Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honor Met

The invasion of Atrisia had ended abruptly, and in a manner no one had expected. However during it, many members of the Empire (and one not of it), had done well to defend the planet. These actions needed to be honored, their participants recognized for their actions.

So the Emperor had set up a small formal gathering. Not quite a party, it was close enough. Food and beverage was provided, soft music form across the Empire was being played, and many of the movers and shakers of the Empire wandered the room chatting. Every member of the government and military was dressed in their best dress uniforms while the nobles and other civilians wore whatever formal wear was proper in their area.

Emperor's Own and Imperial Guard guarded the entrances and along the walls, but their presence was barely noticed by most of the gathered. The Emperor stood near the head of the building, discussing matters with one of his aides. Soon it would be time to start handing out the rewards for service.

@[member="Aditya Amadis"]
@[member="Aedelgar Krakengard"]
@[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]
@[member="Mirien Valdier"]
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
@[member="Somarae"]
@[member="Tirdarius"]
@[member="Togashi Yokuni"]
@[member="Je'gan Olra'en"]

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
In all his years of military service (and before), Cyrus had never understood the bizarre fascination that the officer corps and ruling elite in general had with throwing 'parties.' They were a waste of time and resources, where people squandered wealth and talent to try and impress those better than them with useless mewling and pointless prattling. But they were nevertheless a fact of life, and occasionally some good came out of them anyway. Besides all that, when you got invited by a superior, especially an Emperor, you figured out a way to attend. Sure, maybe the crews of half a dozen ships were fighting to keep their ships alive, and there was the small matter of reorganizing the entire Imperial Fleet structure as a result of losses sustained over Atrisia. But there was party to attend, the small stuff could wait.

Cyrus closed his eyes and finished off the drink he had. He pushed his anger down, letting the alcohol burn it away. That was the sort of thinking that could get a man killed, and Emperor Kahoshi had done nothing yet to prove he was unworthy to serve. In truth, there really was nothing the Vice Admiral could do in the next few hours that would matter, so he might as well enjoy himself. At least as much as possible. He glanced up, as if expecting to be able to see the night sky suddenly lit by a fireball as the reactor core of the Sekigahara finally broke through its containment and consumed the vessel in an antimatter explosion. The ceiling proved intractable, so Cyrus went to get another drink.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

The ceiling may yet cave in, for Siobhan Kerrigan had entered the hall.

Apparently she was going to get an award of some sort. For being terribly heroic during the battle for Atrisia. Well, having tremendous fun TK battering ramming in the sky with one of Fringe's Dark Masters and then teaming up with her to throw Lucrehulks into a mountain while being fuelled by the power of the force meld...and really high.

The irony that the Atrisians - or the Galactic Empire as they seemed to call themselves now - seriously disliked forcers was not lost on her - the complexities of their position escaped Siobhan. Of course, not so long ago Siobhan had been Exarch of the Omega Protectorate, back when it had been a great power in fact as well as in territory worth serving. Tegaea had been its second in command from the very beginning and then Lady Protector. Both were facts Siobhan was acutely conscious of. Woman had her pride after all and so she entered the hall where the gathering would take place head high and with a measure of haughtiness to her stance, evidently the Eldorai royals had taught her well.

Food and drinks were being provided, she whisked a glass of wine from the tray of a servant as she passed through. Soft music was being played - she would have liked it with more of an edge, but it was not that kind of celebration.

"You're enjoying this way too much," she mock grumbled to her wife, who was no doubt about to troll her. If not about getting a fancy award than about her formal, 'lady-like' appearance. Much as Siobhan would have liked to show up in a revealing leather outfit, it was not that kind of celebration, so she wore a formal but beautiful, sleeveless black dress. An Eldorai servant girl had been so helpful to apply the lipstick, since when Siobhan tried it tended to get messy. Dark brown hair was worn shoulder-length and framed her face, eyes travelling across the hall as she surveyed it.

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
It was a special occasion, so Tegaea was wearing the dress, an imposing red outfit which Siobhan really appreciated.
Still, the redhead looked innocent at Siobhan’s words.
“I can’t think what you mean. I am just pleased to see my wife is earning the recognition she deserves for throwing star destroyers into mountains! Mistress Earthshaker lived up to her name.”

She took Siobhan’s hand in hers as they walked through the crowd. This wasn’t her arena, but she was here to support Siobhan, and it was important to her that her wife was finding meaningful things to do. Even if those meaningful things involved danger, destruction and death…crochet and knitting just wouldn’t do!

Siobhan knew that supposedly 'innocent' look. Her wife might not be as much of a troll as a certain space elf princess who was their mutual friend - a bit more than that as well sometimes - but still. As for meaningful things, Siobhan had tried her hand at cooking. The results had been...mixed. In all fairness she had not planned on devastation and mayhem when she had ventured to Atrisia, but to advertise bolters because everyone needed those.

However, it seemed that she could not escape her trouble magnet status. "Very funny. I know that look," she responded, giving her wife's hand a gentle squeeze and looking at her happily as they walked through the crowds. "Thanks for coming. It means a lot. Wouldn't have been the same without the gorgeous redhead at my side," she said sincerely. Siobhan was not used to the limelight, she generally also did not like crowds. Of course...at the same time she did have a rather big ego! But she felt happy. Hopefully there would not be any big speeches because those always bored her. "This could be an opportunity for Firemane, come to think of it," she continued.

Somarae quietly helped herself to a bit of punch, watching the proceedings more than actively participating in any meaningful way. The vast majority of the people in this room were either unfamiliar or, frankly, intimidating to the young officer, and she found it best to simply watch rather than risk causing some manner of scene. In deference to the formal occasion, she'd worn her dress uniform (freshly pressed and all bits of metal polished to a shine, of course), and worn her hair in a long, neat braid. She'd even managed to wear a bit of makeup, her lips colored a dark shade of violet and just a hint of eye shadow in place.

She took a long drink from her glass and found herself wondering just what she'd been invited here for. None of her actions in particular felt particularly worthy of note, at least from her own perspective. It had all simply been duty. Necessity. The actions any should be willing to take for their home. Yet here she stood.

She pondered over it in silence as she waited for the festivities to continue.

A party? Social functions made much more sense than the rest of the shenanigans to this little Epicanthix! Dressed to the nines, in a deep blue kimono with shimmering pattern and an Imperial Cog on the back crest, her hair braided and coiffed atop her head, Aditya walked in and moved toward the folk she knew. Among them @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], of whom she was acquainted from the Army of Light and Schesa. Waving her hand, she grinned and came up to Siobhan and @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]. "Hi! Hello, I don't know if we've met formally but I've been in some battles with you. Aditya Amadi--Fitz-Kierke. Aditya Fitz-Kierke. CEO of the Imperial Shipworks." The recently divorced woman coughed, grabbed a drink and sipped it.

Checking out the party, she saw some Chiss, the Grand Admiral looking quite fit to be tied that he had to descend to a social event, and the Emperor talking to one of his aides. She would catch his attention later, if necessary. It was always good to see @[member="Akio Kahoshi"] and she hoped the Emperor thought the same.

Seeing @[member="Cyrus Tregessar"], the Emperor excused himself from his current conversation and made his way to the Vice Admiral. While he could have worn the uniform of his military rank, or the swords of his yovshin heritage, he had chosen to dress only in the formal white robes of the Atrisian (and now Galactic) Emperor. Palpatine had not established many traditions for the dress of the Emperor, beyond black robes to hide his disfigurement, so Akio had continued his Atrisian traditions even if the fan felt a bit silly.

"You should at least pretend to look like your enjoying yourself," Akio said with a knowing smile. "As impractical as these gatherings may seem to any dedicated military officer, they are critical. It is a chance for officers to get to know each other, and it allows the civilians to see us and know us. Inviting the nobles also keeps them happy, as they feel they are a part of our nation's leadership."

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
Since Cyrus was not terribly familiar with the Atrisian habit of bowing, but it would have been improper to salute while uncovered, he came to attention as the Galactic Emperor approached, relaxing only when he spoke.

"I understand it well enough, sir, hence my presence here. But I find no enjoyment in the occasion, not compared to that found on the battlefield itself. The warrior who enjoys peace more than war is poor excuse for one, or so I've always believed. And I would prefer to be known more by my deeds than my appearance." He stopped suddenly in his sentence, then threw back his head and laughed. "I would have the whole galaxy quake in their boots when they hear of my ships approach, and fight all the harder because of it! But this was a battle worth remembering, I suppose."

It was no random decision that had led Cyrus to the then-Atrisian Empire. He had chosen it, specifically because he had been impressed with the achievements of its Emperor. There were few in the galaxy that Cyrus considered worthy of the laurels so often granted to those 'distinguished' in war, and fewer still he considered his equal when it came to mastery of the art of war. Akio Kahoshi was one of those few in the second category, and he had proven multiple times in the short period Cyrus had served him that he was worthy of that service.

"Very well then sir, I shall make some effort to appreciate things. No point in being bitter until the next war, after all." He lifted his glass to toast the Emperor, and the victory. "Until the next battle."

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
@[member="Aditya Amadis"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

"A pleasure," Tegaea replied graciously to her fellow businesswoman. "My wife's prowess is legendary, it seems!"

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"], @[member="Aditya Amadis"]

"It helped me get a great wife," Siobhan said fondly, though it was not entirely clear which prowess she meant, as she sipped a glass of wine, passing another glass from a tray over to Tegaea. After all, one was not family-friendly! "A pleasure meeting you again, Ms. Amadis. I guess this party will be less explosive than Schesa," she said warmly with a short smile. Presumably there would be no musicians with blasters and grenades hidden in their instruments!

This writer is not entirely sure whether the award ceremony is taking place before or after Schesa, since the latter is still running, however any inconsistencies should be attributed to a warp in the space-time continuum or something similarly profound. Regardless, Imperial Shipworks was the primary state-owned company in the Empire, perhaps Firemane might do business with them in the future.

@[member='Siobhan Kerrigan'] @[member="Tegaea Alcori"] The love between the two women was warming that stabbed up place in Aditya's heart her own husband pulled out when he left her. Wherever Kei was, it was better he never show his face again. Still, love was alive and well. The displays warmed her and relaxed the Epicanthix. She sipped her wine and chuckled. "Legendary, yes. I was in the Tower while your wife was hulking those star destroyers and tanks around. Happened to get into the bunker in time for her magnum opus. Oh! It rocked. Except now I'm having to rebuild our planet. Gives a woman the chance to make improvements, eh?"

Oh the improvement she planned to make! There were the power grid expansions and enhancements, limiting the amount of resources the Atrisian empire would need to fuel their peoples' lives. There were building retrofits, military vehicle expansions, the engineer's mind was alight with possibilities. "I hope it's less explosive. I don't know @[member="Akio Kahoshi"] to put the boom in boom-town. Speaking of which, I should probably go ask the Emperor how he's doing."

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
@[member="Aditya Amadis"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

“It was a pleasure to meet you,” Tegaea said politely as the woman left.
Her wife’s reputation was something which was making her feel, just a little, inadequate. After all, when was the last time Tegaea had saved a planet by throwing a lucrehulk into a mountain? But, this was Siobhan’s night, so she didn’t want to fall into the trap of being a wet hen on this occasion!

Tegaea had risen from the gutter to the very top. Her one superpowe being to the gym and later on she had used her brain. Not exceptional as a leader, but level-headed and with common sense, which was better than having delusions about being a 'great mastermind'! Could one imagine Siobhan heading Firemane or as Lady Protector? It would be a disaster, just like how she had failed as Exarch and been at fault for Tegaea getting tortured almost to death. Frankly she was nothing without her powers, since she had no skills beyond that.

Besides, Siobhan had not thrown Lucrehulks into a mountain on her own and had been super-charged due to the force meld! Perhaps sensing the slight shift, or perhaps just feeling touchey-feeley, Siobhan put down her glass and gave Tegaea's shoulder a slight squeeze, then a quick kiss. "She seems nice. Only reason I'm standing here is because of you. Never forgot all you did for me. You're more amazing than the whole lot here. I'm blessed to have you" she said softly.

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
Tegaea smiled and brushed off the praise. "Thanks, love. Sorry, I just...well it doesn't matter." She gave @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]'s hand a small squeeze to show she was OK.
She didn't want to spoil the occasion, so she drunk her wine and let things move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom