Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Sweet Home (Concord Dawn)

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
The Mandalorian stepped out of the speeder as he pulled into the large homestead of his clan, the vegetation that was growing over it caught his eye. He kinda liked it like this, it looked...natural in a sense. Many of his clan members were already here, getting cozy, and greeting everyone. He had still not gotten used to being the Alor of Clan Shado. When his parents finally passed it onto him, he couldnt help but just do as he was told. Michael looked down at his mechanical hand, flexing it a few times as he remembered the look on their face when he came back all battered and bruised up. It looked like shame. The young man sighed under his helmet, and hopped off the speeder. These people were fine with this movement, but he was still unsure on how to lead people, he had always been solo.

Crunch sounds came from under his boots as he landed, and continued each time he took a step towards the new place he was to call home.That selfish merc mindset was still very fresh in his head. Michael removed his helmet to reveal the short black hair on his head and the tattoos that ran up his neck from his shoulder and side. That had been a painful night with much booze involved. Somewhere out there, the Clans had taken Kashyyk and he knew they were all celebrating a well fought victory. He wondered how the wookies felt about that.

Still, he was now well within sight of the rest of Clan Shado, he was greeted with smiles, and hugs. Some of the men shook his head firmly, and touched his forehead with theirs in respect. Others asked if he was okay with his recent loss of parents, and how was he adjusting to the new position. Of course, he said he was okay, and that he was felt confident in this, all of it lies. Michael didnt know many of these people, hell, he didnt know any of them. But, they all were Shados, proud members of a small little clan. Something about that pride in something small made him smirk.

Yea, we're small, but we're tough as any other Mando on this damn planet.

Jezza had mixed feelings as she watched him step out of the speeder. This man had the power to change her world completely and she was unsure how she felt about it or him. As her cousin and Alor she owed him her utmost respect and loyalty, it was expected of her. Part of her felt fear and a bit of resentment over the fact that this stranger, family member or no had the ability to make decisions that effected her on a grand scale and she would be powerless to do anything about it. As he stopped and spoke, exchanging smiles and hugs with those who rushed to greet him, she hung back a bit. Her parents had spent her entire life training her to run the homestead and to be the ever diplomatic hostess putting the care and needs of their guests first and foremost. She would not let them down now, taking a moment to put her fears firmly away, Jezza smiled brightly and stepped forward to greet him. "Welcome Cousin" she said jovially "I hope you traveled well!!" Her smile dimmed as she continued, "It saddened us much to hear of the loss of your parents. You have my deepest condolences!!! I know all too well, how difficult such a loss is...." As she finished speaking, their eyes met for a moment and any fears she had left, subsided. This young man, only slightly older than her, had not come to turn her life on end, he had come to find solace and refuge with family while recovering from his loss. As Jezza felt the first spark of loyalty to her cousin begin, she spoke again "What would you like to see first?"

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Jezza Shado"] was finally the last one to greet him, and being introduced as a cousin, Michael nearly spit whatever nonexistent drink he had in his mouth all over the place. Cousin? Who's side? Couldn't have been his father's side now, they were all back in the One Sith most likely now since the Galactic Empire fell, so what the hell was this? Maybe she had meant cousin in a more hypothetical sense...they were after all Mandalorians. Michael tired to smile back at her, thanking her caring so much, and truth be told, he felt she really meant it. The other members of the clan were all just happy to be back in the Clans again rather than rot away with Death Watch, and the ever decreasing Bloodguard elites.

The man rubbed at his beard after being asked what he wanted to see first, not sure what there was to see. Michael had only heard of Ka'ra Keldab, and he had to be honest, the stories didn't do this place justice. It was magnificent, and huge. Clan Shado's proud construction. How could he ever top this? When he realized he was too silent, and being way too awkward, he looked back into her eyes as she studied his. Could he put his trust in her, she was a alor'ad after all, she was vod. Michael took in a deep breath.

"Show me what you like most about this place first...I've actually never been here before. Kinda was off doing my own thing while the 'rents were...ya know..."

Jezza grinned at his response, "Follow me, and I will show you. After that I will get arrange a guide to give you the grand tour of the homestead. I do highly recommend exploring the grounds and surrounding areas any opportunity you have." Taking his hand, her excitement almost palpable as she let her usual rigid composure slip at the thought of showing off her favorite place. Her pace hastened as she guided him through the compound and past the buildings into the jungle. If Michael was having trying keeping up, Jezza paid no attention to it. Her complete focus was on getting to their destination, it had been such a long time since she had time to go to her spot. Responsibility and duty had kept her too busy for frivolous adventures even to her most sacred of places. Her pace continued to be such that in no time they found themselves through the trees and in a small clearing. At the other edge of the clearing was a medium sized body of water with a small waterfall flowing into it. A small series of rocks formed a bench near the water, with the perfect view of the waterfall. Jezza sat down motioning Michael to sit with her, "This is my special place. The hard work, dedication, and love that went into creating this for the Clans to enjoy has always amazed me." She could feel his eyes on her as she she quietly sat and enjoyed the beauty surrounding her.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Jezza Shado"] pulled him along with the excitement relate able to that of a child, but Michael finally understood why when they finally reached the location. The waterfall was peaceful in the sense that it could ease one's soul after battle, and the water looked clear enough to bathe in. As his eyes fell from the waterfall to her, he rubbed his beard again, his finger gently touching the scar that was on his cheek. This made him look away for a moment, then back again.

"I'm not going to lie, Jezza....I have been away from our people for a very long time...I'm not sure this is something my parents should have decided.."

Jezza heard the doubt and sincerity in his words, she looked at him and spoke confidently, " Your parents put their faith and trust in you to bring our people back together. They were great leaders and our people trust their decision to be a wise one. It has brought hope to many. You are going to make mistakes and have failures along the way, but you will learn from them and lead our people with the best of your abilities and you will not be alone. When you came here I was scared and resentful, this has been my home since I was a girl and I have done my best to live up to my parents wishes since their deaths. You have the power to change things, for the better and for the worse. Overall, I love my home and caring for the homestead, but I have also learned things here that I have never been away from this place to use. I have spent my life playing hostess to the Mandalorian Clans and they have taken time training me to be able to handle myself in battle of all kinds. What good is that knowledge if one never has the opportunity to use it? You have had adventures and opportunities and they will help you do great things for our people, and so will I." As she finished speaking, she squeezed his hand gently and turned back to gazing at the water in front of them.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Jezza Shado"]

He nodded at her words, his eyes seeming a little distant, but clearly listening to what she had to say. Finally Michael sucked in breath, and turned to look at something else after she squeezed his hand.

"You said you have lived here all your life...and this is my first time setting foot on this ground....you also said cousin..?"

Taking a deep breath, she chose to answer honestly, frankly and with utmost trust "I am Shado by love and the choice of two good Mandalorians who took in an orphan. I have no recollection of any other life than this one, nor do I have any interest in one. I have lived on this homestead for longer than my memory recalls, it is my home and these are my people. My parents taught me to greet each member of the Mandalorian Clans as family, the Shado Clan above all. Every Shado is welcomed as cousin on their first visit." As she finished speaking, she focused on the calm beauty of the water. She realized she was still holding his hand and while she did not let go, she did loosen her grip. He had trusted her with his fears and she had now shown him the same respect, it was now his decision as to what he chose to do with the information.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Jezza Shado"]
How foolish could he have been to asked such a thing, but it made him feel better, it let him know there was nothing he had neglected from his parents. Still, he had forgotten what made a Mandalorian, with this he looked up, and smiled. Michael would remember again, what it meant to be aliit, to be Mando'ade again.

"Mando'ad draar digu. Aliit ori'shya tal'din."

At least he still remembered how to speak his people's language.

Jezza smiled to hear him speak the words that she had been taught to hold as her highest creed... Never forget, family is more than blood.
Realizing much time had past and responsibilities to attend, Jezza stood "Come Alor, there is much more to do before we can have you properly settled in for the night." Taking him by the handle she led him back to the homestead at a much calmer pace than they had left it

Cerasi leaned in the doorway of the house she had made for herself on Concord Dawn, watching things unfold. Things were moving slowly. Good. She stared down at the ground. She didn't know why she was feeling so angry, so jealous of Jezza. Aliit ori'shya tal'din. This woman was a cousin, a vod. She was family. So why did Cerasi feel this anger bubble up seeing her with her brother? She shouldn't be. She was supposed to be loyal towards her clan, her family, but when Jezza took Michael's hand, Cerasi felt herself tense up. No. Her mind screamed at them. Stop. He's mine.

[member="Michael Shado"]
[member="Jezza Shado"]

As they made their way back to Ka'ra Keldab, Jezza's curiosity grew and finally became strong enough to outweigh her training. Turning her head towards him, "Michael, you mentioned earlier that you have been away from our people for quite a long time. May I ask why?" Jezza was mildly amused by the realization that curiosity or no, her training in diplomacy forced her to ask the question in such a way that permitted Michael the option to answer or not without worry. Never missing a step, she adeptly guided the way, quietly awaiting his response.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Cerasi Kent"] [member="Jezza Shado"]

As Jezza continued to lead him back into the main part of the homestead, he noticed someone watching them from afar, a woman it looked. Who could it have been? Michael's mind instantly went back to Jezza as she asked why he had been away.

"I was a freelance merc, living paycheck to paycheck, job by job...it wasnt till I lost my arm that I had to come back...I nearly forgot who I was during my time away."

The movement had caught Jezza's attention as well, while Michael dismissed it Jezza could not. Jezza recognized the young dalyc immediately and began leading Michael toward her. As Cerasi had kept to herself during much of this visit, Jezza was probably one of only a select few who remembered that Michael's younger sister was here. Jezza had much to do back at Ka'ra Keldab, as the hostess in her had been trained to do, she had been mulling over the best ways to keep Michael entertained while she completed her duties. The opportunity for a family reunion was too perfect, Jezza could only assume that the siblings had not seen each other in a while and would enjoy catching up. As they drew closer, Jezza noted the brief look of surprise fleet across Cerasi's face, Jezza smiled as she assumed that the look was due to Cerasi's recognition of her brother. It occurred to Jezza at the very last moment that she had no idea when the last time Michael had seen his sister was, he had been away from his family and people for a very long time. She glanced quickly at Michael, holding her breath ever so slightly, this was either one of the best ideas she had ever had or potentially the worst. Either way, too late to change things now, Jezza quietly waited for one of them to speak.

Cerasi straightened up a little when she realized that they were heading towards her. She stepped out of the doorway to greet them. Finally, after years of being apart, her brother had come back. Excitement filled her gaze as she watched them approach, but that look faltered. Michael had a mechanical arm, and a look in his eyes that said he didn't recognize her anymore. Sure, she looked different. Things had changed since they were kids. Her hair had gotten longer, she had added in the coloured streaks. But her green eyes still had that look in them. Surely he'd recognize her.

"Olarom, alor, alor'ad."

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado

This person before him seemed familiar, yet he couldn't quite place why she looked so nostalgic. It seemed like Jezza knew who she was, but this just made Michael more confused.

"Vor entye. And who might you bet?"

Cerasi stared at Michael, blinked. He really didn't remember her. Had he really been away for that long that he didn't even remember his own little sister? "Alor, gai Cerasi Kent." Her voice caught in her throat as she continued in the only language she cared to speak. "I am your vod'ika."

Jezza could have kicked herself, it never occurred to her that Michael might not remember Cerasi. The young dalyc was clearly upset that her brother did not immediately recognize her. Speaking softly, "Michael, I know you have been gone a long time. I also know Cerasi has changed over the years, but how is it you do not remember her."

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado

For a moment, everything was a blur, their voices were distorted murmurs, but he came back to with a major headache. Gently, he placed his hand on his head, and squinted. Michael should know her, something in his mind told him this was important but why? His eyes gave confusion, and an amnesia look. Maybe something more had happen other than the loss of his arm.

"I...I know you...but I can't...remember..."

Cerasi's breathing hitched and she dug her teeth into her tongue to keep from crying. He really didn't remember her. She glanced at Jezza, feeling a stab of sympathy. She knew the alor'ad had the right heart to try, but this was only making it more painful. Cerasi cleared her throat, her eyes moving to stare at the ground. She couldn't meet her brother's gaze if it held nothing but unfamiliarity and amnesia. It was like he had died, like people were at her door delivering the bad news.

"I came from a different aliit. Aliit Kent. When I was an adiik," she began, hoping that her Mando'a explanation would kick-start something. Anything. "My yaim was jurkad, naastar." Her home was attacked and destroyed. "Ne eyaytir." I escaped. "The Alor of Aliit Shado took me in, made me their own ad'ika."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom