Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Hemgo Bral the Prudii'runi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
uploadbetterpls.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create the lone force using clansman of the Bral clan to serve as a counter to lightsaber weilding force users. Hemgo can hold his own in melee against multiple NPC opponents if the situation calls for it, or to provide a significant challenge to a player character. He will serve as a bodyguard to the Alor of the Bral clan or deployed as a one of the highest threats on the battlefield fielded by the Bral clan.
  • Image Credit: https://www.creativeuncut.com/art_a-plague-tale-innocence_a.html
  • Role: One of the person body guards of Valdus Bral and the Prudii'runi of the Bral clan. In battle Hemgo serves as a support to the larger formation of the clan, providing the versatility of the Force, his zealous personality to boost morale, and an anchor in an infantry fight as an expert melee combatant.
  • Links: DC-17d MK. II, Encrypted Comlink
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Force Sensitivity: Knight
  • Species: Kage
  • Appearance: 1.8m tall, athletic build. Normally only seen wearing their armor and robe, masking most of their natural features.
SOCIAL INFORMATION

[*]Skills:

[*]Personality: Hemgo is a reserved man who speaks in a deep, methodical tone. While his demeanor is calm, his temper can flare, causing a full shift of his personality to a frenzied, zealous warrior.
COMBAT INFORMATION:
  • Weapon of Choice: Partisans, spears, other staffs or polearms in combination with the Force.
  • Combat Function: Functions either as a bodyguard or deployed to support a larger formation. Hemgo provides high levels of melee support as well as the utility of the Force.
Strengths:
  • The Prudii'runi excels in close combat, armored combat, as well as use in the force to augment their strikes.
  • Hemgo is protected by sturdy armor made of Beskar & Phrik, allowing the Prudii'runi to maintain a large amount of mobility.
  • Hemgo has an exceptional memory enabling him to memorize complex schematics or a few pages of text in only a few minutes of study.
Weaknesses:
  • The lack of heavy ranged weapons means that Hemgo is at a disadvantage against ranged anti-infantry vehicles.
  • The Prudii'runi is limited to primarily basic force skills. Though masterful in what force powers he knows, he lacks the same versatility or raw power of true masters of the force.
  • The Prudii'runi is a pariah within the Bral clan. The stigma associated with a connection to the force means that they are seen as a second rate member of the clan; it is rare that he will be supported except by direct order by the Alor. During battle the Alor cannot micromanage all of the combatants, which in turn increases the likelihood that the Prudii'runi may be left to combat an insurmountable force without the aid normally given to standard clansmen by their peers.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Purdii'runi (lit. Shadow Soul) - a designation for the lone force wielding member of the Bral clan. As the quasi-religious doctrine of the Bral clan states that the light from the Council of Stars (the belief that the fallen Mand'alors and heroes of old are represented in the stars above) does not shine upon the soulless outsiders (those outside of the Mandalorian culture). While this individual is recognized to have a soul, their soul is not considered to be pure and therefor is outside of the grace bestowed upon the fallen Mando'ade in Manda; their impurity shields their souls from the blessings and favor of Manda and their ancenstors. For their penance the Purdii'runi serves with every fiber of his or her being, devoting themselves to scripture, the clan, and warfare. Due to the rarity of force sensitives in the galaxy and the near certainty of execution by the forcing-hating clan Bral itself, there has only ever been one force using member allowed to live at a time. If there are two candidates for the title and position of Prudii'runi, then they are pitted against each other in single combat. Whoever emerges victorious is bestowed the title.

The Purdii'runi is rigorously trained in close combat as all of the Mandalorians in the Bral clan are. However, their training specifically focuses on combating lightsaber wielding opponents. To that end, they are equipped with a specially made polearm designed to puncture through gaps in heavy armor, slice through flesh and light armor, and become imbued with force powers to further increase the durability and versatility of their weapon. The armor of this individual is an ornately designed phrik plate armor in the Mandalorian style. When the Prudii'runi falls in combat or otherwise meets their end, the armor and weapon and retrieved if possible to be stored away until the next pariah may take them up in their penance. While the Prudii'runi is not a title with honor nor are they held in any high regard by any of the Bral clansmen, they are not assaulted by or chastised by the clan. Often the Prudii'runi remain silent, guarding a high value asset or acting as bodyguard. The individual may also be deployed on the battlefield as a way to even out the battlefield with other force-using adversaries.

Through the combination of expert implementation of the more mundane force powers, the high quality combat training developed over centuries in the Mandalorian culture, and a singular focus on reconciliation through warfare the Prudii'runi is an individual who should not be underestimated. Enemies of the clan who face the hooded zealot will not soon forget the encounter.

[member="Valdus Bral"]

1. Proper Template (Combat Unit vs Individual).

Valdus Bral said:
  • Intent: To create the lone force using clansman of the Bral clan to serve as a counter to lightsaber weilding force users. It is a high threat unit that can hold its own in melee against multiple NPC opponents if the situation calls for it, or to provide a significant challenge to a player character. It will serve as a bodyguard to the Alor of the Bral clan or deployed as a one of the highest threats on the battlefield fielded by the Bral clan.
Valdus Bral said:
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Purdii'runi (lit. Shadow Soul) - a designation for the lone force wielding member of the Bral clan. As the quasi-religious doctrine of the Bral clan states that the light from the Council of Stars (the belief that the fallen Mand'alors and heroes of old are represented in the stars above) does not shine upon the soulless outsiders (those outside of the Mandalorian culture). While this individual is recognized to have a soul, their soul is not considered to be pure and therefor is outside of the grace bestowed upon the fallen Mando'ade in Manda; their impurity shields their souls from the blessings and favor of Manda and their ancenstors. For their penance the Purdii'runi serves with every fiber of his or her being, devoting themselves to scripture, the clan, and warfare. Due to the rarity of force sensitives in the galaxy and the near certainty of execution by the forcing-hating clan Bral itself, there has only ever been one force using member allowed to live at a time. If there are two candidates for the title and position of Prudii'runi, then they are pitted against each other in single combat. Whoever emerges victorious is bestowed the title.
If I am correct that this is a single individual, please edit this submission using the Individual template. A combat unit is a unit composed of more than a single individual. In the alternative, where you would like to keep this as a combat unit, please edit the language to reflect this being a unit of multiple individuals (at least two).

2. Broken Image. Just noted in case you want to update the image link or remove the image credit if not using an image for this submission.

Please tag me once you have had an opportunity to make your edits.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
[member="Zardu Hasselfrau"]

The image link was broken in transfer from one category to the other, I restored it.

As for the "lone" part. This is not an individual NPC or character biography, it is a standardized load-out for a position. Who is currently occupying that position is mechanically irrelevant due to the load-out and powers always remaining uniform . Right after where you quoted my text it says "allowed to live at a time" and not that this is the only character to ever occupy the position/title.

On the point of a minimum size for units, the only reference to numbers for a small unit is as follows:

Unit Size: [ This is how many individuals make up a single unit. Choose from Small (each unit is small, comprising a dozen members or less)

I have not seen any constraint to a minimum sized formation. However, if you insist that I need to reformat this to an individual template, then I'll do so. My main issue is that if I am to create the individual template then it seems I would need to constantly re-submit individual NPC submission to the Codex every time this submission falls in battle. I'm willing to do that, however there will be several duplicate entries to the codex with only physical attributes to differentiate.

[member="Valdus Bral"]

On the image: I believe that you still have a broken link. Let me know if you need help with an image host and I'm happy to assist.

On the template: When looking at the template for NPC Creation, it states:
oONFKct.png

In an instance where the unit value is 1, there is a template for an individual.

Based on the rationale that you provided, it appears that you are submitting a title or position; such as the Mandalorian tradition of the Mand'alor, which is also only held by a single individual at a time. Continuing with that example, I do not believe I've read anything in the SW canon that would lead me to conclude that the holder of the Mand'alor title would be viewed as a combat unit in the context of structured military units. If you wanted to develop the title or position by itself, I would suggest that a Lore submission would be more appropriate in that instance.

The holder of the title, as an individual, would be a distinct person from the last holder, even if their backgrounds and abilities were similar and they performed similar combat functions.

Those are my thoughts, I look forward to reading yours in reply. Please tag me once you have had an opportunity to complete your edits.

[member="Valdus Bral"]

Thank you for those changes. I believe we're about ready to move this on. I just have three minor pro forma remarks and then I believe this will be ready for approval.

1. Image: I think that you may be falling victim to your browser cache. I've checked several different browsers, as well as mobile and had people in various countries check to see if they could see the image. All reported back that they only saw a broken image at the top. If you'd like to update your image with this link, I think you'll find a more stable result.

Valdus Bral said:
  • Wealth: They have very little wealth of their own. Their needs and equipment are provided for by the clan, which in turn is funded by the sales from Bral Metal & Engineering.
2. Consistency: I believe that the third person plural language is a hold over from your previous iteration, as I note that other references to this NPC are authored as he/him. As a suggestion, to maintain consistency through the submission, would be to change the language here to reflect he/him.

Valdus Bral said:
  • Skills: [ What skills does this NPC have? Are they a pilot, a farmer, a mechanic? Do they paint or knit in their free time? For Force users if they have any special abilities that are rare list them here. Be reasonable. ]
    ​Elite melee combatant.
  • Hemgo has an exceptional memory and can memorize battle plans, several pages of text, etc. after only a few minutes of study.
  • Force Powers:
    Force Stasis
  • Tutaminis
  • Force Weapon
  • Telekinesis (pull, push, & choke)
3. Template: Please remove the [ bracketed ] language here, as that's instructions for filling out the template and not intended to be part of the submission.

Please tag me once you have had an opportunity to complete your edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom