Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Council meeting, Invasion of Coruscant

Status
Not open for further replies.
The after math with O'reen will play out as it does IC, but lets get this on the table and discussed so we can keep it moving. So the Republic with the Jedi leading it has invaded O'reen and the Fringe without cause and without so much as a single diplomatic message. Results are going in one direction in my mind... next logical question is... what do we do about this?

The obvious answer to me... invade Coruscant
or
lets go diplomatic and use this invasion and victory over the Republic as the rallying call for those in fear of it's aggression...

High council and fringers gimme your thoughts

Major Faction

Dal

Empty Promise
Skip eye-for-an-eye. Go straight to North Korea's superiority doctrine.

Any attack must be met not with an equivalent strike, but a superior one.

Burn it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GngegDBH24g

One thing's for sure. This time, Fringe admins will be consulted. This time, let's insist on what we would have chosen last time, if the Republic admins had bothered to contact us as per the rules:
  • An alt limit (3 ideally)
  • 3 fleeters maximum, with the assumption that a larger battle is taking place throughout the system
  • A PVP focus, though use of individual walkers, tanks, warbeasts, squads and so forth is acceptable
  • We start on the ground to avoid wasting time with the planetary shield

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
If we do nothing, we're going to be targets forever.

If we take any other world, we're going to be targets forever.

If we take Coruscant, we're going to be targets forever.

If we take Coruscant and ANNIHILATE all military assets and the Jedi Temple, well, heck, we're already going to be targets forever.

Let's take Coruscant, eliminate all military assets and raze the Jedi Temple to the ground.

If I am not mistaken invasions are supposed to not be started again until after the event.
Which means things could drastically change.

I'm not going to bother saying lets have fun and not turn this into some petty revenge thing because there are issues with the Republics owner. That would just get ignored.

I will say what I always say I fight for the defenders. I went into the O'reen battle sick and only bringing one character on each side and when asked to provide opponents brought in two more characters to fight the excess of fringers. Was the Republic wrong to not change the engagement and talk to you? Yes. However once it was learned the Galactic Empire was going to be invaded they jumped to the fringe and said "they're defending not us" bah it doesn't matter unless we're of a single "burn coruscant" this is a waste of text. Seeing as how this has been our plan for months and we had a dominion just so we could do it I'll just go back to Titanfall.

"You seek death and I would gladly rend and tear your soul.
I would rip your flesh screaming from your bones and garland this body with your entrails.
But your death is to be far worse than even one such as I could devise.
Your skull will be honored with a place in one of the bone mountains within sight of the Blood God."

Major Faction

Dal

Empty Promise
Rave Merrill said:
An alt limit (3 ideally)

Lady Exedō said:
I will say what I always say I fight for the defenders. I went into the O'reen battle sick and only bringing one character on each side and when asked to provide opponents brought in two more characters to fight the excess of fringers.

Dharma Vessia

Lords of the Fringe
Faenrovon The Radiant said:
Burn it all.
What the dragon said... Burn it all :p

ps just a fringer here... but total annihilation is the only course for Coruscant. Place needs to be turned into a parking lot for our ships before launching at their worlds. Also what Rave said is a good start when setting up the next invasion.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Lady Exedō"] - Your opinion is noted. As for what Tef said-

Please wrap up your Invasions/Dominions that you want on the map before the event starts by March 30th. Starting March 30th, the map will not be updated until May 4th.

This is, again, to alleviate stress and allot time to devote towards the event.

Edit: This does not mean you have to stop your invasions/dominions during the month of April. The map request thread can still be updated, the map itself just won't be updated until May 4th.
It's a request for all Invasions to be done before the 30th. Now, considering O'reen is already tapering off, we could probably be over the hump on Coruscant by the 30th if we started it now.

However.

We could also sit on it. ROCK the event, get crazy rewards, invade afterward. In the meantime, I can put up colossal bounties on select leaders, we can shore up alliances, and you can all start skirmishes in Republic space to wreck things in retribution for them breaking a promise of non-aggression from the last two Chancellors. Skirmishes don't need to be run past the opposing side's leadership beforehand, though tagging Jedi Council members would be essential when it actually starts.

Basically, I suggest we go to war -- and save the destruction of Coruscant for when we're swimming in event rewards.

EDIT: However, if people want to invade now, we can make that happen.

I'm of two minds on this, basically there can be absolutely no peace with the Republic while it sits on it's warpath. Irrelevant is whether this is good or bad for the Republic and it's activity... it has been made VERY clear to the Fringe peace is not an option. So the question being simple for me... do we wait till we get invaded again.. or take the fight to our enemy and crush him... now the question is do we completely destroy Coruscant... or do we just occupy it.

if we occupy it they will never stop till they have it back, but if we destroy it completely we can leave the dead rock floating in space and shrug at it.

If there can be no peace, then I'm all for the option of complete and total destruction of Coruscant down to breaking open the crust and following the Republic with every asset we have until there is NO BLUE. If we can have peace well then, we all know there is only way peace is an option.

Either way I'd also like to create an IC council meeting for this for a few reasons including the mingling of the new TGE members... I'll try to get it up tonight.... thats right I'm THAT confident we'll win
@[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Dharma Vessia"] @[member="Faenrovon The Radiant"] @[member="Darth Vornskr"] @[member="Lady Exedō"] @[member="Darth Proeliator"]

Major Faction

Dal

Empty Promise
Two things:
1) I vote for post-event invasion. Mainly for personal reasons (i'll be at a tournament from weds to mon).
Honestly though, I do think it would be most advantageous for us to invade right now since the Republic appears weak. If we fail then invade again post-event. Either way, we have good odds. i feel like momentum is on our side right now. We don't want to lose that. Blitzkrieg.

2) Raze Coruscant. Do to it what was done to Kaas.

After we sack Coruscant, I feel like we'll be able to impose a humiliating peace treaty on the Republic, like the Treaty of Versailles. For story purposes, that could be hella cool, maaaan.

I have no doubt you can count on tge assistance. Cyrus especially has been dying for a good fleet battle, and we have a number of ground units that haven't had a chance to prove themselves.

We can't put one soldier for every person in Coruscant, but I say we darn well try. Even if it's just fluff.

Also sorry about o'reen, apparently Trent saw me saying it was a fringe planet as a carte Blanche to do whatever he wanted, not that he should speak with Fringe admins as I intended.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
I say do it while we can. Who knows when we'll be this active again?

(Obviously this post is moot but still wanted to give you my two creds worth!)

The Dark Ace

T
Make no moves till after the event I say. I've learned swift action usually turns out badly. I'd just like to give my tactical two cents on the matter. Sorry bosses.

Post-event Invasion. I know that we can get a hell of a lot of Event prizes that can make us even stronger than ever. We have done it in the past. On the Harvest I believe we got that huge fething ship, and rebuilt it as a different one that was just a 4000 meters long! Now thats fething amazing! If we can do that again, then we will be top of the line faction here.

As much of Coursacnt is my past home. I can see the need to just simply destroy it.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
We've signed a treaty, got concessions out of them, and now we just sit back and wait for them to break it like the last three agreements (with Ijet, Halen, and Harkness). Patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom