- Intent: To provide a center of learning as well as an orphanage for Mandalorian Children affected by Monroe's Cataclysm and the Civil War as well as a place for adults to take remedial classes or learn a trade
- Image Credit: http://www.oscars.org/
- Canon: Sundari
- Structure Name: Hibir'yaim
- Classification: School Campus, Orphanage, Vocational Training Facility
- Location: Mandalore
- Affiliation: The Mandalorian Empire; Grants and partial funds supplied by MandalMotors
- Accessibility: The campuses are dotted across Mandalore's major cities and are freely accessibly by the public.
- Description: Hibir'yaim were medium sized campuses constructed after the Mandalorian Civil War under Mand'alor Yasha Mantis. Large orphanage/school hybrids they held each around 12,000 12,000 students with about 700-1000 of them being either orphans or left homeless by the Civil War or Monroe's Cataclysm. With various facilities for learning, and vocational or military training, they provided Mandalorian youth a way to advance and prosper despite having nothing of their own.
GravDome: The large sphere connected to the main building of the campus that acts as an athletic complex and hub of the school. It contains an indoor athletic pool, several synthetic grass courts for various sports, a zero gravity training facility, and other fitness and well-being facilities for students, staff, and patrons. Flight sims, fleet command sims, combat sims, and strategy sims are also available for open use by students and patrons (for a fee).
Barracks: Where students without homes and orphans spend their nights. They can also be called dormitories however as the school's primary goal is to raise orphaned Mandalorians to be Mandalorians, military jargon is preferred.
Outdoor Limmie Courts: Exactly what it sounds like.
Science and Robotics Wing: Where students perusing the sciences and students learning to tinker or repair ships can practice their vocational training. Also where the science and engineering classes are held.
Armory: Only students 13 and over, staff, or Mandalorian Imperial military personnel have access to these. Dotted around the campuses in both emergency and training variants they held both live fire and training weapons for defense and schooling purposes.
Schools are protected by the teachers and instructors present on the campuses as well as the local forces in the area. Students near or of age for Verd'Gotten are expected to lead and protect their fellow students and take leading positions in times of crisis. Light patrol by various security droids.
Hibir'yaim were medium sized campuses constructed after the Mandalorian Civil War under Mand'alor Yasha Mantis. After several years of rebuilding and raiding for resources and goods, a representative of Clan Australis suggested the Mandalorians begin consolidating their knowledge into the next generation. While the suggestion of a schooling system that mirrored that of other societies rather than the traditional education given by many Mandalorian families was looked at with confusion and even scorn by many of the remaining clan chiefs, Head of Clan Australis, Kaine, quelled their fears of an aruetii lifestyle takeover by reassuring the clan heads that the school was not only optional, but would also serve as a place for youth to sharpen their skills on top of learning and obtaining vocational skills. Zeke Farthen, CFO of MandalMotors upon hearing of the plan put forth a large sum of MandalMotors own credits to help the Mand'alor and Clan Australis push the idea forward.
Hibir'yaim would turn from vocational and traditional learning into a place for Mandalorians of all ages to learn new skills as well as a place for the thousands of orphaned Mandalorian children to live and learn as Mandalorians do until they were either adopted or passed their Verd'gotten under the watchful and careful eyes of the Hibir'yaim staff. The first campus was constructed in New Keldabe with the second being built in Sundari. Over the span of a few months one Hibir'yaim had been constructed in almost every major Mandalorian on the planet. Large Mandalorian companies like MandalMotors and MandalArms provided opportunities through internships either directly with the companies or through their partner and subsidiary companies which allowed for Mandalorian students following in fields other than Mercenary work to explore the stars and build their own skill set with the hope that they would return to continue building up Mandalore.