Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, I Just Met You...

Zuma Sector, Annaj

From the depths of hyperspace surged forth a single vessel, occupied by a single individual. His name was Jacques Cavill, though he preferred to go by Asha when addressing those he did not know. The voyage to this particular portion of space, along the Sanctuary Pipeline and directly to the capital planet of the Fringe Confederation was one born directly of the will of the Dark Side. The young "Heir", or so he called himself, had not the slightest idea as to what he would find on this world; but if the Force beckoned, he would follow. Slowing his vessel, a simple light freighter he affectionately dubbed "Ghost", to a moderate speed, Jacques coasted into the orbit of the world...and as expected, he was immediately hailed by an aerial controller.

He was transmitting neutral, civilian identification codes, but with the Galaxy in the state it was, it was not a surprising fact that the comm built into the terminal beside him erupted with the gruff voice of a Fringe officer. "Attention unidentified vessel, adjust your course to vector 3-2-0. We require an announcement of intent and that you submit yourself to a search upon landing. Over." There was a pause, as the Heir desired to make sure that the officer had concluded speaking, before he responded in accented Basic. "Absolutely good sir, adjusting course now. My name is Jacques Cavill, my intention is to..." he racked his brains for a legitimate reason to be there, "render my unique services to the Fringe Confederation. I will gladly submit to a search upon landing."

With that said, the Heir stayed true to his word and adjusted his heading. In just a few moments time, the vessel descended from the heavens and landed at the appointed port. The engines were silenced, the pilot's chair abandoned, and Jacques made his way out of the rear of the vessel. He was greeted by a small detachment of Fringe personnel who straightway set about searching him and the vessel. They found nothing out of the ordinary. Foodstuffs, water, a strongbox, etc. On his person, they found nothing more than what they regarded as jewelry and a datapad...which was promptly handed over for the sake of identification purposes. The lead searcher browsed the data on the device and found quite the interesting tale; a story of origins, credentials, etc.

However, he was far from a threat, but they still needed to clear this with the upper echelon. As such, the officer radioed the highest ranking person he could think of in order to relay the information.

"Erm...Pardon the interruption Ma'am...But we've got one Jacques Cavill at the port. He's claiming to be the son of an Ashin Varanin; however, he subjected to a search and doesn't have anything out of the ordinary. Should we clear him to enter or do you want him detained?"

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"], @[member="Ashin Varanin"], @Sargon.

The military spaceport on Annaj wasn't normally Sargon's arrival point, in fact normally he never made it to Annaj. The Grand Admiral nearly always ruled from the Chimera in the skies above, and today was simply that odd circumstance that lead him to Annaj. Normally he'd have even taken a shuttle then directly to the Palace, but just once the Grand Admiral happened to be out, and about. Some would call of this coincidence, but Sargon no longer believed in such things anymore.

It was this entire situation which brought him to the starport while a man claiming to be the offspring of Ashin Varanin according to his information was being questioned. With his nearby presence the security had a nearby person they could push this off on, Governor Sargon Vynea. Walking up to the security he wanted to sigh, but it was his job. "Whats the issue, Optio?"

Upon arriving on scene, the security personnel immediately snapped to attention and rendered salutes. Respect and admiration literally bled from them towards their superior officer, so much so that the Heir could all but taste it. This was the sort of dedication and adoration that he craved, and was beyond certain he would obtain once he ascended to his throne...but until then, he had to play the game. When the inquiry was posed by the Governor, the Optio lowered his salute and motioned to the datapad within his hand. The information scrolled by past the political leader's eyes before the officer responded.

"Just a routine visitor sir, says he wants to render his services to the Fringe. Had some interesting 'story' to him, but aside from that he checks out. Just wanted clearance if you wanted to admit him, detain him, or however else you wanted to proceed."

@[member="Sargon Vynea"].

With a raise of his brow Sargon inspected the man before him, and there was something definitely different about him. "Thank you, Optio, I'll take it from here." Closing the distance between him and the volunteer Sargon stretched out his hand to him, "So tell me what are here volunteering to do? Exactly what are you hoping to do here?" He left out the entire name of Ashin Varanin, the Fringe was a place of second chances, and who was he to take this man's away.

@[member="Jacques Cavill"]

"Well met, Sir." came the response of the Optio, who rendered a respectful salute as a farewell before returning the datapad to its rightful owner. This was promptly stuffed into the confines of the Heir's cloak before he instinctively reached out with his left hand. It was embarrassing to say the least, and a habit that he had not quite shaken; but he quickly withdrew his dominant hand and grasped the Governor's palm. There was a brief, firm shake exchanged between the men as Jacques smiled a grin which bled warmth.

"To begin, my name is Jacques Cavill, a pleasure to make your acquaintance good sir." he began, upon releasing the Governor's hand and returning it to his side. "I feel as though it was the Force which led me to the Fringe Confederation this day, and as such the services which I offer to you and your nation are tied to my nature as a wielder of the Force. Wherever you have room for another warrior, gifted with access to the Force, is where I will gladly lend my hand."

With a nod Sargon weighed his words, and beckoned him to walk with him. "Do you believe in the living force? That it guides a man to his destiny then, or do you believe its a tool that is to be used by man?" Stopping he turned to the man and stared him in the eye. It was more then a curious question for him, but there was no wrong answer. "Be honest, all are welcome to the refuge that is the Fringe, but I would like to get to know you before I find the right way for you to serve."

A small smirk came to characterize the Heir's lips. It was not one born of smugness, or his arrogance, but of amusement. The inquiry posed was something that could be answered by his previous statement; yet he decided to cling to tact and humored the Governor in his response. "One would be hard pressed to be led by a Tool, good sir." he began with his tone bleeding with warmth, "I am a firm believer that the Force is alive and presides over all of our lives...it is simply up to us if we heed its call, and the destiny it has chosen for each and every one of us."

And for Jacques, that was control over the Sith Empire. That is what he was born to do, that is what he was bred to do...and that was what he would strive, day and night, to achieve. However, at this very point in time, he would settle for striding alongside the Governor, exchanging banter and "getting to know" him.

With a nod Sargon waved over a soldier, and handed him a datapad. "I see. Well then I suppose you'll be needing training and a master. We have several at the moment within the Fringe, however before I assign you to the Skyguards roster I'd like to know a bit more. Tell me about yourself, I don't care about your past either. I don't want to know the events of your life, but the who of the man before me. Have you received any training with the Force before?"

Walking into a nearby shuttle bay his aide met him the two and gave Sargon another datapad. It never really ended the streams of datapads. You signed a million, looked them over, nodded like it was important, and still they came. Most of them required no reaction whatsoever, but he wasn't willing to take the risk of losing a few important ones to save his eyes from the endless attack of datapads. Looking back up he gave the newest recruit to the reformed Skyguard a chance to answer.

As the heir strode along in step with the Governor, he pondered the best way to answer his inquiry. There was not much that his datapad did not state, and the Optio had done an exceptional job of literally sticking the thing in the man's face. Nonetheless, Jacques ultimately relented to tact once more and humored the man with a full response. "Well, let's see," he began, "there are many warriors in the Galaxy whom wield a vast sum of weapons. Some rely upon the Force. Some rely upon their Sabers. I rely upon my mind, and it is an unceasing quest for knowledge and strength that characterizes my life. Unfortunately, as of this moment, I haven't received any Force training; save only the most basic of tutelage in a single Spell. I do not have a lightsaber, but I have received rudimentary training in Makashi prior to my arrival here."

"All in all, I know I can grow...I just need some assistance."

Sargon's interest was piqued, "Mikashi, the duelist's form, I've yet to fight one who employs it." Shrugging off his coat he handed it to his assistant, and rolled up his sleeves. With a gesture he sent one of his people towards his shuttle. It was becoming a known fact that Sargon employed nearly all ex military for his staff, and this created a very close bond between them all. It also meant they all understood Legionnaire standard battle communication, which included simple hand gestures.

"I think its time we rectified that, to be honest, if you don't mind?" His staff member returned with his shield, and a pair of vibroblades. Strapping his shield on he stretched out a bit, and closed his eyes letting the force flow through him. Relaxing his body he would let the force be his guide in this spar. "Show me your Mikashi, young Skyknight."

SONGSTEEL CHALLENGE: START

It was the definition of unexpected when the challenged was posed;
and the young Heir was sorely surprised.
He did not anticipate to see the Governor as his foe,
as evidenced by the look in his eyes.
Yet, with no other option except to fight,
Jacques took vibrosword in hand and assumed his stance.
He would combat Sargon with all his might,
and prove himself; for this was his only chance.
A calming breath was drawn inside,
and the young Heir began to settle.
He emptied out the distractions in his mind,
and resolved to test the politician's mettle.

The saber was raised up to his brow,
in the typical Makashi manner.
Then with swift footwork he assaulted him now,
for he desired to fly the Fringe's banner.
He initiated his assault with a solid thrust,
poised to impale the man in his heart.
However sadly, his skills were covered in rust,
and were far from a work of art.
The difference between knight and apprentice was tall,
but still young Jacques would fight.
He would not surrender, nor waver at all;
instead he would use all of his might!

The makashi style warrior came in with a thrust his blade aimed towards his chest. Pivoting on his right foot Sargon pushed his shield against the blade to attempt to leave him open. Coming out with the flat of his unactivated sword he swung towards the man's extended arm hoping to get it left extended long enough to score a hit against his arm.

When the Governor raised his shield to receive the blow,
sparks flew as blade's tip struck metal.
The gleam was not that of an impressive show,
and straightway the young Heir backpedalled.
This was due to the shield moving quick,
and thereby extending his arm.
If the young heir did not dodge this hit,
the blade would do minor harm.
So retracting his limb and stepping away,
he put space between flesh and blade.
Yet he would not win by retreating this day,
and so more Makashi he displayed.

His feet were quick on the ground once more,
and he drew back his blade with skill.
However, his knowledge of vibroswords were poor,
and so it was off and unable to kill.
Regardless, his wrist moved in an arc of grace,
and was poised to strike the blade of the Zabrak.
This would hopefully unsettle the pace,
and result in his blade going smack...
across the chest of the Knight.
Of course, this would stop with the shield going back,
and halting his blow with tremendous might.

Moving shield back to the front as his enemy withdrew his arm Sargon gave him a small smile in praise. Watching the young Makashi user he waited for the next swing, and was soon rewarded as he opponent advanced again. This blow seemed aimed at his sword, and while it would simply be stopped at his shield it would also limit his counter quite a bit. Instead he turned his blade as they hit and attempted to slid his own down his opponents vibroblade to strike his hilt. While this wouldn't neccisarily completely stop the blow it would test the mans never.

In return he'd pivot into the blow with his shield in an attempt to do a complete spin, and thrust at the man's sword arm.

This time, the blades met as if they were kin of old,
and once more the sparks flew out into the air.
Yet this time around, the Zabrak was bold,
and relied on substance over flair.
His sword slid down and and met the hilt of the young man,
yet Jacques Cavill's nerve was quite high.
Instead of retreating once more, his ground he would stand,
and aimed to send the Zabrak's sword flying by.
His wrist moved in a quick circular path,
that would catch the hilt and pry it free.
Through this, he would feel Makashi's wrath,
before he backpedalled and fleed.

Of course, he had to step back once more,
and hoped that his tactic had great success.
He had, at least, evaded the shield the Zabrak bore,
and had put his footwork to the test.
There was nothing more the young Heir could do,
than elevate his guard and await his foe.
Just as he stood firm, the breeze blew;
and Jacques wondered how this duel would go...

The blade work of the young man surprised him, and despite his youth apparently had a few tricks up his sleeves. The only mistake he did make at that point was in not pressing his advantage as Sargon's blade hit the floor. His shield bash had saved him from being weaponless against the possible new Skyknight.

Stepping backwards he picked up his blade, keeping his blade always to his enemy. Moving forward again he started circling the man slowly his face just a never broke past his small smile. So far he'd passed this test quite well to Sargon's measure, but the spar wasn't over though he doubted his mind be changed at this point.

Both focus and youthful fire danced within Jacques' eyes,
as the Zabrak began to circle his foe.
To be honest, the youth's mind was filled with surprise,
for he truly did not know how his tactic would go.
Yet, he had managed to send the man's sword into the air,
but had failed to capitalize on the bladeless man.
However, any success mean much to the young Heir,
and now he would continue to impress the foreign land.
The Zabrak had his blade raised: a target for Jacques to strike,
and surging forward the young Heir's blade sang.
His blade sailed through the air with the grace of a Kite,
and metal met metal with a clang.

With Makashi being the chosen form,
his blade was fluid yet quick.
And so the effect was beyond the norm,
for around the blade grinded down for a hit.
It was a fluid thrust, strong and true,
and the young Heir hoped for the best.
Perhaps striking flesh was something he could do,
and thereby he could pass the test.

Again in his shield stance Sargon waited for the oncoming blow as he kept his stance loose. His enemy's thrust this time he met with pure aggression, and pushing forward against the thrust he rotated his shield to push it off to his left. At the same time he brought his sword in blunt side first with his blade he aimed to slap it against Cavill's arm.

Unlike before, the young Heir was met with pure rage,
and it caught Jacques completely off guard.
With the immense strength that came from greater age,
the Zabrak struck the young Heir...really hard!
The flat of the blade collided with his arm,
and Jacques could not do more than yelp.
He quickly and surely backpedalled away from harm,
but did not look for assistance or help.
Instead he regrouped and shook off the pain,
for this duel was far from done.
In fact, from this thropping he was sure there'd be gain,
and now, the young Heir would no longer run.

So he assumed his stance and readied his guard,
and with speed and finesse would counter attack.
Jacques sincerely hoped that he could withstand being hit hard,
so he could make an honest strike against the Zabrak.

Offensive wasn't Sargon's thing he'd been practicing Soresu for some time now, but to test a man required you tested all his abilities. Settling into a relaxed stance with his shield forward Sargon charged forward going for absolute pure force in his shield bash. At the same time his sword came in low against his enemy's thigh flat of the blade first. There was no finesse about this attack it was simply ugly brute force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom