Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello. Im new...like, really new.

Hello everyone.
This is going to be a little weird, but lets take a shot at it.
I have never role-played.
...yep...definitely weird.
I used to be obsessed with a text-based game which had some role-playing opportunities, so the concept is not foreign. It sounds really fun, and I cant wait to try it.
All that can really be said is I love writing, and Star Wars.
I hope to meet some really awesome people which I'm sure most of you are. I love talking and making friends so if you ever just want to have a conversation or deal with some noobie role-playing I'm definitely your guy.
Otherwise I'll be studying the help and tutorial forums. I already have a handful of questions.
I hope to see you, Sith and all, in a galaxy far, far away! :)

Welcome to Chaos!

If you have any questions, definitely don't hesitate to ask, because there's always someone around to help. If you need examples of how the role-playing here works, just take a peek over at the Private or Open forums and see what people have been thinking up. I'm happy to answer any questions or thread with you whenever you'd like.

Have fun out there. ;)

@Ul'Rikk Petraa

@Ul'Rikk Petraa

Welcome to Chaos, I hope you have a great time with us. If you have any questions at all, do feel free to ask them and we will do our best to respond to them.

Also, I apologize if this may seem a bit dickish, but seeing as you mentioned you never did roleplay before I just want you to know that the golden rule of writing is still in effect even here. Show, don't tell. A paragraph long post will still be better than one that's 8 paragraphs long but half of that is spent describing the characters clothing in the longest and most abstract terms possible. Quality over quantity and all that.

I have...mainly, two questions. Is it alright if I post them here? Or are they better in a personal message or in another thread?

And thanks to all of you. I feel welcomed.

Well... One) I mistakenly created another character, I was a bit confused, but that's not the problem, now I just want to delete the other character. Not my primary account, just the character. How do you do that?

Two) I have plans to make my first character a Jedi. Im assuming I start that journey by first joining a faction? Then potentially finding a Jedi Master there?

1.) They don't do sub-account deletions anymore to my knowledge, but you don't have to worry about necessarily using the character right now, or ever, if that's your preference. At a later date you can have the account renamed if you'd like to use it for another character idea, but since you're going to be using your writer account at first, I don't think you have to worry about it.

2.) There are two factions you can join that are primarily known as the Jedi factions, which includes the Republic and the Silver Jedi. The Silvers are a splinter group of the Republic's Order, and are more withdrawn on the political side of things, but they both function similarly. There are a number of factions that have their own sects of Force users, but these are the major two, as far as I know, that focus heavily on the Jedi aspect.

@Ul'Rikk Petraa

@Ul'Rikk Petraa

You cannot delete characters anymore. Used to be you posted in a thread if you wished your character deleted and the admins / mods would get to that whenever they could, but recently Tefka decided to remove that option to teach people not to make 20 characters they won't use for more than 5 posts before abandoning to the dust and clogging up the site. You can, however, simply rename the characters you have at the moment and make use of them that way.

Every force user starts at their respective bottom rank, be it Apprentice / Acolyte / Padawan / whatever. You can either join one of the Jedi orders lingering about and getting yourself a Master or you can try your hand at running solo, possibly as an exile or rogue force user. I highly suggest joining a faction however since, due to the mass of Chaos, it's very easy to be put off by it if you don't have someone to help guide you along at first. Also, both Knights and Masters can train padawans, and there are cases of Padawans training amongst themselves as well. So no real need to find someone primarily with the Master rank.

My questions have been answered very effectively. Thank you. You guys are an awesome help. I wish I could give something in return. I suppose if you guys could ever find a use out of me I'm here.

Otherwise...back to the tutorial forums. :) Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom