Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello...its me...

Adele Crawford

A
Nar Shaddaa – 11pm

The cold streets of Nar Shaddaa housed some of the most ruthless scum that ever walked the galaxy streets. Adele really was never a fan of showing up here, she had spent a good amount of time working the underground and making a name for herself the past couple of weeks. To them she was a new face, someone still looking to prove themselves. Leaning against one of the clubs that was frequented by some of the most prolific members of the syndicates that used Nar Shaddaa as their home, Adele looked through her small datapad.

The names of some of the bigger Hutts were listed, the one she was looking for wasn’t here. He resided on a station called “The Wheel”. Shaking her head, she wondered if the people naming it just weren’t all that creative. Eyes lifted from the list as she watched a group wander into the club, they were who she was looking to meet with. Fingers continued to dance along her tablet until she pulled up the invitation.

It would look too desperate if she wandered in right away, also she was waiting on her partner. Adele put the datapad back into her jacket pocket, a pair of aviators slipped out and moved over her face. They were special glasses with hidden tricks along with a camera. That camera would be able to take quick snips of the meeting also record quietly. Looking down at her watch, she sighed and kicked her foot back against the wall. Frowning, she mumbled under her breath – you’re usually never late.

If everything worked out, they would be getting the job of moving some Spice for the Hutt inside. She knew some of the basic details of the run from asking around and getting leads towards it. A hand rested on her chin and she knew they were going to need to pick up some crew members, looking towards the club, she figured some could be hidden inside.

[member="Simona Campos"] [member="Velero Faren"]

"Pour me some more, will ya?" The smuggler looked to the bartender sternly, before the barman gave Velero another shot of Ithorian Mist.

Velero had come to Nar Shaddaa because of a certain job he was invited to complete. To him, it was nothing more than a simple spice run. The smuggler laid his right hand on his chin and petted his beard carefully. For the job, there were supposed to be more people but he hadn't seen any sign of them in the bar just yet. He looked down to the table so he would not look all too suspicious to the bar patrons. In the outer rim, Velero was well known for handling jobs so well that even some of the hutts use him as first pick for certain jobs. But when you make allies, you make an equal amount of enemies as well. Here in the mid rim, the smuggler already saw a taste of his enemies when he looked toward a slim duro man eyeing him with a grimaced expression, his mouth forming a snarl at Velero.

Let's just hope I don't have to bust some heads in tonight.

The smuggler eyed his glass before taking a sip of the alcohol. The mist reached down his throat and Velero gave out a light cough. It was maybe the 3rd glass he had? It didn't matter since the man had built a strong tolerance to alcohol ever since he was a boy. He had to admit, he was sort of lonely at the bar without Clairis, his wife. She had gone out on a different job while Velero stayed put on Nar Shaddaa. Now he looked around the bar, its griminess clearly showing as decay on the seats and eaten wood on some of the tables. Velero observed some devaronians playing Sabaac in the back corner of the cantina along with some female Twi'leks seducing a blonde Lorridian male who wore a getup that any smuggler would throw onto his or herself. The smuggler looked back to his drink and rotated his glass, making the alcohol inside a little whirlpool in the middle. He now waited for the rest of the party to show their faces.

Cantina.jpg
[member="Adele Crawford"]​
[member="Simona Campos"]​

Xan drove on his speeder bike through the airspace to Nar Shaddaa. It was one that he stole from a dealer who no doubt stole it from someone else. With the old Mind Trick, he was able to "convince him" to relinquish the bike over to him. He was clad in his yellow Mandalorian armor. Fortunately for the Jedi, it was a common accurance for Mandalorians to show up to Nar Shaddaa. He had taken another mission from his Jedi superiors to randevous with a contact at the Wheel.

Despite himself, Xan liked the wheel. No matter what the atmosphere was he could always feel calm there. He could always relax and listen to the music, or get a drink. It was easiest to blend in there.

He arrived, touching down the little nightclub. The Aura coming from the place felt the same as always. Not too long after leaving the bike, some ugly alien hopped on it and sped away. Xan watched as his bike was gone. He shrugged, and looked at the Holo of his supposed partner. Adele. He didn't know much of the name and he didn't need to. Xan looked around to see if he could find this Adele. He focused and attempted to call out to the Force in an attempt to sense her sensitivity to it. He didn't like doing things like this in public. It broke his own Force Stealth, making him vulnerable to any Darksider looking for a Jedi. But because there were hardly ever any Sith or the like on Nar Shaddaa, Xan felt it was safe to use just this once. With success he was able to pinpoint her location. He looked at the Holo of her to be sure. When he spotted the female he walked up to her. "Adele, right?"

Carab looked around. Nar Shaddaa was always like a second home to smugglers and pirates like himself, he was pleased that it hadn't changed too much since his last visit. Contacting old connections and greasing their pockets for snippets of information, Carab soon heard of a spice mission. It was a mission that definitely suited his style, it was local and there was pay. Being a small timer meant that his choices in what to smuggle or steal were limited. It also meant that creds were not as plentiful as he would like. Going from one job to the next, it left little time for fun. A shame but nothing he couldn't handle.

A blaster pistol holster openly was one of many weapons that Carab kept on him. However, it was the only one that others could see him carrying. Few people did searches on people during meetings, you always had to carry a weapon on Nar Shaddaa or you were just asking to be robbed or killed. It was a harsh, unfair life. But it meant that he had a chance to survive as long as he made sure he did the work that paid well. Wandering to this elusive meeting point, Carab noted a woman conversing with a man. It seemed they were the ones he was meeting with.

Pulling his hood back to reveal his face, Carab gave a small smirk. "So guessing this is where we smugglers meet, I was thinking the bar. Get a few drinks, talk about old jobs. Yanno, bond before a job... Just a thing I do...?" He chuckled loudly.

[member="Adele Crawford"] | [member="Simona Campos"] | [member="Xan Priest"] | [member="Velero Faren"]

"Some Asobi 95% tihaar please"

"How much, one tablespoon? Two?" the barman asked Varindar.

"One please"

After the barman served her one tablespoon of Asobi 95% tihaar, she was wondering which weapon to carry once in the Wheel: the Chalacta, which was about nearly as big as she was herself tall, or the Balamak, smaller but still rather heavy. Once again, since this sting operation on Chalacta, Varindar was part of, well, a sting operation. Sure, in the Mytaranor sector it was unthinkable for her to even think about using any affiliation with the Ta'jar Blood Gang as cover for a sting operation, but here on Nar Shaddaa, swimming was outside of anybody's radar, so she could, once again, claim that she was, in fact, still affiliated with the Ta'jars. Plus for this operation she could be made to look like a rather inconspicuous spacer. So long as none of those people actually recognize me as either a hotelier or a swimmer, I should be good. But if I have to swim once in the Wheel, so be it, she thought. Varindar couldn't help but feel a little anxious, hoping that this wouldn't turn out to be another Jakku... and for now, none of the patrons of the bar would actually recognize Varindar, meaning essentially that none of them had any direct involvement with swimming.

"The Wheel? I hope you guys are OK with putting aside any bad blood with the Ta'jar Blood Gang, if only temporarily"

[member="Carab Kil'vah"] | [member="Adele Crawford"] | [member="Simona Campos"] | [member="Xan Priest"] | [member="Velero Faren"]

Tolth Corday

T
Sabaac was definitely the game of the house, but there were a few holotables dedicated to Dejarik. Tolth greatly preferred it over the former, a game all about skill and patience rather than luck (and usually cheating).

Tonight he found himself from the other side of a rather insufferable Rodian. As the match had progressed and the Rodian thought he was winning, he couldn't stop but smirk and squeal in his awful guttural native tongue. Meanwhile, Tolth was unruffled, his expression undiscernable under the mask. One could be mistaken to believe he was a stoic, but in fact, he was grinning like a madman at the idiot he was corralling across the board.

"I can already feel the credits clinking in my hand," the Rodian sneered as he pushed a piece forward with a gesture, a Ghhhk. "I'm going to have a good weekend because of you, thanks buddy."

Tolth was barely paying attention to what the Rodian's jeering, more interested in the board. With the Rodian's last move, he thought he had Tolth just about trapped in a pincer move, or a "fork". For a while he remained still, just thinking when he should finally spring his counter.

That time would come sooner rather than later, as a woman (Adele) took a seat near his booth. Much of her face was obscured by a large set of shades, but one could see enough to tell she was attractive, for a human.

A pretty girl sitting alone in a dive like this? His interest was piqued - women like that were never up to any good.

"Sure, sure," Tolth replied distractedly with a small shrug, moving his Strider to meet the Ghhhk. "Just get on with it."

[member="Varindar Asyt"] [member="Carab Kil'vah"] [member="Xan Priest"] [member="Velero Faren"] [member="Adele Crawford"] [member="Cassius Droma"]

Adele Crawford

A
Finally, her assigned partner had arrived. The man ([member="Xan Priest"]) wandered to her and asked her for her name and she nodded. “Yes.” It was all she said for the moment, she knew who he was so there was no reason to continue to almost blow their cover. It was covenant that she wasn’t a Jedi, she didn’t have to worry about her force signature even if it was weak showing off to the Sith, the Edgelords Ren, Jedi, etc. As Adele thought about it she wondered when everything splintered off from just Jedi and Sith.

That was a though and a blog post for another day. The brunette nodded her head to try and guide her companion towards the club. They walked through seeing everything that was going on, twi’leks serving the patrons while a band played in the background. Looking over towards Xan, she leaned in close and spoke directly into his ear so only that he could hear her, “You sticking with Xan tonight or you going to come up with something else that I should call you?” Adele pulled away and nodded her head back again, she looked towards the bar and spotted a delicious bottle of Corellian whiskey. Lips curling into a smile she continued on to find a place to sit.

A booth nearby called her name and she slid into it. First arrival was @Carab Kil’vah , she had blasted him through some underground contacts. A smile crossed her face and she nodded. “This is where we meet my friend. Others should be joining us as well, once everyone is here we wait for the Hutt to give me more details on the job.” A young woman, younger than Adele from the looks of it, but not by much started to speak of the Wheel. Blinking, she shook her head. “No, we’re not heading to the Wheel - Ryloth is our target I’ll go over this more when I get more details. Wheel is too big of a hit right now - we gotta get to know each other.” Leaning back in the booth she made eye contact with the bartender from afar. She had done some business here before and he knew right away who she was and what she wanted.

The bucket glass of neat top shelf Corellian whiskey arrived moments later and was placed in her hand. She looked towards Xan and tipped the glass towards him as she removed the glasses from her face. “Want anything?” Looking to [member="Varindar Asyt"] she nodded her head. “Putting aside anything with the Ta’jar Blood gang is fine as long as you deliver. What’s your speciality?”

As she glanced around, she knew there were others here that could help her - possibly be recruited to do more for her and where she really worked. As she glanced back towards the bar, her eyes settled on the back of [member="Velero Faren"]’s head. Her eyes lit up knowing and hearing stories of the man and his talents. To think she would find him in a dump like this, never in a million years.

Eyes continued to glance until she met eyes with a masked individual ([member="Tolth Corday"]) playing a game of Dejarik. He was looking at her, she could tell or it was just her ego telling her this. Adele wasn’t known for being completely humble. She gave him a smirk as she sipped her whiskey and placed the glasses onto the table. “How about we all get to know each other, got my eyes on a few people I want to talk to in the area, but for now lets talk. Adele, that’s all you get to know about me, but fly straight with me and get the job done - you’ll get paid.”

Before long, Velero would turn around to see all of the people walk into the cantina who signed up for the spice run. He put his elbows on the counter behind him and set his stretched out legs onto the floor, giving the smuggler a relaxed kind of look. From what he could see, this job wouldn't be so bad. Although he did conclude that for a spice run like this, there was maybe an above average amount of people. Velero shrugged off the thought.

The more the merrier. He thought.

He curled up his left arm to pick up his drink from the counter and took one final sip from the glass, concluding his Ithorian Mist. He ceased his relaxed pose and turned around to give the bartender a rather generous tip. In fact, Velero realized that he had a bit more credits than he thought he had on him. To give the impression that he was a man of hospitableness, he announced to everyone that he would buy the crowd a round of drinks on him for free. The place practically went wild! For those who still had their drinks would clash them with other bottles, glasses and containers. Velero stood up and a smirk grew on his face.

Clairis would have killed me if I did that. The smirk soon turned into a smile.

Now Velero walked casually his peers for the job. While he was walking, he caught a glimpse of a Gand Bounty hunter nod at the smuggler with a bountiful amount of respect. Velero kept on striding his way over until he finally reached the table where everyone had taken refuge at. Velero sat down and greeted everyone with the 'ol smuggler's charisma.

"Velero Faren. You guys here for the spice run?" He kept his voice a bit down so no passersby could overhear him.

[member="Adele Crawford"] | [member="Tolth Corday"] | [member="Varindar Asyt"] | [member="Carab Kil'vah"] | [member="Xan Priest"]​

"Barter. I could always promise them to deliver weapons and/or slaves in, say, 15 days, with a non-refundable down payment paid in spice. As for the merchandise I could barter them, I have a catalog of heavy stuff, and also more exotic stuff that they could possibly be worth some spice. I can always snipe from long range if necessary"

While [member="Tolth Corday"] and [member="Xan Priest"] were both elsewhere in the bar, she had to answer the question asked by [member="Adele Crawford"]. Yes she was happy that Adele would leave behind any grudge she might hold with the Ta'jar Blood Gang. It depends on what they want. I prefer to barter weapons than slaves. If they want a 160mm or a 220mm mortar, it wouldn't cost the same amount of spice as a heavy bomblet generator, or even a vehicle that can mount that item, she thought, while realizing that actually supplying the stuff is another issue altogether. In this day and age, indirect fire was under-valued, and virtually everybody only had an eye on direct-fire stuff, outside of Jedi-land of course. Then again, it was possible that they would be more interested in electromagnetic plasma weapons of a much smaller caliber, up to 20mm. And yet, she would hope that this mission would not be done without any unnecessary bloodshed since it would likely defeat the point of this whole operation, which is to make extra underworld contacts for future sting operations: [member="Velero Faren"] and [member="Carab Kil'vah"] understood as much.

"Yes, I'm here for the spice job"

Carab's fist clenched at the notion of bartering slaves. They were never a part of the underworld he liked, it was primitive and ridiculous system to him. Easier to just smuggle spices and illegal weapons, less likely to draw attention. Breathing out heavily, he released the frustration he contained over slaves and noticed that a man just brought a free round for the house. Definitely someone he could end up liking. Looking at the others, "I'm getting that free drink. Name's Carab, I'm agile and enjoy the dangers of smuggling. Finding shortcuts and breaking blockades are some of the best things to do." He chuckled as he rose to his feet and headed to the bar.

Passing the guy who brought the round, he nodded his head to the man. "Nice of you to splash out on creds. Must be hoping for a big income." Carab commented before he ordered his rum and watched the various games being played. Pazaak was one he used to be decent at, sabaac wasn't to his taste. His fingers were never nimble enough to switch his hand and cheat others. Normally, he just go for an old school shooting contest. Get incredibly drunk and bet he could shoot better than anyone. Usually grab a few interested people and his shots, even intoxicated were better than most. His best trick was to be on the edge of drunk to fool others but sober enough to focus when he required to be.

Downing the rum in one, he returned to the table and looked at the others. "So, we ready to do this spice run? What space we smuggling through? Sith Empire? First Order? Hear they got some dangerous Star Destroyers? Silver Jedi? Those guys are so high and mighty be fun to smuggle under their noses." Carab commented as he chuckled again.

Adele Crawford

A
Adele paused as she listened to the group around her. It felt like the good ol days before everything else happened in her life. Sitting around with a possible crew, getting to know each other and the like. Her lips touched the whiskey and she nodded at the banter. It was then [member="Velero Faren"] sat down and let everyone know that he was with them. Adele smiled and scooted giving the man a seat near her. That was easy, she thought quietly to herself as she looked towards the girl who decided to bring up slaves.

She could feel the tension in the air shift at the word. Some smugglers were dirty enough to deal in slaves and Adele wasn’t going to be playing that sort of game here. Looking over towards [member="Carab Kil'vah"], she could see his fists clench. The drinks came and it seemed to help him relax. Shaking her head and her hand towards [member="Varindar Asyt"].

“We ain’t bartering with no one. So if that’s what you’re interested in, especially slaves,” Adele nodded towards the door. “There’s the door kid.”

Looking towards Carab and Velero along with [member="Xan Priest"], she decided it was probably time to lay down what exactly they were going to do. Adele placed down a small comm device and pressed a few buttons. The device brought up a map that shows where they were and the route they were going to take to Ryloth.

“The job is really easy gang. We make way towards Ryloth pick up the goods and then bring them back to Nar Shaddaa. Now the hard part, it's going to be getting there quick. There’s another Hutt running the same job. The amount of credits this stuff is worth is insane.” Leaning back, Adele turned off the map, her arms crossed in front of her. “Its turn and burn pick up and go sort of job. We’ll be diving under a lot of noses. From what I heard a lot of goodie two shoes know about this and will probably try and stop us. So if prison scares you, the door is that way.”

Adele flashed a grin as she nodded. “You guys still with me on this? Ryloth might turning into a fire fight, but we’ll be fine and get a lot of credits out of this.”

[member="Tolth Corday"]

"Now I brought two weapons, but I'll use only one at a time, depending on what goes best into that sort of firefight: a repeater rifle or a sniper rifle"

This was deceptively simple as a job, but, as an asset to the Order, I am more about finesse: this sounded more like a brute-force kind of thing, but I'll still try nonetheless, she thought, while bartering was out of the question, and probably better suited for a different kind of sting operation. [member="Adele Crawford"] and [member="Carab Kil'vah"] didn't seem to be the kind of people to take lightly to bartering in that sort of operation. [member="Velero Faren"] and [member="Tolth Corday"], on the other hand, may feel different about this operation, but the question of which weapon to wield boils down to one thing: the range. If she was to fight at short range, the Balamak repeater, at longer range, the Chalacta. And what of [member="Xan Priest"]? He was suspiciously quiet, but it was time for them to go on this spice operation. And evading... Confederate patrols? Once again, she doesn't feel that great about this operation: however, she was relieved that, on Ryloth, she was, in fact, an unknown quantity. Plus, she feels that the repeater might be of more use on Ryloth so she may as well carry it with her.

Hearing Adele state that they weren't dealing business with slavery was a relief. He loosened himself up and rolled his shoulders, looking at the map provided by Adele, Carab could spot issues and a decent route. "Hyperspace lane, Mara Corridor isn't far from here and passes straight by Ryloth. Bad news is that the planet is in CIS rule, they won't take kindly to us trying to smuggle. So ya right in and out as quick as possible, if we use the hyperspace lane, getting there and back shouldn't be tough. Will say that others are gunna use that route to, I think our best bet is to land and be as efficient and fast planetside. Only place amateurs and solo smugglers are gunna trip up. As long as we're in sync we should be out of there before CIS or anyone else knows we landed."

Carab leaned back, that was all he had to say on the move. He had done plenty of ops to know that a team organised as a single unit is the best team to smuggle. Ain't nothing on most of the amateurs giving it a shot for instant glory or veterans doing alone for big cash payout. Carab looked at the others to see what their reactions might be.

[member="Xan Priest"] | [member="Adele Crawford"] | [member="Velero Faren"] | [member="Tolth Corday"] | [member="Varindar Asyt"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom