Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi I'm new!...and I need some help..

Hi everyone!

I'm very new to this kinda of stuff and the community as well, and I'm actually really excited to immerse myself into this community as you lot seem like fine folks. But I do admit that I do feel rather lost & confused at the moment. I need some clarification/advice on some stuff.

I actually created this account using my primary account name that I used online. I noticed that many users create their account under the character names. Should I or do I have to change mine?

I'm planning to make a Dark-sided Sith, and I read the rules about force users needing masters? How do I get one? And what time period are most people in? The Old Republic era or?

I am excited to roleplay with you all, and I hope you don't mind a complete and utter noob like me!

Evasion Studios
[member="Symphoni"] Welcome to the madness that is Chaos. We are all strange,unique, and within our midst are some highly creative people. Though allow me to help clear up some stuff for you.

1.) Writer account is the first thing you make. Some decide to automatically make their first character right from the start, and then they have that writer tag there the entire time. Some don't mind that - personally I do. Thus Evad is my writer, and all the others are my characters.

2.) Most Sith are labeled as Dark Side anyway, but you don't have to have a master to roleplay. My advice? Create a character that speaks to you, one that has depth and purpose, and then after you get a handle on that, and want to train, find a master within a faction. You actually don't ever need a master, save for one reason - and that is ranking up from Acolyte, to Knight, and then to Master. You could stay an Acolyte for as long as you wish and then get a Master out of IC interaction when you're good and ready.

3.) The time period can be found in the upper right hand corner of the website under Holonet and then Timeline. Go for the Main Timeline first. Read it (not long at all) and you will have a very good understanding of when we are.

Enjoy!

Oka Osaa

I love the timeline personally. The dark age and plague or whatever is just incredible. Wouldn't think that sith could come back so easily when Luke eliminated the most powerful. But its very possible as you saw. Anyways, welcome and I use my writer account. I don't need many characters :p

[member="Symphoni"]

Hi! Welcome! That's a disturbing avatar, kudos for that! Like Evad said, it's really up to you whether you want this to be your writer account or use it for one of your character.

And yay, another Sithy! They're a fun bunch, ain't they? :D

Any more questions, shoot! Popcorn? Right in the next room.

Oh, and if you need playby/avatar help for your characters, I'm just a PM away. I love that part (Not anime and such though, I'm not okay with those).

I agree with Oka, the Timeline is fantastic. It's far in the future and everything's lawless and gritty, which I personally love.

And welcome! We all gotta start somewhere and this is a great community indeed. I'm fairly new myself and any dumb question I had (and still have) has been answered very helpfully.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I'm still unsure of I want to/should make a character account for my character. Maybe I will, maybe not.

I've never been in this timeline, so I've got quite a bit of reading to do! I usually find myself in the Old Republic Era, as I play Star Wars: The Old Republic quite often.

[member="Symphoni"] - You could always roleplay someone who's been in cyrostasis since the old republic, for one reason or another, if you wanted to. The possibilities are endless. :p

Oh, and welcome to Chaos. :D

Daxton Bane said:
What kind of characters do you play in the old republic?
My game character is a a Sith Inquisitor Assassin.

Mrrew said:
[member="Symphoni"] - You could always roleplay someone who's been in cyrostasis since the old republic, for one reason or another, if you wanted to. The possibilities are endless. :p

Oh, and welcome to Chaos. :D
Thanks, and that does sound like a great idea!

Cody Weadge

Weadge, Cody Weadge
Hey, welcome to the site @Symphoni. Personally I'd just make a character account. Simplifies things ooc. Like if your character dies, you're not posting with a dead guy >_>.

Malachite Avachei said:
Server? I'm playing right now, actually...
I'm on the Red Eclipse server (EU). I'm not from europe, I just play on that server because the during my playtimes the US servers don't seem to have much of a population anymore compared to the EU ones.

Symphoni said:
I'm on the Red Eclipse server (EU). I'm not from europe, I just play on that server because the during my playtimes the US servers don't seem to have much of a population anymore compared to the EU ones.
If you don't have any really high level characters, you should come to Harbinger. Pretty active, compared to the others.

Hmm.. So I'm wondering, for ships, do I need to have to create one for my character or am I allowed to use one of the approved ships in the factory section of the forums? Or is that solely meant for the creator?

Depends... In the description of the submission, it'll say the intentions of creating the vessel. If this is for a specific faction or character, it will say. Otherwise it should be fine.

Although nothing wrong with a good ol' canon model.

Hope that helped :D [member="Symphoni"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom