Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Was All I Ever Wanted [Thyrian]

It was quiet.

Too quiet.

The Great Hall of Thainbroek had never been so empty, not in her memory at least, and without her beloved and their child present Kära felt... Alone. Isolated, even. She was too heavy with child to get around much these days, so venturing out to see the City and what lay beyond wasn't really an option. Nor did she really have anyone within this most ancient of buildings to talk to.

Kära hadn't done a very good job at making friends over her lifetime. There had been associates, sure, even people she's kind of admired, sort of liked, but friends?

No, there hadn't been any of those.

She had never noticed it before, never cared, but that was before all she knew had come crumbling down. The Empire, and all that came with it, had destroyed her plans before they'd fully come into fruition. Stupid plans that they were, they were all she had known. Then came the drifting, the endless drifting, aboard The Judgement, then the bunker. Whatever happened to that place?

There hadn't been a home for Kära since she was a child, and even that hadn't been particularly nice or welcoming. She realized now that's what she had wanted all along, to belong. And when some fool of a Sith fed her poodoo about a prophecy with her name stamped across it... How could she not fall for it?

A foolish child, with no place to go. Who could blame her for wanting to belong.

Sat in the chair beside the hearth, Kära found herself looking around the cozy room she now inhabited. Signs of life, of love, were sprawled all over, blankets and clothes, actual belongings. And more. Signs of what was to come, tiny clothes, wooden toys, the sight of them made her heart flutter.

One hand found the bump, and a moment later she felt him kick. The tiny life within her, she knew him inside and out yet she hadn't once laid eyes upon him. She'd heard some of the old wives claim it was a girl she was carrying, but Kära knew better. A strong son to cherish, for her beloved to adore.

Her eyes settled upon the crib beside the bed, handcrafted, ornate... Beautiful. Only the woman wasn't too sure she'd be willing to part with the babe when he came. Would she want him trapped in some wooden cage, instead of in her arms? It never did Theo any harm, she supposed, and was it not the very same one her Nephew had used?

She closed her eyes and allowed her hands to once again settle upon her belly. Not long now, she knew, it was almost time. She could only hope that her little star would wait just a little while longer until [member="Thyrian Hearthfire"] returned.

Their trip had been quite productive, to say the least - discovering an entire species lost to Midvinter's history, and that of the Valkyri as the two races were heavily dependant on each other long before the first pages of the oldest texts were first written. Following their incredible find, the three had decided they'd accomplished more than enough and set sail home with the newfound knowledge. Théodred had achieved what he had sought to achieve: he was a man now, in his own right. The heart of the Valkyri beats strongly in him, perhaps stronger than either him or Thurion as they were only introduced to their ways late in life, while Théodred was born into it. The same would be true for the child growing inside of Kära, in spite of the fact that he'd be half Umbaran.

Having said their farewells following their return to Tháinbroek, the High King headed up the steps leading to the Great Hall - his home, by all accounts. For many years the sterile, metallic holds of the Judgement had been home to him, but it was drastically outdone by feeling the cold, fresh air in your lungs and solid ground under your feet. This was where he belonged.

With a loud creak the sturdy wooden doors of the Great Hall were thrown open, and in stepped Thyrian to be immediately greeted by the warmth of the many hearths. Removing his cloak and letting it fall to the floor, he wasted no time in seeking out the light of his life. Striding through the hallways until reaching their bedroom door, Thyrian swept his fingers through his unkempt hair before the door opened with a soft, drawn out creak. There she was, sat bundled up in her chair with the large bump of her belly ever prominent. "Kära," he spoke as she looked her way. "You look so beautiful..."

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Eyelids heavy, Kära had to stave off the lure of sleep as she sat there amidst the silence. She felt somewhat cold, despite the warmth of the fire, and every so often she couldn't help but sniffle. It didn't matter how long she had lived on this icy world, it seemed as though her constitution would never adjust to fully endure the cold as Thyrian and the others could.

Reaching out for one of the furs which were sprawled over the back of the adjacent chair, she nestled down into them and allowed her eyes just a moments rest.

Before she knew it, there was a warmth to the room that had been lacking for some time. She didn't hear him enter, nor his footsteps, but she could feel him there, close by. Was this a dream? Some twisted thing her mind had made up to console her?

Then came his voice.

Bold as brass, filled with love, comforting as ever. Her head turned toward him, cheeks glowing under the heat of the hearth and the general allure of pregnancy. A smile, the likes of which she saved for Thyrian - and on occasion his brother - alone, pulled at her lips. One hand reached toward him.

"You returned" she whispered, though she had never doubted he would. Part of her wanted to hear all the tales of their journey, but mostly she wanted to feel his embrace. So she remained quiet instead, she did not question him, she simply left a wanting hand outstretched toward him.

"Feel" she whispered, as her other hand caressed the kicking bump. "He knows that you're here."

He. It was definitely a son.

[member="Thyrian Hearthfire"]

Kära's outstretched hand was not left held out for long as Thyrian stepped towards her and immediately took her hand in his, again feeling the softness of her skin against the coarseness of his. As her hand then guided his to settle upon the bump in her lap, he slumped to his knees while feeling the life growing inside her jump alive, subtely and delicately. A smile broke out across his face, along with slight concern for his beloved's health. He looked up into her face, every time expecting there to be a horrid scar sat across her cheek only to be relieved that there was none.

"Death itself could not keep me from you once before, Snowflake," he spoke so softly while placing his other hand upon her cheek. "And if he were to try again, I'd tell him to kark off and send me back where I belong." He then leaned forward to place a gentle kiss upon the baby bump, intended for his unborn son. "With the two of you."

A soft sniffle escaped him as he then laid his head in her lap while listening to the movement going on within her. "I love you, Kära. From the day we first met I've always loved you. I know this isn't the life either of us expected to lead, but..."

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Warmth rushed through her, staving off the frigid air of Midvinter, the moment his hand touched hers. Sighing in relief, realizing that he truly had returned to her, Kära took a moment to enjoy the sensation before gently pulling him closer so that he could feel the strength of their son.

As he fell to his knees, Kära leaned forward to settle a kiss atop his brow. He looked weary, travel worn, yet there was a glower to his skin that went beyond the usual warmth he carried. Something within him had changed, perhaps it was the rush of the sea air and the knowledge that he had journeyed around his homeland.

For the first time in a long time he genuinely looked happy, carefree. Not even the knowledge of their past, of what had once transpired, seemed to weigh him down in that instance.

"I love you" she whispered, Force did it feel so freeing to admit that after so long of rejecting it. One hand lifted to run through his hair as he settled his head into her lap, brushing through the locks which for a long time had been kept from her.

While she cursed the Witch for creating such a tender soul into a monster as she had, Kära was also grateful to have been able to know him. To free him, even if she had done it for selfish reasons back then, and to have the opportunity to let him rise again like the Phoenix he was... Alive, human, for a fresh start.

"Don't leave again" she added, absentmindedly as she stroked his hair, "Not until he's here and safe. I couldn't bear the thought of you missing it..."

Lifting his head from her lap to look up into her icy-blue eyes, Thyrian took her hand and placed a kiss upon it. "I promise. I won't ever leave your side, but not just until our son is born," he spoke while searching his leather pouch for something. The item he pulled out was small, especially when compared to his large fingers, but shone with white light as he held it up between thumb and index finger.

A ring, fashioned from freshly fallen snow turned hard as crystal. "When I took up my father's crown I did so to spare my brother the burden. I know I'm not half the ruler my father was, but... It was never my intention to rule alone," he said to her. "I need you by my side, Kära, and not just as my Queen..."

Taking her by the hand and gently sliding the ring upon her finger, his eyes never once left hers. "Until the sun rises in the West and sets in the East, I will love you. Will you marry me, Snowflake?"

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

She continued to stroke his hair as he reassured her, and even as the topic began to shift. Truth be told she didn't fully understand what he was getting at to begin with, though she was listening intently.

The sight of the ring, caught in the hearth light, caught her attention, its beauty astounding... And Kära had never been one for aesthetics, too pragmatic for such, yet it caught even her breath for a moment.

"Nobody knows how to rule" she whispered, as she looked into his glowing eyes and offered a tender smile, "it is something that can only be learned through practice, my dear, yet I have no doubt you'll do as grand a job as your Father with time."

What came next took her by pure surprise.

She felt the cool embrace of the ring as he slid it into place, unable to find words to express how she felt toward his request.

Marry?

Was she capable of such? Was she marriage material?

Her eyes drifted to a ring already set upon her beloved's finger, one she had made just after Mysa had returned to her life, despite the time which had passed he still wore it, and the gentle weave of flames which danced within had not once been stifled.

"Of course" came her response, clear as day, without any hesitation. "Yes, of course I'll marry you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX5LCezAMI4

Once having spoken those few precious words to the woman he loved so intensely, her answer was nothing short of breath-taking as Thyrian all of a sudden found himself having forgotten how to. His mind turned blank, muscles tensed up and his hands began to tremble. This all occurred under the span of a second, before his heart resumed to beat rapidly and steadily and his strength was returned to him. He rose to his feet, towering above Kära only to lift her off her chair and into his arms, always careful not to cause her discomfort due to the large bump of her tummy.

"I am yours, and you are mine. Always and forever," he spoke moments before leaning in for a lasting kiss upon her tender lips, and as they kissed he slowly started to cradle her in his arms like he would a newborn babe. Thyrian even began to turn in place, swaying so gently from side to side as if in a trance.

When finally their kiss ended he found himself alight with soft, blue flames, wrapping themselves around the two like a warm blanket. They lasted for but a brief moment until he took Kära to bed to lay down with her on top of the covers, perfectly content with spending what remained of the day with the two of them as his only company - his Snowflake and his unborn son.

"I will teach him all I can," he said while settling his hand upon her tummy once more. Then, a wave of concern washed over him. "What if... what if he is born like me? What if he hurts himself, or someone else?"

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

The next few moments were entirely mesmerizing as her dear sweet Phoenix lifted her from the chair with a lingering kiss that spoke more than words ever could. Her hand rose, trailing up against his cheek in an almost timid fashion. It had taken a lot for this particular Vi'dreya to let go of everything and allow herself to live, to love, to truly feel.

Her fingers played with strands of his hair once their lips parted, a tender smile settling upon hers.

"Forever" she whispered, feeling the calming, warm heat he was exuding without pain. Tender, delicate, for them only.

As he settled her down, she nestled up into his arms and listened to him speak of their son. It didn't take long, however, before concern was raised alongside the previous wonderment. But it did not scare Kära. No, quite the contrary.

"So what if he is" she whispered, propping her chin up on his chest to peer up into his eyes. "He has all he needs here, all the guidance he could ever want for. If he is, then we teach him not to fear it. We show him how to control it, to use it for good."

There would be no remake of the Ashborn. If their son happened to be born with the same flames inherent in her beloved then it would never be manipulated, he would never be forced down a dark path.

"I'll never let anything bad happen to him, Phoenix."

Looking down into those big, blue eyes of hers as she rested her chin upon his chest, Thyrian held onto her every word as a source of comfort for his worry. Swiftly and precisely had she put his mind at ease, and he found himself unable to do much else than nod in agreement. "Darkness will always reside in him, as it does in all of us. We must make certain it does not take hold of him." He then lay back and stared up into the ceiling, his arm ever wrapped around Kära.

There was something carved into the wood up in the ceiling, and upon closer inspection he made out a handful of letters in the Valkyri language, spelling 'Thrand' in childish handwriting. A smile found its way to his lips as his fingers gently caressed Kära's hair. "Thurion will help. I know he will." His eyelids grew heavy and his voice frail as fatigue washed over him from the long journey, and he found himself seeking comfort in the arms of his beloved.

"So tired..."

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

She could see and sense his exhaustion. Lay there beside him, Kära too closed her eyes and kept her hand settled within his hair, ever so gently stroking to try and lure him to fully rest.

"Sleep, my love, I'll be here when you wake" she whispered, as she leaned in to kiss his forehead.

Kära herself couldn't sleep though. It was difficult to get comfortable this late into her pregnancy, what with their son wriggling and kicking around, so instead she lay in gentle solitude beside her Phoenix, safe in his embrace, and allowed her mind to wander to all the things their future held.

It only hit her then what had happened since his return, the promise that they'd both just made to one another, the addition of a second ring upon her finger. It felt warm and cold at once, while the other alchemized one she had made years ago was like a phantom, unfelt.

Well, one thing she certainly did feel was relief. He was finally back home with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom