Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello. It's me...

[member="Gir Quee"]

"OK that was helpful" She nodded, it was she wasn't imaging things and that in itself was helpful, "let's get loaded and do what we must to, get this moving along before I have a change of heart" or mind she thought to herself.

She would walk them to where her belongings were packed and ready to go, she would help where she could to get them loaded. All while she looked around and asked herself if she was alright, if she was sure and while the eyes of Izumi watched from a careful distance unsure if she should go and stay on Atrisia. Izumi who had come to care deeply for Bella and would hate to see Bella separated from everything she knew.

But Bella had made a choice. Bella looked at Gir, "I am hoping that on Vena I can build a new home that would make it possible for friends to visit more often. Perhaps you would be one of those who would visit. So...when you're not helping women run away from home. what do you do again?" She asked as her memory was faulty as remembering what he said he did. And she wanted to have conversation while they prepared to leave.

Gir considered the question carefully. At one point, he had considered [member="Arabella Darkhold"] a possible One Sith agent, which had colored how he had presented himself to her then. Clearly circumstances had changed since then, but his presentation had not. How exactly do you tell someone that you've mislead them? Reconciling those two presentations would be something that he would have to make a priority during the voyage to Vena, yet perhaps it was an overbundance of caution, but he decided not to reveal everything just yet. Not while there was the potential that some sith or one of their allies were present on Atrisia. He looked up at her.

"I'm in the shipping business," said Gir, "all parts of it, really. I do the occasional freelance freight haul and some...hotter jobs...but I mostly do corporate work these days. Once you get your home established on Vena, what do you plan to do with yourself there...I mean, in terms of a vocation or pursuit?"

[member="Gir Quee"]

"Shipping, funny you don't look like the guy who does shipping you I don't know. Maybe its the name you should be building them." Bella grinned, "Well first I have to establish my citizen ship, then knock down the house, and rebuild. I have to meet with several of the local merchants to see what wares they have for export and negotiate a trade agreement between Vena and my sisters home world. After that I will be learning more about life, a few more flying lessons for starters. I also need to see if I can find a ship builder who could build a factory at Vena to create a few jobs."

Bella really laughed now, "I guess I have a few things to do. Shall we begin loading?" She wanted to be on her way before she changed her mind.

Gir nodded at [member="Arabella Darkhold"]'s comment. Her apparent interest in a shipbuilder made him consider revealing his ties to Lucerne Labs. But that impulse fade into a dim afterthought as he considered the prospect of its ability to foster potential conflict in their relationship. As he and the droid prepared to load the Java, he couldn't help but realize that the vast majority of his relationships were professional. He perhaps had a few childhood friends that he occasionally saw on Hast where the relationship wasn't grounded on any position that he held, but they too weren't immune to his growing sway among local politics. Even his relationships among his adopted family were partially muddled by Salmakk, his adopted brother, acting as one of the company's chief engineers. He filed the thoughts into the back of his mind as he turned his attention back to the woman.

"So where do we start?"

[member="Gir Quee"]

"I have everything organized just inside the doors, and right over there" Bella pointed. She looked at Gir again she had thoughts and yet she dared not entertain too many of them she did not know him very well and she had not been honest with him. She was being honest now but how do you say I wasn't.

It felt like a twisting motion on her insides that she should take his generosity and sh enot be completely honest with him. "Gir I have to tell you something and I have to say it before we do anything because you've been very kind to me and I don't treat people who've been kind to me with deception. It feels all weird. I'm leaving Atrisia because my sister is the Crown Princess of Alderaan and she has offered me a new start on Vena. I..." She looked down, "think if I stay here on Atrisia where there is a strong sith influence that I will fall to the dark side completely and I don't want to. So..I have to leave here."

She felt this huge weight come off her shoulders feth that felt good. She smiled she had told the truth and hadn't turned into a puff a smoke, well now that was pretty good.

She looked at Gir for the first time with a true sparkle in her eyes.

A crooked grin creased Gir's face as [member="Arabella Darkhold"] motioned to the packed goods. While, that certainly makes it easier...Gir had dreaded the thought of tromping through her ancestral home, half-afraid of breaking some ancestral heirloom or accidentally intruding into some delicate family matter. But that wave of relief quickly changed as she revealed who she really was; causing his grin to recede into almost barely visible wrinkles near the edge of his mouth.

He blinked and briefly stood there stunned for a couple of seconds.

"Admirable," blurted out Gir, before regaining his composure, "I too haven't been entirely honest about who I am. I'm not quite a simple tramp freighter captain, though it is a hat that I like to wear...I once was a fairly high ranking officer in the Galactic Republic, but now I spend much of time running a large, defense industry corporation."

Gir pondered on where to begin. Force-users could be a tricky subject, not only from the sheer polarity of the different Force-using traditions, but the frequent power and the experience such people went through. As much as he was relunctant to do even think about, that relevation put his preconceptions of her on an entirely different level. The blonde man briefly glanced downward before looking up into her eyes.

"I don't mean to offend, but I have to ask...were you...or are you...a Sith?"

[member="Gir Quee"]

"About a year ago I had an encounter with the Silver Jedi it changed me. I'm not a Sith, I'm not sure that I was ever really a sith. The definition of a Sith, and the reasons why I trained in those arts had nothing to do with being a Sith. I wanted to please my father, stay with my father. but its not who I am. I just, don't crave that kind of power and dominance. I have different ambitions some of them might even be considered simplier."

She toed the dirt a little and then looked at him, "So you do build ships like your name would suggest" She smiled, "Maybe I can convince you to build a factory on Vena, you know, give some jobs to some folks, spend more time with...well me. Course...we can talk about all that on the way...that is. If you are still taking me"

She didn't have many friends, and she didn't want to be alone all the time. So could she make friends with Gir, and have conversations that amounted to forming bonds of friendship? Was she capable of doing that?

Gir slowly nodded as [member="Arabella Darkhold"] spoke. He had known a handfaul of people who had grown up in environments that had pushed them towards being Sith or were even once sith themselves, yet they had turned their lives towards a different path. Perhaps the one who resonated in his mind the most was Taeli Raaf, the primary owner and operator of Aurora Industries, and a fellow member of the Directorate. Yet history was full of those who had redeemed themselves to the light or had fallen to the dark. As wary as he was of force users because of that inherent, internal struggle that they so often experienced, it mattered not between the two of them. He looked into her eyes.

"I owe you one," said Gir, "and I intend to at least return the favor by getting you to Vena..."

He carefully considered her words about starting a business on Vena. He had only been to the world once on a brief layover while transversing the Lesser Lantillies Route on his way to Uyter, a vast agriworld known for its golden fields of grain. He could still remember walking about those fields as he talked with an independent trader about a business deal. Yet he couldn't remember much of Vena, except that the locals he had seen at the space port were rather pale though unusually attractive.

"...but I can't commit to anything to that until I know more about the world," continued Gir, "but perhaps that is an subject that you can enlighten me more with as we travel..."

[member="Gir Quee"]

It wasn't a no on Vena she smiled she felt like she had just accomplished something. But the other part for some reason she felt odd I owe you one. But he was looking directly at her, as if really seeing her.

She just stood there a moment unsure of what to say she felt a bit of heat rise in her cheeks and she didn't know why, well she did he was looking at her, "I didn't do anything really, you would have found everything on your own maybe an hour or two longer. You don't owe me anything Gir but you taking me from here, that is a debt that will change my life that grants me a freedom." She flashed an uncomfortable smile this time. She never did well around people she was continually awkward and unsure. but she had said these word with confidence because she felt he would be her friend. Bella always wanted to be accepted and began to flounder when she thought that she wasn't but so far she was hanging on. But anyone that figured out her weakness could easily find ways to manipulate her. She had to grow stronger.

"From what Faith tells me Vena is nice. I've read some about it, it's definitely not Atrisia or Alderaan." Why wasn't she going to Alderaan if she was family? Cause her mother looked at her as if she were and vile creature with no heart to break. But her heart had been broken shattered even and she alone had to pick up the pieces and moved forward. Arabella had been alone for a long time now, even with all the staff, she was alone. Something that others may not understand how to be in a room filled with hundreds and yet feel as lonely as if standing in the middle of the desert searching for water when there is none.

"There's lots to do there, least there seems to be."

Gir's mind wandered back to Vena even as his body moved to start loading up the Java. If he was to go decades back, back to when he was nearing the end of secondary school, he could remember dreaming about distant worlds. Anywhere seemed exotic and enticing compared to his homeworld. Travelling across hundreds of stars had tempered those idealistic fantasies to a degree, yet he could still feel an urge to explore and experience the unknown, whether it was a backwater world in the Unknown Regions or a subculture in the Core Worlds. After spending so much time on the Antas IV colony..it'd be refreshing to spend time on a world that's...a little more established. Gir picked up a box and turned to [member="Arabella Darkhold"].

"So what are you looking forward to experiencing on Vena, aside from starting your life anew there?"

Bella also picked up a box and walked with Gir to get it onto the ship, "I am looking forward to building something. Everything here was built, created, designed by someone else." Bella gave a breathless laugh, "I want to be able to say, I helped with that. I'm really looking forward to being me." A journey for certain, finding her way.

She felt all giddy inside of course it was a new adventure it was exciting. She was looking forward to be accepted as Bella, and not just daughter of House Togashi.

"If you could do anything right now, what would you do?" She asked as she wanted to know his thoughts, his dreams did he think of far away places, or did he think of simple things. Yes she knew he looked for things but now was a good time to find out about him, just as he was figuring her out. But what put a fire in his heart, or uplifted his spirit.

[member="Gir Quee"]

What would I do? His career had almost been inseparable from himself to the point where he wasn't sure what he would do without having obligations. In many ways, Gir found himself wondering with curiosity probably equal to [member="Arabella Darkhold"]'s just as to what he would do if he could do anything. He set down a box in the freighter's hold as he briefly pondered the question.

"I'm not really sure," admitted Gir, "my work has often directed me as to what I was doing...and to an extent, that's probably true. If your basic needs aren't met, what's the point of looking past them?"

I'm dodging the question though. Gir could undoubtedly think of beings in the galaxy who were always searching for the next meal or a new home on some harsh environment. While he had experienced some modicum of those feelings while he was a soldier, that was no longer true. In many ways, he could afford to consider not only what he wanted to do on his own accord, but he had the means to act on many of thoughts without having to worry or risk anything major. He shrugged.

"I guess that thought has guided me so far until recently that I've never really seriously considered it. It's something that I really ought to give more thought to. But if you're looking for a spontaneous answer...I guess I'd go out and buy some sort of retreat. A place to get away from work and get some more perspective and just relax."

[member="Gir Quee"]​

She folded her hands before her as she listened, but in truth it sounded more like he didn't know, "You've worked all your life" she whispered it was a revelation almost, seemed they both had lived a life filled with duty not really thinking about what they wanted. "that would be grand wouldn't it, a vacation spot that eases your mind, refreshes your spirit." She could use that right now..

A vacation spot, "I think I have two extremes when it comes to a vacation...on one hand I would love to have a cabin in the woods near a lake because the quiet would be a welcome change, the other hand I'd like a fancy room with room service where I could order whatever I wanted and be on the highest floor so that I can admire the stars all night."

The one thing she loved the most she couldn't take with her, the infiltrator her father had given her. She was a good pilot and had taken great care of it, flying was the only time she was in total control of everything. She would have another ship one day, just not now. that was her vacation spot where she went when she needed space.

Summation of her life on Atrisia, in a bunch of crates and boxes.

She imagined that Gir didn't have that much either.

They walked to get a few more, "How long have you been working Gir, it sounds like it's all you've ever done. Is it?"

Gir considered [member="Arabella Darkhold"]'s words carefully. Her thoughts about the ideal vacation spot seemed on spot to him. On one hand, it was nice to be able to get away from most people and all of the social interaction that his job required. But at the same time, he didn't really want to labor for all of the conveniences of modern life or be completely alone. The idea of using droids to take care of the first problem seemed ideal, though oftentimes they seemed a poor substitute for a real life companion. But the woman's thoughts moved onwards, and Gir's went with them even as they continued to pack up the remains of her old life that she was transplanting to her new one on Vena.

"I suppose that's true," said Gir, "I lost my parents early on in life. And while another family adopted me, it wasn't quite the same. When I got to adulthood, I didn't feel like there was much to embrace except my worklife...not that my adoptive family was horrible, mind you. But they are a different species, and as much as I love them, it's not always to easiest to fully understand some of their ways...or for them to understand some of my own habits and needs, I suppose. I used to think that my work family was able to take care of a lot of those needs. But as I grow older, I'm not as sure about that as I once was. What about you though? Any professional acquaintances or friends that you'll be leaving behind or bringing with you?"

Bella didn't dwell long on things that made her feel inadequate or on the verge of emotional break. She thought about her own words and then about Gir's he was adopted she would never have guessed that.

"Oh it's not easy understanding biological parents either at times. Say one thing, mean something, and expect that you've been created with a translator to understand what they really mean." Her father was not a blunt man, well he could be but life had changed him in many ways and what he wanted was different from what he got. Perhaps pain had made him so, she often tried to find out but he blocked those kinds of conversation. Though he had loved her and Garith she knew that from other things he did, but it took a long time to come to that realization. Eh she needed to not focus on that right now.

"I don't really have anyone here" Her words were soft she was embarrassed and reminded of her odd nature from the lack of acquaintances or business friends. "I'm.." She clutched the box slightly harder than she meant to, "I made acquaintances as you know from wandering around but none of them were what I think of as friend. You know, someone you count on, someone who takes a call in the middle of the night when another nightmare wakes you up" No Bella had no one like that she had only had family.

Even Izumi who watched over her ensured she acted in the way a lady of the House should act, she wasn't her friend or confidant. Any confidence shared would be shared with her father the last person that Bella wanted to know about her misgivings and feelings of being alone. No she had not thought about that either for a long time but this chance of leaving it had given new life to it.

The boxes were almost all loaded now and the larger crates of furniture the droid had taken care of quickly, well as quickly as it could.

"I don't think a work family" Cobalt blue eyes looked at Gir, "can meet all needs of someone if that were so I would not feel alone in a house that staffs so many. There are some things that...a hug from a co-worker is not the same as a hug from someone who cares because you are important to them." She tried to make sense and hoped it did.

"What habits and needs do you possess that they would not understand?" Curiousity piqued she still maintained a small smile hoping to entice conversation.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Gir's head wavered from side to side as [member="Arabella Darkhold"] spoke about receiving a hug from a co-worker. One hand, he absolutely agreed that a hug from someone he barely knew would mean little to him. On the other hand, the Circle were people he knew and cared about, and they cared about him. As close-knit as that group of co-workers was though, he knew that couldn't completely replace normal intimate relationships. In part, that was because of the inherent conflict of mixing work with his personal life. And that only seemed doubled as his position of boss, even as benevolent and laissez faire as he thought he was with many of the company's internal matters. A weak smile briefly crossed his face as they finished loading up the Java.

"I suppose the needs that most people feel," said Gir, "a person to come to deal with things outside of work. At the very least, I imagine it'd be hard to vent about work-related things to a co-worker with an already formed, and perhaps vested, viewpoint...but perhaps I'm being overly simplistic about the mixing of work and personal life. They're all inherently connected, after all...one area affects the other. But I suppose that if I didn't have my work friends and contacts, I wouldn't really have anyone aside from family. That almost sounds pathetic..."

Gir pulled one of the cargo restraint webbings over one of the crates taught before he turned his gaze back to her.

"Anything else we need to do before we head to the refueling station?"

[member="Gir Quee"]​
Anything else we need. She looked out the door at her home, what had been her home for as long as she could remember. This didn't have to be a final goodbye she knew she would be back when she was stronger. She knew this would always be her home she would continue to care for this place, its people, and everyone that she did know.

She held back the emotions that were welling up steadily within, her heart beat a little faster and tears welled up. She shook her head no, if they had all the boxes and crates then they had everything. She swallowed hard yes..it was time. Izumi stood outside, Bella raised her hand to wave good bye, Izumi turned and headed inside.

"I'm ready." Her voice soft as she answered.

Life will be better she reminded herself, life would change...I CAN do this she thought to herself.

She followed him to wherever he wanted her to sit while they went to the refueling station. The journey was now set to begin.

Gir offered a solemn nod as he listened to [member="Arabella Darkhold"]'s soft voice. He felt a twinge of something well up him. It wasn't her choice of her words, but rather how she spoke them. Gir opened his mouth to say something comforting, but abruptly clamped it shut. He almost said something that he might have thought was comforting, but he had long since learned that just often as he tried to voice concern in others like that, what he said came out awkward and contorted in a manner that was hardly comforting. The blonde man stared at the ground next to her feet.

"If you are ready," said Gir quietly, "we should go. Why don't you join me in the cockpit?"

With his gaze still downward, Gir slowly strolled through the ship's front corridor towards the cockpit. Enclosed in octagonal prism of transparisteel, the Java's frame was just different enough to be avoid being sued by Corellian Engineering Corporation for copyright infringement, but still similar enough that many people would intimately familiar with it. Gir hadn't been so sure of that move, but he had grown to like the expansive views that the cockpit provided. As he entered the cockpit, he glanced at the co-pilot's seat, just to make it was empty if Arabella wanted to sit next to him. The blonde man settled into the pilot's seat, located just to the left of the co-pilot's seat, and began to do his pre-flight checklist.

She shook her head in agreement to accompany him she walked slowly trying to turn her thoughts to something else. Bella did sit in the co-pilot's seat she instinctively looked at the dials, and readouts. She had to acclimate herself to this from her Infiltrator but she could read everything. Colbalt blue eyes scanned and then looked to [member="Gir Quee"] - "Do you want help with the checklist? I'm a pilot I can help. If you want can plot the navcomp with jump points."

She leaned back slightly, this while not familiar in any way was at least something she could do. She continued to look at the ship the curves, the smoothness of the interior the way the rivets were hidden, the seams incorporated well to the design.

"Sturdy ship Gir , do you fly her often." Bella was use something sleek, and fast. She rarely carried cargo her Infiltrator was meant to get her from point A to point B. She'd have to get a ship of her own, she couldn't languish on Vena.

Gir hesitated at [member="Arabella Darkhold"]'s offer for assistance. But just as quickly as he had stopped the check-list, he continued forward with it. He glanced at one of the readouts. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised. It seems that most force-users have had need to travel by themselves or in small groups...He flipped several more switches, which activated a quartet of repulsorlifts spread out across the bottom of the Java. A slight whine began to hum up through the craft's floorboards. He turned his head towards the woman and offered a coy smile.

"I appreciate the offer, but it's one of those things that I don't like to hand off to people once I've started," said the blonde man, "but it would be nice to switch piloting duties with you once we get airborne. What kind of ships have you flown before?"

There were countless amounts of starship models throughout the galaxy. Gir doubted that he'd know the exact make or model of a craft she'd mention, but if he could figure out the rough size and function of the craft she'd flown before, he'd be in a better position to help introduce her to the craft. The Java wasn't exactly as nimble as most starfighters and daycraft, but he knew it was far more to sensitive on its controls compared to many luxury yachts and common industrial craft. The freighter began to rise up into the air before Gir goosed the ship's nose upward before they would jet towards the refueling station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom