Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello and Questions

Hello, I stumbled across your site and was excited to see so many active writers! Years ago I used to write a lot of RP on boards like this (mainly Dragonball Z related, don't judge lol) but participated in a Star Wars board for a short spell. I've been reading through some of the stories here and have been impressed. I'm stoked to jump in but I have some questions.

For new characters joining a faction, should I apply with a faction leader before creating my character?
Are there limitations on military ranks/ships for new characters?

Character progression. The boards I wrote on tended to have character progression systems like training to upgrade your Strength stat or completing a job to earn money to buy items, etc. Mission threads would have word count requirements to win the Rewards. Things like ranking up, Jedi Padawan to Knight for example, would have to be approved by admins. This site seems much more free form in that regard so I wanted to ask if any systems like this are in place that I should adhere to?

The discord link in the nav bar has expired but I'd love to join and bother you all with more questions there if you'll have me.

Welcome to chaos!

I can offer a bit of guidance on the factions. They aren't a requirement for rp, but are fun if you wanna have a character connect to a wider group be it large or small. Characters can be made from scratch at any time. You can have a certain faction in mind for them, but scouting out and applying for a faction before hand isn't necessary. As for joining factions in general, there isn't an application process of any kind at least for most of your major factions (some minor factions may require you to reach out before hand), so no reaching out to faction admins is necessary, but reaching out and making those connections is always a great option if you have any questions.

As for progression, it's definately at your own pace. There are a few specific ranks that may require admin permission within a faction, which may vary from faction to faction, but generally the jump from something like padawan to knight for example is a choice you can make at your own pace. Starting rank as well can be pretty flexible too. I'm sure one of the site staff can explain it far more eloquently than I can, but we're definately a lot looser here.

I hope that helps a little bit (before staff comes along and gives you the real in depth stuff lol), and I hope that you enjoy your time on the site. It's always nice to see new faces around.

Hey there V VaticanJanitor as Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el mentioned you don't need to apply to or for a faction. Jump on with your character sheet! Jasper explained it pretty well for the most part. Everything here is at your own pace, jump into discord with us we'd love to chat and hang out with you. I hope you enjoy your time on Chaos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom