Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Hollow Victory | Dominion of Shinbone

7th post
Bwqu4hK.png

AN AGE OF STRIFE PRELUDE
AhDBf3g.png

SHIELD_ALPHA
dgiT5bZ.jpg

Lord-Regent of the Galactic Empire
Grand-Triumvir of the Tarkinist Administration

XONmsDn.png

Tags: Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde Braxton Holst Braxton Holst Ghalric Rau
Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

Wwf3j6y.png

Wwf3j6y.png

A NIGHT OFF, BUT NOT FROM MAN'S AMBITIONS - PART 7
cHp5r1J.jpg
The Mythosaur's Den, Market District,
Midtown, Kestri (Early-877 ABY)

'I do.'

Sliding her vocational Datapad across the table so it careened within range of the Woad's right hand, the gesture that business matters were open for commissions pleased Lord Erskine immensely, as the news would likely trickle back to Kranak in particular, especially in seeing the scale of the Lord-Regent's financial investment. Barran had known he would be spending a handsome sum of credits for the best possible quality of cybernetic-engineering, as there was more than just the Imperial leader's arm being considered in this aspect, especially in consideration of the wounded soldiers who still wanted to fight; and in some cases, after losing limbs or the likes to the Maw, more determined to fight than ever before.

'You won't be disappointed.'

An' neither will you, lass.

First, a down-payment on the left-arm project, tier-3 funding, more than enough for all the best materials and the likes with a little extra as a pot-sweetener. Second, another down-payment, tier-5 funding to set up her own wing at any Imperial Military-Hospital of Alora's choice, with more still to account for assistant-staffers and a materials-stimulus to keep the operation running at optimal capacity. Third, and the most important down-payment of all, tier-3 funding once more, though that was to be forwarded directly to Kranak instead. Sliding the datapad back upon completion of the attached notes for both Alora and Kranak alike.

[[To Alora:
The third transfer is to be forwarded to Kranak post-haste, note attached, and for his eyes only, should clear up the rationale-confusion.
]]

An' just like that, I've spent all the money I want to spend tonight.

Job done.

[[To Kranak:
For your work on Dromund Kaas, I should have gotten this to you much sooner, though my thoughts were wrapped up in war at the time. I require your help on a delicate matter regarding Clan Krayt, as it would appear I have some apologising to do, and as far as my favoured clan are concerned, I wish for nothing but reconciliation.

Their heroic stock will only hear the voices of other heroes from their Mandalorian caste. So I'll leave this request and down-payment with you, regardless of whether you accept or not.
]]

As the old Woad leaned back in his seat, letting the young Mandalorian's good manners take precedence over the payment itself, Lord Erskine continued to listen intently to Alora, smirking as he waited for the reality of her increased affluence to kick in. Though it wouldn't be much in the grand-scale of the Galaxy's constantly moving currencies, Barran knew for a fact it would be life-changing enough to offer long-term comfort in whatever Vizsla endeavoured in the future, such that would keep her from falling into destitution for years after that night. Though unbeknownst all but Lord Erskine, he had every intention of improving the entire clan's quality of life before long, much like he had with clan Krayt at the time also. With the power-two in good working relations with the Empire, as they had been before as part of the 501st's very own 16th Armoured Company, Barran knew the Empire's own Mandalorians would feel much safer under the Triumvirate's sphere of influence as a result.

'He's alive and still just as much of a warrior as ever. Kranak helps keep the Clan functioning out here in Wild Space. Gathering everyone after Mandalore isn't always easy. Sometimes you have to convince people when the line of succession becomes opaque, but he'll manage.'

But then, as he was waiting for Vizsla to notice, curiosity began to take over in Barran's mind, as the conversational detail on Kranak in particular would always naturally pique his interest. There was limited intel and archival material on the deeds and achievements on the warrior in question, both a blessing and a curse at the same time, as there was always a good record of service for most relevant sorts kept firmly in his memory; a habit of which had carried on since before serving as an officer in the Galidraani Free-State, though no doubt a habit that had been at it's strongest since his promotion to Lord-General of the Imperial Armed-Forces, had failed him - though just enough that Lord Erskine's interest in Alora's rundown would be nothing short of sincere.

'When did you two meet? A warrior like that gets around.'

Chuckling at the fact he should've been prepared for such a question, especially in remembering it was he, himself who brought up the great warrior first, Lord Erskine warmly responded,'Yeah, you're right about that anyways.... But here's the thing, Alora. I can't quite remember if it was briefly in person on Csaus, or if it was on the BattleNet comm-link on Dromund Kaas. Either way, we have certainly worked towards a common-goal together in the past, an' more than once at that.', briefly taking on a solemn demeanour in silent acknowledgement of the severity of both battles. Neither could have been easy for Kranak on the frontlines, though no great endeavour was ever easy to prevail over, and in this matter at least, both men could easily relate.

'And in light of that, I think Kranak should meet with a fitting reward, as we both know the wars of the Galaxy haven't been the kindest to 'im over the years.... One o' the rare few to deserve better than that, wouldn't you say?'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom