Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Her Will Be Done

Resurgent Narrative

R
wPjFsae.png
Governance Row.
Avalonia, Dosuun.
A characteristically cold and dreary evening in Avalonia. Rain accompanied a rather dour mood, but within the Avalonian Citadel, it was anything but dour. The Citadel was as busy as it had ever been since it had been built. A meeting between the Moff Council and Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan the Supreme Leader had started. Ariel gave a nod toward Gunnar Madine to ensure the doors were locked, a final sweep to ensure the room was secure. In attendance, Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas on behalf of the First Imperial Medical Services, as both Benitez and Marasigan were away from Dosuun attending to matters on Mephout and Seoul. Knight-Commander Marionne had been pulled away along with Knights Varick and Firenne to Skye, leaving Otzdrava Velexia the Stormtrooper-turned-Imperial Knight to represent the First Imperial Knights proper.
Once the room had been secure, Moff Yvarro produced a small datastick from her pocket. She uploaded information to the local holoterminal, attached was the holoprojector that displayed the map of the 'home sector' and the surrounding systems. "We're all here, or at least, those of us who are on time," she began as the upload finished, "presented the map of our home sector, consisting of Dosuun, Seoul, Mephout, Needan, Qeravert IV and Gilaria."
"The First Order Corps of Imperial Engineers have begun construction on several more shipyards within the home sector, and are moving forward with plans for a new scientific space station to be somewhere between Dosuun and Qeravert IV." Ariel navigated the holoprojector's image with a small laser pointer. "As indicated in a previous meeting, phase one consists of the systems here, phase two will be there and include the system that you have been working on, Lieutenant Colonel Madine." The map now zoomed out to display the sectors in question. "Phase three will round out our buffer zone, for a lack of a better phrase."
"Now then, with the collapse of the Outer Planets Alliance - a large swath of territory has opened up, including many systems that the First Order once had dominion over." Ariel used the pointer to the interface with the projection and highlighted the numerous systems and worlds. She then overlaid the old First Order's territory on the map, "obviously we have a lot of work to do, there is a lot to consider both economically speaking, and of course infastructure, security - but, I believe with the right plan we can achieve this, that we can once more be a prominent power within the galaxy."

skin, bone, and arrogance
After the final security sweep of the room was completed, the Supreme Leader entered, flanked by two of her 'Horsemen'. They surveyed the room briefly before turning to leave, taking up positions as sentries outside the door. With the room sealed, Natasi walked deliberately around the display, moving to take a position opposite the door, the position of authority in such an occasion. Natasi clad herself in a sleeveless tailored black dress that went to the knee and a matching jacket, slightly cropped with an asymmetrical closure. Not exactly Galidraani in style, but she was a long way from home, and had to dress for practical applications. She stood tall and statuesque in her high-heeled shoes, with her hands clasped before her, the three-quarters sleeves exposing her wristwatch on one hand and a delicate platinum bracelet on the other.

She had wanted to look regal and imperial, but without looking like she had dressed to look regal and imperial. No crown, no tiara, not even a hat.

Her dark eyes locked with Ariel's for a moment. She gave an imperceptible nod, then when her cousin's presentation began she followed along, her gaze alert and responsive. "An ambitious plan," she declared when Ariel had concluded. "And one that we are no doubt capable of achieving. We have some ground to cover, but we must be strategic — as I believe we are here." She nodded to the map overlaid on the projector.

"But one question, if I may. My briefing boxes have mentioned significant shortages of resources required to continue a build-out of our military capital. I see that there are some worlds in the path of our expansion that can assist with that. Have we conducted any surveys of lesser known worlds along these routes that we can exploit? Asteroid belts, moons, uninhabitable worlds that we can strip with minimal impact on sentient life?" Her dark gaze fell upon Ariel again.

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

Wearing: XxX.
Tagging:
Resurgent Narrative ~ Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan ~ Ariel Yvarro ~ Gunnar Madine ~ Otzdrava Velexia ~ Renata Westaway

K5JF1aO.png

She had arrived perfectly on time, clad in one of her fine suits: black with grey accents and the pins of the First Order's emblem and the FIMS insignia placed upon the left lapel of the blazer. A matching necklace and ring were the only things giving a touch of color, red, to the discreet and elegant outfit. Her hair was pulled back in a braided bun, keeping it away from her face which as usual sported that neutral and slightly aloof expression that was her natural resting state. A small, black and unassuming briefcase was in her hand, and as soon as she had taken her sit, she produced two datapads from it.

Fevris was here to represent the First Imperial Medical Services department in the absence of her superiors, Commanders Marasigan and Benitez, and although she was already well known for her diligence and work ethic - this meant she saw this meeting and her performance in it as something of upmost priority. The Supreme Leader, as well as the Moffs and representatives of all the divisions of the empire would be present to discuss the path moving forward now that Natasi Fortan sat once more at the head of the First Order.

As the holoprojection of the home sector and the surrounding regions came up, the deep blue gaze of the Doctor followed the pointer while listening to Moff Yvarro's explanation. Her fingers skimmed the surface of the datapads, making sure to put down the relevant information for the presentation she would later prepare to brief the rest of the FIMS authorities of that which was discussed in the meeting.

As more planets returned to the embrace of the empire, FIMS would have to expand and adapt accordingly, working alongside the planetary healthcare authorities and often pushing to renovate and re-equip established facilities. The logistics were not easy, specially when it came to securing the needed resources and supplies to do so. As the head of one such company that provided said elements, she knew the struggle that was meeting the required demands well.

It was because of this that Natasi's question easily drew in every ounce of attention that Fevris had to give. After all, more resources would not only benefit the military but all enterprises as a whole, more production and available resource translated into less of a headache in regards to organization and management.

Ariel Yvarro

A
Governance Row
Avalonia, Dosuun
Ariel quietly took off the black moff's coat and set it on the back of a nearby chair. Shortages, shortages had been a constant problem they were growing faster than their production levels could keep up with. She hit a wall with Primo Victoria and Aurora Industries when both Ryssa and Taeli cut her off, and forced Ariel to look elsewhere for materials. Dosuun was a breadbasket, but as far as materials for buliding anything beyond a feast? At the moment they were scarce, the Fall of Dosuun destroyed what capabilities it had to produce metal. Then she recalled Lady Valessia Creed's offer of assistance, Ariel batted the thought away.
Instead she focused on the questions her cousin had not only asked but no doubt expected an answer for. "In short? No." Not the answer Natasi would want, but there was a silver lining. "The long answer, it's been planned - we've been waiting for and should be expecting several new ships, along with tech to conduct the surveys with soon." There had been a delay in getting around the certain parts of the galaxy and avoiding any bureaucracy. "Once everything arrives, we can begin our expeditions beyond the home sector."
"However, recon teams and other assets have been dispatched to better assess, the status of those living on the worlds in expansion phases one, three, four, five and six. Teams have already set foot within phases one and three, and are still en route to systems in phases four through six." Ariel rotated the map to highlight the systems. "Fortunately, we still have old assets here, and here, old First Imperial Medical Stations, the surviving Galidraan Stations and the like. Many of them are inclined to rejoin the First Order, but of course, require aid in return."
A knock at the door from the guards interrupted any train of thought Ariel had. She approached the doors where the guards announced Orum Berik. Ariel gave approval and took a step back as the Director entered the room. "Director Berik, a pleasure, Director Berik may I introduce Lt. Colonel Madine, Knight Velexia, Dr. Derzelas, and you are familiar with the Moff Council and of course, Her Majesty."

Orum Berik

O
"Indeed", the Director intoned, as his eyes swept the room. "It is a pleasure to be in the fold among comrades, once more. And of course, it is good to see Her Majesty." Meaning, the good Director was done playing possum- well, in an unofficial capacity, at the very least. Ariel Yvarro had proven herself capable in his eyes; he had followed the careers of the good Lt. Colonel and Dr. Derzelas with great interest respectively; he respected the knowledge of the Force Knight Velexia brought to the table; liaising with Moff Renata's office (in an unofficial capacity) was always straightforward; and Natasi was like him- old school. Agent Vantoon and FIMS had verified that woman in front him was the Natasi Fortan, and that's all Berik needed. It was good to have quality allies once more.

"My apologies for my tardiness- there were security operations in the Home Sector that required my...personal attention. The Dosuun Hegemony insurgency has by and far been...liquidated for lack of a better term"- a facsimile of what could be considered amusement played across his face as he stared at Moff Yvarro pointedly- "and they no longer have the standing or operational capacity to be considered a threat. But there are political dissidents who put forth the slanderous accusations that the Supreme Leader is some type of actor- a tool, in order to challenge the legitimacy of Her Majesty's rule." The Director shook his head in disgust. "They required...a personal touch."

The Director waved his hand. "I would be happy to speak at length in regards to our security situation in the Sector later, my friends, but let us continue- time is of the essence." With that, he took his seat.

Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan | Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas | Gunnar Madine | Otzdrava Velexia | Renata Westaway |
Ariel Yvarro

Natasi watched Ariel and listened to her response, her fingers clasping behind her back.

Ariel knew Natasi well enough to know that she would not like to hear 'no' as an answer, and she was absolutely right. 'No' was not something she had come to accept in her previous iteration, and she wasn't about to change the habit of a lifetime. Or two lifetimes. The math on that was still a little fuzzy for the Supreme Leader, admittedly. Still, she said nothing. It would not do to chastise one of her own Moffs in front of subordinates. Instead, she simply said, "Very well. I'll look forward to reviewing the results of those surveys when we receive them."

Before the meeting could proceed, the guards announced the presence of Orum Berik. "Director," she said with a friendly smile. "I'd like to hear more about your efforts. Perhaps you can ride with me back to the Grand after this meeting is over." The Supreme Leader turned her head towards Ariel. "I'd like to hear more about the stations. Where are the ones we believe we can bring back into the fold, and what kind of resources do we have that can assist their re-entry into the First Order? Are we talking about credits, food, medical supplies?"

Ariel Yvarro

A
Governance Row
Avalonia, Dosuun

"We'll start with the former FIS Grantham, a type one Galidraan Station. She suffered severe damage during the invasion, and while her surviving engineers have by the grace of the Force it seems, managed." Ariel brought up images of the station. A once proud testament to the First Order's engineering now stood as a sign of defiance. In the face of devastation and outright extermination, they had held fast. "I've had some of our best look at Grantham, and while we could repair the station - the cost of repairing it when compared to building a new station altogether."
The charts were presented and the numbers crunched before them, "we are better off building a new station, and in the meantime, they could use materials, foodstuffs, and general aid." A slight pause as she took a breather for a drink of water. When she had set the glass down, Ariel proceeded with her presentation. "Down here, we have the old First Order Medical Station, Mountbatten."
"Mountbatten had been spared the damage that Grantham experienced, but the fleets that defended her suffered a great number of casualties," and once more images were shifted, the charts were gone and up were the old Windsor-class stations. "While the former Outer Rim Coalition were unable to provide aid, the people on Mountbatten were quite resourceful."
"They pulled together pieces of the ruined repair and watch stations to create a port in the storm, so to speak, and this - this our engineers are more than capable of working into something proper." A pause as the heavy footed, 'but' was uttered. "There have been recent droughts and their food stocks have run low. I have spoken with our naval leaders and I am certain that we'll be able to get food out to them, however; they're also requesting new equipment."
"Now I can't be certain as to what all they need, but Dr. Derzelas, would you be able to head out to Mountbatten?"
She waited as Dr. Derzelas provided her answer, and then moved over to a port closer to home. "Here in the home sector, there is Port Avalon, former Station Avalonia another one of the early Galidraan Station designs. The station somehow managed to not just crash into a nearby asteroid but she had enough survivors that they were able to anchor what was left of the station into the asteroid itself."
"Port Avalon, sits just beyond Qeravert IV here."
"They're requesting more dock support, ship repair assets, as well as a supply line to and from, all of which I'm quite sure that we'll be able to provide."
Ariel's gaze swept the room and once more fell to her cousin. They were weighted however something anchored there and not there all at the same time, as if someone looked through the looking glass. Unaware of it, Ariel held off going on any further in her presentation to allow the others gathered here to ask their questions should they have any, and more importantly if the Supreme Leader had any.

Natasi folded her hands in front of her, examining her cousin and absorbing what she was told. Grantham was a storied station, very nearly a landmark for the First Order, if you could call a space station a landmark. She frowned and allowed Ariel to continue, her dark eyes impassive, until Ariel finished her recap.

"Very well," she said, her voice placid. "I'd like to see a prioritized list of requirements in my dispatch box by the end of the week. Sustained operations first, defensibility second, miscellaneous third — you get the idea, Moff Yvarro. As far as Grantham, I am uneasy about putting it to one side. By all means, let us decommission the station, but rather than putting it to the breakers, I would like to purchase it and rehabilitate it. Call it a whim, but I think Grantham deserves better than mothballs."

She turned her attention back to Ariel. "I'll have it all above-board, please. You can make whatever adjustments you think are necessary as far as removing weapons if you feel that's appropriate for... well, not exactly civilian and not exactly military control, and we'll have it appraised. I'll purchase it for fair market value and it will be part of the Crown Estate. If the Government agrees, of course," she said, offering a deferential bob of her head to Ariel and Renata.

Vidia Vudrirn

V
The stylus in her slender fingers was set down upon the inlaid wooden surface of the table for a moment as Moff Yvarro availed herself of a glass of water. Her posture remained impeccable as her gaze swept the other occupants, silver irises flickering as her focus adjusted automatically to bring each face into clear, crisp detail. Hands gently smoothed out the crisp black pencil skirt over her legs, which were crossed demurely at the ankle. A minor adjustment to her pale blue vinesilk blouse was made before her hands clasped together in her lap.

Vidia had, by virtue of her position as an Administrator, seen many of the reports that Ariel had consolidated her information from. Each of those was dutifully memorized and carefully categorized so as to be effortless to recall. She had paid careful attention to everyone as they had spoken, and her gaze rested upon Doctor Derzelas in preparation for her reply.

Once given, the young woman picked up her stylus and resumed her annotation of the datafiles that had been distributed to those in attendance. Her work was detailed and almost excruciatingly thorough as one of the Moffs had recently phrased it upon receiving a set of her notes regarding the mineral and agricultural production of several of the worlds Moff Yvaro had just mentioned.

Silver eyes flickered and focused upon Her Majesty’s features as she spoke once more, this time upon the subject of the Grantham station. Vidia was not surprised to hear her request regarding its disposition, in fact, she would have expected nothing less from the Mother of the Nation who had sacrificed herself to buy her people time to escape with their lives. Though she had been among those in attendance on Remembrance Day, it was still somewhat surreal to see her regal bearing gracing their gazes once more.

A smile curled the young woman’s lips before she bent back to her task, noting, for whatever it was worth, that this measure had Vidia’s full approval and enthusiasm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom