Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helping Hand (Ven)

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]
Noah sighed as he sat on the bench, around him was the cityscape of Coruscant, but it wasn't really Coruscant, it was just the holographic imaging technology of the Pit. Sighing Noah grabbed the tumbler off to his left and took a good swig of the it, savoring the burn as it went down his throat. Earlier Ven had contacted him and told him to meet her there, so now here he was.

It had been with a grumble that Ven had set up the meeting. Only Corek was to know Anon Ymous' real idenity. So the two were to meet at the Pit and discuss what was to be done about Savan. All the giantess wanted was the safety of her son... and a damn good drink. The latter had already been claimed by her. No, she wasn't drunk, but she wasn't entirely sober at the moment either. It was very, very hard to actually get her drunk, of course. What with her Sithspawn insides and all. "Corek." 'Twas all she said as she walked in. And 'twas all she would say for a few minutes. Noah would have to be the one to start the real conversation.
[member="Noah Corek"]​

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah sighed as he took another sip as Ven just stood there. "You know there's a old Corek family military saying. 'Treat your soldiers as you would your own beloved children and they'll follow you into the deepest valley.'" Noah informed her as he set down his glass and looked at her. "Ven, me and you have fought and bled with each other, fought the Fringe, the Feds, the Sith and the Bando Gora. There is nothing I wouldn't do to help you. You should've come to me and told me Savan has your son." Noah told her as he stood and looked up to her, there was still a two foot difference between the two soldiers.

"There's an old Sekairo saying to. You know what it is? 'Burden only the others who ask with the weight you cannot carry, and even then, only if they have plenty of room for it'. You didn't ask." With a grunt she pulled up a chair, sat down, and removed a case of cigarettes from her pocket. She only ever smoked when she was stressed. Really stressed. "It's her son too, you know. Had him together thanks to the old God of Science. I still get to see him. Still spend time with her and the kid." A lighter found it's way out of her sleeve. Two twitches of her large thumbs later and the stick was lit. For a moment she simply sat and puffed. Slowly. Softly. "I just want him to stay alive. With all these people going after her... I just want Darren to come home. To be safe."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah laughed when Ven said her family saying as well. "Ven, I've killed hundreds, survived seventeen encounters that would've killed most humanoids and I haven't had a good nights sleep in the last eleven years, trust me, there isn't anymore weight you can put on this old soldiers shoulders." Noah informed her. "Ven, if its your child and you feel like Savan's actions have put him in danger, you have a parental obligation to take your child from her custody."

"Damn it Corek! Savan's a damn good mother! It's the blasted hunters that'll put Darren in danger!" Ven snapped, the glass of wine in her hand breaking. Swearing she took a deep breath. It took a moment before she was calm enough to speak again. "Darren is doing good in her care. He's learning a lot, about the galaxy, about the force. Getting to travel all over the place... she keeps him close. Lets him watch only the good Holoshows, gives him an appropriate bedtime... Probably does better than I would. But what hunter is gonna care about that, hmm? Who is gonna give a damn about the kid?" She paused again, taking another slow, long puff.

"Her and me. That's it."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah sighed as Ven anger flared, she had jumped to conclusions about what he had said, typical of her. "Ven, I wasn't insinuating that Savan a bad mother, from what you've said, she is actually a very good mother, I was just saying, that what Savan has done to piss Arceneau off will bring nearly every major hunter and merc down on her. That puts Darren in danger, danger a nine-year old child shouldn't be in and its your duty as his other parent to remove him from this danger."

"You're right, of course. I just... I don't want to take away one of his parents. Damn it... he doesn't even know that we're split. As far as he knows, Savan and I are still going to get married... I'll find a way to get him into safe hands. It'll just... take a bit to explain to him why Ventasia spends so much time with me..."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah sighed and laid a hand on Ven's shoulder. "Ven, take a piece of advice from another parent as well. There can only be two types of things with you kids, they can dislike you, even hate you, and be safe or they can like you and be in danger." Noah informed her and gave her shoulder a good solid pat, making sure to give her some support.

"He'll get over it, I guess. Just don't know how Circe is gonna react. I'd rather not fight her over custody. Though we both know I'd kick her ass. She ain't much of a fighter. More of a... sneak away kind a person..." Ven sighed, putting the cigarette out on her sleeve. This was all so... troublesome.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
"Sometimes when they feel as if your trying to take something away from them, even the worst fighters seem to grow major skills." Noah informed her as he took a large swig from his glass. "I'm here if you need me Ven, back when I ran spec ops for the Republic, VIP extraction was me and my teams specialty."

"I'll try to talk some sense into her first. If that doesn't work... then I'll take the boy by force. I seriously doubt she'd be able to stop me if she tried. I appreciate the offer, Corek, but I can handle this. What I might need help on is getting Terana to be okay with having Darren around. He'd be a constant reminder of my old relationship, one that almost got further than my one with her."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah sighed and looked up at the ceiling. "I ever mention to you that I was married? I learned so many things in just a year of marriage. One of those is that in a marriage or a relationship, you've got to compromise. If Ventasia really loves you, she'll compromise." Noah sighed as he continued to look at the ceiling, lost in his own fond memories.

"You were married?... I assume it's... all over, considering what I, uh, heard about..." Ven was unsure if this was the best time to bring up what Ventasia had told her about. She was, of course, already a bit riled. So it would probably only make things worse if she brought up Corek's... actions. "I might of been informed that you, well, attempted to court my lovely, lovely oath-bearer. The woman who holds all of my affections. Sekairo traditions mean that I, generally, am to either cut your head off, or remove your... manliness. To insure it never happens again. But that wouldn't be very kind of me, now would it?" With a dark chuckle she grabbed another glass, pouring a fair amount of whiskey into it. Seconds later the bottle was empty. And a new cigarette was lit.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah chuckled nervously when Ven mentioned what he had tried to do with Ventasia, which in his defense had failed miserably. "Ventasia told you about that did she? Well I'll start by apoloigizing, it's been months since I've had some companionship, I wasn't really thinking. Secondly, I'd like to try and bolster that apology by offering to make you a custom weapon that I've been developing for some time." Noah told her looking up with a bit of hope in his eyes.

"Sounds good, Corek. But if you do it again, even if you're drunk at the time, you'll wake up to find yourself lacking a few body parts, credits, and fancy weapons. Nothing personal. Just a woman protecting the one she loves. Now go get yourself a girlfriend- one who doesn't already have a significant other. I'm sure someone'll be interested..." Ven said with a chuckle.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah sighed as he emptied his fifth glass of whiskey. "You wanna know how many women want a man who has killed more people than some people can count?" Noah asked, his words becoming slightly as he poured his sixth glass and looked at her. "Not many. I think I can count them on two hands." Noah informed Ven as he began to sip at his drink.

"Corek, Corek, Corek..." She sighed before laughing quietly. "You know how many people I've gotten to date me in the past six years? Eight. EIGHT. And I'm a crazy ex-murdering mercenary who used to have multiple personalities. You're just not looking in the right places bub. Go out for awhile. Take a break from making all these weapons and just get a drink. Talk with people, make friends. You'll find someone. You just have to work for it. Ain't nobody but the luckiest bastards get a good relationship for free."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah laughed when Ven mentioned that she had eight people date her in the past six years. "Yeah, because they all are normal themselves. Lets look at your two most recent girlfriends. Circe Savan, a scheming ego-maniac who can't go a week without pissing off a major galactic power or power broker. Then Ventasia Terana, a redhead who's as likely to punch you as she is to say hi, she walks around shaking her ass and basically teasing every sentient being that comes within eyesight." Noah told her as he finished his drink and noticed something, Ven was starting to become more attractive by the minute.

Oi. "Corek... What about a woman's natural swing of her hips is considered teasing? Tasia has hips. They move when she walks. She has a damn fine ass, it moves when she walks. Most of the time she isn't consciously aware of it. When she is, and continues it, it's a joke. The lass does tease, yes, but not often. And when she does... well, she rarely actually means it. And there isn't anything wrong with that. Now, yeah, I've had some bad exes, and some good ones. But they all fit me. There are people who'll fit you too, Corek. Tasia ain't one of 'em." With a chuckle and a sigh she opened another bottle of whiskey. Surprisingly it was only half empty a minute later.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom