Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidden Among the Crystals [IE Ilum Faction Event]

Hidden in the Deep
I could feel it. Thalia could feel it. We all could.

Any force user could feel the sudden fluctuation in the force around the entirety of the planet. Almost as though we were all in boats on the ocean. Small ripples, and then a crashing wave the size of a tower slammed down. Shaking every form of foundation within the force. Almost as though these fluctuations were just getting worse and worse. Out in the main courtyard of the Iron Temple, I held a holo of the Praetor. His face distorted by the blue imaging system.

"Yes, you are correct. We pinpointed the source deep underground. The quickest way is to travel by convoy to the crystal caves and explore within. However, I can't guarantee that its still safe in there. Make sure everyone is prepared with mountain gear, and cavern gear. I don't want to lose anyone."
"Yes Sir. Understood. Is there anything else that might be necessary for this trip?"
"Not from me no. You? Give me the best. If we don't find out where this is coming from, we could have a planetary disaster."
"Consider it done."
"Its not done Legate Atheus. Get it done."

As those words cut out, he ended the call. I shook my head as I walked back over to the main group. Ever since I threatened his life, he never gave me any quarter. At best, it could be because he saw more than just the arrogant person I was then. Or he truly didn't like my ass and just wanted to push me harder. I didn't feel like finding out. I had more important things to do.

I moved closer to the group. Once meeting them up with them, Thalia raised her voice.

"Settle down!"

All of the acolytes and others there settled down from what they were doing to face me. I was decked out in my military styled gear, and not my war armor. Firstly, moving in armor would be difficult, and I could carry more essential gear with my military get up. I left my sword behind for now. Instead, I just carried my lightsaber, and an assault rifle. Otherwise, it was all the gear I could need. Various tools of the trade with ice axes to aid with climbing, ice attachments for my boots, you name it, I had it.

"Praetor has sent us out on a mission to discover what this flux in the force is, find out why, and if possible, stop it. This is serious business. No messing around. The caves here could be unstable. We have no clue what might happen. Keep your eyes out, and make sure you are safe. I'd rather you turn back and not die, then find out stuff on your own. Keep a buddy with you at all times. Now load up in the caravan and lets be on our way."

Picking up a few things from the ground, I tossed them into the vehicles, and got into one of them. Honestly, they were just glorified cargo speeders. They were to take us to the caves, and stay there should anything happen. I doubt we would be able to contact one another with the cave system messing up coms, but we had local radios that would allow us to speak to one another within the caves. That was the best we had.

Breathing in, I sat just behind the driver and tapped his shoulder.

"Take us out."

[member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Caelag Vass"] [member="Emeline Thorn"], [member="Savitor Draay"] [member="Talos Rygat"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"],

Talos stood amongst the gathered few. His ears focusing on [member="Atheus"] as he gave the rundown of the mission objectives. Dressed in a heavier cloak than normal to combat the frigid temperature of Illum, he drew his hood closer to his ears, it was quite cold. Talos had with him a pack, slung across his body, within he had rope, rations and an ice axe. He felt anything else needed he could do through the Force.

Talos followed behind the rest of the group and loaded into a caravan, seated nearest the tailgate, he aided those who'd needed it and once they were all loaded, the driver started off towards the famed Crystal Caves in search of answers for the peculiar disturbance that had been occurring. The Keeper pondered the cause and potential outcomes for a moment but felt it wasn't a good use of his time. Instead, he sought guidance in the Force and began to Meditate.

Putting out an Aura of tranquility and hope, Talos projected the Force to his allies. Hopping the boost in moral and vigor before their journey would have a bolstering effect upon their success.

@Everyone let's save the Planet.

Savitor stood in his normal armor listening to the murmurs of conversation inside the ship, [member="Atheus"] had given his orders and Savitor was ready to help carry them out. It was time to go to work. Savitor saw [member="Talos Rygat"] concentrating then felt a slight glimmer of hope that perhaps nothing was wrong, but Savitor then quashed it, if nothing was wrong they wouldn't be out here. The other legionarries around him were avoiding him for now. Savitor was still an outsider it seemed, for being absent from the legions ranks for so long. Perhaps this mission would help him become friends with more of them. Perhaps.

Emeline pulled the brown cloak around her person, attempting to ward off the snow and ice that threatened to freeze her solid. Ilum was a planet full of mystery, bathed in the Force and was unbearably cold to top it all off. Suited up in her legionnaire's armor, Emeline listened intently to the quick briefing and then mounted the cargo speeder with the rest of her allies. Her lightsaber clipped to her belt, Emeline was nervous and kept her hands free at all times. This would be her first mission, and it would be done under the eye of Atheus himself. She could not afford to screw this up, for her or anybody here. However, the fluctuations had been absolutely dreadful for Emeline to live with the last few days. Extremely sensitive to the aura the Force gave out, these fluctuations felt like explosions in her skull. She could not wait to silence them for good, and return the planet to its normal mystery and quietness.

[member="Savitor Draay"] - [member="Talos Rygat"] - [member="Atheus"]​

How long had Caelag been doubled over a bucket? No, her stomach wasn't making a violent exit, but the fluctuations of the Force she'd felt the moment they hit her were messing with her, very badly. It had taken her well over an hour to reach a point she could walk, and even then she'd brought a bucket with her just in case. Her sight was blinding almost whenever the force fluctuations hit her. Another hour seemed to drag by, before she finally found herself suited in her A101A infantry armor, minus the helmet of course.

Her beloved X-52 was slung over her back, using a lengthy strap to prevent it from jostling around as they went. Her standard W03A rifle on the other hand was firmly in her grasp, as if it were a vital lifeline to be held on for dear life. She listened to [member="Atheus"] speak, and noticed the force flowing through everyone then present. Great, she was the only army member present. AS always. She sighed and followed them onto one of the speeders, and made sure the weapon was clipped to a strap around her neck to prevent losing it.

She found herself standing next to [member="Emeline Thorn"], holding onto a bucket she'd brought with and her death grip on the object. It was obvious enough why she had it, her force sense as a Miraluka was naturally rather strong, sensitive at least to external forces. "You have a partner for the exploration?" She seemingly asked out of nowhere, clearly directed to the woman next to her as her half head turn indicated. She was trying hard not to lose control of herself.

[member="Savitor Draay"] | [member="Talos Rygat"]

He sucked in a deep breath, allowing the cold biting air fill his lungs and set his blood with warmth. The icy region nothing strange to Theo, in fact he loved it and relished the conditions as his Valkyri blood drew strength of it. He stood at the end of the ramp, dressed for the occasion, well whatever the occasion would turn out to be, only time would tell there. There is something very wrong, he could sense it, and no doubt the others would as well .. even Caelag .. if she tried to 'listen'. He doubted she would. A small smile crossed his lips as he threw a glance her way.

Some on this mission he had yet to meet, and over the course of time that would be rectified, he just hoped they would all walk out of the caves in one piece .. there was, after all, danger afoot. The Illum caves, like those of Rhen Var, have hidden secrets, hidden dangers that are set to test the Jedi or those that dare enter them, this alone can undo someone but with the added knowledge they are walking into something unknown made this adventure perilous.

"It is a fine day!", he exclaimed to any that cared to hear. One has to keep ones chin up.

Theo enter one of the speeder, all the equipment needed for the excursion was packed in the back, ropes, hooks, harnesses, chains, the lot. As soon as he was settled, they moved out following Atheus' transport which soon became white with the fall of snow.
[member="Caelag Vass"] | [member="Emeline Thorn"] | [member="Savitor Draay"] | [member="Talos Rygat"] | [member="Atheus"]

As the convoy traveled across the surface of the Ice planet, Talos would continue his Meditation. The feeling of invigoration and hope would not subside just because one wasn't paying attention to it. And it would be dismissed so easily, the Aura would be ever present so long as Talos remained focused on his task.

They'd need all the help they could get if they were to combat the Force within Illum. A planet that could simultaneously squash everyone on this journey were it capable. TheForce was so palpable here that Talos was able to feed on its strength to bolster his own.

The Echoes were out, dancing about the bed of the transport speeder. Floating about each member within the confines of Talos' chosen transport. A half dozen Spirits whispered to each passenger, strangely different to each person as if they were delivering a specifically intended message through the Force that surrounded them. Whatever the party would hear, Talos was unaware.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Caelag Vass"] [member="Emeline Thorn"] [member="Savitor Draay"] [member="Atheus"]

Everyone seemed to get into the vehicles in the caravan. It didn't take us long to be on the road to our destination, nor did it take long for us to leave the citadel behind us in a sea of white. I would have preferred to wear my knightly armor as it was highly resistant to the cold temperate, but having full plate armor, in a cave, or possible situations were the heavier armor would be holding me back, rather than aiding me, I chose to deal with the cold as I have before.

As we neared our destination, I could think of the time my troop on Hora was tasked to find a hidden outpost in the mountains. At first it was just grassy terrain that shaped into a mountain. We didn't expect to go into the colossal structure of nature, nor did we expect to be above the mountain in limited air, and the frigid cold. I remember having to trek up the mountain to finally find it, only to discover that the place we were looking for was not quite what we had in mind. However, I found my own path after that day. One that could have been so much different from the one I am currently on.

I felt a someone touching my shoulder. Looking up, I saw Thalia through her own armor. Closely resembling mine, only more fitting, and set in a one piece than multiple. Nodding my head in a thanks, I stood up within the caravan, activated my com link to connect to anyone not in my vehicle, and I knew that the drivers could hear me as well.

"We are coming up to the drop off point in a few moments. The Praetor, and I have no clue what awaits us. It could be anything from a natural disaster, or have foul play at work. Be prepared for anything. I'll be taking point with Thalia, and Apprentice Draay. Officer Vass, Take middle with Knight Thorn. Heavenshield, Take rear with Knight Talos."

Looking out the window with a sideways glance, I saw that Thalia was looking at me and just smiled with a shake of her head. Always the one with formalities. I rolled my eyes as I continued on with my little assignment,

"Talos, keep up with the meditation, its very helpful, but don't tire yourself out. We have no clue how long this trek can last. Should a cave in occur, I want you to take second lead. Think you are up too it?"

As much as I wanted to throw my lot in with Theo, I had to give a chance for others to learn. All of us one day would lead armies, or a small group of people like myself. I started much too late to be a fleeter of proportions like our admirals. Hence me wanting to conduct this as a mission where everyone had a say as much as I did. Even I made mistakes.

"If you have any questions, speak now or hold your peace."
[member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Caelag Vass"] [member="Emeline Thorn"], [member="Savitor Draay"] [member="Talos Rygat"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"],​

Either this was really good, or really bad, Savitor hoped it was the former rather than the latter though. Apparently, Legate [member="Atheus"] wanted Savitor to be in his group, if it went well, Savitor might stay alive, if it didn't, Savitor couldn't stop himself from thinking about how much he didn't want his head on a stake. Sure it was unlikely to happen, but that didn't mean it wasn't possible. Savitor shivered not from the cold, which he was protected from by his armor, but from the effects of his imagination playing on his fears. Shaking himself from hs thoughts he replied, "Yes, sir."

Paired with the young [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] was an honor for Talos. He nodded at the request to maintain his Meditation. Moving to the rear of the group, he awaited Theo to join him. Then something new was asked of Talos, should the group become separated, he'd take command? Another honor. An important one at that. He'd not fail should the need for him to step into a leadership position present itself.

"We shall not fail, Master...We will maintain the Meditation...Should Our services be required, We will step into the mantle..." The Echoes replied in unison.

Talos remained focused on his Meditation, keeping the groups energy high and their moral stable.

[member="Savitor Draay"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Caelag Vass"] [member="Emeline Thorn"]

Oh, lovely. She didn't have to ask for a partnership. Well, Caelag could appreciate orders. Orders were easy to understand. At least the Legion operated similarly enough that she could stomach their methodology thus far. Not that she wasn't still clutching the bucket in her free arm tightly, with each surge of the force. Even Talos couldn't help with the unease her stomach felt, each bump in the road and smacking wave of the force made her stomach churn from her unique connection and reliance on the force.

It did keep her calm through it though, she'd have to thank Talos later. Though for now she'd have to wait. Once they were closer, and were able to walk, she could introduce herself properly (hopefully) to Knight Thorn, as she had been told to accompany.

[member="Atheus"] | [member="Emeline Thorn"] | [member="Savitor Draay"] | [member="Talos Rygat"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

He gave Atheus a sharp nod of understanding and turned to find [member="Talos Rygat"]. Talos would be maintaining his meditation for the whole group and not only would Theo make sure the rearguard was maned but he would have Talos' back should anything happen. The young dark knight was second in command should something befall Atheus and so Theo pulled double duty. This was not the first time he had encountered darksiders, in fact strangely he had grown up with them as friends from a very early age and one had even saved his life, so Theo knew that not all that used the power of the darkside to be evil.

"Knight Rygat", he addressed the young man on approached before taking up position alongside him. He cast a look Caelag's way, she is uneasy, mostly likely because of the presence of so many force users, he shook his head slightly wishing that the girl would one day see that what she fears the most would be her truest of allies, not the bane of her existence. He would have to try and speak with her again, later ...

"It is an honour to stand alongside you brother", Theo continued but would be his last words so not to break Talos' mediation.
[member="Caelag Vass"] | [member="Savitor Draay"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Emeline Thorn"]

As the orders were handed out, many responded well to the task at hand. Talos agreed to the position, and continued to perform his job. Even taking the job of leadership should we become separated. I felt good knowing that we already had a well formed group, but even better knowing that we had some kind of plan in place should things go off.

Theo and Talos respected one another with dignity, as others were pared up for the mission. Thalia just looked me over as I sat down from within my own vessel. We were nearing the drop off point as she spoke to me.

"You need to relax. Everyone knows what is happening, all we have to do is find it and stop it."
"Easier said than done."
"With the people that we have here? I doubt that."
"We don't know what is causing the problem."
"So, if you find out, you can stop it right?"
"Maybe."

I always spoke to Thalia as though I could do so much. And thats because I knew I could. I could fight armies of people because I have. I could destroy ships easily, because I have. I can break and destroy so much, because I have. I have not done this before. I have never understood any kind of fluctuation like this. Who says that its anything that I could prevent or stop? On that note, the vehicles came to a stop.

"Drop off Ladies and Gents. Grab your gear and head out."

The head driver spoke to everyone that we were here. Nodding my head, I got out and felt my feet hit the snow. Crunching beneath my boots, I looked up and then back at the cave system that we were at.

Hoping for everything to go over well, when I knew something bad was going to happen.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"], [member="Caelag Vass"], [member="Talos Rygat"], [member="Savitor Draay"], [member="Emeline Thorn"],

The soldier's boots made a highly audible crunch, sinking a bit into the snow as she dismounted. Illum was harsh for her, between the sound of snow and wind about her throwing off some senses and the abundance of force energy throwing off the rest, her shaking legs took all the effort she had to simply stand.

As the bucket had miraculously remained empty, it was left behind. With the hand freed, the one soldier in the group held her rifle firmly in both hands, instinct having her survey the immediate area for threats and danger. She didnt raise her weapon as she did so, knowing how pointless it would seem to the force reliant around her, but it did twitch in her hands.

She was ready for anything at this point.

[member="Atheus"] | [member="Emeline Thorn"] | [member="Savitor Draay"] | [member="Talos Rygat"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]
[/quote]

The heating in the transport, stifling and the press of bodies in it only added to the discomfort so when the transport came to a jolting halt Théo was the first out. His weight drove his legs deep into the snow compacted as more had began to settle lightly and he felt the sensation of the cold fold around his legs, it was a great sense of relief as his cold cooled. From the back of the transport he gathered the equipment needed for the mission, slinging a pack over his shoulders and rope across his back and with ice pick in hand, he strode to meet up with the rest before they would all move out.

He followed Atheus' gaze to the ice caves, the force could be felt powerful and overwhelming if one was to allow it to take hold. It is ancient, the very walls of it seemed to look down on them and writing their presence within the pages of it's history. Rhen Var had been a challenge to enter, but this place was different .. the test here very much more personal, and those that entered here that would form a part of the 'gathering' would be tested beyond their capabilities. And so it should be...

It summon to them, voices on the soft wind beckoning them and any other day this event would be considered unique to those that could hear them. But today it was an event that they needed to be guarded against, their minds alert to the fact that it could be a trick. Something was here that should not be. Théo looked to those in the group that are more connected to the dark side and wondered what they could be feeling. A pull on the lightside of the force gathered in Théo before he sent his searching tendrils into the caves.

Before they moved out, the approached Atheus. "Can you sense anything?". He asked with brow slowly forming a furrow, "For I am being.. stopped". To him, it felt like there was a void within the caves that would not let him pass.

[member="Atheus"] | [member="Savitor Draay"] | [member="Caelag Vass"] | [member="Talos Rygat"]

Talos waited for the others of his transport to dismount before he landed softly into the snow. His breath was visible as he slung a pack across his back. Some moderate supplies and the Force was all he'd need. Pressing outward in the Force, expanding his Meditation's circumference. He could feel a "wall" in his reach. The caves were stifling his abilities. He'd need to stay focused to keep his abilities up.

Moving to Theo's side, he nodded that he was ready to enter the caves and begin the mission to discover the disturbance in the Force and at the core of the planet. The waves of the Force felt choppy at best, as if the planet was stifling the resonance of the crystals and those beings on Illum's surface. There were crossed wires in the planets core. Finding them was going to prove difficult at the current rate of Force interruptions.

"Brother Theo, I've got a bad feeling about this."

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Caelag Vass"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Savitor Draay"] [member="Emeline Thorn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom