Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private History Lessons

From the planet of Rapture the shuttle went, and on it was Raphael, once a jedi, now an apprentice to Darth Keres... As he stared at the book in his hands he thought back on how she, on how his master had described this. This was to be a rare treat. He was her apprentice and, as such, he needed to learn about the history of the sith empire. For that reason, he was being allowed a bit of time to visit Dromund Kaas, the original capital of the Sith Empire.

He still didn't know how to feel about this. He'd been a thrall before and had survived just fine. This time, though he was more than just a thrall, now he was an apprentice to a sith lord. Worst part was he'd never become a padawan when he was in the Jedi, so he didn't know, at all, what to expect. Personal and individual training was all that he knew about. The worst part about it was that he felt like he should've been more worried, more concerned... perhaps even more angry or scared. But as the shuttle carried him to this planet he couldn't help but feel excited, and guilty about being excited. Yet he loved to learn.

The door to the travel compartment opened and he jumped, looking up as it did. The guard stepped inside, and glanced at him for a moment, before giving a bit of a salute. "We're about to come out of hyperspace, and we'll be landing on Dromund Kaas, sir." It took a second for him, the guard staring at him, no doubt awaiting some kind of confirmation. "...sir? Is everything alright?" Raphael stared at the man for a second or two longer. Did... this guy not know? Did...

Raphael sighed as he finally settled back into the chair, and picked the book back up, nodding and trying to look nonplussed. "Sir?" The guard asked again, and he could feel his teeth grit.

"I heard you the first time. I don't need constant updates." He growled. The trooper stood there for a few more seconds. "I'm sorry, did I stutter?! Get OUT!!" This caused the rooper to jump suddenly, bow and quickly left the room, door closing behid him. Raphael took a breath as the guard left. He was trying to keep himself reigned in, while Ad-- while his master wasn't around, but it was becoming harder and harder.

He felt a lurch as the ship finally touched down at the Starport and he sighed. While he wasn't sure, entirely, how he was supposed to learn about this place. The door opened again and the same guard stood before him. "I'm alright," Raphael replied with thinly veiled annoyance. "I don't need you to tell me." The man bowed his head and moved aside as Raphael continued moving and walked down the ramp, sighing. The planet... He wasn't sure he liked it, but the architecture, currently was impressive. Still... who on this planet was he going to learn of the history from? Or was he to go to the library?

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

sith-red.png

"You're quite aggressive, aren't you?"

Alina spoke up from where she stood at the base of the ramp, smiling ever so softly as she watched the man descend. Not someone she knew personally, but as a dear friend of Adeline, she very much knew of her apprentices. Such as this one. She kept her arms folded over her chest, head tilted. Studying and watching him very much like the predator she was.

"Did you learn that from your master?"

Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade

He turned his head to the voice, and found it odd that it hadn't startled him that someone was waiting for him. There was a marked difference in the way that he carried himself and behaved, from before. Usually he would've jumped, especially at the presence, but now... Well, to say that he was getting used to feeling dark siders around him was a bit of an understatement. He was getting used to being on dark side planets, themselves.

Returning the woman's gaze, he saw her red eyes, those same studying eyes, like his master's. He turned to her, giving her his full attention. He could tell, without feeling her in the Force, that she was dangerous, as dangerous as Adeline.

"She has been...teaching me to utilize my emotions to fuel my abilities in the Force. It is... difficult to maintain control, while still keeping the storm. I am still working on that." *he placed a hand over his chest and bowed lightly, an odd feeling that was the correct form of etiquette, in this case. "I'm Raphael Gallustrade, apprentice to Darth Keres, though, from the sound of things, you are already acquainted."

sith-red.png

"It is quite the balancing act. Just be mindful you don't let it run rampant when you find yourself somewhere you don't know." A thinly veiled threat. Alina would not tolerate someone who went off on her own servants while they were here on her world. Still, she smiled none the less, motioned for Raphael to accompany her further into the estate. The library would no doubt be his destination, from what Adeline had told her.

"Adeline and I are.. Quite close. You'd do well not to disappoint her."

He nods his head to her, slowly and smiles. "No, of course. I would be quite the unappreciative guest, were I to offend and/or inconvenience such a gracious host as you've been, madam." He followed along behind her, heading up towards the manor that they'd landed near, maintaining his neutral expression. There were so many questions that he had, but he also wanted to make sure that he didn't offend this woman. She was sangnir, much like Adeline, that was very clear, and given how she carried herself... He didn't know much about the sangnir, in all fairness, beyond that they could thrall others, nor did he want to know, at the moment.

With a serious gaze, he turned to her. "I will nod disappoint her. Whatever she has to teach, I will learn and whatever she has to give, I shall take. Hence, in part, why I am here." He allowed a thin smile to creep over his face. He was sincere in his desire to learn, at the very least and seemed just as eager to get to the library, though he did his best to remain as reserved as normal.

He nodded, falling once more in line behind her, and heading towards the library. Plenty of tomes to read over? The small crept once more over his face, albeit he kept it small and his wonderment at being able to visit a library again. It had been quite a while since he'd been able to go digging through books. There were so many questions he had, and things that he was pondering, but he'd save them for later.

"Well, I was sent here mainly to learn of the history of the Sith. Though if any other books or such would have information interesting enough to peruse, I wouldn't mind." He tilted his head, keeping the neutral eyes and polite smile, as they finally neared the library. "Are there any subjects that you feel are worthy of study?"

There was much to be careful of, with a venture like this. He was being the dutiful apprentice, listening and planning, though he didn't know what his own endgoal was yet. He'd wanted to escape, but when he'd had that first chance, the ability to knock out the guards and then get the kriff out... He hadn't. He'd simply gone back and waited for the shuttle to take him to where he was, as he needed to. Perhaps he'd find another time, but a large part of him didn't want to. And that scared him more than anything.

sith-red.png

"Everything and anything, truly. It depends mostly on where your skills lie the most. History is always a good subject, though." It was through history that the Sith learned from their dead ancestors. That, and tombs. Tomb diving was probably the best way. Sith did like to hoard their secrets to the grave to ensure only the worthy in their eyes took hold of the information. "What are your skills, Raphael? What is it that Adeline has seen within you to decide to take you on?"

It was as much a direct question as it was Alina wondering aloud. She knew Adeline's other acolytes, but to think that this one would also be taken on had her all sorts of curious as to why.

Anything...? Anything based on his skills... He nodded to her, in greatful appreciation, before he began to head into the library, concentrating on history first. It would be the most important thing to try and understand, where he to know what he was looking at; it was what he'd started with in the archives at the Temple on Coruscant. His mind wandered for a moment, as they entered the library. The hope that everyone was doing alright, warring with the thought of them having abandoned him to this fate. He'd have opportunities, but for now he had a greater one...

What were his skills? That was a good question and it would be different depending on how she meant. In the Force, for instance, and he didn't have much. His biggest boon, in that respect, was his hunger for knowledge, well really it was a love of learning, but he didn't know how Adeline would've viewed such an answer. Probably as weakness, so he'd kept it to himself. Not like it mattered.

"That's a good question..." he muttered as he glanced over some of the tomes, grabbing a fairly older looking one, pulling it out and glancing over the first two pages before looking back to her. "My personal skills are invention of weaponry, tactics, cooking... When it comes to the Force... I'm a fair head with precognition and decent with telekinesis and empowerment." He grit his teeth lightly as the tome shut slowly and he put it back. "She was my master first, before she was ever a sith." Then he closed his eyes and took a breath. "I'm fairly certain that you're aware of what way that I'm talking about." He looked to her with a polite smile and picked out another book, before turning the first page and began to slowly thumb through it, stopping at a page for a few moments.

sith-red.png

"Few remember who the Jackal was once. It'd be wise to avoid mentioning it, yes."

Not that he had been the one to mention it. She raised a hand, idly tugging on a couple tomes from the higher shelves through the Force, just enough to get them to float gently down around her in an almost ring circling her form. Alina plucked one, letting the others continue their path as she flipped through the pages. Then reset it in the float as she again plucked another. Just went through them while practicing her own telekinesis. It needed to become second nature if she was going to get strong.

"These might do. Theories on the Sith and how to utilize the force more efficiently. How to focus your emotions without letting them overcome you." She handed over the tome in particular with a faint smile.

"Just be wary while you read it. Even a book is dangerous from the Sith."

He nodded to, what sounded like, a warning or, at best, a friendly suggestion. He didn't plan on mentioning who Darth Keres had once been, nor did it really matter. The discerning would know and he knew that there were some who could figure it out without much prompting. He watched, smiling a bit to himself, as she pulled several books from the shelves; there was something peculiarly otherworldly about those that had been sangnir. Movements and smiles were otherworldly...almost as if they were too perfect, doll-like, was a good way to describe it.

He glanced at the books that she had picked, as they orbited her for a moment. Taking the first book, he glanced at the title, smirking a bit as she gave it to him. Focusing emotions without letting them overcome you. What a fascinating thought. there was something jedi-like to how the sith were doing, though they focused on channeling their emotions, instead of controlling them. He glanced at her as she said to be wary about the books, but he took them, slowly, and glanced at the books.

"Even a book is dangerous from the sith, eh?" He glanced at the first book and then he opened the book and began to read the first page. An introduction...? He slowly began to read through it. The words were... He frowned a bit and lightly closed the book, before taking the others from her. "I appreciate your aid in finding material, as well as opening your manor to me. It's been quite an honor getting to meet you, as well. These all seem like a rare treat, even knowing my master, as well as you do. If I may ask, did you agree to this out of friendship to her or was it because you were curious as to why someone like me would be taken on?"

sith-red.png

"Of course. Read carefully, less the words within drive you to madness." That was the most common trap within Sith literature. Words, symbols, that would invoke wild thoughts and illusions if read. The kind that could burn into the untrained, unprotected mind for all life. Part of her was curious just how untrained he might be, what sort of misery would await him. She smiled, though, at his question. The kind where her fangs were very visibly bared. Threatening.

"Both. Adeline is important to me. I will suffer no threat to her. Especially from her very students."

Raphael slowly turned the page of the first book, his reading deliberate, and not quick. It was for understanding that he was reading, but not going so fast as to potentially fall into such a trap as she warned of. The most powerful piece of training that he'd remembered was holding on to his own mind. In this case, that had been training that the Jedi Order had demanded was necessary, considering what had happened with Adeline the first time. What they hadn't counted on, what they hadn't realized was how broken he'd been. He pondered, for a few moments, if they'd even had any of their healers or mentalists probe his mind, to make sure that nothing else or deeper was wrong with him.

Not that it mattered now. Now he was in the clutches of what he would've considered the enemy.

The book wasn't anything huge, wasn't opening his mind to any kind of real revelations. Though... now and then the words did try to jump out at him and he had would stop now and then, blinking once, dispelling it and focusing his mind. Then, as she spoke once more, he looked to her. The fangs were just like Adeline, but he knew that much. She was Sangnir, just as his master was.

"Mm." He nodded to her with a thin smile. "I understand, and I appreciate your concern for your friend, and my master." There were so many things he could say. "Believe me, when I say, that I..." He paused a moment, glancing down at the book, right hand tightening just a bit. "I appreciate her taking me on to teach me..." His eyes went back to the book for another minute or two, he blinked for a second. "I'd rather not be a threat to her, however. It is not my intention to be."

sith-red.png

"Your weakness and incompetence is a threat, if you have as much. Your inadequacies will always reflect on your master." The same could be said for any Sith. All the more reason to make sure Raphael didn't bring trouble to Adeline. She found a spot to sit, idly perusing one of the other tomes she'd grabbed just to keep her own eyes busy as she read through it. There was so much she needed a refresher on.

"So be strong. Whatever hesitations you have, get rid of them. You're only going to make a problem for her or I'll kill you before."

Weakness. It was a fascinating word. He'd seen it a few times while flipping through this book. Each page of the turn he was being more careful, keeping his thoughts focused on the content. Each pause he recentered himself, focused his mind as he'd once been taught, before refocusing. He had to at least learn, he had to assist, he needed to feign loyalty and willingness, at the very least. but... that was the danger, wasn't it, that as he learned that he might not want to go back.

He'd have to hold tight to his personal beliefs, even as he was learning of this, learning how to... He flipped through the book again, another page. It described focusing one's fear and changing it into the determination to live, no matter the cost. The focus it described and concentration demanded... It almost felt...surreal. Yet it was well within his abilities. Take the Force and use it to transform those emotions into that strength. One could easily use it to heighten their abilities to a frightening degree, but, as always, came at a cost.

Looking to her, he gave a rather steely gaze. "That's why I train and wish to learn. So that I can rid myself of any weakness or incompetence. I study tactics so that I can make sure I can command well, I have come to read up on such things here so that I can know where the sith came from, to get a better understanding of the future. It's why I practicing as much as I can on saber forms and the Force so that I can destroy anyone that might threaten my master." He continued reading as he spoke. It wouldn't take much. He needed to be what his master wanted.

sith-red.png

"Aren't you such a good boy."

Alina chuckled, glancing up from her book to watch him, then looked back to her own. She was here to watch him. Check and see just how much he might be a problem first hand. But she wasn't going to hold his hand through it all.

"If you need a lesson, let me know."

Raphael studied, his eyes skimming over page after page, then he would stop, blink once or twice, and then he went back to it. There was so much information, but he didn't want to absorb it all. That would be far too much and would quite easily overwhelm him. He took a breath as he closed the book. He'd already learned the important information from the book: one could use their emotions to empower themselves in ways that Raphael hadn't considered was possible. There were weaknesses, however, as with all power.

She was studying him as he read. Studying hiim, perhaps? It was difficult to tell, but given how she felt about Adeline, it was quite possible. Find the weakness in any apprentice and kill them before that became a problem, or beat the weakness out of them. He briefly wondered if Adeline had sent him to Lady Alina for the express purpose of being watched and studied. He'd taken well enough to the fiirst part of her lessons. He well could he hold to them was as much a test as anything else.

If he wanted a lesson, huh? Cute. He pondered how many tests his master had for him. Part of him, momentarily, wondered if anyone was coming for him; if, like Adelin had said, he had been abandoned and was alone.

"Mm..." He glanced over to her. "Perhaps a question to start off with: Obviously it's possible to use your own emotions to strengthen yourself, improve your odds at survival and the like. Is it possible to do so with the emotions of others? Should somone hate you or be afraid of you, for instance, and you use that as a fuel for yourself?"

sith-red.png

"Oh, you most certainly can. But do you want to? Truly? Can you, for certain, say you have the ability to use and control your own emotions? They are wild and often untamed in the young Sith. Just imagine having to keep yourself contained while also juggling the emotions that are not your own."

She hummed for a moment, glancing him over again before looking down towards the book in her hand.

"I would avoid making so many plates to juggle until you've mastered yourself."

"Of course," came his fairly quick reply. "Control before all else. Why add on more fires, if you can't even keep your own from raging out of control." There were a million other things that he could learn, but care was needed as he moved forwards. With a slight shift the book closed and he sat it aside for the moment, turning to history. He was slowly reading. Each page was...well it was a fascinating to learn some of what he was. History wasn't black and white, however and he was taking what he read with a grain of salt.

He chuckles, slightly. "What kind of lesson would you give, if I asked, ma'am?" He grinned as he stared into the book in his hands. As good a way to understand another, if there ever was one.

sith-red.png

"The brutal kind, I imagine."

She had been given permission from Adeline to beat the woman's Acolytes if she wanted to. A lesson in strength, in humility, pain. There were a dozen and a half that crossed her mind, but she wasn't in any particular mood to throw hands just yet.

Just yet.

"Are you bored reading?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom