Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hi enemy, want to trade?

With the grand opening of the X-Workshop fully underway, he decided to walk around and enjoy the celebration. He had been hired to help with the custom X-Wing department, helping design and create them. X-Wings were such beautiful ships. The way the s-foils opened up for attack, the way the engine sat sqaure in the back, the angled nose, it was just perfect.

A few of his custom X-Wings sat out front as demonstration pieces, showing off what the company could do. To the right was a six winged X-Wing, named "The Star". On the far left was a X-Wing with a large cannon sticking out of its nose, named "The Powerhouse". And finally right in the middle sat a custom X-Wing made for an old partner, named the Silver Saber.

Though he was not on the best terms with Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion after Mygeeto, they had agreed to make the exchange for the gun and ship. It was a simple swap. Once they got their ship and he got his gun, they would both be on their way.

And if any mention of returning to the Silver Jedi was brought up, he would lose his cool right here at the celebration.

Once more, Mathieu stood in his heavy armour with the same armaments as the last time they had met. It had been his second skin once, the armour, he still looked natural in it, despite the time he had spent with the Jedi. Mathieu thought back to what had happened last they met and to the injuries he had sustained. They had healed and he was ready to give it another go. Okkeus was important - they had not met many times but Mathieu had heard about him more than once and as a good friend of Caden Evesa Caden Evesa , he also had a reasonable idea of how much they had meant to each other - and in a way, how much the probably still meant to each other, even if it was not in the same way.

Many of the circumstances were similar to the ones they had seen last time. But this time, Mathieu came alone. The Morellian wanted to talk to Okkeus, shake some sense in him and bring him back to the light. Still, he knew that, if it came down to it, he would be able to hold his own. While the blonde's time as a Jedi had not been long, he had been trained to fight since an early age and had already experienced more fighting than most. Not to mention his intense sparring with his friend and Jedi Knight Cas Tynen.

With the box containing the Levin Flash-Rifle he had made for Okkeus in hand, Mathieu entered the building. It was a celebration with a fair amount of attendees, some holding drink glasses and mingling whilst others admired the fighters.

"Hey" The had found each other. He raised his hand holding the grey metallic box "I've got it right here. You don't happen to have somewhere more private? Maybe a courtyard or something? I could show you how it works" he said - it was true, they had not parted ways on good terms last time - but if there was to be any hope of success, Mathieu needed to reason with the guy and a friendly gesture was the first step to that goal.

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

The Padawan walked up to him, metal box in his hands.

""I've got it right here. You don't happen to have somewhere more private? Maybe a courtyard or something? I could show you how it works"

Even though the boy was still an awful, wretched Jedi, he was still a customer. That meant he had to act at least a little cordial.

"Sure sure, there is a courtyard out back. I'll get someone to bring the X-Wing back there.. Follow me."

Waving his hand for the boy to follow he led him through a long set of hallways. The celebration happened all around them as people made new friends and businessmen talked shop. Looking down at his robotic arm he pushed back the sleeve of his new robe. With the press of a few buttons on his datapad he heard the ship firing up. As he guided the boy outside he saw the ship already sitting there.

Once outside he found a bench nearby. Motioning for the Padawan to set the case on the bench, he began the conversation.

"May I try out the weapon, Mathieu?"

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion

Good, they were going to the Court yard. The conversation they were bound to have was private and there was really no need for others to hear it than the two of them. Besides, if worst came to worst, Mathieu did not wish for any innocent civilians to get caught in the crossfire.

"Yeah, of course" he said, putting the metallic case down onto a table. Before starting to open it, he looked up at the former Knight "You know, I wish that it wouldn't have ended as it did last time" Mathieu eyed Okkeus - he was prepared to defend himself if needed.

Soon, the two switches on the top of the case would flip open with a snap. Mathieu opened the box, revealing the rifle being held steady by black foam. Whilst letting his hand sweep over the cool surface of the weapon, following its sleek design, he looked up and spoke once more "Caden is no longer with is. I haven't been able to find him in months. Okkeus, I need you. I need you to return to the Order. To the light. I don't know what you did, but it can be forgiven. Just come back. Come back home."

His jaw clenched with the Padawan's words. The past was no longer important to him. Those times had held him back, keeping from his true potential. Caden Evesa Caden Evesa had held him back. Darth Tesir had held him back. His destiny was never to become a Jedi Knight. Nor was it to become a Sith Padawan. No, his destiny was always much, much bigger.

The case picked open with two snaps. As the lid swung open the rays from the sun shown down upon the weapon. The black rifle reflected well with the light. All of its fine details and edges were revealed. The boy's hand swept over the weapon as he showed it off. What he wasn't excepting came next.

"Caden is no longer with is. I haven't been able to find him in months. Okkeus, I need you. I need you to return to the Order. To the light. I don't know what you did, but it can be forgiven. Just come back. Come back home."

Turning away from the Padawan it took everything in his power to not lash out against the boy, attack him, and get rid of him. But they were in a public event. Somewhere someone was watching them. This was neither the time or place for this to be dealt with.

Walking right up to the boy's face he stared him straight into his eyes, so close that he could see his own electric blue/yellow eyes reflecting off of Mathieu's. His robotic finger shot up, pointing at the boy.

"It was never something
I did Mathieu. I never killed that man. I never thought that I would take the blame for it. And I sure as nerf did not deserve what Caden did. What that worthless excuse of a Jedi did to me will never be forgiven. You know why? Because I should have killed him RIGHT THEN AND THERE, so I wouldn't have had to go through any of this!"

Taking a step back he reached for his lightsaber, not wanting to make the same mistake he made with Caden. So he embraced the darkness.

Dude I can't tell you how hard that was to write. Please forgive me! :(

Last edited:
Okkeus turned away from Mathieu and the rifle. It was an odd way to inspect his new weapon - but that was not why he did it. The large Morellian knew that it was because of what he had said.

Coming up close, the former Jedi Knight pointed a finger at the former Mercenary. Mathieu tilted his head down to look his fallen ally straight in the eyes - not in a confrontational way, but rather one marked with sympathy. Having been around tense situations which eventually spiraled into armed conflict plenty of times, it was not hard to figure out what was going to happen when the human stepped back. Instead of immediately respond to his words, Mathieu quickly stepped forth, following the Okkeus and maintaining the close range. Instead of reaching for his own weapon, he would put his strong hand onto the wrist of the outcast, hoping to prevent him from actually pulling out the lightsabre.

"I don't know what happened between you, but whatever it was, we could work through it. Look, you're a good guy, you don't want to hurt anyone. Not really. Even now you're defending your innocence. You are not one of them" his voice had transformed from one of soft sympathy to one of conviction. But then, the softer side reemerged as he repeated the words "Come back home"

Mathieu did not want to prepare for combat. He did not want the situation to escalate - he just wanted Okkeus back. He was the key to finding Caden - if Caden was even still alive. The note he had left after Mygeeto hade made him fear for the worst. Still, the danger of the situation was obvious. Instead of using his free hand to grab a weapon, the Padawan simply rested his forearm on the pommel of his vibroswrod, hopefully preventing any attempts from the other to steal and use it, now what his lightsabre-arm had been caught.

So badly he wanted to tug away from the man's hand. But something inside his head told him to not move. To listen to what the man had to say. Standing there he took in the words.

"Come back home."

The voice in his head told him to listen to the Padawan, to come back to the light side of the force. But he couldn't do it. He was too far gone. No reason to fight it now. So he pushed the voice out of his head. For good. Ripping away his robotic hand from the man's grip he stepped back. He stared directly into his eyes, penetrating them.

"You just don't get it do you? I am already home. You need to leave before you get hu...no! I will not make the same mistake again. I will kil...come back to the light. Enough!"

Placing both hands on the side of his head he tried to stop the pain. Both of the voices were battling each other, trying to gain control. It was tearing him apart. Reaching for his lightsaber he flicked it on, holding it in his left hand. His right still on the side of his head. He knew which voice to listen to.

The voice of freedom and power.

Things weren't going his way. Okkeus had forcefully removed himself from Mathieu's grasp and was quickly taking a step back. Pursuing to keep his arm restrained was hardly a workable option, seeing as it was more likely to agitate the former Jedi than to keep him calm and talkative.

But then, the objective of talking to him was not going very well either. Okkeus seemed to be struggling against an inner foe and while the darkness seemed to have the upper hand, he was still kept in control by the light. "I believe in you. I've heard so many good things about you" he said, having heard people mention the Knight's name a few times in the temple corridors - often upon being asked about him directly.

"Listen to me. Okkeus, listen." he spoke with surprising determination as he pleaded for attention "The Dark side of the force, it leads to death. It leads to destruction. Look at Mandalore, look at Mirial. Turn your back on that legacy. Remember how it feels to do good. All padawans face their struggles and I am sure you struggled as a Knight too, at times. Do not let all that work be in vein."

Okkeus' one arm was by his sabre as the other was still pressed by his head. Mathieu's posture was almost similar from a certain point of view. His right arm was near the pommel of his vibrosword - although it was not quite touching it yet. And his free right arm was extended in the fallen Knight's direction. They still stood a few metres apart, but it was symbolic how how he was extending a hand to thy boy - a gesture showing that they could get through it together and that he was willing to help.

Throughout his head was pain. He was already dealing with a fight mentally, but soon he would be dealing with one physically. Barely opening his eyes he saw the man's outstretched hand, reaching for him. A gateway back to the light. An ending to all the pain, all the suffer. That was when he looked down, seeing his other hand near the vinrosword's hilt. He didn't trust him enough to take his hand off of his weapon?

Well, trust is a two way spacelane.

Grabbing his lightsaber he turned it on, the red glow shining onto the grass below. The blade pointed downwards in his left hand, nearly touching the ground. Rage was burning through him. Every ounce of energy was going to be put into killing this man, whether he built him a gun or not.

Taking the saber in both hands he firmly grasped it together. Slowly he raised it above his head, the blade pointing behind him. He was ready to strike.

"Remeber how it feels to do good? Well maybe you should have a taste on how it feels to do bad!"

With the saber still raised above his head he quickly charged at the man. If his attack worked, he would slice down one of his arms, making it harder for the man to fight. But easier to kill.

Okkeus did not take the hand he had stretched out in friendship. No. Instead, the fallen Knight had both drawn and ignited his now red lightsabre. Mathieu's face started to look rather sombre. He knew about the threat of the Dark Side and he knew that Okkeus was most skilled. He remembered if from last time. But from then til now, Mathieu had grown quite a bit as a force user and a duelist. Still - there was no room for arrogance, so when he saw the dark sider activate his sabre, the Padawan pulled out his vibrosword.

The first attack which Okkeus sent his way was clearly telegraphed with and overhead swing - especially since he had to close the distance between them. Mathieu bent his knees, lowering himself to his foe's level and countered by swinging his own blade upward horizontally, practically guaranteeing that it would block the strike.

Before the two blades struck each other, Mathieu had already begun thinking of a counter attack and straightened his one leg whilst using the other to send a powerful kick at the much smaller opponents abdomen. With both blades locked up high, the risk of getting his leg cut off was minimal. If he was successful and the dark sider was forced back, the former Mercenary would press the attack and make a swing from left to right as he took a step forth, utilising his impressive physique to produce a powerful attack which he hoped would be hard to block.

The two blades let out a hiss as they collided together. He looked right into Mathieu's eyes. They were so close he could see the reflection of his own slightly-yellowing eyes. Is this what he had become? Some sort of monster? It was never meant to be this way. He was supposed to watch Caden grow up and become a Jedi Knight. The two were supposed to be best friends. Now one of his former friends was in danger of getting hurt. The one that stood across from him.

While carried away in his own thought a powerful kick was sent to his abdomen. He went falling backwards as the lightsaber fell out of his hands. He now laid on his back, exposed to oncoming attack. Looking over his lightsaber was slowly burning the grass, catching it on fire.

Now he was angry.

Using the force he grabbed his lightsaber, bringing it back to his left hand. He now crossed the blade from his chest, hoping to block out whatever would come next. There wouldn't be enough time for him to regain his footing. He just hoped that there was an opening to strike again.

Apparently, the fallen Knight did not fully have his mind in the fight. Good. Mathieu knew that if he did, it would probably be going in another direction right now. But at this moment, the large Morellian had gained a decided advantage, for his opponent was on the floor. He stepped closer to deal a finishing blow - it would hurt, probably a lot, but it would not be lethal.

But then, Okkeus summoned his blade, intercepting Mathieu's downward swing. The former Mercenary had all factors going for him, or at least so it seemed. The strength was there - he was well built and could use both hands whereas his opponent was still using one. He had his weight and gravity in general, both letting him weigh down on his opponent. It was only a matter of time before Okkeus' blade would be pushed down into his own chest. The Padawan let those words sink in. He did not want it. He did not want to risk cutting someone who was so important to Caden open.

Staring down at his foe, Mathieu let out an almost desperate sounding "Surrender already! Blast it you're stubborn!" but from his point of view, the prospect of having his foe surrender seemed unrealistic at best. With a grunt and a push, the Jedi Padawan disengaged their bladelock and took a step back. But he did not stay idle - he had the upper hand and had no intentions of loosing it.

Momentarily closing his eye, the Morellian focused on a technique he had only tried a few times so far. But the Masters had said that he seemed to have an affinity for it, a good reason to do it with confidence. From his core, Mathieu soon started to glow in a bright light. He had not perfected the technique by any means and had it been done by a master, they probably would not have telegraphed it so clearly. But even the glow of pure light sided energy would serve to weaken the hold of the darkside for those who were near.

Eventually, he managed to shift enough of the energy to his arms, continuing onto his hands and then sent out as a large blast at his fallen opponent. It was not intended to hurt, so any danger sense wouldn't go off because of it, or at least so he hoped. All Mathieu wanted was to help his friend find redemption. And if lucky, this might also serve to save Caden in the long run. He looked to the younger man, slightly out of breath from using a large portion of his force stamina, but he could speak without issues "Okkeus... Okkeus, come back home. We need you."

He flinched as the man's blade collided with his. It was very much a possibility that he would die right here, right now. The red blade of his saber slowly crept closer to his chest, with small amounts of heat growing larger and larger. This was not looking good. But he was not ready to lose, not ready to become one with the dark side of the force.

"I will never surrender!"

As if the words scared the man off, Mathieu suddenly released his attack. He stepped backwards yet still stared down Okkeus. Thinking that this was his chance, he took his right hand and tried pushing himself off of the ground. Now sitting on the back of his legs we was ready to strike. That was when he noticed the bright light coming out of the man's hand.

Some form of energy hit him hard, nearly knocking him back down. The light seems to be messing with his head, telling him to come back to the light. This must be what that Jedi Tiland was talking about when he took his class. His head rang intensely, like a bomb went off right next to him. Letting out a cry of pain he stood back up, grabbing the lightsaber.

Holding it again in his left hand he slowly charged at the man. The blade stuck outward, hopefully going to cut off his legs. This meant his left arm was very exposed, vulnerable for attack. But at this point he would to anything to win.

Even after the blast of Force light and having been pressed hard in the struggle before that, the Knight found the strength to fight on. Mathieu expected nothing less for Okkeus Dainlei had been a most formidable Jedi. Still, the hope was that it had at least weakened him, perhaps slowed him down a little and most importantly, prevented the dark side from keep fueling him.

Mathieu gave the darksider a distraught look as he got back up. "Just surrender!" he almost sounded desperate "It's the right thing to do" Okkeus had already declined it, but what else was there to do? Mathieu did, in truth, not wish to fight someone whom he wanted to regard as an ally.

But then it happened. The former Jedi attacked. He was slow - slow enough to give Mathieu the chance to let out an exasperated "Blast it, Dainlei!" With the slow charge, the Padawan had plenty of time to see what was going on. Okkeus wanted to strike at his legs. But then, Mathieu had a greater reach than his temporary foe, not only standing a fair bit taller, but also not having to reach down as much to strike. With a quick and sudden move, he leaned forth and swung his vibrosword at the human's sword arm.

If the attack was successful, Mathieu would throw himself to the side to minimise the risk of Okkeus' momentum carrying his weapon to strike at his feet. The Padawan would still be shimmering from the force light as he approached the now disarmed foe. Putting a hand on his shoulder, Mathieu spoke "The dark side corrupts and destroys. Look at us, since when did we ever want to fight each other? You've opened a business, you want to create, not destroy." His eyes locked with Okkeus' eyes "Let me take you to the Jedi Temple and get you fixed up, OK?"

It was like Deja Vu, because he had most definitely been in this place before.

Just as Darth Tesir's red blade sliced off his organic arm, he watched as the Jedi's vibrosword cut downwards. There was no time for him to react. The blade moved in slow motion for him, moving at speeds so minimal that he could see the individuals wires and hydrolics being cut apart. He knew it was happening at much faster speeds, but right now, this moment, would last for a long time.

When the blade had sliced open the last wire, then the battle started to speed up again. Soon he felt his left side become lighter. The arm made a thud as it hit the grass, while the still-activated lightsaber let off a noticeable hmm. He began to fall forward, now thrown off balance. When he hit the grass he began to feel dizzy, yet no pain came from his arm.

Next thing he knew he was on his right knee, looking at Mathieu. As they locked eyes he could see the reflection of his own slowly turning back to blue. But before he could hear all of what the Padawan wanted to say, he suddenly became very heavy. The world around him started to spin. Starting to fall forward he was able to mutter out one word.

"Caden..."

As he hit the grass his eyes struggled to stay open, before he eventually passed out.

Mathieu's words didn't seem to make much of an impact. It was not because Okkeus refused to listen or that he was too far gone - it was because he was loosing consciousness. Standing with a slight forward tilt, the Padawan readied himself to prevent the fallen Jedi from falling. His lips formed a thin line as Caden's name was mentioned - maybe the animosity he held towards his former Padawan could fade someday.

And then he fell. Mathieu was fast to drop his weapon and catch the former Jedi before he hit the ground. At first, he threw the other's arm over his shoulder as his own arm reached around their torso to hold him up. It was clear that his consciousness was starting to slip and fade. A concerned frown spread across the Padawan's features "You better stay with me for a bit longer. I'll take you to the healers at the temple" his voice was low, almost friendly - but even then, it didn't seem like the person he was speaking to was very responsive.

It was sad to see, how much damage the corruption of the dark side could do - had the Ace remained with the light, Mathieu doubted that he would have launched that last attack like he did. With a few quick moves, the Morellian repositioned himself so that he could bend down and pick up his fallen friend's arm and turn off the lightsabre. With those two items, he started to bring Okkeus into position to be carried over his shoulder.

"You're really making me work for this, aren't you?" he asked, looking to the former Jedi's face as it hung before him. His thoughts went to how he remembered Okkeus before the fall to how he remembered Caden before his disappearance. They had lost so much and while it had allowed Mathieu to get a good understanding of the light and dark sides, it was not worth it, not at all. But this - this was worth it. For once more, he was hopeful that his friend could be redeemed. And with that, Mathieu nodded "I don't mind. I just hope to have you back with us again" his words carried a sense of enthusiasm as he started to make his way back to the Temple where Okkeus could receive medical attention and counseling from the Masters. The Padawan had something in mind himself - he wanted to fix his friend's arm. Or rather, give him a new and better one. Hopefully, this would be the start of brighter future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom