Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Homecoming

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
"If the old Vizsla you left behind rambles so much, It'll be a wonder if your ears survive" She stifled a chuckle and actually smiled. A genuine smile, as she shook her head
Leenic chuckled softly to himself, noticing her smile and responding with one of his own. It was nice to see her finally break out of that hardened expression she had left on her face, and even if just for a moment, it almost did feel like they were back in the old days. He sighed softly, thinking back to when he was full of piss and vinegar, no cares in his mind about morality or whatnot, just in it for the next paycheck that he would inevitably spend on cool guns and fancy food.

It made him...almost sad to think back upon those times, seeing where he had ended up now. Not that it was exactly a worse place or anything, just...less bright.

"But I'm not ''reclaiming anything. 'cept maybe my freedom. My honor. No, Kranak Vizsla will remain Alor of this Clan now. He took up the mantle when no one else would, during my. Absence. And he's one of very few I trust to do it right"
"Ah, I see." He said, rubbing his chin as he clipped the saber back onto his belt. "And here I was thinking I'd get to go charging into the capital guns blazing. But, I hope I will make a worthy addition to this new 'sanctuary' of sorts, after all learners do need someone to teach them." He then watched as she passed by, raising a brow slightly at her subtle smile. "And I can pull more than my own weight when dealing with water barons. Force knows that I've got a few bones to pick with those guys anyway."

He then walked back over to the table, picked up his helmet and stared into its visor, studying his reflection in it. "What a ride we've had, eh?" He said after a few moments, looking up at her with a half-smile on his face. "Gone from bounty hunters straight outta hell to...well...older and wiser Mandalorians. Not sure which is better in all honesty."

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

3oIWNfM.png

"What a ride we've had, eh?" He said after a few moments, looking up at her with a half-smile on his face. "Gone from bounty hunters straight outta hell to...well...older and wiser Mandalorians. Not sure which is better in all honesty."

"Mm," There is a slight melancholy to her smile then, thought it remains. "I reckon so. But truth be told? A part me... misses those days"

She takes a nearby rag and begins cleaning her cup while she thinks it over, her newer cybernetics working quickly. Perhaps even quicker than her organic. In a funny way, hard times really had made her stronger after all.

"Before the fall, I struck out on my own a child. No more birth-clan to hold me back, and no rules but my own to follow. Had a partner who showed me the ropes and we got along well enough..."

"Life was so... Simple back then"

Then she places her cup neatly into a cabinet, making her way back to the living room while idly chatting.

"I'm hoping we can find a degree of simplicity on Tatooine. It won't be at first; What with criminal dealings and politics. Probably be a little bloody at first too, but that is the way after all. But I think in the end, We can settle down and live our own 'happily ever after' as the aruetiise say"

As she hoped to give Tan'yill, long ago, on a planet they called Roon.

"You know... After everything, We deserve this"
'Yeah... We truly do, hun.''

The words they exchanged mere minutes before their marriage, still rang fresh in her mind. While she did hope that others, such as Leenic, would benefit from this plan of hers, she'd be a karking liar if she said this wasn't for herself. For Tan'yill. For her family. They deserved to rest after everything, and she would stop at nothing to provide.

"I reckon so. But truth be told? A part of me... misses those days"
"Makes two of us." Leenic replied, rolling out his neck before holding his helmet in the crook of his arm, freeing up his other hand to gesture towards the window. "no rules, no cares, no morals, just me and whatever blaster I was holding at the time. Good times, better times even."

"And perhaps we will find that simplicity again there, I can't be sure, but I probably won't be settling down just yet."
He said, shrugging slightly and spinning his cup on the table. "Don't have any reason nor anyone pushing me to do so, so I'll enjoy what life I have left while I can. Still set up shop there, force knows how helpful it is to have a secure place to sleep every once in a while."

Then he sighed, a soft frown coming over his face. "Besides, I ain't earned a happy ending for myself." He said with a soft huff. "Not yet anyway."

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

3oIWNfM.png

"Besides, I ain't earned a happy ending for myself." He said with a soft huff. "Not yet anyway."

"Mm... I used to think so," Aloy said with a nervous chuckle as she approached, gently intercepting the last empty cup, gently placing her organic hand over Leenics with the other.

"But then I met her" She smiled "She was just like me. And together, we realized that we deserved it, Because we survived"

Then she carefully took the cup away, making her way to the sink for it to be washed out.

"It doesn't really matter what you do and don't do, long as you look after your family. your Aliit. In the end, family is all. The only thing that really matters. Whether by blood or not"

With a newfound smile on her lips, she puts the glass away and turns to face Leenic, leaning back against the sink.

"Roam if you wish, It's in your blood. But there always be a place for you with our family in between your endeavors, if you want it. For now, I'm sure Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla would give you temporary housing in our compound, if I asked "

"It doesn't really matter what you do and don't do, long as you look after your family. your Aliit. In the end, family is all. The only thing that really matters. Whether by blood or not"
Leenic listened to her intently, a frown crossing over his face at the "family" part of her little spiel as some...less than pleasant memories came into mind about his old clan. "Yeah, family." He chuckled bitterly, glancing off to the side. "Cant exactly say I've had the best experience with that. But I see your point still, guess I just gotta find myself someone. Who knows though, maybe I'll still get that blaze of glory I always dreamed about as a kid."

Then he sighed, glancing up at her as she leaned up against the sink. "and besides, like you said, roaming is in my blood, always has been. I need some time to figure out if I'm giving up this nomad life for good, but dont think that's me turning down your offer of joining you on the compound." He then flashed a quick smile. "Even a Nomad needs a spot to rest his head at night, no?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom