Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homecoming [Coci Sinopi]

Tabaqui
At last they were coming home. The events occuring all across the galaxy had Thurion and Coci transferred to some ethereal plane, waking up among thorns and brambles not knowing where they are, and with no sign of little Nina. Hope seemed lost until the two were reunited by sheer chance, at which point they started getting their bearings and look for a way out. The sudden appearance of a young woman who actually seemed to belong in that nightmarish place had them all scratching their heads, until the girl then summoned a rift - a gateway between this world and the galaxy they knew. Stepping through it, they found themselves in the jungles of Dromund Kaas, and after happening upon a village they managed to board a shuttle to take them to safety. Thurion and Coci traveled to Voss to check on their fellow Silver Jedi, whom all were scrambling to make sense of the chaotic state of the galaxy. Their stay was brief, however, as both wanted nothing more than to find Nina and make sure she was safe. Now on a Silver transport heading for Tabaqui with all haste, the two finally found themselves at home as the shuttle broke through the atmosphere and descended upon the lush planet...

"Almost there. We're almost home..." he kept telling himself as he stood behind [member="Coci Sinopi"] with his arms around her delicate frame. Both palms rested upon her small bulge carrying their son. Already the poor boy had been through much turmoil, and he wasn't even born yet. Force knows what marvels he would see and do in his lifetime. The couple stood gazing through the main viewport, taking in the familiar scenery. Every second brought more hope to his heart since he verged on losing it completely upon finding himself lost and alone amidst hedgerows of thorns. They'd both defeated the odds since, now looking upon their home once more.

"When we get gome, you're taking some maternity leave, Miss Sinopi..." he joked, yet with a hint of seriousness to his suggestion. He wouldn't wanna risk putting her through something like this ever again, especially with their unborn child growing inside her. "We really should think of a name for him." His palms rubbed her belly gently as he spoke past her ear, resting his bearded chin upon her shoulder close to her cheek. Their bodies both wore scars and grime from the past ordeal, neither given nor taking any time to see to such minor injuries. Once they've ensured Nina's safety, he's taking his love for a swim in the lake. They could both do with some pampering.

Although the beautiful planet of Tabaqui now fell before them, Coci is still anxious and would remain so until she knew Nina was safe and in good health. She had heard the words of her beloved Thurion, but did not answer him immediately. A whisper as soft as the night breeze over the lake spoke to her mind, the force telling her Nina is alright, a little concerned for her father and herself but at peace. There is something else as well, something she just cannot grasp, it would slip away if she tired to ascertain the message through the force, but it seemed familiar in a sense, like something she had experienced before. It is not alarming or ill in fact quite the opposite but remains illusive to her senses.

"I had thought to request light duty from now on until our son is born", she said turned in his arms to look up into his face. Thurion would see a puzzled look over her but would not seem to be something of worry. She smiled however, "Miss Sinopi? should we not fix that name firstly", she jested back. "Maybe when we are home, Nina can help with picking out a name too".

Coci is still recovering from the ordeal of the Garden of Thorns, although her injuries had healed greatly thanks to Gareth, her energy level had suffered somewhat which put a constant drain on her force energy. There are many reasons it is good to be home.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

As she turned in his arms, their foreheads met and the tips of their noses rubbed together. "Fine - Mrs Heavenshield..." he smiled gazing into her dark, endless eyes in which he would lose himself every time. He only had to lean forward ever-so-slightly to kiss her soft lips, and he relished every moment doing so. "I love you." While they shared this moment of loving embrace, the ship descended upon the world. Down below he could already make out his ship, the Oathkeeper. "Right where I left her. Hopefully she hasn't been looted by the natives while we were gone."

The moment the shuttle touched ground, Thurion didn't even wait for the ramp to fully lower itself before leaping off the side onto the soft, green grass. Immediately he was reminded why they chose to settle on this planet and its jungle paradise. The humid air unspoiled by modern civilisation, the hot sun restoring one's energy and the sounds of wildlife in every tree creating the most harmonious melodies known to the ear. Once Coci had disembarked, Thurion shouted to the pilot through the sound of engines. "Thank you for the ride! Now get back to Silver space and help out however you can!"

While the shuttle took off, Thurion went to quickly inspect his ship parked just a few feet away from where they landed. "Teetoo, you alright in there?" he hailed the astromech on his comm-link, and it didn't take long for the little droid to return his call with a series of beeps and boops. "Good to hear your voice too, buddy. Just checking in, is all." That was all he needed to hear - the ship seemed untouched by the looks of it, so no further inspection was required. "Let's go", he told Coci as he grabbed her by the hand to lead her through the woods via the pathway they both knew so well by now.

"There it is: Himmelskald..." he proclaimed as they looked upon their home.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]​
She all but is Mrs Heavenshield as far as she is concerned, they just need to make it official. Coci grinned up into his face, those sapphire blue eyes looked into hers, sharp chiseled nose, strong jaw line that sported his beard and framed his plump ruddish lips, so close to her. Her hand raised and stroked his cheek as he uttered those words she will never tire of hearing.

"I love you", she said as their lips met, anything that ever ailed her gone in that moment.

Coci's head turned as they broke from the kiss only to see that sight of the Oathkeeper, their home away from home it had become. "I am sure it is fine", she said giggling a little, "Oh boys and their ships", she added to tease. She soon followed Thurion to the ramp and wasted no time joining him on the grass. Coci allowed the freshness of the air to fill her lungs as she took in a deep breath with closed eyes. Space, oh it was good to have space around them once more, after the thickness of the thorns and oppressive nature of the place. The clearing in which the ships land enough alone to set her mind at ease, their home would do even more.

Thurion did not believe her however, and contacted T2, her face broke into a wide smile as she listened to the conversation between man and droid.

As the two walked the path to their home, the scent of the jungle made her head swim, she had not noticed it before this and her senses maybe heightened by her pregnancy, but it is beautiful. The jungle is in bloom, and trees are heavy with fruits, the smell of the soft ripped flesh stirred her stomach and went directly to their son who stirred.

"There it is: Himmelskald..."

She squeezed his hand in a loving embrace as they moved forward to their home. "Ouch!", Coci buckled leaning forward a little, "Oh we have a kicker", she said referring to the sudden little foot pushing against her body. It is the most strangest yet wonderful experience she has ever had, expect for one. The day she met Thurion.

"Lets get into the our home, I can't wait to see Nina".

Smiling wide at her comment on their son being a kicker, Thurion didn't waste any time in sweeping her off her feet into his arms, now carrying her down the slope towards their home sitting by the lakeside as picturesque as they'd left it. They had only been gone for a day or so, so it wasn't really surprising to see nothing's changed since their disappearance; the garden was as lush as ever, and even Thurion's latest carpentry achievement was right where he'd left it on the porch. Nothing fancy, just a wooden toy for the little one with various carvings and Valkyri touches.

As they approached the front door, however, he was immediately reminded of that other presence he'd felt back on Dromund Kaas and his senses went on high alert. Putting Coci back down onto the ground, he took great care in opening the door so as to not make a sound. The inside looked as peacful as ever with nothing out of the ordinary. Kitchen seemed well-stocked, meaning there had been no raiding the larder while they were gone. Keeping a firm grip of his lightsaber hilt Thurion began ascending the stairs leading to the upper floor where Nina's room was, with Coci close behind him.

"Nina...?" he called out carefully, listening for any sound. There was none at first, but as the two closed in on Nina's bedroom door they could hear faint voices from within. Slowly opening the door his eyes settled first at the frame of little Nina sat on the floor, which brought him no end of joy. As the door opened fully, however, his jaw dropped and his eyes opened wide as he saw a being of the most brilliant and beautiful light he'd ever seen. It was in the shape of a person, a woman. As Nina noticed her father stepping inside the room she immediately got up and threw herself at him in loving embrace, smiling wide. "Nina!" he spoke overwhelmed with joy as he bent the knee to hold his daughter again.

"Daddy! Mommy! She told me you would come back, and you did!" This puzzled him somewhat. "She?" His gaze was again fixed on the ghostly apparition, who seemed anything but hostile. "The nice lady who kept me company. She's very pretty and kind." Letting go of Nina so she could throw herself at Coci just as she had her father, Thurion got up and stepped closer to the spirit. "Hello, Thurion..." she spoke in an ethereal voice not of this world, yet with a clearly female tone. She looked like she was about to shed tears just by looking at him. "I've only ever been able to say that to you once before." She "stepped" closer to him, meeting him halfways. "Who... who are you?" he asked her, despite somehow knowing the answer. The woman smiled.

"I am she who brought you into this world - the world of the living lost to me for so long, now." The sudden knowledge that this spirit was who he thought she was now settled, and he slumped to the floor while never breaking eye-contact with her. "Mother...?"

[SIZE=10.5pt]“It is so good to be home”,[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] she said softly as he swept her up. Her face radiant with a smile and the glow of the baby growing within her. She always marvels at Thurion’s strength, a direct heritage of the Valkyri, a people of immense power in a lot of ways regardless of their lack of technology. This never defines superiority, many being in the galaxy having advanced technology one would not call civilised. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]His feet trod heaving on the wooden veranda leading up to the front door, a slight hesitation in his gait and Coci had felt the disturbance too. She looked up into his face, questioning and worried as he placed her down. Immediately her hand summon her saber and she followed behind Thurion up to the first floor. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Although Thurion called Nina’s name, Coci could sense her through the force, no fear or danger but a longing in the small girl’s heart, she missed her parents. However, that familiar feeling was also present, like she had recognised a signature through the force, but she could not place a name to it. She had had the same feeling on Pelagon. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Coci made her way into Nina’s bedroom directly behind Thurion. Her eyes sort Nina and found her just as she stood to run forward to her father. However, her penetrating eyes found the apparition, the visage of a woman still and calm. Her body held a grace in its countenance, elegant almost regal. Coci knelt down as Nina came to her, she embraced her as much for safety and for love. We missed you so much, I love you, she told her through telepathy. We are home. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]However Coci could not take her attention away from the woman. As Thurion spoke and the woman told him news that took Coci’s breath away, the realisation overwhelming, Coci stood up but remained in place until Thurion dropped to the floor. She made a movement toward him, to go and be by his side, but something stopped her. This is a moment between them now and she would remain and witness something extraordinary. Before them all stood Sarah. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][member="Thurion Heavenshield"][/SIZE]​

"I... Father told me how you died. It was me that killed you..." Tears had begun crawling their way down his cheeks, at which point the spirit settled her palms against either side of his face. "No...! Thurion, you mustn't think such! It was my choice to bring you into the world, because I knew you would rise to become greatness. Your father did not understand, but he accepted my decision even though knowing what it meant. We both went through with it out of love for you, even as an unborn child." Her touch was non-existant, yet incredibly soothing. It was as if a soft breeze curled his beard as she caressed her son, and he could do naught but weep.

"You", she addressed Coci. "Come closer, child." Nina meanwhile walked up to her father and hugged him from behind. "My son has his father's charms, does he not? Theirs is a legacy of raw strength coupled with the gentlest of hearts, as it should be. Thank you for taking care of him, as he has cared for you. I learnt in life that love is in fact not corruptive, but rather strengthens one's will to live for others. Please, go on loving each other as you have thus far. Your son is the ultimate proof of your love, and I sense that he, too, will become a force for good in the galaxy."

Thurion finally managed to staunch the tide of his tears, and as he looked upon his mother's face he felt nothing but love and warmth. He got back up on his feet, taking Nina in his arms along the way. "The locket... That's what made you find Nina, wasn't it? When the rifts appeared, you were able to get through just as we did? Thank you for taking care of her." Nina placed a tiny kiss upon her father's cheek, ridding him of any remaining tears as he put his arm around Coci and held her close. "It was the least I could do for my son's family. However, I must go. The galaxy has yet to return to normal, but I sense it will soon enough. The Balance of the Force will be restored." Again she placed a hand upon her son's face.

"I am so proud of you, Thurion - you and your brother. You have both lead difficult lives and yet become so strong. I love you." Thurion raised a hand to place upon her mother's, yet all he felt was his own face. "Mother... I have only one thing to ask of you. Please, go see father before you go. He misses you dearly." The woman nodded, smiling. "I will do so. It will be good to see the face of my beloved once more. Thank you..." A moment later the spirit had dissipated before their eyes, and never had he felt such comfort of his soul. One last tear was shed and promptly wiped away. "Farewell, mother. I love you."

[SIZE=10.5pt]A vision of splendour. What transpired before her eyes was something of major significance to Thurion and to his entire family. Something good had happened. Among all the destruction and devastation of the galaxy at large, here in this room a miracle. This happening would not be seen by others or told to them, and if it had it would hold little importance to them as they would have their own events and stories to tell. But to Thurion and Coci it is unmeasurable and a gift. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Only a cold heart would not be effected by this, and once long ago she would have stood unmoved, but no longer as Thurion had torn down the walls that encased Coci in the darkened world of the shadows. Her body trembled as she listened to his mother speak, reassuring a lost child of love and removing all pain within his heart. Coci could sense it, the lifting of a weight heavy in Thurion’s heart and dispelled by the love of a mother. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She did not give issue to her joy for him, no sound fell from her mouth but a flood of tears on her cheek she would remember with great joy for all time. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Coci stepped forward toward them as she was summon, she managed a smile as Sarah spoke of Thrand and the Valkyri. “He does”, she said and could not manage much more at this point. As she spoke of love, it only reaffirmed what she and Thurion believe, that love is more powerful than even the Force. Coci and Thurion share a bond great, one that has developed and strengthened with each passing day, a bond bound by love and light which will always guide them to each other no matter what. “Thurion’s strength of heart is his greatest strength as a man, and he is the most gentlest of men who holds a nobility unmatched by any”. The nobility she refers to is that of true nobles, one that knows of integrity, valour, honour and grace. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Mother and son spoke further, Coci moved to his side and remained in silence. The room filled with love as if the air held it around them, the gentlest of whispers filled them all with a soothing touch, and to replace all that had gone before. And then.. A farewell.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Coci rested her hand on Thurion’s shoulder as she looked for him, his face still moist from tears. Her head tilted as her eyes covered every inch of his features, so familiar to her now and yet never will grow weary of looking. He will have changed, how could this happening not do so, not change his soul. Finally she looked directly into his eyes and she smiled. “Sarah is extraordinary, you .. are extraordinary”. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][member="Thurion Heavenshield"][/SIZE]​

The overwhelming heartache he'd felt just a few seconds ago had now been replaced by sheer joy; he had his family back, all safe and sound. If anything would've happened to either of them, he would never be able to forgive himself. As the patriarch of the Heavenshields, it was his job to look after everyone. By the looks of it, their little family would only grow in numbers given enough time. Thurion didn't waste any time in kissing his fiancée, Nina still in his arms. He didn't really know what to say after all that had happened. So many emotions swirled around within him, most of them good. Above all else he was tired and hungry; he'd not rested nor eaten since he found himself in that maze of thorns he wished nothing more than forget about.

Letting Nina back down, she held his hand with both her tiny ones, unwilling to let go of her father taken away from her so suddenly. "I don't know about you two, but Papa Heavenshield is starving", he said while leading his daughter out of her bedroom and down the stairs towards the kitchen. In the back of his head something had stuck with him from his mother's words, something specific. She mentioned his brother. Why? Was she not aware that he was long dead? It puzzled him greatly, yet he knew he'd recieve little in terms of answers. He would have to discover the meaning of this at another time. His eyes caught Coci staring, no doubt noticing his sudden pondering. He smiled in response and merely moved to embrace his beloved.

[SIZE=10.5pt]The warm touch of his lips lingered after Thurion had lead Nina out of the room. Coci remained behind for a moment, her thoughts on what just had happened. She walked around Nina’s bedroom, allowing her hands to glide over the surfaces of her furniture before she came to the crib that Thurion had made for their son. Her finger tips gently felt the white fabric that lined the crib, and her mind drifted to Sarah. She never knew the joy of holding her son but once, only called his name but once, until now. She had had the chance to caress his face, call his name for a second time, and Coci hoped that one day she may return to them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]But something settle in her mind, something in the words of Sarah had puzzled her, but for the moment she would just live in the moment of the joy they all felt. Another thing had occurred to her, the displacement of many in the galaxy which included Thurion and herself, she pondered this, had the Force worked to place them both in the same location? Was it a test? So many questions that more than likely will never be answered in the life. Finally, she turned and looked in the space where Sarah had just appeared to them, Coci could still clearly see her there, her image etched in her mind, the beautiful face and hair golden as the sunlight, a tall woman slender and graceful, Thurion is a good mixture of both father and mother. In more ways than looks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She filled her lungs with the fresh air of Tabaqui as the soft breeze became a little bit stronger with the riding of the day. Coci left Nina’s room and made her way downstairs to the kitchen to the loving embrace of Thurion. “Alright then Pops!”, she teased him, “What will you prepare for us hungry bears today?”, she said take a place next to Nina at the table.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Coci’s eyes fell on the locket Nina wore still, it is more than just a locket, she thought with a warm smile and now more than ever she is overjoyed she had made that trip to Pelagon.[/SIZE]

The End

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom