Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Homecoming

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
The gentle hum of engines reverberated through the U-Wing's hull as it touched down inside of the landing bay, the hiss of hydraulics in the landing gear letting Leenic know that he was clear to disembark. Slowly standing up, the armor-clad Mandalorian nodded gruffly to the android piloting the ship as he slipped out of the co-pilot seat.

"Keep her in low orbit, I want you in comms range at all times." He said to the droid. "If I call, get down to exactly where I mark on the map as quick as possible. We can deal with whatever air force responds once I'm onboard."

The android nodded quietly, his slightly dented frame showcasing the full year that both he and Leenic had spent out of civilization's reaches. "Be cautious sir, we still are not sure how well these Mandalorians will accept someone just appearing with their armor on." He said, watching as Leenic walked down the lowered gangplank and onto the hangar's floor before beginning to lift off again.

"I know, I know." Leenic muttered to himself, turning around to face the ship just in time to watch it pull out of the hangar. Once the recognizable sounds of its engines had died off into the sounds of machinery and other ships, Leenic pulled a holodisk off of his belt.

Taking a moment to punch in what he hoped to be the correct communications info, Leenic clicked the call button on the underside of the disk before turning to walk towards the elevator. "Work you damn thing." He muttered, lightly smacking the dented piece of equipment on the side a few times before it started flickering to life. "Good, still in shape."

After a second or two, a female android appeared on the hologram, staring up into his face as she spoke up. "Hello, how may I be of assistance?" She said, voice slightly distorted from the holodisk's malfunctioning speakers.

"Get me the contact info for Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla , stat." The mando replied, his T-shaped visor showing little emotion as the information popped up in front of him. "Thanks."

With the information fresh in his mind, Leenic shut down the current commlink, opening up a new one with the contact he was provided. Standing still for a moment to internally debate on if he should do it or not, he decided to punch in the numbers and hit call before he could convince himself otherwise.

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

3oIWNfM.png

Tag: Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Aloy was out for the day, perusing the marketplace for Dyes so that she could decorate Tayl's new Bes'bev she planned on gifting her later that evening. It would be a preferable end to an otherwise stressful day. It seemed that, even after all these years and her retirement from leading Clan Vizsla, politics and ambitious fools would always follow her.

Oh, how it made her feel so old... Like a relic from a war that had ended long ago, collecting dust on a shelf while all others chose to ignore it.
She closed her eyes for just a moment, lifting her head skyward to let the feintest snowflakes land on her scared and rosy cheeks.

But of course, The commlink on her vambrace chimed abruptly. Someone wanted her attention, as always. It was never for something truly important either, Always someone telling her what she could and could not do in the city.

So what if she was selling weapons to criminals? They were fighting imperialists, so why not engage in a little proxy war here and there?

Her image abruptly faded in, revealing the retiring Alor in all her faded glory; Her hair had grown since those of the Union days would have seen, hanging down just past her shoulders when it wasn't tied in a bun. Terrible scars lined one side of her face; clean and deliberate cuts that even the worst of duels couldn't cause, not accidently and not against someone with the means to defend themselves.

Further evidence of this mistreatment may be her new prosthetics; Doll-like limbs of delicate appearance yet sturdy craftsmanship all the same, with little floral patterns inlaid meticulously throughout it's design. One such limb included her entire left arm now, a new addition since her time as a Nite Owl for sure.

"Who is this?
"

Her distorted voice crackled through the crisp commlink, sounding just as stern as it had when she lead men and women into battle on a daily basis. Even her commanding posture remained the same; Straight as ever, and with her organic arm folded behind her back.

Sadly, the image of Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil projected from her vambrace was not quite the quality one would wish to reveal themselves in after so long. The colors were all but indistinguishable among the dull blue glow of this holographic display, and the patterns only just visible enough to poke at the back of her memory like a sarlaac prodding it's victim over many years.

"Your armor looks familiar, Mandalorian. Though, I cannot recall why"

UeJaBns.png

Leenic sighed as he waited for the comms to go through, glancing around the terminal he had made his way into as both Mandalorians and the occasional off-worlder passed him by. He still couldn't help but get nervous around the heavily armored warriors, as even though he knew they were his kin he could not help but feel skeptical of how accepting they would be to a force adept.

But hopefully, he would never have to find out, since stashing his saber in his satchel and not pushing things around seemed to work pretty well as a disguise. If it ain't broke... He thought, glancing down as the holodisk crackled to life and showed the visage of Aloy Visla. It took Leenic a minute to completely register that the battle-scarred and slightly worn-down woman on the holo was, in fact, the Aloy Visla, but her stern tone and commanding posture quickly resolved that discrepancy.

"I guess it's because this is the only set of rusted-out Beskar'gam you'll find in the galaxy." He chortled, nodding slightly as he knocked on his helmet once. "It's me, Leenic, I was in town for a bit so I figured I could stop by to catch up on what I missed. If, of course, that's not hampering what I assume to be your very busy schedule."

Now that his comms had been given a few moments to buffer out any kinks, Leenic could see that Aloy looked like she'd been through hell and back, something that he felt like, so perhaps they were even in that field. Leenic looked a bit worse for wear himself anyway, with his left shoulder pauldron being covered in burn marks and blaster dents, his right shin guard being taped onto his leg while his left was gone entirely, and his flamethrower bracer was missing one of the clips that were supposed to hold it together. The only pieces that seemed intact were his helmet and chest plate which, while certainly odd, probably weren't enough to warrant any deep thought at the moment.

3oIWNfM.png

"Leenic...?"

There is a short pause as she tilts her head to one side "Mmm. Ellsil"

A name which belonged to an image she could only attribute to a few fading memories. The Mandalorian Union; The disaster that had made her who she was today. If she recalled correctly, Leenic Ellsil had been there while Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt learned to be a Mandalorian. Or perhaps it was some foundling... Fading. Always fading.

But there was a far more
clear memory to attribute the name Ellsil; "You helped my daughter on Batuu. Yes, I remember now"

The hologram would show Aloy in a newfound pace as she walked briskly to her home from the market place, a new message attaching itself to the feed from seemingly nowhere, as she hadn't even lifted a finger to punch in the new data.

"I'm sending you coordinates my temporary dwellings. I'll have tea waiting, if you're in the mood for such pleasantries"

And so she marched on. Not quite the same authoritative march that had always heralded her arrival in the time of Mand'alor the Reclaimer, but instead, a brisk and impatient movement. As if she was trying to get away from something or someone.

Even so, She was quick to prepare the living room for her guest whenever she arrived. A low table had been prepared with small but firm pillows around it in Atrisian style, while a fresh pot of Cassius Tea had been set to boil and small wooden cups set aside for the occasion.

Best be hospitable when seeing an old friend, after all. Something that the others seemed to forget as of late.

UeJaBns.png

Tag: Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Leenic chuckled softly at the response, it was a lot more than he could have hoped for after so long of losing contact with clan Vizsla, although he was glad to see something stuck in her mind. "Glad to see I made an impact in that head of yours." The mando chortled, nodding slowly at the offer of tea. "Be there faster than a womp rat, Ill be sure to knock."

Watching the holodisk as the coordinates came through, Leenic watched as a small map of the city was laid out, giving him a light-yellow line directing him along the winding streets towards the housing complexes. Taking a few seconds to memorize it, Leenic put the disk back on his belt and took off at a light jog to conserve time.

As he made his way through the city, he couldn't help but feel in awe of how far the enclave had come in recent years. The Mandalorian peoples' recovery from the purge and several subsequent wars was a thing of wonder to him, especially with how little he had been involved in said wars. Too much time serving the Union. He thought bitterly, shaking his head. The Union was a hell of a time for him, possibly the richest point in his life, and filled with unique characters such as Director Craig, Red, and several of the other important officers he never bothered to know. Wonder how they're faring nowadays, anyway.

But, for now, he was...well, he couldn't say he was home exactly. Home was still a difficult thing for him to nail down, and with how centralized the Mandalorians had become, he feared that was going to be even harder. Stranger in a strange land, just like that...never mind. He thought, shaking his head again to clear the thoughts away.

Eventually, he got to his
destination, heading up the maglev to the correct floor and dusting himself off for a minute to try and at least act like he was somewhat civilized. Moving towards the door, he hesitated for just a moment before hitting it roughly with the armor on the back of his hand. "Aloy? This the correct one?"

Last edited:

3oIWNfM.png

The door opens with a hydraulic hiss, Revealing Aloy standing there with pursed lips in surprise. She couldn't even begin to comprehend how many years it been since she had met someone from those times. 20 years had past since the sith betrayed mandalore, after all.

"Mm. You're quick on your feet than"

With a slight nod, she turns toward the living room just beyond, Servos whirring gently inside the duraplast-coated prosthetic with each step. It gave her limbs the look of an old doll, with golden floral inlays carefully brushed into the white surface of an otherwise humanoid set of limbs. A far cry from the menacing claws she adorned herself with after their battle with the Eternal Empire.

Though, the nite owl emblem on her shoulder had seen far less care. In it's now faded form, it would have been nearly indistinguishable from the rest of this chipped paint if not for the lack of distance between them.

Inside was another far cry from their shared, albeit faded glory. The room was small, with just enough space to sit them and maybe a few others around a table that was low to the ground and covered by little more than faded cloth from the market. At least the small pillows they used for seating looked comfortable enough.

Beside them was another magnetic door to what one could only assume to be a bedroom, and a small kitchen across from it. It was here that Aloy's
Cassius Tea was still boiling on the stove, which smelled of a far higher quality than the kitchen it was being made in.

"Make yourself comfortable. Tea's almost there"

UeJaBns.png

Leenic stood up a bit straighter as the door opened, his helmet's visor hiding the slight smile that came when he saw the first familiar face in what felt like eons. Nodding in response to her comment about him being quick, he followed her inside and stretched out his body before pulling his satchel off of his shoulders.

"Thanks for this." He said, looking around the small living quarters as he set the satchel down next to one of the chairs. Giving a soft chuckle, he would use one of his hands to gesture at the poorly furnished room around them. "Guess I'm not the only one getting used to living in a bit of squalor, huh?"

He did have to admit though, he was genuinely surprised to see Aloy Vizsla of all people living like this. The woman he remembered was head of the Nite Owls, one of the best hired guns you could find in the galaxy and practically rolling in credits. This just...seemed off, like he had stepped into a completely different reality somewhere between the outer rim and here.

"So," He began, gently sitting down in one of the chairs as he took another glance around the apartment from under his visor. "How's the family? And, on a completely different note, am I right in assuming youre no longer with the Nite owls?"

3oIWNfM.png

"Hm? oh" She looked over her shoulder for a moment, as if refamiliarizing herself with her own home before redirecting herself back to the tea pot. "I suppose it's not as glamorous as Kreslin's personal wonderland" She nearly growled at the mere memory of the self proclaimed "Mand'alor's" name "But decadence has seen our people lose their home twice in the last 20 years. We can all do without, for the time being"

A lesson she only wished on a shooting star The Enclave had learned from observation. But as she had begun to realize, Stars were unreliable things.

Not long after Leenic had made himself at home, The pot had been arranged on a small platter alongside a pair of small wooden cups, all of which was brought to the little table as Aloy sat on her knees against the small cushions that would act as their seating. Both cups were filled with the steaming, golden-green colored liquid, which Aloy had ample time to perfect brewing.

"How's the family? And, on a completely different note, am I right in assuming youre no longer with the Nite owls?"

"Mmm..."

She through her own glance around the room, though her eyes would rest on nothing in particular "We're... reunited, so I suppose the family is doing better than before" followed a melancholy stare at her new prosthetic arm, using it to trace the smooth wooden cup with a metallic finger.

"I resigned years ago. Couldn't stand to watch the Mand'alor bring ruin and false hopes to our people again. Some of the owls followed me to Roon for a time, but. I'm no longer the Alor there, and my connections are far fewer than in Vizsla's little golden age"

Her tone slowly became blue as she bit at the corner of her lip in thought, eyes becoming a little dimmer in turn. The fearless commander behind that Ice Blue was... Gone. One might say that something new had taken up residence there but it less than that even. They were just empty. Tired. Bitter, perhaps.

UeJaBns.png

"But decadence has seen our people lose their home twice in the last 20 years. We can all do without, for the time being"

"I wouldn't know too much about that section of our history," Leenic said in response, averting his gaze awkwardly as he spoke. "Seeing as I spent most of that time on the Zweihander Union's payroll anyhow. But I hear that it was quite the painful experience for all Mandalorians."

He then nodded when she recounted the reason for her leaving the owls, raising his head in a mild bit of shock as she said she was no longer the Alor of her clan. "That is quite unfortunate to hear, Aloy. Clan Vizsla lost a valuable leader when you left." He said, sighing and standing up as she approached the table, noting the lack of her former spirit in her eyes.

Staying silent for a moment, he gently removed his helmet and set it on the table, revealing his scarred and lithe face. Taking a moment to look into her eyes, he raised a brow at her quizzically. "Did something happen to you?" He asked, genuine concern in his voice. "I mean this with the utmost respect but...you are not the Aloy Vizsla that I remember leaving behind."

3oIWNfM.png

"That is quite unfortunate to hear, Aloy. Clan Vizsla lost a valuable leader when you left."

She just took a sip of her tea, thinking about better days for a time. She didn't leave, she just took Vizsla to a better place. Or, so she thought? It was hard to tell now, nearly a decade after the fact.

"Did something happen to you?" He asked, genuine concern in his voice. "I mean this with the utmost respect but...you are not the Aloy Vizsla that I remember leaving behind."

"Mm..."

She glanced at her cybernetic hand, tracing the little patters with her one good hand. It was... cold. Everything was always so cold.

"The Mand'alor's wife returned while you were gone. Apollyon The Betrayer Apollyon The Betrayer , The sith called her"

Aloy stood then, walking to a nearby window where she would just lean on that metallic hand and stare in thought, unable to bear the eye contact right now. Not with this.

"That Dar'manda wanted his title. Used the sith and Death Watch to wage ware in the shadows, it's why the nite owls were even founded..."

"She crippled the union, I'm told. Kreslin didn't trust us with the resources we needed to end the war, so... She ended it for us. Trade collapsed under Dar'manda piracy, communication failed, production was sabotaged-"

Her tone was beginning to sour now, like an old ghost wrought from it's tomb by unwelcomed guests. Those guests being broken memories.

"We came back, you know... The owls in exile, and I. House Vizsla, even. We came with a splinter group of Death Watch Crusaders that had broken away when the sith came to control the watch... We purged the graug in hellfire where the union could not. We came back, to challenge Apollyon"

Then she turned for just a moment, The durasteel corner of the windowsill creaking just a little under the cybernetic strain. There wasn't fire behind those eyes. Not a purpose or a drive for vengeance, only hatred. Cultivated and pure hatred.

"She was waiting for us. In my home, on Concordia"

She turned back then, hatred directed to the snow-strewn streets outside. Images of fire and war danced in the snow, only visible to the mind which had seen them first hand.

"She took them, Leenic... Stardust... Kranak... Tahlah, she... lost her arm even. I don't remember if she survived, I-"

"I did what I had to. The little bastard snuck them out, hidden among the union transports as they Fled. We couldn't follow, the union threatened to fire on anyone that got in their way. Especially non-union mandalorians..."

"We searched for weeks. Tracked them to Coruscant, eventually" Finally her tone softened. Somber as it was.

"Level 1313... Even Darsch came back, for a time. We stormed the underworld like Dha Werda Verda. We were... amazing..."

"It was a trap... We rescued them, but I... I was the goal, in the end. I was the sacrifice they needed, so I... I stayed behind"

. . .

She stared for a time. Silence overtook the building, so potent that only the howling of Kestrin wind outside could break it up until she was finally ready, still staring at the snow with wide eyes.

"Seven years. I stayed there for seven. Years. My arm isn't the only thing I left behind... "

you are not the Aloy Vizsla that I remember leaving behind."

And finally, a single tear fell into the windowsill.

"The Aloy you left behind... Is dead. Just another name lost to history... Feared, respected... forgotten now"

"If that's who you're looking for, You're wasting you time... I'm just an armorer trying to make her way through the universe. Tatooine, perhaps. But I will never command the respect of a clan again. Never lead an army. She was... right"

Leenic listened to her tale in a mix of awe and disgust, awe for the amazing stories of battles fought and sacrifices made....and disgust at the havoc wreaked upon the Mandalorians that Aloy had fought with. Slowly pulling out his saber, Leenic inspected the cold steel hilt. Its clean and well cared for appearance contrasted to every other weapon in his armory, this was unused and uncorrupted by the field of battle, waiting for someone worthy of the beskar piercing blade hidden inside of its krayt dragon crystal.

"I...have no words to describe my feelings on this matter." He said, rolling the saber from his right hand to his left. "If what you say is true...then not even the company of other Mandalorians is safe for a drifter." He then sighed. Not that it was for me either way.

Clipping the saber onto his gun belt, he walked up next to Aloy, leaning up against the windowsill as well and gazing out into the city. "Are these foes still living?" He asked, his demeanor shifting from a formal tone into the more straightforward one he was accustomed to. "If so, I can find out everything there is to know about them."

3oIWNfM.png

"If what you say is true...then not even the company of other Mandalorians is safe for a drifter.

"It never was," She said solemnly, as if mirroring his thoughts even despite her evident lack of force sensitivity.

"For anyone, really. But to walk the path of the Mandalore is to be both hunter and prey"

Something the crusaders had told her, once. Something she often heard Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla say to both mandalorians and aruetiise alike. Sometimes it made her wonder if she had let her daughter stray among poor influences, even if she had once subscribed to their ways while commanding the nite owls.

She moved only a little as Leenic approached the window with her, taking notice of the lightsaber he carried. It was more so the ghosts playing in her memories that had her look almost uneasy at first though, and nothing to do with the lightsaber itself.

"Are these foes still living?"

"No."

Tan'yill Vizsla Tan'yill Vizsla had seen to that personally. Viscously, even. In all honesty, Aloy wasn't so sure that she really deserved a woman as dedicated and passionate as Tan'yill, but Blue had chosen her. That was good enough for Red Aloy.

"I suppose I likely have enemies here... I've been rather vocal of my distaste for the enclave's attempts to play at empire. But I doubt they will do anything about it... Many of them are... Soft" The corner of her mouth raised in contempt, her otherwise human canines looking as if they would have buried into flesh if whoever she was thinking of set foot into this room now.

And yet, her features still softened after a time. Better memories tinged the air with Melancholy, at the very least. About all one could ask for from the old Vizsla these days...

"Mm. I see you carry a lightsaber... There is a girl, far from here. One I care for deeply, and wish to make a foundling, someday. I believe she is building her own, now. I have my own, of sorts... But I'm afraid the things I build are but a cruel mockery of the Jedi's weapons"

Oh Jademar Eurisa Jademar Eurisa , how dearly you have been missed.

UeJaBns.png

"For anyone, really. But to walk the path of the Mandalore is to be both hunter and prey"
"I guess I was fortunate to only have to walk the hunter part for most of my career." He chuckled, taking a look at the cool sky. "Although it is sad we can never seem to stay united long enough to reclaim all we have lost over the past millennia. How powerful of a foe we would be if we could get out of our own egos, no?"

He then smiled at the affirmation of her foes' deaths, letting out a soft sigh. "Well then, that saves me some trouble of tracking them down. Tell whoever killed them I say thanks." He replied, glancing over at her for a moment before returning his gaze to the sky.

"Mm. I see you carry a lightsaber... There is a girl, far from here. One I care for deeply, and wish to make a foundling, someday. I believe she is building her own, now. I have my own, of sorts... But I'm afraid the things I build are but a cruel mockery of the Jedi's weapons"
"Another Mandalorian force adept? It would be a welcome change." He said, grabbing the saber and holding it in the palm of his hand. "It took me far too long to fully allow that piece of myself to live. And now here I am, with little more than a beskar piercing blade to show for it."

A frown crossed his face now, his own ghosts momentarily overshadowing the conversation as he gazed at the blade, the force echoes from it flowing into him. "I know we are not the closest of allies, but should you need help with training her in sabers or the force I am willing and able to help." He finally said, taking a moment to collect himself as an image of Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red 's many words of wisdom crossed his mind. "One cannot hope to perform if they are self-taught, as it is with any form of combat."

3oIWNfM.png

we can never seem to stay united long enough to reclaim all we have lost over the past millennia. How powerful of a foe we would be if we could get out of our own egos, no?"

It was a sentiment Aloy once shared, long ago. But for now she would say nothing of her own thoughts on the matter; of how Mandalorians shouldn't be united anymore. Of how she had seen too many attempts to unify them break down into disaster via the lies of ambitious men.

She didn't care if they would call her Dar'manda again. She would never follow anyone who claimed the tittle "Mand'alor" again. Not after Kreslin Westwind...

Mandalorians were better off fending for themselves and their clans. The Alor was the only "ruler" one could ever need, And the bond of Aliit was the only one worth fighting for.

"I know we are not the closest of allies, but should you need help with training her in sabers or the force I am willing and able to help."

"Hmm" She glanced up at him while thinking of that very bond. Perhaps it was not as strong as the one she shared with her child or clan-vode, but it was true that Leenic had done enough for her family by keeping Tayl safe on Batuu. Tayl still thought back on his teachings from those days, or so she claimed.

So, she smiled a little
"When the time is right, perhaps I'll introduce you both. I wish to see her gifts grow and blossom in their new environment, as much as teach her what she wants to know of our creed"

Her smile even remained after, thinking of that little girl from Kashyyk. She would have been Aloy and Tan'yill's daughter already, if not for fate separating their paths for so long. Perhaps in the near future, she could be a sister to Tayl.

"I think I'd like that. To have her taught by a bridge in the gap between our two cultures? Things have... changed, you know? Many years ago, I would have looked at you both with distrust and disdain, for what the force had brought my birth-clan. Mm... Perhaps I'm not as bitter an old woman as I thought" She stifled a chuckle.

"But then I found her... Even an old ironheart like mine is easily melted by the right people."

"Now the enclave has their own order of force sensitives. Shaman called 'The Mandokarla'. Tayl seems to think highly of them, but then, she's been in need of
spiritual guidance ever since she joined the watch... And the Jedi, Iris, I believe? saved her life not long ago. This family owes more than most to agents of the force, I suppose"

"When the time is right, perhaps I'll introduce you both. I wish to see her gifts grow and blossom in their new environment, as much as teaching her what she wants to know of our creed"
"Of course, the path to enlightenment is not just teachings. Some things you must learn cannot be taught." He said, nodding slowly as he kept staring at his saber. "Although I would advise against waiting for too long, some poor habits cannot be unlearned, even through the most rigorous of training."

A slight frown crossed his face at the mention of Shamans in the Enclave, thinking back to his encounters with the Sith. "I would not encourage Tayl to put faith in these shamans. A regulated control of the force always leads to darkness...no matter what the era or who is in control." He said, clipping his blade to his belt and turning his attention back to Aloy. "Although you did say a Jedi saved her life? That's, what, two times a force adept has come to her rescue?" He chuckled a bit at the thought. "Next time I see her I'll tell her to start keeping score."

"And on the topic of our culture shifting, I must admit how surprised I am to hear of this integration. This may put new lifeblood into the Mandalorian people, although I must insist on my fears of darkness." He said, worry splashing over his otherwise calm demeanor. "Our kin has never been the noblest of people, and I fear that soon the very shamans Mandalorians like Tayl look up to may begin filling their ears with deceit and hatred. If you do not mind, I could keep an eye on Tayl for the time being, to keep her safe from such influence. Although, now that I think of it, her new Jedi may prove more useful than I."

3oIWNfM.png

"Our kin has never been the noblest of people, and I fear that soon the very shamans Mandalorians like Tayl look up to may begin filling their ears with deceit and hatred. If you do not mind, I could keep an eye on Tayl for the time being, to keep her safe from such influence. Although, now that I think of it, her new Jedi may prove more useful than I."

The thought had Aloy squinting at the snow again, carefully mulling over the possibilities. In a way, it brought her back to the days of the nite owls, when she was forced to act as much inquisitor as she did guardian. Everyone was deemed a potential threat by the Mand'alor, And as "The Hand", it was her job to open and close doors in the shadows. Often times to listen in.

It even saw her arms folded behind her back again. The way she would stand while watching Sundarai below the palace in those bygone years.

"Perhaps you're right"

She finally said, turning away to fetch her previously abandoned tea.

"If even one of their own kind won't trust them, perhaps my old bias is better founded than I thought"

Her tea was lifted and gently sipped, spreading a warmer feeling through her core that had always calmed her in times of need. Something that helped to clear the mind on a cold day like this.

"I'm told they are a neutral order. Unconcerned with the moral screaming match of Jedi and Sith, more focused on guiding whatever mandalorians seek them out. But the enclave is so... Foreign to me, these days. Too much has changed, I barely recognize anyone, or anything"

She turns to Leenic with a concerned expression. Though still less concerned than she seemed earlier in their visit
"Tayl's time with the watch has left a lasting impression. She seems to view the Mando'ad through a very old fashioned lens, But even so, I understand her reasoning to seek spiritual guidance"

"But of course, I would certainly appreciate another, more neutral voice to provide council. And I think she'd be glad to hear one so familiar to her"

"We're relocating to Tatooine, actually" She raises a brow, trying to gauge the man's reaction "If you'd like to join us? I plan to secure us a home there. Or somewhere like it, at least"

Tags: Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"If even one of their kind won't trust them, perhaps my old bias is better founded than I thought"
Leenic nodded at this sentiment, turning around to watch her grab tea but not moving from the window himself, preferring to keep his body leaned up against the cool durasteel frame. He had stayed neutral in the alignment of the force himself; his blade was a testament to that, its white light reminding him of his vow to follow neither the Jedi nor Sith's teachings, one he made after serving alongside a Jedi in the Union.

"A neutral order of force wielders is hardly an order at all." He said cynically, scratching the side of his chin slightly. "Their true alignment will be shown eventually, they just need a reason to do so." He then sighed, using the force to pull over his cup of tea before taking a sip. "I've seen men claim to be Jedi whilst serving Imperial forces, whilst supposed sith join the Jedi after their hatred burns off. So, I will reiterate my standing of being cautious around them, at least until you know who they really are."

"But of course, I would certainly appreciate another, more neutral voice to provide council. And I think she'd be glad to hear one so familiar to her
"I am happy to provide my advice to her, but I cannot guarantee she will take it." He said, taking another sip of warm tea. "She is very much your daughter in that regard."

Then the offer was made of going to Tatooine with them, catching him completely off guard. He took a few moments to think on the matter, he had been searching for a new homestead outside of the U-Wing after all, perhaps he could also provide a bit better security over Tayl if they lived closer together anyway.

"I don't see why not." He finally said, shrugging. "Needed a place to settle down anyway, and I would be honored to help your family establish a homestead." Then he tapped his sigil, bringing attention to the krayt dragon skull on his shoulder pauldron. "Besides, I'm quite experienced with removing any unwanted creatures there. Might even be able to get a blade like mine for your Jedi foundling."

3oIWNfM.png

"I've seen men claim to be Jedi whilst serving Imperial forces, whilst supposed sith join the Jedi after their hatred burns off.

Those words in particular changed her aura for a time. The force became saturated with an old anger that had been buried within the old Vizsla's core almost since childhood.

"There is an old clan pledged to House Vizsla by marriage... Clan Naudir..." She began, crossing her arms while she stared into her warm tea.

"Are you familiar with the Mandalorian Empire, ruled by Mand'alor the Infernal...? Before the fall of their house and allegiance to mine, Clan Naudir served Yasha Cadera on the frontlines of the final war before the sith betrayal. They fought the Confederacy of Independent Systems and their allies; The Silver Jedi Order, and the Core Imperial Confederacy..."

"I remember seeing
holo-vids recorded by the clan's 'Deathtroopers of Krieg', on Tanaab. A medical world, where Jedi and Sith alike unleashed hounds on civilians...Some of veterans of that battle still serve my house to this day..."

"I've learned to trust individuals, since those times... But there was a day and age where I would have supported Ra Vizsla's attempt at curing mandalorians of the force... It has largely been a blight on the galaxy, as with any other religion"

The anger shifts to regret after a time. Perhaps at her lack of participation in the war, even despite House Vizsla's controversial stance at the time. Or perhaps even the enclave's loose participation in CIS expansion long after the war, though they were the final nail in the confederacy's coffin in the end.

"I am happy to provide my advice to her, but I cannot guarantee she will take it." He said, taking another sip of warm tea. "She is very much your daughter in that regard."

And then finally, the thought of her own daughter is enough to allow a subtle but warm smile slowly creep across her lips like a flower seeing sunlight after a long winter.

"She's... A very independent young thing, isn't she?"

A trait that had seen her both into and out of trouble in the past. "Thankfully, it prepared her for 1313... At least, better than I could have alone"

"But enough of the past..."
She turns to Leenic again, sipping her tea before she continued "I'm honored to accept any old allies I might still have. We're not just setting up a homestead... I intend to rule again. And rule with respect, at that"

Another, more sly smile takes over, a glimmer of hope shining despite the dark thoughts running through the old nite owl's mind

"Our Empire. The Union. The Crusade. All have fallen to infighting, decadence or simply arrogance in the face of sorcerers. When the last time you felt safe, while putting faith in their ilk? Putting your fate into someone else's hand...?"

"Mandalorians are at their best when their loyalties are of their own choosing. Some would call me Dar'manda if they knew my mind, But why should we continue putting our trust in fools who play at Mand'alor...?"

Finally a degree of confidence sparks in her posture, The Ex-Alor folding one arm behind her back, while her cybernetic hand gestured about the room. No, the entire city of Tor Valum.

"I respect the ones who were able to cling onto our culture and build this city up. But The Quartermaster is dead. And with her, my faith in any leadership not of my choosing... I wish build a home not just for myself, But to those allies of my family who are likeminded"

"I wish to rebuilding the Black Hand, as we were on Roon..."

Then she returns to the window, taking one last sip of her tea before setting the cup aside and folding both arms behind her back. A pose in front of the window that many would have seen her take time and time again at the highest points of Sundarai palace, ignoring the ceremonial and lacking guard of Mand'alor the Reclaimer whilst planning for the future of all mando'ade.

"There is a place on Tatooine, far removed from the law of even these 'Karjr' the enclave praise so much... A place in need of order and rules..."

"Our. Rules."

"If we remove the water barons who control this place, and we can win the favor of the people there... We could secure the title of Daimyo. We could make it a place where no Mand'alor will tell us who to fight for their ambitions. A place where no ancient blood fued between houses can threaten stability"

"A place where no prejudice can overcome the bonds of Vode" She gives a glance to Leenic's lightsaber, and then to the man himself.

"A place in which to hide our operations against the empire, and sith remnants... But also, A home. A True. Home"

"One where Jademar can learn of both the force and Mando'ade in peace... Where Tayl can learn more to life than vengeance... And Tan'yill and I, can grow old and rest. Perhaps you can find your own peace there, among the solitary few who will join us"

"I remember seeing holo-vids recorded by the clan's 'Deathtroopers of Krieg', on Tanaab. A medical world, where Jedi and Sith alike unleashed hounds on civilians...Some of the veterans of that battle still serve my house to this day..."
Leenic listened to her tale silently, his lips pursed as she spoke of the Eternal Empire and its doings. "I, unfortunately, served upon their infamous 'Task Force 66', and worked with one of these Silver Jedi firsthand." He sighed, rubbing the side of his neck gingerly as some memories floated back into his mind's eye. "Pay was good, but I left as soon as I realized exactly what we were doing that was making us so much money."

Then came Aloy's speech, leaving Leenic awestruck at the very sudden shift of appearance from a mild-mannered and mature woman back to the much more idealistic and energy-filled Aloy of old. Smiling happily as she finished, Leenic picked his saber off his belt and held the disabled hilt up in the "To Victory" pose that most heroes could see typically striking.

"Well then, it seems we finally dug up the Aloy Vizsla I left behind all that time ago, didn't we?" He chuckled, smiling warmly at her. "Well, Miss Vizsla, you have my blade at your disposal in order to reclaim what is rightfully ours. I only hope we are early enough to make a difference in all of this."

3oIWNfM.png

"I, unfortunately, served upon their infamous 'Task Force 66', and worked with one of these Silver Jedi firsthand." He sighed, rubbing the side of his neck gingerly as some memories floated back into his mind's eye. "Pay was good, but I left as soon as I realized exactly what we were doing that was making us so much money."

She merely nodded in slow realization of the implications. Task Force 66 was admittedly not a force she had familiarized herself, having been away from the war at the time, likely a very young teen still wandering the streets for fear of the Mand'alor's potential retribution against her birth-clan, But she had certainly heard the name before.

Moving to the present, Aloy continued to stand in silence as her own little speech concluded. Or at least, that's what an onlooker would have called it. To Aloy, there was no intent to convince Leenic to stay or to leave, and no intent to strike awe or earn respect.

To Aloy, these were just her internalized thoughts finally bubbled to the surface after so many years of isolation. Quite literally the rambling of an aging woman with ideas dancing around her head like a child with dreams for their future.

"Well then, it seems we finally dug up the Aloy Vizsla I left behind all that time ago, didn't we?" He chuckled, smiling warmly at her. "Well, Miss Vizsla, you have my blade at your disposal in order to reclaim what is rightfully ours. I only hope we are early enough to make a difference in all of this."

"If the old Vizsla you left behind rambles so much, It'll be a wonder if your ears survive" She stifled a chuckle and actually smiled. A genuine smile, as she shook her head

"But I'm not ''reclaiming anything. 'cept maybe my freedom. My honor. No, Kranak Vizsla will remain Alor of this Clan now. He took up the mantle when no one else would, during my. Absence. And he's one of very few I trust to do it right"

There is a small degree of regret to her voice. Perhaps more so in her own failings than her newfound station, even if a small part of her once enjoyed that power. But it was time for a well deserved break from politics and lofty expectations...

"In truth, I doubt these new pups would support my claim anyway. They used to shout my name, but now it's only whispered by old veterans in shadowed corners"

"No, we're building something new, Leenic Ellsil" She turned away then, giving him another, subtle smile as she passed to put the cups away

"The children can carve their own future. I can't stop them from building another empire to crumble a few decades from now. But I can build a place where those who learn from the lesson can come rest after. We can. Together"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom