Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Ho Hi Ho A Camping We Will Go (CIS Dominion of Nar Chunna)

CampfireSmores-360x250.jpg

The Confederacy of Independent Systems had invited the family running Nar Chunna on a camping trip. This little exercise would give both parties the opportunity to see each other in a different light. There was nothing better than roasting marshmallows by the campfire and talking about things. It was a great way to bond. You really got to know somebody when you took them out into the forest for the night and sat around a campfire singing and if booze were involved all bets were off.

They had the perfect night for this type of event. There was not a cloud in the sky and no chance of rain. Keziah couldn't have dreamed up a better night if she had to and so far everyone seemed to be having a really good time which was key.

Once they had arrived at their destination everyone began setting up camp for the night before it got too dark. The sooner everything got set up the sooner they all could have fun.

Kneeling down on the ground Keziah held up two pieces of her tent trying to figure out which piece went were. Everyone else seemed to not be having this much trouble with their tent.

@[member="Token Waters"] @[member="Siyndacha Aerin"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Oron Verd"] @[member="Voroll"]

Moving themselves to Confederate Space was one of the best things Sindy probably ever said to Token. Sure, maybe the pair knew one another for less than a year, but the government sanctioned Templar and Templar hopefuls to go on all sorts of fun trips! The beach, fancy balls and now camping? How was this even real life? Her camping gear, because, yes, Token liked to play in the dirt sometimes, was already in her shuttle and all she had to do was wait for SIndy and they were off and heading for… Nar Chunna, huh, Hutt world. And camping. Interesting.

But camping!

Sure, they could sleep in the shuttle, but tents! Camping was really intense that way, sleeping outside.

In tents.

She had her bag filled with goodies, and maybe some extra fun liquor that she snuck away for the occasion, and carried the tent out. “Wanna help me set this up real quick?” She smiled at Sindy.

@Siyndacha Aerin @CC-117 Canal @Oron Verd @Voroll @[member="Keziah Denko"]

"All right, men. Ripper, Wrecker I want you two to secure a twenty meter perimeter secured around us. Nuke, you and I will be helping to set up camp. Any questions?" He asked to his squad, Zealton. They responded with a 'Yes, sir'. Nuke began to help out with the others on making their tents. Canal knew this wasn't a military op, but he never went camping. He didn't know what to do since it wasn't in his training or protocol.

He looked around and saw a young pretty woman having trouble with her tent. Canal walked over to her and asked her, "Would you like some help, ma'am?" As he began to help the woman with her tent.

@[member="Token Waters"] @[member="Keziah Denko"]

For a while there, Lucas wasn't sure if they really were camping on Nar Chunna. When it turned out that they really were this time, he was glad he hadn't ditched all that lager he had "accidentally" brought with him to Cyax. An entire skiff, loaded with enough lager to put down a herd of rancor, was parked not too far away from their camping spot, still mostly loaded. Lucas had only pulled one barrel from the back of the skiff to start with, though he imagined they would still go through a few more before they were done. Though surely not the entire skiff... Right?

Lucas rolled the keg over to where everyone else was sitting around the campfire, before tapping it... Only to realize he never bothered to bring a cup. Or anything to hold drinks, for that matter. "So, uh..." Lucas started, looking up from the tapped keg to everyone else, "Anyone got any spare cups? Or everyone fine with drinking right from the tap?"

Turning a little she looked up to @[member="CC-117 Canal"] . She had figured it to be one of the clones only because he had called her ma'am. Nobody ever was that formal with her.

"Yes, please. I'm having a hard time figuring out which piece goes where. At this rate I'm going to be sleeping on the floor," she laughed a little. "I'm Keziah by the way. It's nice to meet you." She had yet to be introduced to Calico's boys so for now she was just a struggling Templar with a tent. He would be the second clone she had met.

"Happy to help. I, too, had the same problem but at the end I got it done. And I think the floor could be comfortable, just depends." He smiled back at her. "I'm Canal. Its a pleasure to meet you." Now back to the tent.

He took hold of one piece and attached it to another. "See those pieces? Attach them and bring them to me, please." This is probably her first camping trip. He noticed that she was the only one struggling with a tent out of the others. But that is nothing to be ashamed of. He was going to make sure that this woman knew how to make a tent.

@[member="Keziah Denko"]

The Bothan's form sat at the fire, staring into the blaze. His eyes remained unmoved as he motioned to a corner of the campsite. "Black bag, left pouch." He told @[member="Lucas Burke"]. He didn't want a drink, had mostly avoided them sense she died, but no point in making the others suffer. However, there was a catch: there were only two there. And both were small.

His "tent", if you could call it that, was a simple enough contraption, designed for quick deployment and use in adverse weather. Like a Tatooinee sandstorm. Or, in this case, a group of confederate officers and Templars.
@[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Keziah Denko"] @[member="Token Waters"]

Lieutenant Dieter Jusik, 1st Drop Troopers, sat as close to the bonfire as he could without burning himself. It reminded him a little bit of home. Tatooine. Jusik sighed slightly as he cradled his CZ model slug thrower, it'd seemed like so long since he'd last been there. Truly anyway, since he often visited his mother when he went on leave. Dieter looked about as he sat, eyeing the motley crew that seemed to be a cross section of Confederate society. Bothans, clones, forcies, and the like.

That was something that Dieter had always enjoyed about fighting for the Confedracy, freedom of a people can often be judged by diversity, and the Confederacy certainly wasn't lacking that. Though he'd often questioned the actions of those above him the continuing "rainbow" of species and cultures gave Dieter hope for the future.

"I would get it eventually too, I'm not one to give up. I'm just slower than everyone else it seems." It didn't discourage her or anything of the sort. If she needed to sit here all night and mess with the tent she would do so however Canal was offering help so she would take it.

As he gave her instructions on what pieces he needed Keziah quickly brought them over to him as requested. "Teach me, so next time I can do it myself. Once we are done we can have s'mores !" It would do her no good next time if he didn't teach her. Keziah would find herself stuck in the same situation once again. Attaching the pieces she handed them to him.

@[member="CC-117 Canal"]@[member="Strask Ak'lya"]@[member="Dieter Jusik"]

The fire was warm and lit little of the surrounding patches of grass and mud, only because the sun of this world had yet to go down. It would be a welcome reprise from… doing very little, actually; sitting in the sun soaking up the rays and the heat from the fire, while toasting marshmallows with various different people (most of whom he had yet to meet).

After they arrived, many of the group quickly began to either mingle or set up their tents, but Voroll thought a bit differently. He had not had a chance to drink for such a long time he felt it fitting to spend the first couple of hours of this trip, despite being pseudo-political in nature, contemplating life with a drink of anise-flavoured liqueur.
Such a drink – which he only needed to bring a standard 700cl bottle of – had not graced his lips since his nightly excursions into the bars on Esseles oh so long ago.

So he moved towards the fire, making small gestures and smiles and hellos to all those he passed; including a girl, he thought was called @[member="Keziah Denko"], and a clone he knew as @[member="CC-117 Canal"]. The smile was genuine, as were the feelings of slight frustration and excitement from those he did pass. This camping trip was going to be good, he knew.
After sitting himself down, on a small patch of compacted, dry, dirt, he dug a hole – using his hands and finger nails – for the bottle to rest in. He untied the laces on his smaller-than-usual boots and placed them at the side, away from the licking flames. His pants were baggy and coloured a similar brown to the mud he sat on. His shirt, while similarly loose, was short-sleeved and black. He had no belt around his waist, and subsequently no lightsaber hilt nor blaster pistol. At least not on his person.
“Anyone for a drink?” He offered, voice louder than the crackling of the fire to reach all those assembled, including the ruling family of the planet on which they all camped. He thought they smelled like Hutt sweat, and did not wish for them to come closer.

@[member="Dieter Jusik"] @[member="Strask Ak'lya"] @[member="Lucas Burke"] @[member="Token Waters"]

"Of course you will. And I, too, am one that doesn't give up that easily. For now you're slow because your just beginning to learn. But when you know how to make a tent you won't be slow." He said to woman. He wanted to get done with the tent so he could talk with this pretty woman and get to know her.

"Yes, I'll teach you. Now first what we want to do is to unfold the poles because we want to have the tent straight. Next, we want to hold down the poles and put them through the holes or loops. Then we attach the poles to the ground an that's it." He started unfolding the poles. Then she said something about s'mores. What is a s'more? He then looked at her with a puzzled face and said, "What's a s'more?"

@[member="Keziah Denko"]

Oh man, thank god someone had something to drink from. As instructed, Lucas went into @[member=Strask Ak'lya]'s black bag and pulled out a pair of cups- fairly small ones, but small cups were better than nothing. Lucas turned back to the Bothan, holding up the two cups as he spoke. "Thanks, man, I owe ya one!" He then went back over to the keg and filled one of the cups from the tap before taking a sip. The lager was still pretty good, as it turned out, leading to Lucas quickly taking another few sips before topping off the borrowed cup again. "Ya know," he said to Ak'lya, setting down the tap hose for a moment, "If you want, I can fill up a cup-"

Lucas was about to say 'for you, too' when he heard @[member="Voroll"] call out asking if anyone wanted a drink. He turned around towards the man, spotting the liquor in his hands, and cocked an eyebrow. "Woah, man, isn't it still a bit early for the hard stuff?"

Jusik chuckled at @[member="Voroll"] and his bottle. Not out of mocking, out of sympathetic understanding, as Jusik had long found solace from his demons at the bottom of a bottle or the small cylinder of a pill. Gotta love those Military issued pain killers and anti depressants. Seeing Voroll's bottle made him a bit antsy and reminded Dieter that he had such a small present hidden on his person within a metallic flask.

The Lieutenant took a sip and resumed glancing about the camp as the warmth spread to his chest.

There was @[member="Keziah Denko"] , a woman who was probably too pretty for her own good and looked a Templars. @[member="CC-117 Canal"] and his batch of other Dreadguard clones. This brought a small grunt from the Lt, he hadn't really formed an opinion of the supposedly force dead commandos. @[member="Strask Ak'lya"] appeared to be a Bothan spook, if only by demeanor. @[member="Lucas Burke"] was someone Jusik seemed to be spacing out on judging at the time. Followed by finally @[member="Token Waters"] , a female human who's occupation Jusik couldn't seem to guess.

His legs fell from being close to his chest to being crossed, lying against the floor. Socks were dirtied white and sweaty, and probably would get dirtier as the day went on. He liked to air both his feet, even through the thick material that resembled something like threaded kybuck wool. Of course it was thinner than the much more winter-appropriate tauntaun-wool socks, but it provided near-enough the same level of protection and aeration to feet.

Voroll’s head had turned around, examining all those who sat and were trying to set up their tents when a reply to his offer came from behind.
"Woah, man, isn't it still a bit early for the hard stuff?” The voice came from a man he had not met before, who was subsequently filling up a small cup with some lager.
“I never consider it too early to drink!” He shouted, in jest, with a smile on his face. And despite his response he did not touch the bottle as it stood in its own little ditch.

@[member="Dieter Jusik"] @[member="Lucas Burke"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Keziah Denko"] @[member="Strask Ak'lya"] @[member="Token Waters"]

She followed along with his instructions pulling out the poles as he told her too and sticking them in the ground. In no time at all with his help she had put the tent up. It hadn't been that difficult after all now that it was up. "Yay!" She grinned proud of her work. "Thanks for the help and now let me show you what a s'more is." It was a crime that he had never had one before as they were delicious. "They are chocolate marshmallow deliciousness."

Keziah began to head over to the fire where a few others were all ready had congregated. "Who wants s'mores?" She questioned pulling out a bag go marshmallows from her stuff. She never left home without it especially if it was a camping trip. Keziah wasn't planning on drinking like some had started to. She just didn't drink as she was afraid of what it could do to her. She didn't want to be a drunk like her father.

@[member="CC-117 Canal"]@[member="Lucas Burke"]@[member="Dieter Jusik"]@[member="Voroll"]

Canal smiled as he was happy that he helped out a person in a non violent way. He always helped people but with violence. But this pretty woman was the first person that he helped without using weapons or anything that caused violence. "You're welcome," Canal said to Keziah as he followed her. "So that's a s'more? Chocolate marshmallow deliciousness?" As Kenziah explained to him what a s'more is.

"Sergeant, Ripper and I are done securing a perimeter."

"Excellent work Wrecker. Now get over here so we can eat s'mores."

"What's a s'more, sir?"

"Just get over here and you'll find out."

He looked around and saw people beginning to drink alcohol. Later, not now. And Nuke successfully put up the tent and was checking on the weapons that they brought with them. Why did we came in armor and weapons?

"So tell me about yourself, Kenziah." Canal is a curious guy and was always interested in all sorts of people.

@[member="Keziah Denko"]

She giggled a little as it was really funny that s'mores were foreign to the clones. They knew everything there was to know about military combat but something simple like a s'more confused the crap out of them. She honestly could learn a thing from them about shooting and tactics and they could learn about fun camping food. "Grab a Marshmallow and I'll teach you the art of making the perfect toasted marshmallow for your s'more," she exclaimed holding out the bag so that they could grab one before they got started.

There wasn't much to say about herself well there was but she thought that was something they would announce together. It was just they just hadn't had time. "Well, not much to say. I'm a new a Templar apprentice. Coming here I have to say was the best decision I have ever made. Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming."

@[member="CC-117 Canal"]

Canal heard Kenziah giggle about him and his squad not knowing what a s'more was. Canal didn't take this as an insult because it is true. They didn't know anything about camping with other people. But if its a military camp then we're speaking the same language. But now was time how to make a s'more.

"Nuke, get over here. We're going to learn something new."

"On my way, sir. Where are Wrecker and Ripper?"

"They're right behind you."

The clones were about to scare the crap out of Nuke but was ruined when Canal told Nuke about their positions. They all came, said to Keziah "Evening, ma'am," and grabbed a marshmallow. "What's the next step, Keziah," Canal asked to Kenziah.

Then the clones heard a short, brief saying about herself. Canal knew that there was more to her but he didn't want to budge in. "A Templar?" Well that's good that you're learning to become one. I'm sure that you'll be one of the top dogs of the Templar order. And we're all glad that you decided to come with the Confederacy. We're all friendly. Well, I don't know everyone from the Confederacy but all the clones will treat you with the highest respect. Such as myself, Galaar, Calico, my squad, and everyone who's in the dread guard.

@[member=Kenziah Denko]

Siyndacha Aerin

S
@[member="Keziah Denko"] @[member="Token Waters"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Lucas Burke"] @[member="Strask Ak'lya"] @[member="Dieter Jusik"] @[member="Voroll"]

Camping? She hadn't been camping since she was twelve years old, when her father was away working a big case. They'd stayed out for a week, she and Papa Marezius, living with only what they had brought along, and the relative silence of the wild. Her late papa had insisted she not bring any of her technological possessions, and at the time, she had initially thought it the hardest thing she had done and ever would do. But as the week wore on, she began having fun, and when they left to head home, she came away with the beginnings of the lesson that sometimes... you just need to take a step back, take a deep breath or two.

"Yeah, sure!" She said, with a distinct measure of happiness in her voice that had been absent for most of the trip. She was rather attached to her job, and worried almost ceaselessly about what might happen without her there. "It goes faster with two people."

Sindy lowered her backpack to the ground, and moved to help Token lay out and erect the tent. They'd been sharing a space for long enough that a slightly smaller space was not much of an issue. She had hopes that this would be a fun trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom