Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private High Tea

Growing up at the Ascania estate, Cora had only ever known swaths of farmland, rolling hills and the distant shadows of mountains. While Axilla—the capital of her homeworld of Ukatis—was rapidly modernizing, she'd only made a handful of trips to the bustling city in her short lifetime.

Fifteen years ago, Ukatis threw the yoke of isolationism off in the form of a bloody rebellion. King Throaen had been deposed, and the monarchy swiftly passed to House Cholmondeley. Trade routes reopened, replenishing food staples that the planet could not produce itself. A few short months ago, Ukatis joined the Galactic Alliance in hopes that the superpower would provide a measure of stability and support.

Her arraigned engagement to Prince Cholmondeley had come as a surprise, but Cora bore her unpleasant duty with all of the dignity and grace she could muster.

Seated primly in the flying taxi, Cora gazed from the window with fascination at the burgeoning city below. Everything inside the transparisteel dome seemed so safe and prosperous, a far cry from the noxious jungle she'd seen from the shuttles viewport upon approaching New Cov. Since she'd joined the New Jedi Order, Cora had been exposed to different environments—arid deserts, endless oceans, endless cityscapes and more. Never had she seen people fight a planet's very environment for survival, but Ilic seemed to be positively thriving.

Dressed in a modern take on a Ukatian traditional gown, Cora hoped to make a good impression. The bio-molecular domes of New Cov were of interest to her people, largely due to their applications for controlling Ukatis' difficult farmland. The climate there was often unpredictable and unforgiving, and famine had occasionally hung over her people's head like the blade of a guillotine.

As the daughter of Viscount Ascania—and, more unnervingly, the future princess of Ukatis—Cora had sought out one Liin Terallo, representative of the New Cov Biomolecule Company. Miss Terallo has been gracious enough to offer Cora an invitation to her home, to which the teenager had accepted readily.

I do hope that this meeting will go well.

Cora glanced down to the canister of tea she'd sat in her lap, hands cradling the container on either side. Inside was a premium blend of herbs and tea leaves grown on her family's land, a luxury crop, but one that somehow grew in spades where staples like wheat and vegetables could not.

"We'll be arriving soon, Miss Ascania."

The taxi's driver's voice startled Cora from her wandering thoughts, pulling the blonde back to reality.

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

german-film-actress-brigitte-helm-in-an-evening-dress-complete-with-feather-boa.jpg

Ilic is indeed thriving. And it has done so for centuries! I have spent nearly my entire life in this domed city, only to leave it's safety more recently these days in order to complete my tasks for the Board of Directors. Each completion brings me another step closer towards becoming a Junior member of the Board of Directors. Such a moment will be a dream come true!

Right now my latest task requires me to stay home. A young guest is on her way, representing a world with interests in New Cov's primary resource; biomolecules. It is what draws most people here, for it is the only thing that makes the planet unique in the Galaxy. I only hope that the interest from many different parties will keep it safe from attack. It is well known that some planets have been utterly destroyed in recent wars to the point of no longer existing. It is my hope that during my lifetime, New Cov will not be posed with such danger.

I observe from the window in the drawing room as my guest's transport arrives. My staff are on hand for her, guiding her through the apartment building and up to the floor containing my drawing room. I await with almost eager anticipation for her arrival to be announced.

Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Upon arriving at the luxurious apartment building, Cora was welcomed by Miss Terallo's well-mannered staff.

"Welcome, Lady Ascania. I do hope that your journey to Ilic was pleasant?"

An older man attired in a sharp morning suit addressed the young woman with a bow, to which she returned with a courtly dip of her head.

"Thank you, Sir. I had no trouble on my way through your lovely city."

The man rose and adjusted his waistcoat. "Very good. Miss Terallo is waiting for you in the drawing room. Please, follow me."

After guiding their guest through the halls, he came to a stop at an airy parlor room.

"Miss Terallo, may I present Lady Corazona von Ascania of Ukatis, here to see you."

Cora smiled fondly to the servant in thanks for the introduction, then paced forward to offer a greeting of her own.

"Miss Terallo, it is a pleasure to meet you in person. Thank you for the invitation to your lovely home."

Unsure of New Cov customs, Cora defaulted to her knowledge of Ukatian etiquette, and tilted forward in a polite bow to her host. Straightening out from the gesture, she took her first, actual look at Liin.

Oh my stars. She's gorgeous!

A faint flush of pink dusted the girl's pale cheeks.

"I must say, that is a beautiful dress you are wearing! So very stylish." Cora couldn't help but gush a little. Despite being a noblewoman, she was still very much a teenager.

"Oh- ah- I've brought you a gift. It's a blend of loose leaf tea made from dried herbs and plants on my home world of Ukatis."

She presented the canister to Liin with both hands.

I turn from my window as the door opens and my guest is announced. I smile to her warmly, taking note at how she reminds me of myself not that long ago. The very air in the room seems to have a delightful feel to it.

I step forward as she does, meeting her halfway into the room. "It is lovely to meet you, Lady Corazona. And I thank you for making the long journey here."

I cannot help but smile as she compliments my dress. Her cheeks darken in their shade just a little, yet her eyes seem to twinkle. "If you would like, perhaps we can do a little bit of shopping and you can find a similar dress for yourself? It is one of the latest styles Ilic has to offer."

A gift is presented and I take hold of the little container. I lift the lid and take a peek inside. A rustic blend of herbs adds a new scent into the air. I find it to be very pleasant. "Thank you. Perhaps we can share it along with our refreshments. Are you hungry at all after your journey?"

The mention of shopping had the young Jedi perking with eagerness.

"That sounds wonderful! Ah, if you wouldn't mind, of course. This is my first time on New Cov, and I'm afraid that I don't know my way around."

Still, she was looking forward to learning more about Ilic. Her own Master—Valery—had grown up on this world, and had been the one to suggest this meeting. Cora had practically leapt at the opportunity, intent on exploring as much of the galaxy as she could before a political marriage forced her into luxurious confinement at the Ukatian royal palace.

At the question of refreshment, Cora tilted her head lightly in thought.

"The flight was rather long, so I confess that I am a bit peckish." She admitted with a soft, polite smile.

"And please, call me Cora. My Master, Valery Noble, spoke very highly of you, and sends her pleasant regards. She was the one to suggest that I speak with you about biomolecule applications on Ukatis."

"I really do love a bit of shopping. I find it so relaxing and it really can lift one's spirits. I would be delighted to have a guest join me." It can help me to take my mind off of NCBC and perhaps even feel a bit of what it is like to be a normal lady with friends instead of staff. I think that I shall enjoy it very much.

"You are feeling peckish? Well then we must settle into our High Tea straight away. One will need to maintain their energy for shopping." I gesture with my free hand for her to follow me. Further into the room awaits the table with all of the delights of High Tea fully prepared. A tower of small sandwiches resides catering to a wide variety of tastes. Little fancy desserts lay in rest on a tower next to it. And there is plenty of tea to go around.

I wait for her to sit before I do.

"Miss Noble is your Master? I was not aware that you are a Jedi. You are very lucky. She saved my life one day. Did she tell you? I have met her husband as well and they are both a delight. The safety of New Cov and it's people are in good hands when those two are present."

Cora beamed. A little retail therapy was most welcome after the hellish events of Exegol.

The Padawan drifted after Liin, following her to the table beset with elegantly displayed refreshments. Little sandwiches, tiny decadent desserts and tea—Cora couldn't help but smile genuinely, for they all reminded her so much of home.

It was amazing how even light years apart, some cultures shared striking similarities.

Seating herself primly in a chair, Cora regarded Liin with a pleasant expression.

"Oh, yes! I am under very fortunate have been chosen by Master Noble. Both she and Master Kahlil are excellent Jedi. If I could become even a fraction of the woman that she is one day, I'd be extremely pleased."

Teenage energy once again wove into her courtly mannerisms, as it so often did when speaking of her Master. Valery was her idol, and even something of a maternal figure in Cora's life.

"I hadn't heard that she saved your life." Her head tilted to the side, curious as she took in this new information. "But that does seem very like her, so I'm not surprised! Might I ask what happened?"

I take my seat after she does, crossing my feet at the ankles and tucking them underneath my chair. I keep my back and shoulders straight as a Lady should.

I smile as she speaks of her admiration for Valery. It is a well placed admiration, to be sure! In some respects I look upon my parents in the same way. However I had been trained to follow in their footsteps since birth. Yet thankfully it is a path that I wish to follow. It is where I fit in the best. "You are well on your way to becoming very much like her."

I remove the cozie from the tea pot and pour us both a cup of tea. I do not add any sweetners or creams, preferring to have mine black. I pick up a small plate and start to take a few of the little sandwiches, leaving my guest to do the same.

She asks me about the situation wherein her Master had saved my life. My smile fades a little, yet only for a moment. In truth I am still bothered by nightmares, but I do not speak of that to others. My private life is very much that; private. I cannot allow others to know of my vulnerabilities.

"Well, I was coming home from Coruscant. Unbeknownst to us, the pipe that we had entered to take us to Ilic was ladened with explosives. My transport fell into the jungle and a lot of good Covie had perished. I myself was hurt, yet managed to get out of the wreckage to try to find some help. Valery came, as well as some others. However some in the rescue party were not who they seemed to be. I was grabbed and carried off further into the jungle. Yet you see these jungles are very dangerous and not terribly fond of intruders. The jungle attacked everyone and it was that distraction that allowed my true rescuers to find me and take me to Ilic for medical treatment. It is an unfortunate event that I hope does not repeat itself."

The pale skin of Cora's cheeks darkened, rosy with color at Liin's complement.

"That is very kind of you to say." The Padawan smiled, reaching for the delicate creamer to pour a few steady splashes of milk into her tea. Following her host's lead, she picked a pair of tiny sandwiches from the platter and placed them into her plate.

The blonde nearly winced as soon as the gentle inquiry passed her lips—perhaps, that was not an entirely appropriate question of her to ask when just meeting someone. Miss Terallo was gracious in her answer, and Cora gave the woman her complete attention when she spoke.

With wide blue eyes, Cora listened to Liin's recollection. A crash, an attempted kidnapping, and a heroic rescue.

"My goodness! That is quite an ordeal. I'm very sorry to hear that something so unpleasant happened to you, Miss Terallo. And to your friends who had unfortunately perished."

Despite her measured response, Cora felt a fist of awkwardness tightening in her chest.

"I am glad to hear that my Master was able to make it to you in time. It seems to me that she has a sixth sense for these sorts of things."

Smiling politely, she took a sip of her tea and murmured pleasantly for the taste.

"I…apologize if I've brought up any unpleasant memories." Her smile turned sheepish. "Sometimes I speak before I think, especially when it comes to my Master's exploits."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom