Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello. It's me...

She smiled she wasn't sure if he didn't trust her or if he really didn't want to hand it off. But he did offer to let her pilot, that was a vote in the right direction. "My father gave me an Infiltrator. I've also flown a baudo, and a freighter but I don't remember the model. I was heavy when flying not graceful at all kinda clunky." She laughed remembering just how slow it had been.

The ship moved it seemed with little effort, that was good. "Flying is an art you know." She looked over at him, "the way your hands rest on the controls, knowing when to push, and when to lean back. Takes a concentrated effort to be a good pilot." It was one of the things she was proud of, she had learned how to fly and often longed for the freedom it gave.

"What ships have you flown?"

[member="Gir Quee"]

Gir listened with rapt attention to [member="Arabella Darkhold"] even as the Java skimmed over Atrisia's surface. The mention of the Infiltrator piqued his interest, yet despite in his interest in the more archaic or unusual starships, he found her way of talking more interesting. Perhaps it was because of the political games he had seen as a Republic officer, but he often found himself judging the way a person talked to see what agenda was being pushed. Yet he felt none. She's being honest with me, no embellishment or anything like that. That comforted Gir as he recalled his first experience as a pilot rather than a passenger.

"The first ship I flew was a military trainer, an old Lambda-class Shuttle on Anaxes," revealed Gir, "I was so nervous on my first flight that developed a sort of tunnel vision and didn't fully realize all that was happening around me. I was so worried about not crashing that I completely missed the fact that one of those automated drone barges that they use to haul around industrial waste had accidentally wandered into our flight path. That gave my instructor a brief scare...but after that, I was hooked. I've managed to get myself into everything from small orbital shuttles and starfighters to the helms of some pretty large warships...but there's nothing quite like flying a ship like this. I think it's the independence of it all. Much smaller than this and it's not comfortable to really live in, and anything much larger and its really pricey to own and maintain..."

As he spoke, they passed through a gray cloud to see a floating refueling platform suspended hundreds of meters above the world's surface. Sunlight streamed through cracks in the layers of clouds to bathe the landing pads and the ships flitting on and off the pads in a golden hue. The Java coasted into the golden ambience before coming to rest on one of the outstretched landing pads. He turned his head to face her and offered a subdued smile.

"...but this is still enough that I suppose it's nothing to refuel. I guess I'm going to head out and see how this one works. Care to join me?"

[member="Gir Quee"]

She laughed at his story, "Fear and worry seem to keep us honest. We fret so much we can't help but make a mistake, and sometimes we are so afraid we can't move. i would like to have seen the look on your instructor's face." She listened to how he talked about the ship, and flying independently, this she understood quite well.

"Freedom to fly, yes. The single ability that not everyone has to go forward. Yeah." She couldn't help but continue to smile, even as she looked down thinking about her ship. She would have to come back and get it, that's all there was to it. She'd fly it back to Vena, maybe then she could have Gir come and see it, maybe she'd let him fly it. Maybe.

They were breaking through and the sun seemed to stream pathways through the clouds inviting them to come. The refueling platform waited, "yes I'll go, we could use House Togashi account to fill the ship." She looked out yes she came here, everyone did at some point.

Outside Bella looked around there were many ships landing and departing, this was a hub for Atrisia. Supplies came through here and went out, she looked over and saw House Nymiro baudo, they were probably headed to the outer rim again.

There were a few droids headed their way Bella left it to Gir to speak, she would only if he wanted her to. It was important he be the master of his ship.

Gir considered [member="Arabella Darkhold"]'s offer. Part of him, the old-fashioned traditionalist side that had been groomed in equal parts by Hast's own culture and the former Galactic Republic military, wanted to politely refuse her offer simply because she was a woman. It would be the chivalrous thing to do. Or so he told himself. But the more egalitarian half of his personality won over. He offered a subtle nod.

"I'll defer to you on the payment then," said the man with a wistful smile, "I suppose it might be easier than using offworld accounts and currency just as well. If you'll take care of that part of it, I'll physically get the ship ready to fuel."

With that, Gir ducked behind the ship's ramp, all too aware of the abruptness of that conversation. Or perhaps rather, the awkwardness of it all. He walked over to a panel that concealed an injection port. I suppose that once the awkward portion is over...everything will become smoother...more comfortable? With the slight shake of his head, the blonde man consciously pushed the thoughts away as he accessed the ship's fuel port in order to continue their journey.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Truth was fuel wasn't cheap he was transporting her as a favor so the least she could do was fuel the ship. "No one would question House Togashi accounts, but yes sometimes an off world account might raise an eyebrow, sometimes no. We do import a lot of things." Bella watched Gir leave, or was it leap at the chance to do something other than be near her.

This was a confusing mixed signals kind of thing. Had she done something wrong in offering? She did not think so it was..logical to her. She dealt with the droid who would authorize the release of fuel using the house account.

How could they go from talking about ships to it feeling....all weird. Bella sat down hard as she tried to figure this out. She could just read his thoughts but that would be cheating, and rude. She wasn't supposed to do that anymore.

A groan rose up one of frustration. She'd give him the space he needed to fuel the ship.

While she tried to be......patient. Yes patient. It wasn't like she was going to bite him. Bella closed her eyes and thought peaceful thoughts and reminders that he came to help. That alone said something for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom