Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heroes Without Glory (Open)

[member="Zamza Ra'Kira"]

The starport was bustling, Zhar could tell Zamza was slowing his pace so the Whipid could keep up and not loose him. Many figures here were also hooded and around the same size of Zamza.

The ship didn't look too impressive, Zhar noticed it looked like it had seen battle. For someone on run such as Zamza that was not surprising. When Zamza asked if the Whipid heard of the Jedi, Zhar had to pause his thoughts for a moment. Repeating the word to himself, he heard old legends of the Force users from his tribe in his youth. And heard his companions on Kashyyyk mention them very briefly. His knowledge of them was scarce at best. He knew of the Force, an energy that was said to extend to the known galaxy and everything in it. Somehow the Jedi could tap into this energy and manipulate it to do extraordinary things. Move things with their minds, speak to the dead and of course use swords that radiated light.

"I know of them as only legends, I've never encountered one in person. Mystical beings with mysterious powers and a strong connection to the Force. I've heard of their counter parts, the Sith. Essentially anti-Jedi from what I've heard." Zhar thought why Zamza would bring up the Jedi. Legends said they protected the Republic and some of them served as generals in various wars throughout history. "Do they still serve the Republic? I would think mystics would not intermingle with politics."

[member="Kad Tor"] [member="Eliza Steele"] [member="Nara Basaar"]

Disappointingly - in Asmus' opinion anyway - the Twi'lek at the bar hadn't moved to join them. Ah it wasn't the end of the 'verse he decided. Despite looking rather concerned at the strife Asmus remained entirely oblivious to she had an easy smile. Worse ways to spend an evening than in the company of an exceptionally pretty girl with a witty tongue. Or guy, or alien Asmus was relatively relaxed in that matter. A couple of hundred pounds of Mandalorian dropped itself into the free chair beside them.

"Bless you!" Asmus replied, assuming the noise Kad made had been a sneeze. Eyebrows arched upwards as he recognised the face. "Ah big fella!" he exclaimed giving him a jovial slap on the shoulder. "Haven't seen you since Strider's party!" he beamed, without a hint of shame.

The Corellian Rose (retired)
"I didn't get a chance to meet the lady captain. Things were a bit chaotic that day the Merchant Fleet went on the mission with the Alliance, but more power to him," Eliza responded with a sincere tone to [member="Asmus Janes"]'s explanation to whom his uncle was hitching up with.

The petite smuggler's dark gaze peered over to the bar where [member="Nara Basaar"] was still standing. Either the Rutian Twi'lek hadn't noticed the offer to join them or she wasn't interested. Well if the young woman did, that would be great. If not, no harm no foul except dashing Asmus' desire to meet her.

"How about you? Got anyone you're fancying on a regular basis or are you still the love 'em and leave 'em kind these days?"

Steele had just pour herself another glass of whiskey and brought it to her lips to take a healthy sip when a sandy-brown haired Mandalorian plunked down in the chair beside her. What the… The spirited Corellian nearly choked on the alcoholic amber liquid. She didn't know to be excited or upset [member="Kad Tor"] was there.

After the brunette declined his passion-filled yet drunken offer of marriage the night of [member="Strider Garon"]'s birthday party on the Wheel, Steele had distanced herself from him. It had been easy actually as the Force-sensitive Mando had gone off to train,and she threw herself into work. It had been several months since the two past lovers had spoken.

Trying to keep calm, cool and collected, Eliza flashed Kad a lopsided grin like no big deal. Inside though, her heart and gut were churning. "Su cuy'gar, vod'ika. Me'bana?" she greeted in his native language of Mando'a saying hi back and asking what was up. Damn… Why did she have to add that affectionate?! Now, the man will think he still has a hold over her, which was farthest from the truth...

"That was a while ago, young pup. How have you been?" Kad said to the drunk smuggler. He was trying to buy time in how to answer Eliza.

The look on his face suggested everything was fine, but on the inside he was clearly in knots trying to figure this out. From his perspective he didn't want things to be over between them, and he pretty much knew Eliza wasn't going to marry him. Her changed enough in the past few months that a few of the reasons he'd been so forward were actually no longer a factor. The biggest thing staring him in the face about this whole thing was he cared for her still, but knew she was her own woman. She was independent and not about to be tied down. Things had been great when they were just partners, but he had to propose on the fly like that. Ugh he'd been a di'kut.

At least in using the affectionate there was hope, yes? Why was Kad not sure about that then? The thing Kad had come to realize was he never had a hold on the Coellisi, other than what she had let him have. What frustrated him about this whole thing was the one thing which attracted him to her the most. Her fierce independence was a quality which made her exactly what Kad liked in a woman. What his face didn't say about what he was feeling inside, the quick shot he took before answering did. Kad wasn't going to come right out and say he screwed the pooch right with Asmus there, but there was a conversation coming later... maybe... who knew...

"Not much," he said with a smile. "Most of the last several months have been spent learning some new tricks with the force, built a lightsaber, went on a few missions. I took a trip back to Ord Mantell, but..."

Kad looked over to Eliza with the pause then back to his bottle. He contemplated another shot, but not right now. The last time he got drunk it put a wet blanket on things.

"What about you, Liz'ika?

The affectionate was just natural. She's used it, and he followed. Kad still cared despite the fact it had been a few months. Now it was time for another shot.

[member="Eliza Steele"] [member="Asmus Janes"]

[member="Kad Tor"] [member="Eliza Steele"]
Asmus ran one hand through his long hair, as he reached for his glass. The night had barely even begun for the youth, who had yet to learn the true meaning of the word ‘hangover’. He swirled it around the glass watching the way it scalloped at the edges on the bottom. Kairon knew good whiskey. As long as it didn't burn too hard on the way down, Asmus wasn't fussy.

“Eliza I am shocked at such an accusation, shocked and appalled,” he said in a deadpan tone. Emerald eyes sparkled and he threw her a conspiratorial wink.

“Oh I'm so sorry!” Asmus said to Kad. “You were speaking mandalorian! With the din of the bar I'm afraid I just couldn't hear the apostrophes,” he rattled off quickly, covering his previous gaff. “Jedi training eh? What are you doing in a dive like this with a pile of smugglers?” he asked, using the glass in his hand to point to himself and Eliza. For a moment he was concerned he'd spilled it, but then it occurred to him he'd already knocked back the contents.

Wasn't this one with Eliza back at that mando party? Hard to recall, they'd all started headbutting each other before the night was out. Asmus decided to stay silent for a moment, but the notion of leaving the table never even entered his mind. Kad was a good few inches taller than him, handsome too. Nice broad shoulders and a strong jawline. Asmus’ green eyes turned between the two and he entertained a salacious notion at the back of his mind.

[member="Z'Zharen"]

"They are the furthest things from mere legends or simple mystics. I've kept my eyes on the news and delved into them. I've seen videos of what they can do. Incredibly lethal beings though since they serve what I think they refer to as the light they are good." Zamza said approaching the shuttle and typing in the passcode he had gotten from the nautolan earlier. Slowly the ship began the open revealing a large living area and further in the back a room for people to rest and such. "I honestly have no clue who they work for anymore. I heard stories about some controlling a portion of the galaxy while others tell me of them trying to unite. I personally don't delve to much into that information."

Zamza said stepping onto the ship to feel the uneven floor beneath his feet. "Welp even if its not in the best shape it will get us to where we need to go. The room is all yours by the way, I don't need to sleep that often." Zamza said as he walked to the cockpit. The systems seemed almost archaic in design and were more then a challenge to activate. Usually a ship would only need twenty minutes to warm up at the most, this one took close to an hour. "Blasted ship." Zamza growled. If he hadn't been so cheap he could've probably bought a much better one to leave in. Beggers couldn't be picky though.

[member="Zamza Ra'Kira"]

As the boarded the archaic looking vessel, Zhar took in a deep breath through his nostrils. He held the air in his chest for a few seconds before exhaling. Relief. He had thought he might have forgotten the feeling. "An ungreeable group of mystics with different views and factions. I could see how a group such as the Sith are formed if they see the core of their foundation...hypocritical."

"Controlling parts of the galaxy, I've never heard any legend of the Jedi taking up titles as rulers." The Whipid heaved forward into the ship, the metal floor creaked with the extra weight of the Whipid applying pressure to it with each step.

"When you drop me off into Republic space, where will you go Zamza?" The Whipid looked around until he found a piece of furniture that looked sturdy enough to hold him. He gripped his staff as he eased backwards onto the booth like chair. The cushioning was not the most comfortable thing in the universe, but it was palace luxury compared to the bundles of straw Zhar had slept in the past few years.

He felt comfortable enough to sit down, but he did not let go of his staff. Old habits even if Zamza could be fully trusted. The Whipid tugged the wagged cloak off of himself. Revealing scorch marks on his arms, lash marks on his chest and back. Minor cuts and old scars covered his torso and the front of his chin.

[member="Z'Zharen"]

"Well everything is up for interpretation don't you agree? While some can read one sentence and see one thing others can read that very same line and come away with a different mindset." Zamza said as he let the engines warm up and spun in the captain's chair to look at Z'Zharen. Finally now that they were alone Zamza pulled down his hood revealing his completely cobalt hair. Shaking it free before smoothing a hand through it. Even beneath the hood his hair had remained styled the exact same way. "I wouldn't say their tenants are for me personally but they do make sense for quite a few of them. However it was only a suggestion." Zamza said with a shrug. "As long as you don't go off to become a bloody Sith I'm fine with you."

Noticing the scars on the Whipid, Zamza turned and began digging through the compartments in the cockpit till he came up with a medkit and tossed it to Z'zharen. "You know I've never heard of it either, but I don't think they're rulers. I'm not to sure myself. Though I don't plan on digging to deep." Zamza felt a pang of regret for Z'zharen as he looked at the scars. He himself had never had that many and it was obvious that the whipid had endured some extreme harships.

"I honestly have no clue where I'll go next. I can't stop running till those that are after me either think I'm dead or I kill them. The latter is impossible for me to do, so I'll settle for faking my death if one of the bounty hunters I run into make it real." Zamza said with a scoff. "However there are tales about some type of resistence I heard about in the outerrim. May lend my help out there for a bit."

[member="Zamza Ra'Kira"]

Zhar caught the med kit without looking at it, his mind deep in thought. "Don't pity me. Some of these are due to my own...stupidity. When you're as big as I am, it's sometimes easy to underestimate an opponent. Especially one who is armed. Each scar is a lesson, a reminder to stay on guard." The Whipid flicked the medkit opened with his large thumb, he saw some cooling gel. That would ease the burning in hand and arm where he took a direct surge of electricity.

"Thank you," The Whipid said as he tossed the closed medkit back to Zamza. "I heal quickly, always have even as a youngling." He applied the dab of gel across his arm and rubbed his large three fingered hands together. "I doubt I am Sith, even less so a Jedi." After applying the cooling gel, Zhar felt the tingling sensation on the right side of his body, the cool feeling working from his hands to his arm and shoulder. It was the most cold he felt since his time on Toola, almost 4 years ago.

"What does this resistance fight against? Faking your own death sounds better than a life of constant fighting...though truthfully at this point in my life I dont know much else except to fight."

[member="Z'Zharen"]

"Pity is a natural emotion for one to show another. Just because you made a mistake does not mean you should suffer for it. Especially not in combat. Sometimes things can move so fast that you don't even know whats happening." Zamza said motioning for the whipid to continue on. "Use it all if you need to. I'll stock up on more later." Zamza said with a nod.

"I wouldn't say that you're not a jedi." Zamza said in a low tone wondering if the hints he had been throwing the whipid had been flying over his head. "There is something special about you, plus you seem like a good enough person to be willing to help those that need it." Zamza said as the engines finally purred. "Aw about time." Spinning around his hand flew across the console as he typed on the console before grabbing the steering yolk and guiding the shuttle out the spaceport. "Say goodbye to Nar Shadaa! We're free!" Zamza said sending his credentials to the docking station so they could allow him to leave.

"The resistance fights against the First Order. Some group of imperialistic minded nerf-herders. There's another called the galactic alliance that fights the Sith, however I feel s though The Resistance needs me more."

[member="Zamza Ra'Kira"]

Zhar contemplated on Zamza's words. He felt almost immobilized to sit down and actually rest. "Perhaps, before going to the Republic. I could join you, to see about this Resistance. I know not of the first order, but I'd at least like to scope and explore the galaxy a bit. I think that is the wise choice for now, until I know where I need to go I must learn as much as I can." The Whipid smirked at his own thoughts, "Plus, if anyone could use a fighter for a good cause this Resistance sounds about right."

Zhar pondered a moment, thinking about if that was the right thing to do with his freedom, fight for complete strangers of whom he has no idea what oppression they've faced if any at all. No, his first mission was to help himself, otherwise he would not be able to anyone else. Republic Space.

"On second thought...I think we should stick to our current course to Republic Space, someday I'm sure our paths will meet again. I cannot thank you enough for your generosity"

The Corellian Rose (retired)
Steele kept her hands on her glass to keep her nervousness in check. Being around [member="Kad Tor"] again, hearing how her name rolled off his lips was melting the petite smuggler's stubborn resolve to stay away from the ruggedly handsome Mando.

"Ahh, well good for you. It has been something you wanted to do in the past," Eliza nodded, then took another sip of the amber-colored spirit as the brunette paused to think of what to tell him.

"Me? I've been making non-stop runs. Business has picked up with all the changes going on with the factions rising and falling. Charlie did say you had stopped by the Afterburner… He said there was no message left so I didn't feel the need to follow up. Was there something you wanted?"

The spirited Corellisi's dark gaze then met [member="Asmus Janes"]', who's emerald one flicked from her to the sandy brown-haired beskarsmith with a look of… longing? Gods… He wasn't thinking what she thought he was thinking, right?! Steele did not swing that way and didn't think the Mando'ad did either, or at least she was aware of.

"Janes… Down boy. Don't even think of going there," Eliza stared him down. "Why don't you hit on that Twi'lek up close and personal. I don't think she caught on to your invite."

[member="Nara Basaar"]

[member="Eliza Steele"]

"What?" Asmus replied incredulously, grinning from ear to ear. He was never one to stumble once he'd got into his stride. "Honestly, you keep making these wild accusations Steele! However..." he said looking back to the bar. "...thank you very much for graciously offering to buy me a drink. I'm afraid it seems I'm destined elsewhere," he said, sliding from his chair.

"Of course, I'll still be at the bar if you want to catch up later in the evening," he added with the quirk of an eyebrow. "Same offer to you muscles," he added in a much lower tone as he stepped past Kad.

Why would Kad have left a message when Charlie had pretty much let the Mando'ad wasn't really looking to hear from him. Eliza also knew what Kad wanted, and she was playing hard to never get again. The sandy haired goran was about to try and answer in a way which would keep [member="Asmus Janes"] in the dark about what was really going on between them, but that's when Asmus also decided to interject. He was always interjecting, so drunk that he never paid attention to the fact he was always asking questions, but jumping in without giving people ample time to reply. This time, he was so drunk that Kad could have sworn he was checking him out too. That was enought to creep out the an jag.. It seemed the guy wanted something that was never going to happen.

[member="Eliza Steele"] pretty much did a good job of shutting that one down while Kad pretty much looked at the bottle of whiskey and poured himself another shot. He took it as the young smuggler walked back ignoring the invitation to join him later if he wanted to "catch up." The only person Kad was interested in catching up with in the moment was Eliza. Seeing her again, hearing her voice, sharing Corellian whiskey with her, it all brought back some really good memories. To be honest, Kad wanted those memories to be a reality again, and if that meant they could only be lovers the so be it. It was better than not having Eliza in his life at all. There were certain parts about Kad's heritage as a Mandalorian which were not fitting into his life it seemed.

"Was there something I wanted," Kad asked when Janes was completely gone. "C'mon Lizzy, you and I both know why I was there. I wanted to get a drink from the Corellian Rose and catch up," he said using Asmus words, though left out the saucy drunk look. Kad still shuddered at being called muscles by that kid. "He called me muscles," Kad said with a look of disgust.

Yeah, he needed another drink to wash that one away. With the kid gone it was seeming a little awkward, and there was certainly a large bantha in the room. Kad was up to about four shots now, but he'd also learned a few tricks to keep himself sober longer. The beauty of the force, and not just pounding back the whiskey all the time either.

"You look good, Lizzy. Seems like things have been going well for you then?"

[member="Z'Zharen"]

His ears perking up at the mention of Z'Zharen joining the Resistance, Zamza was actually excited for just a bit. Having another join him in combat would certainly be more then welcome, but for him to drag someone else into a fight that they didn't need to be in just left a sour taste in his mouth. What if the whipid died in the first fight. Without being able to explore his potential or was critically wounded. Zamza would never be able to forgive himself. Especially not after befriending Z'Zharen. He had lost one friend in his youth at the hands of the ones that oppressed him, and he had no intentions of loosing another. So opening his mouth to try and talk the whipid out of it Zamza heard Z'Zharen change his mind. With a sigh of relief he felt the ship rock as they exited Nar'Shaddaa's atmosphere.

"YEs I'm sure we will meet again one day." Zamza said as he activated the hyperdrive and as a humming filled the ship he pulled the lever rocketing him and the whipid into hyperspace. The stars blurred alongside the ship soon becoming solid beams of light. "To Republic space!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom