Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Can Come In Mysterious Ways

Eleutheria stared at the large amount of people that had hoarded onto the walkway on one of the lower levels of Fondor. Tents of various sizes littered around, barrels with fire burning at seemingly random locations. Ellie and her family were lucky – they managed to get an apartment, albeit very small and generally not very safe. And it took a huge chunk of their savings, but at least they weren’t on the streets living in tents.

She sighed as she stared at the pots of grub that were made for an assortment of species. The collapse of the Republic spared little, and with the refugees fleeing – and rumors that they weren’t going to be welcomed on Fondor much longer, well… What else could she do but try to help? She was in a position where she could, kind of.

And so, Ellie spent her time in the camp assisting in various things. Delivering nutrition bars, trying to help impromptu teachers teach the kids of the camps, giving people vaccines for various diseases that could spread through a messy encampment like this.

Eulalie found herself sitting on a bench during a break, briefly blowing away the pink bangs from her eyes. The sun made her face jewelry sparkle ever lightly. And her dress she had patched together – a blue top, finger-less gloves, and a gray black skirt.

Most of her stuff had to be left behind on Carida. She was slowly hoarding supplies so she could maybe start making dresses once more, and getting that extra income.

Curtis had arrived a Fondor a few days beforehand, with yet another object of power to collect. The amount of suffering on the planet was like a constant screaming to him, the force crying out as thousands suffered. It was darkness at its finest, and it had echoed through to Learchin as soon as he landed. The camp and its inhabitants were messy and disordered, no doubt here to escape the conflicts raging on in the wider galaxy. Curtis himself was avoiding the battles, focusing more on his own growth in power rather than the power of the Sith Empire. Until his master returned to him, he would continue to do this.

Pushing through the crowds of hungry people, Curtis stuck out like a sore thumb, with his swordstaff and armour drawing looks of fear. In truth he wasn't planning on killing anyone, at least not unless provoked. Arriving at the centre of the camp, he scanned the area. he would need somewhere more quiet to find what he was seeking. Out of everyone there, one person had stood out to him, a girl with crystals adorning her face. Unlikely they were what he was after, but she seemed as out of place as he did.

Time would tell if she would prove useful to him.

[member="Eleutheria Overjerr"]

Eleutheria continued her long stare into the camp. It was a shame what was happening, but what could be done to stop it? This may just be a pitstop to begin with. There was no reason to think that Fondor would continue hosting the refugees. Or that the galactic powers would allow them to settle so close. Ellie sighed. Was there any type of stability left in the galaxy? It didn’t seem to be the case.

With the Sith terrorizing the galaxy, there was little places to hide. Speaking of, Ellie perked a brow as she noticed a man wandering through the camp with armor and a sword staff. That wasn’t quite what she was expecting in a refugee camp. Was he here to make trouble? Cause issues? Eleutheria, despite her lack of any type of training, decided to investigate further by standing up from her bench and moving towards him.

Maybe he was security or something. That was likely the case – Fondor had to keep the people under control, and with tensions likely increasing between the locals and refugees or something. Or something.

[member="Curtis Learchin"]

Curtis kept moving through the camp, the cries of children flooded the east end of the area, but from there it was more calm. He could sense a presence though, one that was keeping at a distance but following. It was unlikely that any Jedi were on the planet, or at least not here, with so much fighting happening. It was odd that so many Jedi seemed to revel in battle, and for that reason knowledge was left hidden, even if hiding in plain sight.

He continued out of the camp, turning into an alleyway that would allow him to be left unnoticed by anyone who wasn't looking for him. Dropping gently to his knees and leaving his swordstaff on the ground just infront of him, he closed his eyes and began to reach out with the force, searching for the thing that had brought him there. These last few weeks had almost been a no-stop search, and even this short break was appreciated.

Eleutheria watched the strange man with intense eyes as she followed behind him. For a security guard, he sure was acting strange. Maybe he was just more of a… Spyish, cop? To be fair, Ellie had little to no idea what kind of police force the planet had. She had just managed to pay the rent for a couple months, along with a little extra. She was sure they didn’t even check their identities or anything.

And so, the young woman simply followed the man as he moved through the camp and into an… Alley? That was pretty strange. She squinted, pausing as she peered from the corner of the alleyway to watch him for a few moments. He had taken off some sword and was on his knees. Perhaps a religious movement? Praying to something, or someone, or whatever?

She stepped into the alleyway, her heels making a couple clicks that would likely grab his attention. “You don’t look like one of the refugees,” she commented suspiciously. “Cop?”

Curtis' eyes opened at the sound of movement, and the girl with the striking face jewellery stood in front of him. Odd that it was her and not a security guard, though from her question it seemed as though she thought he was a peace keeper. A useful facade to have. He rose to his feet and picked up the staff at his feet.

"I am no cop. I'm a Jedi Knight." He stated. It felt odd to say that, but it was the best way to gain the trust of the weak. This girl didn't seem weak though, there was something in her that shouted her uniqueness. Force-sensitive perhaps? All he could do was hope she fell for the ruse, a local would be useful in finding what he was after. "What is your name, and why are you following me?"

Eleutheria crossed her arms as she watched him intensely. Any indication of a lie, or perhaps some ulterior motive. Police weren’t always good, and many would take advantage of the poor and broken like the people in the camps. Bribes, extortion, etc. She had seen it happen in Coruscant while it burned those years ago.

He rose and picked his staff back up. She perked a brow at his comment. Not a cop but a Jedi Knight? She didn’t quite by it – he didn’t feel like a Jedi. But, she was just as desperate as the rest of the refugees. Someone who could bring hope and inspiration? Well, she couldn’t exactly put her finger on it. Nonetheless, she gave a small nod. It wasn’t like she was going to be able to do anything, anyway.

Come to think of it, was probably was dumb coming by herself to begin with. “Eleutheria Overjerr. And you? You seem out of place, like you don’t belong here,” she commented. “I haven’t seen you here before.”

"Curtis Learchin, I only just arrived on Fondor. The suffering here is great, you can sense it for miles." The key to lying was keeping close to the truth without revealing your true intention. The girl seemed sceptical, maybe she could tell he was lying, maybe she was just cautious of everyone. Placing his swordstaff back on the floor, he reached out with his hand and the force, and caused the weapon to float just in front of him, before pulling it back into his hand. Proof he was a force user was more proof to support his claim.

"How long have you been here? By the look of you it seems as though you haven't been here long either." She wasn't dressed like the rest of the refugees, she seemed to actually put some thought into what she wore. The thing he could feel in the force was still there, still surrounding the woman who stood before him. If he could corrupt her... Now there was an idea for later.

Eleutheria gave a small nod at his reasoning. “Nice to meet you, Curtis,” she stated after only a moment pause. "Sorry it can't be under better circumstances." He did seem to be Force sensitive as he let the sword staff float. Her eyes went wide as she watched it happened. She had never seen the Force in action before. She had seen some weird things from herself, but she just assumed that was weird coincidences. Not Force related or anything.

Wow, you really are,” she muttered after a moment. "Never thought I'd actually meet one," she admitted after a moment. She sighed as she thought about the people in the camp. “Life is hard,” she stated sadly. “They’re trying to keep going.” She was right there with them. Just trying to keep pushing forward, one foot at a time. “I arrived with them,” she said as she motioned towards the rest of the refugees. “I’m just luckier than them,” she said quietly.

Are you here to help?

Curtis knew fear, he knew suffering, he had experienced hell on Bastion and on Dathomir. But compared to here, they were nothing. The sheer amount of pain was like a constant siren going off in his head, even with some distance he couldn't block out the noise. And the girl who stood before him? She held deep fear, but something else as well. Hope. If she gave into one or the other, she'd become a powerful force user in her own right. Maybe she didn't even know of her abilities. He almost felt sorrow for her, in that moment he could've taken pity on the girl and struck her down, saving her from more suffering. But she could be useful, and moreover, an asset.

"In a sense. There is something here that is giving off dark side energy, affecting the refugees. I've come to find it." He stated, taking a few steps forward. "Have you seen anything that looks out of place?"

Eleutheria looked towards the large encampment behind her. Full of poor, suffering, and pain. One day, well, one day these people would be able to live again. Be free from this type of suffering. Maybe once they left Fondor, if they had too. They could find a place that would help them, and they wouldn’t just be in tent cities.

But, that was something else to ponder later. She perked a brow. Something from the Dark Side was in the refugee camp? She watched him carefully for a moment as he stepped forward. “This Dark thing, you think it’s hurting people?” She asked, somewhat incredulous. Was he being serious? She guessed it made sense. That would explain why he was looking around, being a weirdo and stuff.

I mean… Not really? It’s a refugee camp, so it’s pretty, well, chaotic, honestly,” she admitted sheepishly. Her hands fiddled together as she tried to think about what could possibly be something evil that was effecting everyone. "Do you have any idea what it could be?"

Was it hurting anyone? A strange question to him, but he could understand why she would ask. To many, the force was a violent a destructive thing that hurt anyone who came into contact with it. They were somewhat correct, but it was never so simple. Sometimes the force was subtle, and sometimes so pronounced that it shattered the planet's core.

"It may be, though it is likely effecting their behaviour more than causing physical harm." He paused after that, wondering what exactly the thing he was after could be. There were so many different types of force artifacts, that it would be impossible to guess 100% correctly. "I suspect it is something small that someone brought with them, perhaps a statue or a holocron. Its exact properties are unknown to me though. I'd have to locate it to be sure." That was why he'd gone down the alleyway in the first place right? Or maybe he was supposed to go here to meet her? The force worked in mysterious ways.

Eleutheria knew as much about the Force as the average commoner did. She had learned some, although she didn’t really understand – or perhaps fully even understand – if she was sensitive herself. Likely a dream she had. How could she be? There was so much suffering and not even an ounce showed itself from her.

She gave a nod. So behavior effecting more than anything. Causing crime? Anger? It wasn’t like the people were already miserable. She frowned as she thought about it, one hand twirling one of her longer bangs as she thought it. Something that was out of the ordinary. She nearly chuckled – she had a holocron she never could open, back at her cramped apartment.

Granted, it was given to her by her mother. Supposedly, it came from her father’s great, great, great grandmother as a gift. Ellie hadn’t known her dad, honestly, nor his side of the family. Who knew if they were even alive or dead? Nonetheless, she was positive that wasn’t it. It didn’t feel evil, or dirty, or whatever. “Hm. Well… I honestly don’t know much about Dark Side artifacts,” she admitted to the Jedi Knight. “Or anything about that stuff, really.”

Heck, all she knew was that her feet hurt from standing all fecking day.

Curtis could sense something was troubling the girl, and for a moment it didn't seem like it was her situation. Maybe she was hiding something, or maybe she was ignorant to whatever it was. Nevertheless, her feelings betrayed her. Being referred to as a Jedi was still an odd sensation, though not entirely unpleasant.

"Not many people do, there's a reason so many are hidden away." At that moment Curtis felt something else, another presence was there. "We aren't alone anymore... I suggest we move." He moved for the mouth of the alley, only for 2 armed men to appear at the exit. 2 others were at the other end. Curtis prepared himself for a fight, restraining himself from massacring these thugs would be a challenge.

"Well well well, what do we have here?"

Eleutheria had no training in... Anything, in terms of the Force or combat or anything besides graphic art, waitressing, and some administration jobs. She was smart and could figure things out, of course, but that nonetheless handicapped her greatly. Which is why she surprised herself by even following [member="Curtis Learchin"] into the alleyway.

That’s fair,” she admitted after a moment. “Crazy things… Don’t know why people are so hellbent on making people like this miserable,” she said quietly. But then the next thing she knew was him suggesting we move – before 4 armed men appeared at the end of each exit of the alleyway. Ellie’s eyes widened as she jumped beside Curtis. “I don’t know how to fight,” she muttered quietly as she glanced between both exits.

"Stay behind me, and do as I say." Curtis said sternly, before turning back to the assailant that had spoken first. "I don't want to harm you, leave peacefully." In truth he wanted nothing more than to send a torrent of lightning into the main thug as he cut through the others, but he had to keep up the facade of a Jedi. "I know things are hard, but hurting us won't solve anything."

"Nah you say that, but that fancy blade and armour you have could fetch a nice price." The lead thug said, and they moved in closer. Curtis placed his arm on his companions arm, in an attempt to calm her before the fight.

"This is your final chance to leave." He replied, his swordstaff at his side, prepped for a swift strike. He could maim the men, but killing them would be better. The girl may have feelings about that option though. "Stay calm Ellie, you're under my protection."

Eleutheria gave a small nod as she moved behind [member="Curtis Learchin"]. Her eyes stared towards the man who seemed to be the leader of the group. Kark, she should’ve just stayed on her bench. Really, she should have just been helping the refugees anyways. Not acting like some guard of them. She held her breath, worried.

The Jedi should be able to resolve this, right? “It really won’t help. Credits isn’t going to help calm your consciousness,” she stated quietly before she moved a hand over her mouth. Maybe she shouldn’t say anything and just let Curtis do the talking. She huddled behind him, almost closing her eyes.

He was ready for an attack. She gave a small nod, “Okay. I... I'm sorry I'm useless,” she said nervously as he called her Ellie, and informing her that she was under his protection. That made her feel better, even if she wasn’t sure if a Jedi could take out 4 people or not.

Curtis could tell that things were going to get violent, these men were desperate after all. The girl's fear was strong too, and if he could've he would've drawn on that fear to bolster his own strength. Regardless, he had meant what he said, about her being under his protection. Closest way to gaining her trust was to save her from something.

"This is your own fault." Curtis muttered, before thrusting his left arm out, sending a push of force energy into the main thug. The man flew backwards, crashing into a rubbish bin a few metres behind them. The other thugs recoiled in fear, with one running away after the show of force. Another ran towards them, holding a broken piece of pipe and swinging it at [member="Eleutheria Overjerr"]. Curtis launched his staff in between the two, blocking the strike and delivering a counter, slashing the blade of his swordstaff across the mans face. A surface wound but enough to make him fall to the floor in terror. The final thug looked frozen in fear, and despite Curtis' want to electrocute the man within an inch of his pathetic life, he didn't.

"Leave now, and harm no one else, or I'll find you again." The three scattered, leaving Curtis and Ellie once again in the alley alone. "Are you alright?"

Eleutheria simply hid behind [member="Curtis Learchin"]. Terrified. She hadn’t been in a fight in her entire life. She had watched people, sure, and being in the slums of Coruscant made sure she saw plenty of it. But practicing, fighting herself? She had never been in a situation she would ever have to deal with such a thing.

Ellie heard Curtis tell them it was their fault. And heck, she agreed completely. A small scream escaped her lips as she tried to dodge the metal piece of pipe – although Curtis ended up intercepting it before anything else happened. She breathed a sigh of relief, as the thugs scattered.

She shook slightly, her eyes wide as she looked up towards Curtis. “I… Yeah,” she responded quietly. “Thank you,” she said a moment later as she processed. “I can make you some tea at my apartment? Perhaps we can think of a plan for this artifact you’re seeking,” she said. “Probably… Safer, than here.”

Curtis wiped a bead of sweat from his brow and kept his eyes on the entrance to the alley. They should've moved from there as soon as the girl had spoken to him. Not only was it too open, but as was just demonstrated, it was dangerous. Dangerous for her anyway. [member="Eleutheria Overjerr"] was obviously scared by what had just happened, but she seemed to trust him more now. Every cloud.

"Yes that would be good. As much as I'd want to, I can't defend us from every thug in the city." Curtis replied, cleaning the blade of his swordstaff with a piece of cloth from his armour. "Lead the way."

(Sorry for the wait and the short reply, just juggling uni work with this!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom