Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi I'm new!...and I need some help..

[member="Symphoni"]
You can also visit the marketplace and purchase one through one of the many holonet stores. The currency we use (credits) is not tracked, and you could presumably have quite a large amount if your backstory permits, or not much if not. I'd assume if you were wealthy enough to own your own craft that you'd be able to go about purchasing one.

To clarify (It confused me at first): You essentially have no moderated amount of credits, nor do you really need a job. Just don't expect to be spending billions of credits a day, try to spread out purchases so they don't look like you're made of money.

Thanks! That does sounds interesting..where do I find this holo-net store?

PS: How do people do this name mention at the top of their posts?

[member="Symphoni"]
@Mentioning is putting the @ symbol infront of an account name, such as @Silara Vantai (Looks like [member="Silara Vantai"]), or pressing the @Mention button beneath an user's avatar. You can also use the BBCode [.member="member".] without the .'s

[member="Symphoni"]
The Marketplace can be found in the Factory as the second forum beneath the Factory Discussion forum board. This holds the holonet locations for most companies, as well as periodic auctions and even bounties. There are guidelines for using this, such as not posting a company page that for a company that hasn't been approved, or posting an auction for items you don't have, but as far as purchasing goes you can get most anything within reason. For example, I stray away from the multi-million credit items even as a CEO because otherwise it could be seen as draw on my company funds by company judges and factory judges who would judge further submissions by me. That, and I'm not super rich and several million credits for a jacket is pretty crazy. (Though I recall having a preferred customer's discount, so maybe I can afford to spend a little extra...)

I think the most I've spent was the ten or so million I just wired to the Beast Hunter's Guild for the capture and training of two giant crimson Exogorths. There's a large amount of stuff you can do on this board, and even though my time online is pretty hit-or-miss recently, I'll still spend some money I probably shouldn't be for motivation for people such as [member="Mrrew"] to have something to do. I'm sure he probably is looking forward to the 700-800 meter worm as much as I am of using it in a thread.

Thank you so much for explaining these stuff to me! I greatly appreciate anyone taking the time to explain things to me.

I'm still so confused by so many of the stuff here, not only being completely new to this place and system. I hope you guys don't mind if I do ask more questions.

-So after I create a character, and post a thread, what's next then? Where should I go next to get my feet wet?

-I've seen people mentioning training threads/posts? What are these, and how do I find them? Or are they faction only?

-Do I start out automatically as a Sith Apprentice if my character is a Sith?

-I see people mentioning names of other members after their roleplay posts, what does this mean? Is that some kinda invitation?

Symphoni said:
Thank you so much for explaining these stuff to me! I greatly appreciate anyone taking the time to explain things to me.

I'm still so confused by so many of the stuff here, not only being completely new to this place and system. I hope you guys don't mind if I do ask more questions.

-So after I create a character, and post a thread, what's next then? Where should I go next to get my feet wet?

-I've seen people mentioning training threads/posts? What are these, and how do I find them? Or are they faction only?

-Do I start out automatically as a Sith Apprentice if my character is a Sith?

-I see people mentioning names of other members after their roleplay posts, what does this mean? Is that some kinda invitation?
  • @Mentioning sends a notification to them, so if you're in a thread with someone, you mention them so they know they can post.
  • All force users start at the lowest rank, in the Sith's case it would be Sith Acolyte.
  • Training threads/posts are done wherever you want. In the instance of the One Sith or other factions, the master/teacher may post the thread in the faction's training forum designated for either force users or non force users, these forums being required to exist to help with the training thread's uniformed location by faction rules. These can be posted in the Private or even Public role-playing boards.
  • Training threads are for character development in skills and abilities, such as practicing a difficult technique to better your knowledge and ability with it, like telekinesis or telepathy.
  • Once you've posted a biography in the Character Creation board the world is your oyster, join any open public threads you may want, look for a group to role-play with in the Roleplay Discussion board, or join a faction and see what you can do with them. There's no real guidelines for this, you can literally do as you please (just don't join people's private threads without permission).

My suggestion is try getting to know the other writers on the board. Float about story ideas, you never know where it might lead.

For example, what started with a simple interrogation turned into a prison break that lead to a skinning which in turn lead to assassination attempt that nearly started a major war between two very powerful factions.

There are lots and I do mean lots of gifted writers here and a few demented ones like me. The only limit is imagination. That and the ban hammer but that is another story all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom