Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey hey

Hey everyone! I've been lurking around here for a little while and really enjoyed what I've seen, so I finally worked up the courage to make an account. It's honestly a little daunting joining a site with a timeline/narrative/etc. as extensive as this one, especially when I'm not super confident about my own creative writing ability. Still, I'm sure it'll all work out.

I've been doing a lot of tabletop RP for a little over 7 years, and I have some forum RP experience as well. I've also been a Star Wars fan forever, so when I came across Chaos it seemed like a perfect fit.

There are a lot of character concepts for all kinds of different RP floating around my head, and I'm hoping can get fleshed out and integrated into what's going on. One idea in particular keeps coming to the fore (creating a Sith apprentice or acolyte and playing through his story), but I'm open to just about anything.

Apologies in advance if I end up asking a lot of simple questions. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the warm welcome. I do have a question about factions and all that. If I wanted a character to be part of a faction, would I just create the character as part of the faction, join it, and then coordinate with others from there? Or could you have a character join as part of the narrative? Is there a usual way to go about it, or is it really just up to each writer how they want to do it?

Greetings! Enjoy your experience here at Chaos! (Man, I just sounded like a hotel commercial.)
Hotel Chaos does sound like a pretty intense place.

The Corellian Sharpshooter
So kind of what you do is you make a character that fits into a faction, or just make a character and have them join a faction. Once you have joined the faction, you can coordinate with others about things that that faction does. You can have your character join as part of a faction narrative; that would be a great way to introduce them. But like you said, it's all up to you. Chaos seems like a LOT at first, but you get used to it.

Riddle Riddle

Dantum pretty much hit it on the head - people do it both ways.

Since you're new here though (and this is just a suggestion), if you do know for sure what faction you want to roleplay with (or what vibe), I'd often recommend talking to people already in the faction when making up your character's background. While it's usually pretty easy to get a feel for what the faction does, there are some minor things that can sometimes trip people up when creating a new character.

For example, it's a classic that a lot of Imperial characters are from Kuat...but Kuat in Chaos history has not been under any sort of Imperial control in a long time (the Galactic Alliance currently holds it). So it might not make sense for that character to have a strong loyalty to Kuat and the New Imperial Order, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom