Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private High School Reunion Blues

Sorr Kortu

Socially Awkward Smuggler
central2008small.jpg

On the highest level of Coruscant was Courscant High School. Not an original name by any stretch of the imagination but it was considered to be the richest prep school in the Galaxy. With many senators, investors, businessmen, generals, and even sports star attending Coruscant High. As such, getting into Coruscant High and graduating guarantees that a student can get into a university of their choice. Any preparatory courses for standardized tests or College credit courses, Coruscant High has it. Sorr approached the entrance of the High School looking at the students relaxing on the grass or heading to their classes.

It had been a while since Sorr graduated from the school and ran away from home to pursue an adventure as a Smuggler. Funny..... given everything what happened between graduating and going on an adventure, it felt like 20 years had passed. All of the friends he made, all of the jobs he's taken, and adventures he'd got himself into, it was amazing that Sorr was back to the place where there was mostly just pain and misery. Sorr was bullied and ignored when he attended Coruscant High, people didn't give a damn about him excpet that he was small enough to be stuffed into lockers or his head dunked into toilets. Yet here he was, flying his own ship, being a leader to a crew who respected him and meeting new people and seeing new places. It was full of danger of course, but thinking about it, Sorr became stronger. Experience was the perfect ingredient in growing up after all.

Besides, he was doubtful anyone missed him except for one person......

" Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss ," A smile formed on Sorr's face though Zoey was younger than Sorr, she was mature than most of these stuck up half wits. Sorr would often hang out with her and his other friend: Terrance Costile. Like Sorr, Terrance shared that dream of exploring the Galaxy and was bullied as hard as Sorr was. However, he disappeared a year before Sorr graduated which caused worry and panic among his parents Sorr included. When Sorr became a Smuggler, he decided to seek him out but found nothing. "I hope he's okay," Sorr mumbled. "Where he is."

The young man sighed as he waited for Zoey. He wanted to see her again mostly because he wanted to catch up on lost time but also maybe she wanted to go an adventure like Sorr did. Sorr walked to a tree and leaned against it waiting for Zoey.

Last edited:
Zoey struggled somewhat to keep focused during mrs. Hallet's math class. All the numbers and equations just seemed to melt together in her head, as she rested it against her palm, trying her best not to fall asleep right on top of her desk. The hockey had been taken a lot of energy lately, and the recent game against the Red Arrows had been intense, to say the least. She and the biggest of the Red Arrows defensemen had a little clash in the first period, and kind of set the bar for the rest of the game, ending with them both getting a penalty for roughing. It came with the sport. It had been a real blast too, having her friend Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla among the spectators. Boy, that girl could easily qualify as a very competent and loud cheerleader!

The school bell rang loudly and woke Zoey from her daydreams. Finally lunch, Zoey thought, and collected her datapad and her holobooks, put it in her messenger bag and headed out the corridor and towards the main enterance of Coruscant High for some fresh air. The school complex was set on top of a cloudcutter in the wealthier parts of the ecumenopolis world. In front of the main building and enterance were a beautiful, artificially grown garden with green lawns, tidyly cut trees and bushes placed in symmetrical order across the garden. A fountain here, serving as natural meeting places for students during breaks.

Holding the bag with one hand and letting the other one casually swing by her side, Zoey exited through the large doors and walked down the grand stairs that had been welcoming students for decades if not centuries. The sun was shining brightly today, and she wore a simple red t-shirt, denim trousers and a pair of white sneakers.

Last edited:

Sorr Kortu

"Hey!" Sorr saw Zoey near the entrance of the school. He couldn't help but break out into a smile seeing his old friend still wearing jeans and a t-shirt in a school filled with students who were dressed prim and proper. Zoey was a rebel like Sorr and Terry, they were as thick as thieves at one point dreaming of one day exploring the Galaxy. Sadly, only Sorr recognized that dream but maybe if Zoey came with him.....

"No," Sorr thought. "I can't let Zoey be involved in my shenanigans, my life as a Smuggler has been one problem after another. I'm probably wanted on 12 systems after the stunt I pulled on Oovo IV."

A lot of dead prison guards and escaped prisoners all because of Sorr panicking at the worst time. Zoey wouldn't believe the story but then again, Sorr was surprised that he survived his worst nightmare of being in prison. "It's been a while Zoey!" Sorr said. "How's school and all that!"

Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss

Zoey looked up from her thoughts as somebody seemed to hail her. Somebody that she hadn't seen since last term, Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu , who had graduated and been quiet for some time. Back then, they had been rather close friends even if he went a few classes above her. She frowned slightly and peered at the boy, until she saw who it was, which made a smile spread on her lips as she approached him.

''Sorr? What are you doing here?!'' Zoey asked in surprise to his presence at the school premises. ''Boy, you miss school so much you got to come over on your free time?'' she added and instinctively gave him a friendly hug, before pulling away and removing a strand of hait out of her face.

"It's been a while Zoey!" Sorr said. "How's school and all that!"

''Well, you know how it is... I was about this close to fall asleep at mrs. Hallet's math class just now!'' Zoey stated and gestured with her thumb and index finger how really close she was. ''I guess it's okay... Today's been a struggle, though... Had a late training with the team last night... Advancing in the league means more work, you know...'' she explained, meaning the hockey.

Sorr Kortu

Sorr gave a sheepish smile at Zoey, she was the same old girl. A tomboy who has a big heart and wasn't afraid to take chit from anyone unlike Sorr. Zoey would be the one who often stood up for Sorr whenever he was bullied or harassed especially by Janvor and his friends. The young man shuddered thinking of the time that Janvor was stuffed into a locker or worse, the daily swirlie. His father would besmirch Sorr whenever he told him about what Janvor did to him. He'd say stuff like he was: "Disgracing the Kortu family name." and that he should "teach the bully a lesson."

Sorr never did, he was too afraid or what Markus would say: Too craven. Perhaps they were right about Sorr being too afraid that he relied on others to carry him. Even when Sorr ran away, he relied on Brinna Dara Brinna Dara to help him. "Mrs. Hallet is the same as always huh?" Sorr smirked. "Making Math the worst for all of us."

He forced a smile at Zoey. "Sooo are you team captain now?" Sorr asked. "You did mention about wanting to make captain before I.... you know left."

Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss

Zoey smirked on the inside at Sorr's sheepish behavior, and it might have extended somewhat onto her youthful lips. He had always been kind of cute, but unfortunately, an easy target for the bullies at school. Zoey wouldn't have it if she saw it or heard about it, and weren't late to show or tell the wrongdoers what she thought about it, in one way or the other. Of course, being a younger girl had its disadvantages, but most of them actually had barriers hitting or making something to a girl.

"Mrs. Hallet is the same as always huh?" Sorr smirked. "Making Math the worst for all of us."

''Ughh, don't mention it. I swear I was about to die in there!'' Zoey uttered, confirming what Sorr said and knew since his time in school.

He forced a smile at Zoey. "Sooo are you team captain now?" Sorr asked. "You did mention about wanting to make captain before I.... you know left."

Zoey lighted up in a proud smile and stretched on herself, feeling like some kind of fancy exotic bird on showcase when Sorr brought up the matter of her finally making captain in the Coruscant Cloudcutters.

''You bet I am! When the coach asked me some months ago, it wasn't exactly like I needed time to think about it!'' she said, the proud smile spreading from ear to ear as she explained for Sorr. ''With the whole teams approval, of course. You know, I told you we're like family. There's hardly any better place to be than with them.'' Zoey continued in a more relaxed fashion, before she glanced at him again with a curious expression.

''You're not going to answer my question, silly? The kriff are you doing here?'' she chuckled and pulled up the strap of her bag on her shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom