Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Homecoming [SJO]

"In today's order, we have people that began Jedi training at much older ages, such as myself. I was in my mid-thirties when I began Jedi training, and we even have an accountant on hand that also began Jedi training well into adulthood. The reason why we can accept Jedi entrants into adulthood being that late entrants provide expertise we wouldn't otherwise be able to obtain"

To NFU eyes, no one would suspect Jess of actually being much older than she looked. The "Jedi beauty recipe" involved essentially two things: staying light-sided and not to abuse the Force. But the other question was asked by Audren Sykes Audren Sykes and later by that Light Sith ( Varloc Varloc ) after her own question went without answers. Plus the Jedi and the Republic being intertwined was perhaps a tell-tale sign that Gida'Vida Gida'Vida was, for some reason, removed from the greater galaxy for some period of time. We must not fall prey to groupthink the way these old Jedi denominations were, she thought. Plus taking people in from a very young age may well mean some tunnel vision later in life, which led to the groupthink we sought to avoid. Now it became clear that any attempt to get Gida up to speed would depend on when she was last been seen in the greater galaxy, so knowing major events she experienced at the time would definitely help get her on track to complete her training.

1CUnYHE.png

She was taken aback by Jessica's answer. Why were children not taken in at a young age? Who's to protect them from the forces of the galaxy who wishes to manipulate them? The notion that many force sensitives live in the galaxy without guidance frightens her for a moment but that moment passes quickly once she relies that she finally needs to explain herself. She looks among them before finally admitting her past.

"The last thing I really remember was the final day of the Separatist war, or the clone wars as people seem to refer to it as.." she says with a sorrow at the end of her voice. She didn't want to think back to how that day ended but here she was.

Tags: Audren Sykes Audren Sykes Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq Ura Iolar Ura Iolar Varloc Varloc

Few seemed to realize - on either side of the coin - that those who weren't told they were Force Sensitive rarely developed the same sort of powers that trained Sensitives had. Most would simply find themselves a bit more athletic than comparable people of their species, or have unusual luck. Even within the very limited realms of Force Sensitivity, few were those who had the power to telekinetically lift even a glass of water or mentally persuade. Most 'undiagnosed' (for lack of a better term) would find themselves becoming professional athletes or gamblers, sometimes even criminals. Those who recognized their sensitivity, were strong enough to make something of it, and who managed to train themselves...well, the term diamond in the rough came to mind.

Gida'Vida's statement about the Clone Wars was a bit of a shock. His jaw wanted to drop and eyebrows raise, but he'd long ago learned to not allow his emotions to reflect on his face. No doubt surprise twisted through his presence in the Force however. He was glad that Ura's reaction was not so staid: it added a bit more normalcy to the situation. If he remembered his galactic history right, the Clone Wars had ended about 20 years before the battle of Yavin. The current year was about 860 ABY...so almost 900 years? In a moment of unspoken humor, the thought occurred that Yoda could have taken lessons in longevity from this one. His reaction was a simple, thoughtful nod.

"She did indeed. Let's head inside, get you enrolled and set up. Are you aware of the current year?"

As he spoke about heading inside, he turned enough to gesture back at the main entrance with one hand. That was where they could formally enroll her in the ranks of the Silver Jedi and get her situated. Lodgings for sure, instructions on finding a Master and so on. Not very complicated, but necessary.

Gida'Vida Gida'Vida | Varloc Varloc | Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

1CUnYHE.png

She saw the reactions before her, something she had expected once she said the last thing she remembered. "Yes.. though I don't know much since then.. I've been told bits and pieces and have a very basic understanding of where and when.. I am. But there are many holes in my knowledge that needs filling." She told the those before her as she started to head towards the main entrance. "The Jedi in general seem much different to what I remember, and from what I have been told today the Silver Jedi even more so.. but it is why I came. I'm here now.. and if I cannot adapt I won't be able to survive.."

She visably relaxes at this point, her stress easing as she bares her secret out, one she didn't mean to keep to herself for too long but she couldn't be too careful with who she told. Looking over to the two who had been talking the most she asks another question quickly. "If the Silver Jedi govern themselves.. who sits at the top? The Grandmaster?"

Tags: Audren Sykes Audren Sykes Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq Ura Iolar Ura Iolar Varloc Varloc

Last edited:
So she was aware already. That was good, it meant he didn't have to be the one to drop the bombshell. And having 'holes in her knowledge' as she put it was quite understandable: he'd be flabbergasted if her knowledge was up to date and detailed. The state of galactic affairs was constantly fluctuating, and organizations concerned with such matters often employed entire teams of experts and analysts. With the resources of the Order however, and a bit of time, it would be a simple matter for her to fill in some of those holes.

As they entered the main foyer Audren pulled a datapad off a shelf. Whoever had designed the place had made it so the shelf would simply slip under most people's notice unless they were looking for it yet was ready and waiting when needed. He wished he knew who did that...he'd look into hiring them. He fiddled with the device as they walked, but never took the majority of his attention from those he was with.

"I'm not really surprised that the Jedi are different than before. 800 years, galactic wars, and general galactic catastrophes would be expected to change an organization. I think you'll find that the Silver Jedi are among the more traditional Jedi groups currently."

General catastrophe...the Gulag Plague could certainly be called that. That and much, much more had occurred before he'd been born, but the effect on the galaxy was unmistakable even now. He didn't keep his ear closely to the ground, but the Sephi was still a Jedi involved in the galactic scene and information did pass through his fingers. One of the rumors he'd heard of recently was effectively a full Jedi-led theocratic dictatorship. Soldiers in the streets, general rights very restricted, the works. He didn't know what had become of it.

"Silver Jedi leadership is a council called the Assembly and is made up of representatives from various organizations within the order. One does not need to be a Force User to be a member of the Assembly. The Silver Jedi used to have a Grand Master, he retired to his homeworld to be with his family. The title shifted elsewhere I'm honestly not sure if anyone still holds that position; I rotated out of the Assembly and into more wide-ranging ventures around that same time."

Thurion Heavenshield. A Jedi acknowledged as Grand Master by even other Jedi and Sith organizations. A Valkyri who - as stated - had retired to Midvinter with his wife (another highly-regarded Jedi Master) and family. He was leader of the Dawnguard, another organization that Audren counted himself a member of though they'd been quiet for some time. Despite what the words might have indicated, the Sephi hadn't rotated out of the Assembly because of the retirement or anything else, it had simply been the right time.

As he spoke, the Master offered Gida'Vida the datapad. Even the Jedi of old had kept records about their members: roll calls, histories, mission logs, and more. While this didn't need to be filled out for her to become a member of the Order, it did need to be submitted for the Order's computers to consider her a member. The galaxy ran on the archaic-named paperwork. Of course, submitting the completed form would give her a place to sleep and food, so it wasn't a bad thing.

"Registration details. The curse of paperwork."

Gida'Vida Gida'Vida | Varloc Varloc | Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom