Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi.

intProp

Eternally Clueless
Hi, [member="Zack First"]

I'm new as well but I mainly wanted to tell you that you do need not to worry too much about character creation as long as you use common sense and keep it all within reason.

For example a Sith Apprentice who has mastered Force Grip, Lightning and other similar powers isn't exactly something that'd make a lot of sense and would only have people look at you strange. Basically, don't create a Mary Sue character (a character that doesn't make any sense within the setting it's placed in).

In general I'd say that as long as you provide the rest of us players with a few simple things about your character you should have a submission that is good enough. However the more you add the merrier and the important thing to remember is that your character will without doubt be better the more time you spend on defining and creating it. For example I have yet to submit a character after three (or something) days of fiddling away at one because I want my character to feel just right for what I have envisioned me doing in the RP.

So take a moment or two to really flesh out your character and you'll see it become way more lifelike than if you spend 5 minutes to toss a quick one out the window. The more you know about your character the easier it will be for you as a writer to really understand your character's trail of thoughts and therefore have an easier time writing a response to whatever scenario is tossed at it.

Also, welcome to the site!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom