Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here There Be Monsters | CIS Dominion of Alakatha

New_Project_9.png

[member="Cypher Raige"] || [member="Kurenai Yumi"] || [member="Lahmia deWinter"] || [member="Alden Akaran"] || [member="Kathryn Foster"]

Something was wrong.

The transport wasn't fleeing, no trace of the panic they usually saw in these civilian crafts, begging to be robbed. As they began to board, Karen quickly realized what the problem was.

They were under attack.

Desperate now, Karen tried to signal her first mate. Looking at her radar, she went to plot an escape through the asteroid field, but between the attacking ships and the space debris, such an escape would probably be suicide. Grabbing her comm and switching to an open channel, not caring if her attacker would hear too, she signalled:

"We will not go down without a fight."

Nodding to her first mate, she left the command center and made for her private chambers. In the back of her room, Karen made use of the preparations she had made for this exact situation. And so, with a pile of doubloons and a single person escape pod, Karen abandoned ship.

No honor among pirates.

New_Project_9.png
Objective: 2 (Seven Seas)
Tags: [member="Cypher Raige"] | [member="Lahmia deWinter"] | [member="Kathryn Foster"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

So be it.

The fleeting thought dashed across the forefront of Alden’s mind as a message burst out across one of the communications channels proclaiming they wouldn’t be done in without a fight. But, would this be much of a fight? The vastly superior technology and firepower of the Confederacy was sure to make short work of the contingent of just three lone vessels, was it not? Nevertheless, Alden had spoken his instructions to them and made it as clear as he could that there was no scenario in which they stood a chance of coming out victorious. He’d checked the boxes on his list so that he would not be later tried for war crimes in reparations to any law of armed conflict or rules of engagement. Instead, his hand had been forced to this. Forced to conflict and engagement of an adversary that very well could have made things much simpler.

He turned on the bridge and waved a hand, signaling his communications officer once again. Moments later a link was established between the Confederate ships across the military channels. “You have your orders. Engage the hostiles. Their engines and weapon control sensor should be your primary target. Aim to disable and apprehend, not to kill if it can be avoided.” As his words would come to a close, the channel would fall to silence. His attention then turned toward the operations officer. “Engage the enemy. Fire all port side ion batteries and focus shields port side as well. Let’s make this quick, shall we?”

“Yes, Sir!” It was the only words to brush past the lips of the junior officer as he began publishing the High Marshall’s orders.

Mere seconds later, a cacophony of pale blue ionized plasma found itself hurtling through the void of space. Rock and ice fragmented and shattered as the stray round or two would strike the lone asteroid unfortunate enough to stray into its trajectory. Still, though, there was a myriad of bolts blasting across the field and likely those would be joined by the support of their brothers and sisters launched from the accompanying fleet of the Confederacy. This petty dispute and lawlessness would soon end, the criminals apprehended, and Alakatha liberated of this scourge against its sovereignty.

Aspen Dray

A
Tags: [member="Krystal Estain"]

Aspen could feel her eyes wandering over him. The Zeltron was pretty adept at knowing when a woman was checking him out. It was only natural to his kind, and the empathy which came to his species naturally. She seemed to find him good looking enough, which was a good thing. As Aspen let his eyes wander slowly over the woman who was to be his date, he came to the same conclusion. Krystal was fine specimen of her gender. Aspen liked what he saw.

A genuine laugh escaped him when she coughed and put the rest of the drink to the side.

"Sorry about that... Zeltrons like their drinks as strong as they like their women to be pretty."

It was a cheesy thing to say, but Aspen had learned sometimes cheesy was the best way to go. His mind was focused on getting everything he could out of this date. It was not often he agreed to be being set up, but for the sake of a friend Aspen had agreed. That simply meant Aspen was determined to have as much fun as was possible with a total stranger. Nothing about this bothered him at all.

"I am not from this place, no. You could say I get around, never stay one place too long. When I start to get bored it is a good sign that I need to move myself along."

There was no way Aspen was going to admit he was running from the rest of Dothan's gang after his father killed the man. Krystal did not need to know about that part of his past yet. This was one date, and it might only ever be one date. Surface level was the best approach to the relationship at the moment.

"What about you, where are you from," he asked as he waved the bartender over. "Get this lovely woman whatever she wants."

New_Project_9.png

Tactical Disposition: Defenses Raised, Weapons Armed
Tag: [member="Cypher Rage"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Alden Akaran"] | [member="Kiff Brayde"] | [member="Kathryn Foster"]

This... 'Alden' enjoyed conversing with the foe considerably. Lahmia, however, was far more taken with imagining what was about to follow as she gaze out the window on her bridge. "Fire torpedoes," the red Queen cried. "Let loose the batteries. Clear the void of rabble so that their shields and hulls may take the brunt of it." The fiend's black lips pulled back in a fang-filled grin as her green eyes watched the growing display of a silent lightning storm in space. The worst part about space combat was not hearing the cries or lamentation of your victims. She doubted the others of the Confederacy would understand. Few of this galaxy seemed to.

"Ion cannons, fire. If they hast fighters, let 'em cry helplessly in the void and fill their comms with hurlyburly." Lahmia drew both of her hands behind her as she fought the urge to gouge the banister before the window with the clenching of her fingers. There'd been some report about the Confederates desiring the pirates to live or some nonsense. To this she snorted and called back absently, "Let 'em pray they play dead apace." After all, there was no sport when the prey did not fight back. Though if they were within arm's reach playing dead would not be a sound strategy; fortunately these creatures were well outside of the reach of her fangs.

The matter of surrender and the acceptance therein would be a task delegated to Alden to oversee. Lahmia hadn't the stomach for it. To listen to the weak creatures beg for their lives to be spared... It was a notion she only entertained if the enemy demonstrated intellect or skill worthy of salvaging. She had no such expectations here, and so their death was the best outcome from where she stood.

pink23.png

[member="Cypher Raige"] || [member="Lahmia deWinter"] || [member="Alden Akaran"]

Karking Confederates.

Karen swore to herself as she watched her carefully builded and cloaked ships explode into space debris and fireworks. Cloaked with all that remained of her Stygium, for the Confederates had certainly stolen that too [see below!] she pounded her head on the back of her seat as she fell further from her fleet. This would not be the end. It would not be. So Karen opened the final transmission she had received from her husband, and punched a set of coordinates into her nav system. The message, aside from the string of numbers, simply read:

31725ec8a764146c779ff4779cffced7.png

86d18f9290996bd2321ba1b24959f3d5.png

pink23.png
Though the evening grew darker, the atmosphere on Alakatha had lightened significantly. Once more, the bars and restaurants were filled with patrons and the sounds of laughter and drink, bringing hope back to those who depended on the tourists for their livelihood and bringing friends together -- and the perhaps with some, a chance at something more. The source of the pirate's valuable crystals had been located, cleared of the criminals, and looted returned to Alakatha. And at the end of the night, fireworks seemed to streak across the sky in celebration -- for indeed, the burning space debris was reason enough. The pirate's short-lived reign of terror on Alakatha had been ended, and the Confederacy had brought peace and prosperity to yet another nation.
pink23.png
Thus ends the Confederacy's story on Alakatha, but yours certainly does not need to! Play to your heart's content below and explore what the nightlife has to offer, or perhaps you have a need for the treasures that have been left behind -- if [member="Xobos Yakieer"] has not already stolen all that is left, of course. Above all, don't forget -- drink away, for it is all on Darth Metus' royal credit card tonight!

New_Project_8.png
Objective: 3
Tags Out For Harambe: [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]
header6.png

Something was approaching from behind her.

Should she be concerned? Probably, yes.

Was she concerned? Well, she'd just gotten settled. And the malt liquor in this flask was starting to give her a mild buzz. On top of which, Kory was going to need a minute or two to extract her backside from the position that she was in now. So, she opted to just continue drinking.

"Breathe if you have to, but don't MOVE!"

Lowering the flask from her lips, the old woman gave a shrug to the voice that was speaking from behind her. "Dear, I've got two artificial hips that are both out of warranty and a knee that's needed a replacement since before you were born," the woman announced candidly. Particularly after getting into a knock-down-drag-out with a bunch of pirates. "Moving at my age is nothing short than a miracle."

She took another sip.

"...and breathing, well, when you're ninety, you take nothing for granted."

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
fl64Oaj.png

Equip: A company (100) of B.O.B.
Wearing: Armor
Tagging: Korynn Sol-Syna and Xobos Yakieerhttps://starwarsrp.net/user/20689-xobos-yakieer/

"........." Yes, ahe were drop jawed and dumbfounded.
The blond had one of those moments where the mind is said to go blank. Although it didn't as it were suddenly shocked. That voice...That voice she hadn't heard for like ages...6-7 years. But she recognized it. The hair now, the woman's disposition and confidence...

"...A...Aunty Sol?" She managed to get out what sounded like a a little girl's voice. Only it weren't meant to come out that way...it were from fond memories of her Jedi mentor.

A master Jedi whom had helped Karlie through her darkest times.

Upon Karlie becoming separated from her mother Karla whom was discovered to be none other than Darth Rigor Karlie had been left with a void in her life and within the folds of the force. Her mother unbeknownst to anyone had been priming Karlie as her apprentice to one day when Karlie were of age to take over her body. Darth Rigor had transcended through the eons of time in that manner; produce daughters and then take over their bodies. Fortunately for Karlie by age 6, her mother Karla had been discovered whom she really were and in an ensuing Civil war on Castagne, had been defeated..slain by Karlie's father, Tarssin.

But upon her mother's death, the force spirit/ghost of Rigor soon started to haunt the little girl, trying to reclaim what it had lost...
It were her father whom had asked [member="Korynn Sol-Syna"] to help Karlie resist these haunts. And the Master jedi did, with Jedi teachings and meditation. But that were the extent of Karlie's Jedi teachings as her father had forbade any saber and Jedi fighting skills. Karlie was highly force sensitive, like her sith mother had been. It weren't till Karlie purged herself of midis as a young adult that the Master Jedi's skills were no longer needed to help Karlie resist the nightmarish haunting.

But since the age of 6 till she were a young adult, Karlie had become fond of her jedi teacher Korynn. Had come to refer to her as her aunt, for Korynn were the only female influence she had growing up.

The brush behind her suddenly rustled, drawing Karlie out of her stupor and shock. Her hand, that fist she had help up for her battle droids to hold had unconsciously dropped.
"Gasp...no, HOLD!!" She screamed. Not at her old mentor, but to her 3 battle droids who were about to follow through with what appeared to be Karlie dropping her fist to engage.

The three droids immediately stopped, short of charging the elder woman.

[member="Korynn Sol-Syna"]

It's one of life's mysteries, sir...
0m5dXM4.png

Location: Space, circling around CNV Dias and the rest of the task force.
Wearing: Flightsuit
Loadout: LBP-3 light blaster pistol, vibroblade, survival medpac.
Tags: [member="Alden Akaran"], [member="Kiff Brayde"], [member="Lahmia deWinter"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Cypher Raige"]

''Copy that!''

Horizon One replied shortly over the comms back to CNV Dias. The two sentient pilots steered their ships past the pirate fleet, but kept a well enough distance to stay out of friendly fire. They would be an easy target even for an untrained pirate crew, if they were hit by the ion cannons. They were one of the 'T-wings' weaknesses, a single blast could disable the advanced bird and leave it to its fate.

The advanced sensor suite of the T-77 picked up something leaving their foe's fleet, a small craft heading away from the battle in a haste.

''Sir?'' she begun transmitting to the bridge of CNV Dias, keeping an eye on the distant spot. ''We've picked up something abandonning the pirate fleet and heads off from their position, possibly an escape craft of some sort... Sensor's show lifeforms in it. Intercept and apprehend?'' she continued and gave an suggestion on how to carry on, the idea just popped up in her mind.

jqFRY3k.png

Objective: BYOO
Tags: [member="Damsy Callat"]

Jepei1u.png

Hearing the story of what happened on the planet straight from Damsy’s mouth caused her to look back out to the ocean, while nodding as the details come to light. She knew that the woman had struggled to complete the climb whatsoever, though how much she struggled really didn’t come to light until after Luna had called it off. Of course, she had gotten a list of those that had been put on medical leave of some sort after the test on Mustafar, but to see Damsy’s name on there had shocked her a little bit.

Though the more she had thought about it, the more it made sense that the woman had struggled. She wasn’t built for the environment whatsoever. Many of the commandos weren’t. That didn’t stop the redhead from sighing lightly before turning to damsy, with a slightly sad smile on her face. “You know that what happened on Mustafar wasn’t your fault, right? We shouldn’t have been in that environment. Period.” She hoped that she was reassuring the woman, though she had never been good at these types of talks.

Jepei1u.png

As the Mandalorian listened to his child spill her heart and soul about some boy, his mind wandered to thoughts of his beloved. If [member="Safira Varad"] was present, there was no doubt in his mind that she would be twisting the young woman's arms for all the details. Excitedly. They probably would bounce up and down and celebrate her first crush. Everything in Isley wanted to go hard in the opposite direction. Was it a part of growing up? Absolutely.

But maybe there was some small part of the Mandalorian who didn't want his little gunslinger to get older. He held his peace for several moments, nodding along as she briefly recounted the story of her meeting and reuniting with Damien.

"I see." he began, pausing only to take a swig of his frosty beverage. "So you two are together then? I doubt I need to have the talk with you or anything, but I will give you pointers about men." He leaned against the counter ever so slightly, mulling over his words. "Be...careful Kaia. You're young, you're infatuated, you're riding high and touching the sky. I don't know this guy, so I won't make assumptions about his character. But men? Overall? We can be right trash but look like gold. Be careful. Please."

With the warning out of the way, he exhaled. It took everything in him to muster a smile. "Have you told your mother about him? And when are you next seeing him? Don't worry, I'll make sure we're not even on the same planet when you do."

That was a damn lie.

[member="Kaia Verd"]

will you sink down to me?
jqFRY3k.png
Form: Humanoid Tag: [member="Luna Terrik"]
"Permission to speak freely?" It was phrased as a question, but Damsy didn't see any reason she would be denied - they both were in civvies, reclining in the beach sand, after all. So she just continued on. "Which is all well and good, but fat lot o' good that sentiment did me. Is doing. Hell, will do." Damsy tore her eyes from Luna, but not before the redhead might have noticed some of Damsy's own saltwater welling in her eyes. Hastily, Damsy wiped at it and then her nose, sniffing. "Next time, it won't be a drill, we won't have an 'easy' out," she air-quoted that, "and I'll--" As her naturally-raspy voice began to break even further, she stopped herself.

Swallow. Try again. Calmer this time. "I'll be damned if I get someone killed on another assignment like that..." After a moment, she added softly, "...because of what I am." She looked up quickly from where her gaze had drifted into the sand and the Dauntless logo she had doodled in it. "I want to fix this, General. Can I take some updated training leave?"

[SIZE=9pt]As her father began speaking once more Kaia fell silent, for her respect was a huge deal for the young woman, anyone could solve most problems with a blaster however there were few that did not have to draw a weapon to solve them, Kaia was one of those people for she respected all and listened to what everyone had to say before speaking. As her father posed the question if they were together the doe eyed girl nodded gently.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]It was then that her father recognized her as capable of handling her own affairs. When he began to give her pointers she smiled, knowing he cared more than he would let on, for she was his little princess who could just coincidentally kill most sentient beings without a problem, however this was a complete different matter, one of the heart which is the most sensitive part of the body, so easily broken and yet so hard to repair. As she was given the pointers she saw where her father was going with this, she recalled one of the oldest stories she had been told, that of a young man named Icarus, given bronze wings by his father, flying around Icarus got over confident with his abilities and flew to close to the sun causing him to fall to his death. Kaia would not be that young man.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As her father took a breath the young woman responded “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]I understand father I will be careful, I remember the story of Icarus, I will be careful as I continue on.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” It was then her father asked her if she had told her mother, she had not for she had not found it important enough to tell her in the short amount of time they were together at one time. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]I have not father, and I do not yet know we are going to set it up soon though. I was hoping that you and mother would meet him because I would like the three most important people in my life to meet[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt].” She finished taking another drink.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt][member="Isley Verd"][/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom