Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey Sailor, Need A Lift? (Flight of the Space Cab)

Aaah Lower Coruscant. A refreshing den of deceit, drinking, and loose credits...

And also the home of the one bar that made the best damn Bluesky Buzzers! Jassifa had straddled a stool at the bar, and was happily sipping at the fuzzy blue cocktail (her second of the night). She was waiting on customers. Any customer. Good, bad, whatever. As long as they had the credits to get where they were going, she had the crate to get them there.

The Sephi had also put up an ad on the local 'net, reading:

THE SPACE CAB IS IN PORT.
CEC XS-1200 FREIGHTER HAS ROOM FOR 3-4 PASSENGERS + LUGGAGE
YOU PAY FUEL COSTS, 30 CREDITS FOR A BUNK.
WE GO WHERE YOU WANT TO GO, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
YOU SHOOT ME, I PUSH YOU OUT AN AIRLOCK. NO JAWAS.
COMM CALL L3G54DAY5, SUBJECT -CABBIE PIK-
This was available to whomever was scanning the local logs, either on Upper or Lower Coruscant. That's why she loved this planet. She never had to advertise further than wherever her butt was parked. And her butt was currently moving to a table that had just vacated. She lounged on the booth chair, far too comfortable to move. Even when a small parasite decided to crawl into her lap, its trunk questing for her neck. Jassifa smacked the trunk lightly away with a pink hand. "Not now, Pik. I'm waiting for customers"

The Hoover made a sad, squeaking sound with its nose, padding its hooves softly in Jassifa's lap. It looked more like an agitated cat with the tail on the wrong end at the moment, than a vampiric sentient being. " I'm hungry."

"Well, you'll just have to park your tush and wait, because I need all my blood working in my brain to make sure that we have paying clients. I need to eat. And if I don't eat, you don't eat." Jassifa pet her crewmate with affection, finishing off her drink. She waved down the 'tender for a refresher, kicking back and waiting for any messages to come in. Or, who knows. Maybe someone would stroll up while she waited here.

The best thing about Coruscant. Unpredictability!

[member="Sempra The Hutt"] better be happy. Hauling from Naboo to Coruscant just to meet a pilot woman. People no longer had the right to say he didn't work for what he had given to him. Anyway, he was happy to have got out of those horrid handmaiden's clothes. Those things hurt more than anything he'd ever worn, and that's saying something.

Xander was rocking his regular cowboy hat and long overcoat, he sort of blended with the shadows. Guns holstered at his sides, of course. He didn't know what this chick was gonna do, and he wanted to be ready. The only issue with this manhunt is he had no idea where to start, thus he ended up wondering through the dark streets of lower Coruscant on a wild goose chase.

He'd passed a few posters before he finally noticed the one he was after. The girl'd even left a number. He chuckled, wondering if anyone'd ever taught her basic common sense. You don't leave your number where a hunter can see it, or where anyone can see it to be honest. Anyway, he called up the number thing, waiting for an answer.

[member="Jassifa Pik"]

Jassifa had started in on her third Bluesky when she felt her professional comm start a-buzzing. The Sephi flipped it out of a pocket, and placed it to a long and pointy ear. She prefered the auditory comms to the holograms--it just creeped her out to have random people hanging in the air.

" This is the Space Cab. If you're calling about selling me insurance or a new droid, my voice is a recording. How can I help you?"

[member="Xander Black"]

"Blue Ball Diner, flight to Nal Hutta, order of the Hutts. You do that?"

Xander kept it simple, quick and easy. He was about to deliver this girl's word of "yes" to Sempra if it killed him or not. He chuckled lightly, smiling and he stepped into the diner for a bite or two to eat. He knew he'd have to wait for his ride.

[member="Jassifa Pik"]

She raised her brows, listening with interest while she keyed up the location of Blue Ball. "I certainly can. If you saw the ad, its 'we go where you want to go, no questions asked.' About location, anyway. I will be asking questions about if you can pay for that. " She checked the time. " I'll be there soon."

Jassifa clicked the comm off, hauling herself to her feet. She keyed in to pay for her drinks, her little hoover slinging itself onto the sephi's shoulders. " Hang on tight, Pik. We've got a customer to meet," Jass mumbled, grabbing her cane so she could walk out of the cantina, waving goobye to the bartender.

It would take her some time to snag a speeder and navigate her way through the honeycomb that was Coruscant, but she would arrive in good time. Pik slung about her shoulders, Jassifa glanced around the diner, looking for her contact, [member="Xander Black"] .

Xander stood, staring around the diner. He didn't exactly blend in, let's be honest. He looked like some old cowboy from one of the old movies. He chuckled at the thought, checking one last time if his guns were at his side. Sempra better pay up for this, cause in no-way at all did he have the money to pay this flight. All the way from the deep core to the outer rim, he assumed that'd come to about 4 thousand, possibly five.

Lack of money meant nothing. He was a gambling man, he'd admit. Most bounty hunter's were. If he couldn't pay this chick, the best thing he'd do was play her for a free ride. He tipped his hat to the guy behind the desk, checking again if he was armed. He sigh, everything was where it should be.

Dropping a few credits onto the counter, he slowly walked towards the door, towards what he assumed would be his ride. Nal Hutta wasn't his destination however, he had no reason to go to Nal Hutta. The White Palace was somewhere different, but he wasn't showing that to this "female" until the time was right, or Sempra told him too.

Speaking of Sempra, Xander took a moment. He didn't exactly like the slimeball, but the slimeball was paying him more than enough to cover "debts", and pay off guys that he'd made enemies with. Xander chuckled, he knew one day he'd raise the Bounty League and overthrow the slimy Hutt.

One day.

[member="Jassifa Pik"]

Jassifa only had a moment to glance about before she saw the... cowboy... advancing on her. She did her best to suppress a snort of laughter. The tall Sephi stood a good foot taller than him, so she just smiled down at [member="Xander Black"] 's cowboy hat.

" I'm going to assume you're my potential customer? Let's grab a table and discuss business."

Great... so the spice runner was Sephi, great. He tried to ignore how annoyed he was, and instead lead her through a small back room into a hidden room, if you get me. He removed his hat, ordering a drink from one of the serving droids. This was the gambler's den, always a nice place to discuss things.

"I've told you the deal already love, you take me to Nal Hutta and I get Sempra to pay you when we land" he told her. He was waiting to explain the spice running thing. He left his guns in pure sight, and people seemed to avoid him round here. He had a reputation for being the guy who shot two guys and critically wounded the bartender over a dispute because of one lousy credit. Such a nice guy.

[member="Jassifa Pik"]

Something didn't smell right. Jassifa took her seat, listening to him, her cane resting against her knee. Pik the Hoover remained over her shoulders, though she was paying close attention as well.

"Well see, that's where we have an issue immediately. You pay a bunk up front, and fueling costs as we continue on our way. If there's any damages or stops between here and where you want to go, I'll be billing you extra once those damages are assessed, or as soon as the stops occur. But the bunk and at least one tank of fuel is up front." She crossed her arms, leaning on the table and studying her customer with interest. She'd caught whispers of the reputation of some cowboy, but for all she knew, this was just someone cashing in on that reputation.

" I'm Jassifa Pik. And you are?"

[member="Xander Black"]

Ignore the short and sweet, it just keeps the flow. I don't mind if you want to do do short and sweet as well

He was slightly annoyed with this chick now. She didn't understand the meaning of "tabs", so Xander decided to come out with it. "Love, look. If I was doing this for me, i'd pay up front, but this is for The Hutt. The Hutt want's you darlin, he's heard of your reputation. Now, can we go?"

[member="Jassifa Pik"]

Jassifa's brows raised when she heard his employer. "Sounds interesting. I don't know what he'd want with a cabbie. I literally only ferry people around. However, we won't -get- to Hutt space if you don't pay for the bunk and the fuel up. What exactly has he or she heard of my Reputation?"

[member="Xander Black"]

"I don't know and I don't care. He's after spice dealers, told me to bring you to him." he replied, quietly. Even though this was a gambling room, you still don't want to go admitting illegal crimes.

"How bout this, I pay for a full tank and bunk now, then the rest when we arrive?"

[member="Jassifa Pik"]

" You're barking up the wrong pipe, sir. I don't care that you do want to ship the stuff, but I do care that it would be in my crate."

Jassifa toyed with her drink for a moment, but then moved to stand up.

It was only in the waning hours of the morning that a particular blonde-haired ruffian tromped into the diner for a midday meal. His head hurt, his breath rank of booze and other unpelasantries, and there was an odd twinge to his eyes as he hitched up his pants and tightened his belt. Golden eyes scoured the diner for a quick second, the man seemingly taking a moment to stabilize himself and recover from the hangover of the century.

"Motherkriffer," he groaned. "Hey, boss, lemme grab a seat at the bar or somethin'. You still servin' breakfast or has it swapped to lunch hours?" The greeting and following question were directed towards the apron-wearing Duros behind the bar who was dutifully coating the bar with a cleaning agent before wiping it down.

Peachy red eyes peered up at the pirate who just stumbled into his eatery. "Since you showed up on time, we'll keep up both menus for ya, pal." Another cursory glance, "You look like you need it."

Lok mumbled something in thanks, taking in a deep inhale before coming to rest at the bar. He propped his elbows up onto the counter and let his posture slouch, pleasantly letting his eyes drift over the menus for a moment.

[member="Jassifa Pik"], [member="Xander Black"]

Admittedly, he let her win. He forked over his credits, as unhappy about it as he was. He hoped Sempra'd pay up for this flight, it was his fault he was here anyway. "Lead the way" he told the girl, sighing.

[member="Jassifa Pik"]

Jassifa limped her way to the bar with her cane, setting her glass on it for the 'keep to refill. She glanced over at [member="Lok Jorunn"] , giving him the polite nod of bar counter camraderie. When [member="Xander Black"] came up behind her, she turned around, leaning back against the counter with a bit of a half-smirk.

"Lead the way? Buddy, I don't know what conversation you just listened to, but I rebuffed your advances. The answer to your question is no." She would push her palm away from him in a 'stop' motion, refusing his credits. "It was no questions asked until you started haggling credits. Tell your boss I won't ship his cargo." Pik shifted its hooves, watching Xander intently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom