Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Athiss
[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

"My Lord."

Ryal gave a deep bow as he entered the doors of his home, the golden doors parting before him to reveal a mass of commotion and movement. A dozen servants scrambled every which way, twice their number of warriors stood guard all around the lobby. Some of them seemed to relax as Vrak came into view, though others stiffened, as though they had no been expecting him to return. He scowled slightly, his lips turning to a sneer as he rounded upon the Pureblood servant.

"What has happened?" His words were a bite.

Neesa and Irid had informed him of some of the damage that had occurred over the last six months, though neither were properly positioned to actually know everything. Neesa was just an assassin and Irid was lower than a slave. She was his apprentice, and her knowledge didn't pertain to politics.

Still he knew that he'd lost much while he'd been trapped within the oceans of Naboo. His place within the ministries had been vacated, his holdings had been seized, and the factories that he'd worked so hard to open had barely been kept so by the interference of Lord Sitas. Things had not gone well since his capture, and that was told easily enough by the way his estate was half in panic. Likely they were worried about Siedra seizing the place, something Vrak would never live down.

"You've lost most of your holdings, My Lord. Your factories were taken by Lord Sitas, Siedra claimed the mines previously held by Lord Gelder, and your agricultural centers were seized by the council. In short, my Lord, all you hold is this estate."

The Pureblood stopped, turning on Ryal. "I see."

Rage poured from him like a torrential river. His fingers tightening ever so slightly.

"This must be rectified." He wouldn't lash out, not here, not now. He had to control himself. "Call what remains of my allies. I would have words."

Regaining his position would be difficult, if not possible, taking back what he had before...he didn't know if he could. Yet there was always a way to power, and he had more than enough holdings off-Athiss to sustain himself, at least for a time. He frowned for a moment and began to stalk away, though Ryal Spoke up once again, catching his attention before he could wander too far.

"One more thing, My Lord. Your Mistress is here. In your bedroom."

Vrak stopped, frowning and glancing back at Ryal. Mistress? He had no-Sera.

His lips thinned for a moment. He had last seen her months ago upon his journey to meet Malegeant. He had honored the terms of their deal, having given her rooms here in the Palace on Athiss. She had been treated like a Queen, given whatever she asked and seen to almost as well as he was. When he'd left he had tasked her with the assassination a man on Bastion. He didn't know whether she'd completed the task, though knowing her it had only taken a short while.

Vrak frowned. Had she been here this whole time? Waiting?

His fingers curled into a fist for a moment as he turned, twisting to head up the stairs. Within a few moments he pushed open the doors to his bedroom, the gaudy gold folding open to reveal Sera's pink and lithe form lounging upon rich purple and black bedspread. She appeared the same as she always had, though perhaps she'd be surprised by the changes in Vrak.

He was thinner than she'd ever seen him, gaunt, his eyes sunken and his skin having lost some of it's normal luster. Yet there was a strength that still clung to him, his back still straight and that same hard stare still coming from his gaze.

As if it were in question that the man was dead. She was no amateur. The man on Bastion, as isolated as he was, still had weaknesses, still had needs, still had desires. Desires were the easiest of manipulations to mold. Men, in particular, were simpletons when it came to desires. They wanted two things, pleasure and power. Having offered herself as one would expect a member of her species, she managed to bypass nearly all vetting by the man's security, choking him to death silently in his room before making off with his little black book containing contacts, locations, and more that Vrak had asked for, not to mention a rather nice chrono that she'd left on his end table as a small gift.

To her surprise though, he didn't return. Days turned to weeks turned to months. Aspects of his life began to wane, various assets stripped. At one time or another someone had come looking to take what was kept within his palace walls. That notion was quickly abandoned when they found the pink woman dwelling within. Eventually they would have the manpower to wrestle her from the space, but for now? For now she quite enjoyed the life she was living, even if the rest of Vrak's fortune wilted away.

Whatever befell him was his own stupidity. Sera had seen the bounty on his head that some priss from Naboo had levied against him. He likely found his fate there. Unfortunate that he was likely dead.

Though as he bounded through the bedroom doors, absolutely writhing in anger, looking notably different, as if he had withered away into almost nothing, a number of welts, bruises, scrapes, and more, she couldn't help but smirk.

Within seconds of his arrival she quipped. "Well don't you look like you got karked by a Rancor."

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

"So eager to be taught a lesson?" Vrak asked her as he stepped into the room, the doors naturally falling closed behind him. His voice betrayed all of the arrogance that he still held, even after months of imprisonment there was no cowing him. His fingers tightened into fists.

She always knew where to poke and prod.

It was an ability that had likely served her well in her line of work, but with Vrak it had often lead to...consequences, though he was hardly in the mood for such things, at least not yet. Six months in prison had seen little respite for him in that department, the only touch he had felt being from that disgusting blonde creature. Yet he was too focused on his anger on his losses, to driven by the idea of regaining everything to focus on even the thought of taking Sera to bed.

For now.

"Have you been enjoying yourself?" He needed a bath. The ship had a refresher, but nothing as good as the one here at home. "I'm told you've taken to staying in my room."

She had her own, but apparently Sera had taken up residence within his chambers some months ago, hence why the assassin that had sought to claim him home had been rebuked. Slowly as he waited for her to answer Vrak wandered across the room, stripping off the clothes that had confined him, throwing them to the floor as if the very sight of them brought him nothing but disgust.

Her arms crossed, eye perking at the threat of violence. "You don't look well enough to teach a Nerf a lesson, let alone me." Always the reminder that she was his better. Even if he had just been stripped of all dignity and pride for the past six months, she would still remind him, because in those six months, she hadn't. It was only right, after all. A welcome home gift, in a way.

A breath was taken in, a shifting of her nose and jaw, looking over his sullen form. "I have, on both accounts." A nod followed her words. "Your servants have made me quite" her tongue clicked, emphasizing the word. "comfortable. A suitable replacement, I think." Her green eyes captured him as he stripped, further revealing himself to be the mess of a man he was now. "You've lost quite a bit in your absence. I kept the vultures from the palace though. I think they are weary of me."

Her legs draped over the edge of the bed allowing her to stand and wander towards Vrak, stepping in the way of the door that separated the washroom from the bedroom, looking him up and down.

"So tell me," A single pink finger traced a line down his chin and chest. "Lord Nashar, what happened to you?"

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

His lips thinned as she stepped into his path. She was right on one account, if they were to fight now he would lose, quite badly probably. She had the strength to break him like a twig. It would take weeks for him to be at peak condition once again, his lips turned to a frown for just a moment as he peered at her.

Still, he had one thing at least.

Slowly the Sith Pureblood stepped towards her, the last of his garments dropping away. "I was captured."

Vrak answered her. She had likely already guessed that much, both from his appearance and his lack of presence here on Athiss. Vrak would not have stayed away unless he was forced to stay away, particularly because he had lost so much. His arm slipped around her as he stepped into her, The Pureblood still managing a little bit of force as he pulled her ever so slightly from her feet and towards him. He pressed her against himself.

"Taken by scum." A sneer pulled over his lips. "Kept on Naboo."

Disgust ran through the word. "But...there will be retribution for my captors."

The woman nearly laughed, if not for the restraint to not be slapped. She knew how far to press Vrak, even in his current state. She could mock him for being weaker than she, for failing, among a number of other things, but for losing what was his and being captured, embarrassed by others, and made to look weak? He would likely try to strangle her, even if it was unsuccessful, for that. The pull from Vrak, with his arm around the bottom of her waist forced her forward, stepping carefully on the tips of her toes into him, hands placed against his shoulders.

Her lekku curled slightly, head resting in the crook of his neck.

"Unfortunate." She said simply, before leaning herself back. "I assumed as much. Word of your bounty spread quickly enough."

Of course without much information to go on, finding him there would have been difficult, if not impossible for her. She hadn't the contacts that he had, nor the free authority to demand things of these other crimson skinned neanderthals to aide in her search. Thus she kept to herself, waiting for his return. If he was alive he would return eventually, that much she knew.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

His fingers wrapped around her waist.

"The experience was not...pleasant." His voice was strained slightly, though he sought no sympathy. Vrak already knew that he would get none from Sera, just the opposite likely. Plus he wasn't one for pity anyway. Slowly he spun her around, stepping so that he was half within the bathroom and half out, his arm still around her.

He gave no notion of allowing her to slip away.

"There are many I will have to kill." Vrak whispered to her, knowing she would understand. "Others I will have to break."

That Blonde Schutta. "We will be busy soon."

His lips pressed against her neck.

"The Naboo don't seem the type to torture. How bad could it have been?" Oddly enough the question wasn't exactly aimed to be an insult, more so a general curiosity of hers. "I imagined they put you up in a rather nice holding cell. But you look worse for wear." Sera had been quite enjoying the servant's serving in the palace. She got wonderful meals, plenty of amenities, lots of pampering, and they seemed to at least enjoy her presence enough not to plunge a knife into her heart while she slept.

Of course, she had not once laid a hand on any of them, even rarely scolded them. They were all relatively good at keeping out of her way, and doing whatever it was they did to keep things in order, so to her they were nothing more than background noise. Perhaps the lack of attention she paid them was what made them appreciate her presence.

"We? You look like you need more than a bath before you're up for any killing and breaking."

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

"They hung me from the ceiling, force restraints." There was a distaste on his lips. "They did not feed me, I was kept alive through a nutrient tube. The scars and cuts are from my escape."

He didn't mention the force collar. "I will recover."

Though that would take time.

"In the meantime there are other things I must attend to." Other things that he would do. "Though for now, I believe a bath will do."

His other hand came up, finger running against her spine.

Her back straightened, a low humming purr from her throat at the touch. "See that it is a speedy recovery, else your enemies will make quick work of you." As if he hadn't made enough of those already. Sometimes she wondered if the reason he kept her around was because she knew enough about him that she was one of the few true threats to his safety. The one opening in his armor. After all, having so many enemies meant needing friends at some point. Vrak was hardly the strongest, but he had uses.

The assumption was already made that those who did not wish for his return would soon hear the news and come looking to eliminate him.

"Very well." She said, stepping to the side to allow him access to the room. "I will linger." Pointing towards the bed, eyes falling over him before she turned to pace back to the massive, ornate bed where the book she had been reading earlier still waited.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

She moved slowly away from him, though before she could get too far Vrak's arm went slipping around her stomach. He held her in place for just a moment, the strength that he had left keeping her there for just a moment as he pressed his lips against her neck once more. "Linger closer."

He told her.

"There is much I need plan." She was, unfortunately for her, one of the few people that Vrak could 'trust', as far as any Sith could use that word anyway. Due to that she would be integral to anything that he planned to do. Sera was powerful, strong in the force and an expert assassin. Why wait on telling her what he would do while he bathed? It wasn't like he had anything to hide, besides, she would probably enjoy the sight, if only to mock him.

His hand unwrapped from her.

As always he would allow her to decide. Lest she think it a command.

Her tongue was pressed between two rows of white teeth, eyes lifting and falling as if she were deciding whether or not Vrak was still worthy of her. The sound of her tongue clicking against the roof of her mouth rang out, a slight echo in the washroom as she decided to do as he asked. Instead of leaving she pushed closed the door behind them, leaning over the edge of the large basin and twisting a gold knob as the flow of water began which quickly followed small plumes of steam as the room began to heat from the temperature of the water.

In just a matter of minutes the basin would be filled, while condensation had already begun to collect on the mirror and glass in the room.

With a turn she used the palms of her hands to lift herself up onto the counter facing the bath, legs crossing as she swayed. Normally she would have just stripped her clothing and gotten in with him, but this seemed not to be the time for such. Instead she simply observed.

"What is on your mind, then?"

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Vrak stood in place for a second, considering her as she filled the tub for him.

He mused on their relationship, slowly wandering over to her as she pulled herself onto the bathroom counter. They were an odd pair, if you could even ascribe that to them. They had made a deal months ago, one that allowed them mutual gain. It seemed that she had taken full advantage of his side of the bargain, lavishing within his palace and even using his own bed. He would have to ensure to exact a toll upon her for that, though he didn't think she would mind.

For a few seconds Vrak ran his fingers over her legs, one hand gently brushing the mark still upon her thigh. "It will begin here on Athiss."

Vrak began as he pressed a bruising kiss on her lips, turning away from her a second later.

"I must regain my holdings here first and foremost." That was the most important thing. Without Athiss, he was nothing. He had wealth spread around the galaxy, but anything else would be lost if his position here could not be regained. Slowly he wandered towards the bath, slipping into the hot water with only a little hesitation. "The fastest way of doing that, is by killing Siedra and taking what she has."

By now Sera would likely know that Siedra was his chief rival here on Athiss. The once childhood friend that had been betrayed by Vrak nearly twenty years ago. She would have heard from the Servants that the Pureblood woman wanted Vrak dead more than any other being alive.

Her eyes glanced to the water as it rose, dispersed by his body as he climbed into the bath. She didn't move from her spot atop the counter, simply watched and listened to his general plan.

From a bath straight to the killing. How befitting of Vrak Nashar. Always with the killing.

Leaning back on her hands she cocked her head to the side, curious as to how he planned to kill this woman who had so much more than he. Guards, protection, power, wealth. Not to mention just about everything that was his was now hers, save for the palace, Sera herself, and servants on Athiss. What he had stashed away on worlds elsewhere was hardly of help here and now. He couldn't amass an army, so he would need to be subtle, stealthy in order to achieve this goal.

That meant the Twi'lek was likely involved in this somehow.

How unsurprising.

"And how, might I ask, do you plan to do that?"

In case he hadn't checked, he looked rather pathetic in his current state, though she had bruised his ego enough for the time being.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

"I have little power here at the moment." He didn't mind admitting the truth, never had.

"On other worlds however I have plenty." That didn't really help him much right away, and meant that it would take more time for him to prepare everything, but eventually it would bring him all that he would need. "Some time ago a Servant of my ally and I acquired the Holocron of Dread Master Bestia."

He told Sera. "Upon it is the code for a Virus."

This was something he'd thought of months ago, but only now would he have to use it.

"Using the Virus I can take control of Siedra's armies." His head craned towards Sera as he slowly began to wash himself. "Once she is without an army she will be vulnerable."

He smiled. "Once she's vulnerable, my lovely Assassin can kill her."

The pink woman slid her rear off the counter top, walking in a rather sultry manner towards the bath, and Vrak. "Oh, really now?" She asked coyly.

She gave an amused hmph.

"Infecting an army with a volatile, ancient Sith virus, and then using me to finish the job?" Her lip curled back, tongue pressing against the top row of teeth, making the draw of air through the space hiss before her composure returned to a static neutral. "That is your plan, huh?" The Twi'lek knelt beside the bath, arms resting over the lip of the basin, head resting atop pink knuckles. "And what if this ancient Sith virus does not in fact, work?"

One hand dipped into the water, lazily dragging it through the hot liquid.

"What is your backup plan?" She grinned, teeth baring. "She will come for you."

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

His hand came from the water, gently brushing over her cheek for a moment. "It will work."

Vrak was at the very least confident of that. Bestia had been one of the most powerful Sith Lords alive in her time, when his people had still dominated more than half the galaxy. The power that she had used, she and the other Dread Masters had been able to destroy entire fleets from within. The power was there, it just had to be properly created. Such a thing would take skill of course, skill beyond his, but that could be supplemented by the involvement as others.

His finger traced down her jaw line.

"She will." There was no doubt in his mind. "But her reach does not extend beyond Athiss. She will find me gone until I am recovered, all of us."

Giving up his estate, even temporarily was painful, but he knew that it had to be done. "We will remove ourselves to my Palace on Dromund Fel."

Where he had been keeping Irid.

"Your bruises are gone." He told her as his finger slowly slid over her neck.

"What makes you so confident? Have you tested this virus in any depth?"

The Twi'lek perhaps regretted those exact words, potentially out of worry that he might think to perform said testing on her if necessary. After all, she still needed to sleep, unlike him, for the most part. That left her far more vulnerable far more often than she would like when it came to matters like that. Though she had enough confidence that he wouldn't try something as brash as that, she couldn't entirely rule it out either.

Still, it was better to know something worked than to hope it worked, simply because some mystical legendary Sith of old made it. Seraphina lifted her head, tilting back so that the crimson man would see that all of the markings there had long since healed, a product of months of respite. "They are." She said, smiling. "You've been gone many months. Time heals all wounds. All." The comment was a subtle jab at losing him for any great length of time, hence why she was cozy in his bed, inside of his palace when he returned, seemingly unworried.

"Though I imagine some will return."

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

He continued to trace his finger around her neck a slow and soft caress.

"My ancestor." He began, almost as if distracted by other thoughts. "Witnessed the effects of the virus itself, on Oricon where the Dread Masters first unleashed it. He watched as soldiers, families, even children killed one another. They were driven mad, pushed to the very brink of sanity...and then taken by the Masters themselves."

Vrak continued to trace a thin line over her neck. "More than that, I am confident it works because Siedra has already used it."

A lesser version anyway. When he and Neesa had taken the Holocrons in the first place they'd found several Massassi infected, their minds twisted and broken. It had been a shadowed and broken version of the virus he'd discovered within the Holocron, not even close to the complete thing, but it had been enough to see that the Virus could in fact work. That gave him confidence, he would just have to find someone to create it for him.

His finger slowly stopped, his hand stretching around her throat.

"They will." Vrak told her as he gently grasped her neck and pulled her closer.

"Do you have this virus now?" She asked, "And how do you disperse it?"

The familiar grasp of his hand, the tightening of his fingers, they retraced healed, but identical bruises from months before. The pressure, the subtle direction from his hand, it was all the same as it had been before he disappeared. Her lips curled into a snarl as he beckoned her closer, teeth baring towards him in an almost animal like fashion. A low growl hummed in her throat, fingers tightening around the lip of the basin drawing her in closer to the Sith's face.

"You missed me." The words were accusatory, condescending in a way. As if he'd somehow been diminished. "Was prison really that hard on you?"

Like the water surrounding him her words slid from her tongue, though like poison, the venom seeped through. A deviant grin washed over her face, feeling the grip of his fingers tighten around her throat.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom