Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private History Lessons

He continued reading, glancing over one of the pages, his mind focusing on the words intently, while not focusing his eyes too hard. There was... The words and intentions jumped around a bit, and he breathed, forcing them back, though her words made him glance back at her. Brutal lessons. His least favorite, though she seemed... exceptionally serious. He took a breath, as he went back to the book. Glancing through it.

"No, ma'am. Not quite yet. I was simply sating curiosity, is all. Besides, I've only gotten through two books, so far, and I want to try and get through at least one more before that kind of lesson." He lightly strokes the scar on his face. "I always used to think that master was the only one of her kind. I didn't think that another would be a governer, however."

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

sith-red.png

"I would advice you take the time to learn more about your Master and our species, especially considering her intentions going forward. You'll be in for quite the awakening once you do." Adeline was, after all, repairing the Sangnir's homeworld. There were going to be far more of their kind in the coming months, and many of which who wouldn't remain in the shadows as they had for centuries.

"But why wouldn't I be a governor? What about me suggests that?"

Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade

Her words sent a shiver down his spine; Adeline's intentions going forward? What in the world did that mean? His eyes rose slowly from the book, as he looked at her. The fear that would normally have taken hold of him slowly changing to a near demand for information. He gazed at her for a few seconds as the cogs in his mind began to turn. If he could learn about them... he wondered if his master would tell him, if he asked...

"Forgive me," he replied. "I misspoke. I didn't mean you specifically. I more meant someone like master. I didn't expect..." What exactly WAS he saying? "I didn't expect there to be another like my master. She's the first I'd ever met like herself. Meeting another like her is surprising." He closed the book in his hands. "Her intentions...? Do you mind if I ask you about your species? Or is there a tome on such a thing? Admittedly I'd prefer learning such a thing from a primary source..."

sith-red.png

"Then you should ask your master to tell you about the Sangnir. I will tell you they are older than the Sith, and are certainly not in any tome I might have. But your master is the one to decide what you are allowed to know, and what you are not, about her. I don't mind helping you learn a couple things to be of more use to her, but I won't be overstepping any boundaries she might have put in front of you."

That, she refused to do. Adeline was too important to betray like that.

He bowed his head to her words, nodding. It made sense, and such things he should really learn from his master. "Of course, Lady Tremiru. That's very fair. I only apologize for even asking such a thing of you, and putting you in such a position." He sat down at a nearby table, opening the book on history and began reading. "I can certainly understand why you'd not want to do so." Raphael wasn't fully sith, and she, of course, understood that.

Still, he could understand loyalty to friends. That seemed to be one of the most universal things between all peoples. Those that were friends, or family, those were the ones that people placed their loyalty with and it was something to not break. Still, at the very least he could learn things, for his master's sake.

"Though, if there are things you believe I should know, to be of better use to my master, then I am more than happy to learn them. She gave me purpose where I had none."

sith-red.png

"Fail her, and it's not death you'll experience. At least not swiftly. You are her food, just as much as you could be mine." That was a good thing for Raphael to know, if she was being honest. It was one thing to be a tool that could easily be discarded. Another when the reality was he was little more than cattle that could be devoured at a moments notice. The emotion there would be helpful, though she wouldn't explain that much.

It'd defeat the purpose of him using that fear and hate as a weapon if she explained it to him.

"So simply don't fail her. No matter the cost."

Her food. Yes, he knew that much. Were he to truly fail, his master would eat him, piece by piece, and he would die by her hand. Yet, it was this very fear that sharpened his senses and honed his mind. That fear was the very thing that was driving hatred which, in turn, led him to train himself as hard as he could. The drive and demand to better and stronger, to control his emotions and become calm without and yet be the storm within.

His steel eyes looked to hers with a nod, the anger contained from beatings and harm inflicted by Adeline smoldering below the surface. There was a bit of a silence, uncomfortable for Raphael, perhaps, but it wouldn't matter, really. She was in control here.

"I understand, emphatically, Lady Tremiru. I will speak with my master about this further." He bowed at the waist, keeping imself only slightly rigid from fear, though he kept even that in check. He paused a moment. "If I may ask a truly personal question: is there a book int his library that you favor over any other? Mm... Perhaps I'm being a bit too lax in my manners." His hand brushed over one of the books resting on the table. "I'm just a little overwhelmed, I suppose. I wasn't expecting to be able to come here so soon."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom