter and I are from Coruscant originally…The City Planet as they say..I’ve traveled where I’m needed and well…here I am..”

Lori's eyebrows rose as Var-Sulis Var-Sulis mentioned that he was a father. On instinct she glanced around as though some little girl or boy was going to come bounding over to them at any moment. But there were no younglings there that she could see.

At the remark of children being difficult, Lori knew that well, for at times she was difficult as well. And of course it took her mind back to her days with her own Dad. She was going to train under him, but that all fell through because she hated the constraints of Academy life. She was too headstrong for it and prefered to get her own way.

"Where is she now? Is she with the fleet too?"

I watched her eyes scan about as if expecting to see my daughter. I nodded in assuring her that my statement was true. “She…well she’s home…as of now..No doubt training in the academy to receive certification in galactic exploration of artifacts..Or EA as they call it. Corouscant offers a lot of educational opportunities…she’s elected to…learn from home I believe..” I responded without a clue if that were true..it was song long since I’ve seen her. I did truly miss her but a mental alarm would arise in my head as a felt a bit of nausea arise in the back of my esophagus. “Uhh…aeerrmmm…excuse me.” I pleaded as I rose as quick as I could from my seat and headed for the nearest bathroom facility. This fracking disease of mine has got to stop. As my muscles started to twitch I knew it was bile time!

Tag : Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

At first Lori thought that Var-Sulis Var-Sulis had meant that home was with the fleet. But then he had mentioned Coruscant. She knew what it was like to get training and schooling away from parents, for both her and her brother had done so before they hit their teens.

"I used to dabble in searching for artifacts. I did so when I got my first ship, Jaster's Sparrow. It helped to pay for her as well as the upkeep and small crew. I rather enjoyed that line of work. I'm sure she'll enjoy it."

And then Var excused himself. Something must not have sat right in his drink. Or maybe he was ill. "Alright..." She nodded to him before he left and then proceeded to continue to eat her meal while he was gone.

Hopefully whatever he might have wasn't catching. That is if he was sick, of course. The man didn't seem nervous at all.

I ran to the facility as fast as i could and as I predicted, the bile came right up. The King had my cure by now I'm sure but getting to it was becoming a top priority at this point. Looking in the mirror after cleaning myself quickly, My hands slapped the cheeks of my face. "Keep it together boy.." I said to the man in the reflection before heading back out. Adjusting my shirt and keeping ing calm as if nothing is wrong I said to myself that when i got back to the table I would ask her what she thought of our security team...Or should I delve into more personal matters to open up? No hidden agendas here..Just want to get to know her...Yeah..keep telling yourself that..It's all simple... "Ahem...Excuse my sudden leave...Something didn't sit right but I am all better now..Where were we?" I asked as I sat back down quickly.."Ah yes..Artifacts...All over the galaxy..If you know where to look..But anyhow...What can you tell me about this arrangement you have with Rex?" And there it was..The question my mind had been brewing for some time..I was curious about arranged marriages as they can prove to be rather difficult.

As Var-Sulis Var-Sulis was gone, Lori continued to eat her meal, working on the veggies and rather enjoying her meal. It was super tastey and she didn't want to waste a good meal by eating it too quickly. So she ate her food casually, lost in her thoughts and paying little attention to the people around her. The murmer of their conversations was somehow comforting.

Yet in to time at all, the King's bodyguard had returned and retook his seat. She nodded at his apology and as she figured, it was due to whatever he had eaten or even drank.

His comments were quick and she was about to reply with her own, but then the conversation turned to her marriage. Lori couldn't help but stiffen a little as it came unexpectidly. "You mean you don't know?..." It made her curious as to what others in the Empire knew.

"Formally...no...However..To be honest I don't think anyone expected me to ask..Probably would eventually hear about it amongst the chatter of the people..In which case....I did...But I want to know from your perspective..Is it like...(Hey I can get to know this guy...Or...Hey, Nice to meet you..When is the wedding)?" I snickered making light of my statement to assure her I was genuine. I continued to sip from my drink thinking about my next question to ask as she would answer..

Lori listened carefully to Var-Sulis Var-Sulis and for a moment afterwards, she didn't say anything. And to cover that silence she took a sip of her drink and leaned back in her chair. It seemed as though her and Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun hadn't been seen together enough to play their part for the people...

"Royals marrying Royals, you know how it is..." He did know, right? "Rex is nice. He treats me fairly. He doesn't pressure me either. And he listens when I need him to." Lori considered herself lucky that she wasn't married to a Dobson.

"I suppose...See Iv'e heard Royals marrying Royals...End up royal pains in the..well...You get the idea..But..perhaps it is a good arrangement indeed." I responded with a sly smirk glaring into her eyes. Watching her lean back I then took the opportunity to ask a more personal question. "Do you...Spar with anyone? I know you train..And I can assume your training regime is quite intense..." I stated as i held my glass in a cheering notion to her statement referring to her marriage. Of COURSE, I didn't agree with it but why? Was it my view on forceful commitments? Or was it something else? Var...You gotta get your you know what together bud...I would quickly tell myself.

Lori laughed a little at the notion of royals being a royal pain in the....yeah, she knew she could be that way. At least with some people. But not quite with Rex. They were still getting to know eachother and still mostly stayed apart. Except for functions, or when Lori needed someone to talk to.

Despite being his wife, he'd of had Var-Sulis Var-Sulis arrest her for punching Red in the face if he was there at the time. She understood why he'd feel that way, but it still wasn't fair. Red deserved it and he didn't retaliate, so that only proved it.

"The arrangement is good. It could be a lot worse." Although she wouldn't of gone through with it if it was bad. She wanted to not live in her parents' shadows or even her brother's. She wanted to make something of herself and this was the opportunity to do that.

The conversation quickly changed to sparring, which put her more at ease again. She finished off the food on her plate, speaking inbetween bites. "I spar with Arla mostly. She's always available for me when I need her." Kaine had programmed her that way. Lori was thankful to have her, otherwise she'd be in bad shape. "Why do you ask? Of course she figured that she knew the answer, but it was still good to ask anyways.

“Well…Eventually I’ll need a sparring partner…You seem to be quite a fighter I’m guessing…Of course, I wouldn’t go easy but..I think I’d provide a decent challenge.” I smirked at the idea of challenging someone of Royalty, but most importantly…iron could sharpen iron. “Oh…I mean…If it’s something you would consider?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom