Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi guys new here and need help on how to customise my character

Hi guys I'm new and I'm really confused I'm seeing lots of really cool characters with the species, age etc i just need to know how to do that for me! Would really appreciate it of you told me thanks.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
sup brah

welcome to SWRP

Well, first of all, what are you wanting to RP as? A smuggler? Jedi? Sith? Weird, plant person who goes around annoying people? Sorry, last one's taken, but others are open! jk jk

What would you like to be?

[member="Ace Light"]

[member="Ace Light"]

First of, welcome to SWRP. Hope you enjoy it here.

Like Jak Sandrow said above, the way you want to rp your character can affect the species to choose. (Although, admittedly, I'm just interested in the lore of Zabraks, hence Xavka)
You want to enjoy writing, so my advice, beyond the bit above, is to choose a species you enjoy, if there is one that you enjoy.

Sorry if this advice seems disjointed, I find I hard to put thoughts to word when thinking as my self and not my character.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
[member="Ace Light"]

Alright: what do you want to be? Human? Chiss? Wookiee? The options are almost limitless.

Once you've gotten settled a bit, go over to Character Creation and start building your person. Go nuts, but don't go too nuts.

Feel free to find a suitable avatar, or whatever, and then edit whatever's necessary in your profile.

... and try not to do everything at once. ;)

[member=ace light]
Well find the creation rules, and the template, and go nuts, there are many ways of writing a character, i personally like to not have a ton of information about my character, and write it as i go, while others write 6 paragraphs detailing every achievement of their character before rp started, both are viable options here. Also there are a few banned species, so if it isnt one of those its probably okay. I am personally a shapeshifter jedi who could easily live to be 500, while my other character [member=kalyn skirata] is a non force sensitive bounty hunter with technical skills. Let your imagination run wild. here's the link to the template and rules for character building and also remember to read the rules on the top bar, it will be helpful. Also check out the factions also on the top bar.

Now the basics of the forum:
  1. To mention someone use either the @mention button next to their name, or type @their name or [*member=(account name in all lowercases without parentheses)] (also drop the asterisk) (the latter tends to work the most)
  2. Dont be afraid to join public roleplays once your character is done.
  3. Most of all, have fun.
While i am no admin, this is what i have personally learned in my short time here, so i hope it helps you too.
If i missed anything, someone can pick it up.

[member="Ace Light"]
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4790-1367244894-3.gif

The Galactic Republic or Silver Jedi are your best bet!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Ace Light"]

Ace brother. Brother bear. My other brother to another mother. Allow me to enlighten you.

• 1st. You need only post again in any thread to gain a reply. Creating a whole new thread for every question is not necessary.
  • 2nd. I assume you are talking about Rank Section on the Character Creation Template. Thusly, waived means you need not put one down. You can be a Jedi Padawan, a Sith Apprentice, a Rebel Pilot, or... You can wave it and not put anything there. Easy as pie.

Keep the questions coming broski. Just umm... Maybe keep them all in one thread yo. :p

Cheers!

[member="Ace Light"]
Have you made your character creation sheet yet? If not, when you go to the Character Creation Board you just start a new topic and copy and paste either the provided template or your own template/design/etc which lists your character's name/alias, species, if they are force sensitive (can they use the force, basically), and a couple strengths & weaknesses (Like, being physically strong is a strength, being slow/lumbering/etc is a weakness).

As far as obtaining a master to train your Jedi padawan, I would look into either the Galactic Alliance, the Silver Sanctum Coalition, or the Galactic Republic. I've linked all three for easy access.

For requesting the rank title (as force ranks are required to be listed) you would head over to the Request a Rank Title thread and just pick one or two title bars (like what is below my avatar to the left) and just leave a reply to the thread naming which ones you want (For example: "Jedi padawan and explorer please."). An admin will go through the list every day, several times a day, and after you've made your request it should be updated and your account will display the proper titles after a few hours, depending on the time you request for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom