Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Ho Hi Ho , Its Off To Work We Go!! [ Mandalorian Dominion of Gromas ]

Outland_001.jpg
Situated just outside the Mid-Rim, the great gas giant known as Gromas was the premier destination for a rare
and precious metallic ore that when harvested turned into the extremely durable metal known as Phrik. Orbiting the
rotund ball of fumes and cosmic smoke were the thirty plus functional moons that were the true lifeblood of the system.

G R O M A S S Y S T E M
G R O M A S 1 6
A R C E N E A U T R A D E C O M P A N Y
Browncoat Industrial and Mohc Extractives

"Production is at superior operation!" the blue skinned Twi'lek would detail to the red maned woman standing beside her. Alisha'ven, scoundrel and Second in Command of Arceneau Trade Company stood detailing the last month's worth of phrikite ore. Each person had their due and Alisha had to ensure it was right down to the last credit.

A fair share of the percentage went to the United Mandalorian Clans, while the rest was distributed among Mohc Extractives. With over thirty plus moons on this system, Gromas 16 was just one of many sites for companies such as Mohc and ATC to get their own bite out of the ore that would convert it into metal ingots. That is where Arceneau Trade Company came to play with their refining facilities. From here on out from the massive Trade and Fuel station orbiting near Gromas 16, there were several areas and contracts to fulfill. It wasn't just the Trade Station and the fuel lines; no there were also the resitential areas for all the minors and their families.

A tit for a tat along with reciprocity is the name of the game for Arceneau, and she knew that ensuring things were running smoothly and peacefully was how everyone was gonna get a piece of the pie. Hers wasn't the only company on this system. Mandal Hypernautics had taken claim on some of the single digit asteroids, but there were a few here and in between that were free to claim. Danger knew that rubbing elbows with others meant playing nice. Being greedy meant one made enemies faster than a homewrecking Zeltron breaking up a twenty year marriage.

As it was, it was about that time for the Mandalorian Representatives to come do their monthly pick up of goods and credits. They each had their choice, but normally they preferred the ore. Fine by her. It also allowed for a good time of trade between the United Mandalorian Clans and those else keen on talking to them. It was one of the few times they would all get together, and each clan was known for a particular trade or so.

Soon, the black maw of space would see the exiting of hyperspace of those representatives...

1. Mohc Extractives monthly Tribute of Phirk to be given to United Mandalorian Clan Reps
This is just an opportunity to come claim the phrik mined by Mohc and distributed among the clans. If anyone wants to deal business with Mohc to purchase more phrik than the monthly tribute, you can as well. Basically the more administrative portion of the Dominion that can be anything from talking business to figuring out what you want to forge with said phrik.

2. Mine your own Phirk! Steal your own phrik!
Pretty simple. Mine your own for whatever you so desire, or opening up a mine for one of your companies -- remember, this is Mandalorian Territory, so "tribute" to the Mandalorian clans for access and doing such may come into play. Contact your local Mando Leader for details.

Maybe you don't want to mine it? Maybe you want to STEAL it!? Have it it. There are currently two companies on Gromas -- Mohc Extractives and Mandal Hypernautics. There are also the Mandos collecting their own phrik too. Just talk it over nicely with folk ooc for a nice raid situation if you like.

3. Build your own objective!
Pretty simple. Make your own objective and have fun.

Ultimately, those who can at the very least provide five quality posts to this dominion while interacting with others can use this thread for their phrik. If you do five by yourself, well won't work, you need ten! Find a buddy and it will be easier!

1/20
Objective: Mine Phrik and test upgrades.

The large mando was a sight to behold at least, Allison stood in the slightly upgraded armor letting the small beskar spikes on her arms and legs gleam under the light with her sisters. Their multi colored armor as setting up a mine for their use would prove best. An upgrade to her armor and an upgrade to the horak rifle if it can be done as she moved forward. Her massive size taking in all of it while she hefted the hellfire cannon to defend from ones moving in to try and steal from them or from their allies. "Alright move in and help out where you can, we'll secure it and work on getting new casing for the newer rifles."

2/20
[member="Garrus Garon"]

Anita was on the planet with her husband, the short bald beauty of a man was just the right size as the giant of a woman stood in her beskar'kandar among the ones there to head and mine for he sisters. The helmet of her armor was clipped to her belt while her red hair was in thick braids instead of curl with red streaks weaving around them. Her massive bulk of armor all most would be able to see while walking with the massive minigun cannon in one hand. A massive spear in the other.

Objective: Mine Phrik
Allies: Mandalorians, [member="Anita Willamina"]
1/20
...the Warrior was amongst those who had come to the Gromas system to mine phrikite ore and collect it as a personal resource. At the moment who stood next to the large red woman, Anita Willamina, who was also his wife. Dressed in his own Heavy Beskar'gam Garrus looked every bit the part that he often played; he was large and broad shouldered and that was easy to tell even when he was clothed in the heavy armor that he was fond of. A Helmet was clipped over his left hip and Garrus went without it at the moment. In contrast to Anita he was bald, his head was smooth and while his demeanor remained casual a hint of menace was hiding just beyond his eyes. In his right hand he held a flask which was uncapped...

...looking ahead Garrus would lift the flask to his mouth, tip it higher and then take a slow pull from the potent beverage it contained. It was like water to the Mandalorian. When he'd taken a drink Garrus would lower the flask, reach out and press a hand to the outside of Anita's hip and turn his head to regard her before offering the red woman a drink...
"This'll put hair on your chest."...a vulgar joke and nothing more because while Anita ample in many ways and had an assortment of curves Garrus might actual dread seeing hair on her chest. The thought made him chuckle briefly in a half-hearted way before he put it out of his mind and was happy to forget all about it....

...the Mandalorians had come to mine phrik and exact tribute from the executives of MOHC Extractives but Garrus was not among those representatives preferring to mine his own phrik almost as though the labor were a matter of pride for him. Looking at Anita he was pleased his wife had decided to accompany him on this sojourn which lead to his comment...
"You should braid your hair more often."...he wasn't what people described as an affectionate man but he was capable of dropping small comments here and there, hinting at his approval and so forth. Anyways the game was a foot which lead to Garrus stating as he began to move forward..."According to a previous survey there should be a good vein of ore in the mine we're going to be visiting."...Anita already looked impressive in her hulking armor imagine what else she might create with the valuable ore...

Gromas System
Gromas 16
MOTC Extractives Headquarters
[member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Strider Garon"] @Mandalorians
...the Nexus Class Cruiser exited hyperspace in the vicinity of Gromas 16. As it approached the outskirts of the planets atmosphere a hail was sent to the surface informing the MOTC Extractives Headquarters that the first of what would likely be several representatives was arriving. The Cruiser would begin to power down the closer it came to Gromas 16, the solar ionization reactor would pulse more dimly and the engines would begin to operate on minimum power until an all stop was in effect. Afterwards there was little in the way of outwards activity until a single shuttle launched from the hangar of the capital ship and began its descent heading towards the surface of the moon...

...the shuttle was a Galaar-Class. It would descend through the weak atmosphere of Gromas 16 towards the MOTC Extractives Headquarters singling out an unoccupied landing bay where it could set down. Once inside it would have powered down, the docking ramp would lower and the individuals inside would begin to disembark. Everyone here would likely have some business with the executives of MOTC whether they were the Alor's of a Clan, their representative or perhaps even the face of a sub faction within a clan or another influential figure that was among the faces....

-------------------------------------------------

...among those who had made the trip to Gromas 16 was Andras Garon, a figure of some influence within clan Garon as well as an agent for the Mandalorian Regime as a whole. Disembarking from the shuttle Andras was identifiable by the Neo Crusader Armor he wore which was a throwback to a much older time in Mandalorian civilization but despite this seemed to favor it. A Helmet was held under his left arm. As he moved down the docking ramp Andras would stand to one side before moving to the fore of those in attendance allowing him to take a closer look at everything...

...things were quiet for awhile then Andras would have spoken up in an attempt to single out if anyone was there to meet them...
"We represent part of the delegation sent by the United Clans. Where is the Executive we will be dealing with?"...there must have been someone there to meet them but the reality was Andras didn't expect they'd rub shoulders with anyone higher than middle management; then again one never knows who exactly will show up to these meetings of tribute and trade...
2/20

3/20
Phrik Mines

THey were moving in now, with the sounds of the engineers they had while she could hear Anita was with her husband. She spared a thought towards her [member="Aedan Miles"] and what he might be doing now that he wasn't being chased by a tank... or a starship. She might have to change up tactics as her attention went to the rocks of the mine and she started lifting them up and aside. "Start bringing in the equipment." THere were grunts but with the new upgrades they were testing she had her beskar'kandar able to handle it and with the work on Anita's armor. She knew most of their limitations... most but not all as she had the shockwave rods on her armor and inertial dampener for smashing into the ground.

4/20
[member="Garrus Garon"]

The feeling of the hand and comment well that was more then enough really she was happy with that. A smirk on her face though at the thought of braiding her hair more but she wasn't against it while looking at the mine. "Perhaps I will." She took the flask and took a sip passing it back down while looking forward and moving. "Though here we'll want to make sure, I don't know how well Danger will mind sharing." Well they were mandalorians and sharing wasn't the right word but still always good to make nice with the ones on the planets and phrik ore served a purpose when shaped with skilled hands. THey could make a lot of things she was thinking about some more of it. "So who else do we have coming to this party?"

Objective: Mine Phrik
[member="Anita Willamina"] @Mandalorians
3/20
..."Who knows."...was offered in return after he'd accepted the flask back once Anita had returned it though he would also remark..."I'm sure one of your sisters is also on world. Strider and others are likely handling the executive concerns with ATC; I've no interest in them."...no he was here to mine phrik with Anita and any other Mandalorians that decided they wanted some of the valuable resource for themselves as well. The Mine was up ahead, Garrus could see it in the distance standing next to Anita and staring at it he would press his flask to his mouth again and take another drink before pulling it away and replacing its cap then placing the flask on his utility belt again...

...Garrus spared a glance towards the stars then he would say...
"Well lets get a move on."...behind both of them Garrus voice reached several initiates who had accompanied them dressed in the Aliit'gam Clan Skin who would carry several tools and operate machinery during the extraction of the ore. Honestly Garrus wasn't concerned with Danger Arceneau, he had no business with her at this point and while he knew her name and her face due to holofeeds and various other materials, recognizing that she was a wealthy individual he doubted she or any ATC representatives would trifle with or even notice a group of Mandalorians mining one vein of ore. Even if anyone did notice those were Mandalorian Capital Ship, Warships, hovering above the atmosphere of Gromas 16 and various other moons in the Gromas system. This was Mandalorian territory and they paid us to be here...

...the trek towards the mining site would have been an uneventful one, largely due to the lack of appealing landscape scenery however Garrus would make the most of it as he went with Anita. As they drew closer to the site he'd have called out...
"Alright, lets do a perimeter sweep and set up our equipment."...ever the military man such sweeps of the area to ensure safety seemed second hand to Garrus. The Initiates would fan out to do as he'd direction them while others began to set up various drills that they would use to mine and extract the phrik. By the end of the day they would be rich with the ore if they didn't hit any serious snags and their mining equipment held true...

5/20
Phrik Mines
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

She was moving it forward and getting the entryway opened for the mine as their workers started were setting up. The Yaim'la with its tools coming down into an open area to load up so they could secure what they had and withdrawing the upgraded horak rifles they were trying to get it built up and designed to function with new upgrades while her armors systems were online. There were movements on her motion tracker going forward into the mine and there were pirates from the sounds on the coms before her attention went to getting new people into the fight with them. "This is Allison, we have pirates in one of the mines."

6/20
Mine Phrik
[member="Garrus Garon"]

There was a nod of her head while she grinned, moving towards the mine with Garrus as she left it open for whichever mando's wanted to get it for themselves. Attention towards the mines operations opened as she crossed her arms and stood there at the ready. She wondered if strider, danger, azrael or others would be showing up while more operations came for them. "Well then we shall just have to work on it and see what we can make with it. I have a few ideas for how to upgrade things or we could work on new gear." Her ideas for new weapons or for a blade she could carry around to go with her armor. [member="Andras Garon"] [member="Danger Arceneau"]

[member="Andras Garon"]
Browncoat Industrial and Mohc Extractives

The United Mandalorian delegation would not have to wait long. Danger Arceneau and Alisha’ven, her second in command, would greet the envoy with a wide smile and warmth.

“Welcome to Mohc Extractives,” Danger would coo, her slow saunter bringing the full hipped woman to the Mandalorian delegation. She extended her hand in greeting, while Alisha’s lavender eyes practically wandered over with avid interest at the men in full Beskargam.

“I hope the trip wasn’t too eventful?” Danger would ask warmly, as she was wont to do when she was in hostess form.

Gromas System
Gromas 16
MOTC Extractives Headquarters

...at the moment Andras would have pressed his way to the delegation of Mandalorians many of whom had come to collect their tariff here on Gromas but some of which had hoped to broker further deals with the Executives of the Arceneau Trade Company. As he came to the fore Andras would have met [member="Danger Arceneau"] and her Twi'lek companion with an equal amount of warmth though his smile was likely darker than theirs. No doubt this didn't come as a surprise considering the culture that the Mandalorians were known to maintain nor was it meant to intimidate either of the women who'd come to meet the delegation...

...Andras would extend his hand to take Dangers after it had been offered and squeezing it briefly he'd have released once the gesture was met in full then he'd let his eyes wander towards the lavender eyed twi'lek whom he regarded closely. The Mandalorian was drawn to beautiful things, maybe it was in his blood and he was unable to escape it but regardless his interest wasn't to obvious. When his eyes came back to Dangers he'd have said...
"The trip was quiet. You'd have more to talk about sight seeing on Hoth."...was the description he'd use to elaborate on how the trip to Gromas was. In all reality Andras didn't consider the Gromas System to be any kind of particular gem when it came to scenery nor did many he believed though the company he kept might change his opinion...

...but where were his manners too, he straightened a bit in his armor and went on to introduce himself...
"I'm Andras Garon."...not the Alor of Clan Garon but a member of standing influence considering he was the cousin of [member="Strider Garon"] who should be around here somewhere. There were many who had come to make the trip to Gromas after all. [member="Anija Betna"], [member="Arrbi Betna"]. Either may have also been amongst those in the delegation. After all phrik was a rich commodity and a valuable resource not to be missed. Nodding his head once Andras wasn't solely concerned with the phrik however nor the tithe..."You have quite the operation here. I'd consider it a rare treat if I could learn more about it."...perhaps these were the initial pleasantries before they got down to the brass tax however his appreciation for the operation seemed genuine....

...he stood there, helm still tucked beneath one of his arms as he looked across towards Danger and Alisha'ven...
"Maybe while we all shared a drink."...
4/20

Objective: Mining Phrik
Allies: [member="Anita Willamina"] and Mandalorians
5/20
..."Your mind is an abundance of ideas, dear."...Garrus would have replied to Anita after she'd mentioned that she had some ideas for new weapons and upgrades to their existing armor. The Warrior knew that Anita had an apt mind when it came to such things as well which meant he would never question her. Anything Anita might have decided to build would be a boon to either of them and the added durability of phrik could only enhance the armor either of them already possessed. Trekking onwards Garrus came closer to the mine that he'd determined would have an ample vein of phrik for them to mine when a transmission over comms systems caused him to hesitate and turn his head slowly...

...likewise the Mandalorian contingent that had accompanied them to this site would have heard the same transmission which came from [member="Allison Willamina"] informing them that Pirate activity had been seen at the site of several mines. Using the advanced optics of his helm Garrus scanned the exterior perimeter of the mine he and Anita had been approaching before determining that there was relatively little movement, not none but not a lot either, which could have met hostiles were laying in wait to ambush them or that they'd focused their attention on a different area. Nodding his head the Warrior knew that [member="Anita Willamina"] would have likely heard the same transmission that he did however he reasoned...
"Allison and the others should be able to smash any pirate opposition. We should focus on this site. If there are pirates here we can clean them out as well."...it was a plausible solution to him seeing as how the Willamina sisters and all of their ilk were well known combatants and veterans of numerous conflicts. Garrus did not think they would have any troubles...

...as the duo came within the perimeter of the mine Garrus would turn to an Initiate and hoist the drill he'd been carrying to dig into the veins of phrik inside the mine before moving forward...
"Lets get to it then. No time like the present."...however he'd keep his eyes open and add..."Stay alert. If we run into trouble shoot first and ask questions later. We're getting what we came for."...then he'd activate the drill as he strode towards the mouth of the mine, moving within the entrance illuminated only by dim light and switching his optics over to a low light vision mode. Noise dampeners in his helm ensured that the squealing sound of the drill he was holding in both hands didn't distract him from any comms chatter he might receive...

7/20
[member="Garrus Garon"]

Anita was watching it as she heard the message from Allison.... it wasn't wise to battle a mandalorian let alone a squad under normal situations... but fighting one who has the only suit of self repairing beskar'kandar in the galaxy... That and make the mando twelve feet tall with a cannon a starfighter would use as their standard rifle.... She liked the chances of her people compared to them while movign with her husband went towards the phrik mine they had. "She'll be fine, they don't know what they are fighting." She had a laugh to herself while watching and motioning the others to begin working while she grabbed her rifle and the hellfire cannon was massive with its prepping up for the attack that might come as she was moving with it like a normal assault rifle over a heavy frak everything up cannon.

8/20

Allison heard the shots and her sisters were moving ahead, she was int he back and the autocannon was revving up while she moved forward with a glare on her face. Pirates trying to steal their phrik or at least steal from a friend of the clans with Danger wasn't going to sit well either. Garrus had given the order and she was moving forward atthe back able to fire over the heads of her sisters as they were all moving into the cave and mining tunnels. "Move quickly and forward, find their ships and secure anything they might have taken." She wasn't going to take a chance an enemy of the clans could get away with phrik or tech they were bringing in.

(1/20)

And so Siobhan quantum tunelled into the thread. The cause of her presence was quite simple, since apparently there was only one reason to pay a visit to the gas ciant called Gromas in the first place: Phrik. Firemane was in the process of setting up an outpost on one of the unclaimed asteroids. Surveys indicated it would be rich in the precious metal. Alas, not enough to equip entire Firemane legions, as much as she would have liked that, but sufficient to make a profit and create some fancy gadgets.

Appropriate tribute would be paid to the Mandalorians if they claimed overlordship of the place. Construction was moving along smoothly and all would be well, if certain reports about workers disappearing and never returning were not crossing her desk. Her first suspicion had been that they might simply be absconding with phrik, but she dismissed that.

Suffice to say your employees vanishing was bad for business. Besides, they were 'her' employees and she did not like the idea of harm coming to them! So without further ado she had decided to pay the outpost a visit, being the hands-on sort of boss. For a change we use this phrase without having corny innuendo in mind. Her friend/lover/apprentice [member="Tempest"] had tagged along because, well, Siobhan said so! She had presently been given the task of questioning workers and soldiers to find out what they knew. Rumours ranged from infiltrating Sith to insane HRDs to some sort of monster being the culprit.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
(1/20)

Whilst Siobhan did…whatever it was she did…Tempest had set about her task with her usual determination.

The sight of a woman in black Beskar armour was enough to be intimidating at the best of times, but into this charged atmosphere it caused outright fear.

Tempest walked into the worker’s mess, feeling the gazes on her. Once this level of attention would have made her blanche. Now she had the confidence to walk down the stairs.

“My name is Tempest, and I am here to investigate the disappearance of your colleagues,” she said to them. “Anyone with any information, no matter how irrelevant, should speak up.”

There was some murmuring among the crew.

“I know this isn’t easy, but that’s why I’m here – to find them. Sergeant Solveig will organise taking statements. Anything you say is confidential. I will discuss with anyone if they have information on the missing staff.”

She turned and left, leaving the Sergeant to coordinate matters and allow her to look into the other evidence.

[member="Tempest"]
(2/20)

One of the perks of rank was that you could delegate vital but mundane tasks to minions. Such as interviewing workers and gathering statements. Besides, Siobhan figured that Tempest could use the XP for her next Level Up! Regardless, suffice to say the Dahomian was an imposing sight! While she might not have the same reputation as her master, some word of her deeds on Zygerria and Kaeshana had travelled down the grapevine. As for Freya, she was built like an amazon.

In any case there was some murmuring among the crew as they debated amongst themselves. "I saw...something. Well, I saw a shadow. After it grabbed Winnie and his crew. Looked like some kinda giant worm. The screams were horrible."

"Luke, you're off your rocker. You were drunk when you 'saw' that. It's clearly Sith."

"I know what I saw. I'm telling ya, it's some kinda wild animal."

Another worker piped in. "We found the body of one of the workers. Liam. Well, parts of him. Looked like something had completely ripped him apart. Never found his legs. That thing ain't natural." And so it continued in similar vein. Some workers believed it was a giant monster, others thought it was Sith. Perhaps testing one their many monstrosities.

Some time later Siobhan would arrive where Tempest was. Much like her lover she was clad in imposing beskar'gam, though hers was red rather than black. She had left the helmet off, exposing her deeply scarred face and glorious firemane. "How goes the questioning? Found anything useful? The Foreman insists that claims about beasts or Sith should be dismissed and that it's just a couple miners running off with phrik. Needless to say, I've dismissed his claims."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
2/20
Tempest had recently concluded her own examination for the facts with Freya. She had asked a similar question.
“Well, we’ve got everything from monsters to terrorists to Sith Lords. One of them even claimed that it was a conspiracy by a cabal of human supremacists to begin a race war and wipe out all non-humans.”
“But all the victims have been humans,” Tempest replied, puzzled.
“So is the guy claiming it. I don’t make the stories, boss, I just tell you them,” Freya replied.
“Alright, fine. So which one makes the most sense?”
“I’m kinda liking the humanist conspiracy theory,” Freya said with a laugh.
“Freya…” Tempest said warningly. Clearly discipline was getting lax and some correction would be required.
“Sorry. Anyway, seems like some sort of wildlife. Sith Lords and terrorists don’t drag people off and eat them, and they generally do more damage to the facility. Sounds like some sort of monster.”

And so back in the present Tempest had time to give her thoughts to Siobhan.
“I think we’re dealing with some sort of hostile wildlife. Examination of the bodies shows a large creature, or several of them, and examination of the ground nearby suggests something lower to the ground rather than tall. I’m not sure what exactly it is, but I think I can track it.”

((Remember to number your posts. :p))

(3/20)

"And here I was about to present the theory that it's the True Rebel Alliance abducting workers so that it can awaken their 'proletarian class consciousness' and make them rebel against 'wage slavery'. Or some similar rot," Siobhan said with a laugh. As the dear reader surely knows, the heinous force of Communism should not be taken lightly.

"Seriously, I agree. Good work. It tallies with what forensics has found. I suppose that means we're going big game hunting. You take point. We'll take some of the guards with us. Stock up on ammo and explosives if you need anything extra." And so after having paid the local armoury a visit, our two heroines, with a small group of Firemane mooks who were being taken to show them the way, were heading down underground deep into the tunnels of the mine. Who knew what beast awaited them. The section they would be headed to was notable because recently a rich, untapped phrik vein had been discovered. However, mining had abruptly ceased after too many workers started vanishing and the survivors refused to return there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom