Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELLLLLOOOOO GALLLLAXXXYY (Joshua Flames Interview)

*Tail end of Galactic Classic Rock tune*

"Hello Free Beings of the Galaxy, this is Doc, you're DJ on a broadcast path to enlightenment. That was the Bantha Riders with their former one hit wonder "I'll see you on the Dunes" Next up we've got a special treat for you all coming up after the next round of your favorite tunes. Dun da da da! Former Jedi Grandmaster @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] will be coming onto my ship to talk about the current galactic political climate and how he came to be ousted from the Jedi Order. Insane right? We'll remember, this is where insanity lives! Check ya in a few. Here's Tusken Holiday with "It's a Trap!"

Doc finished speaking into his small receiver and hit the record on, broadcasting the song to anyone listening. With a small satisfied sigh he lit up another cigarette and exited the recording booth he'd built in what was supposed to be the YT-1300's cargo area. He wore his typical leather jacket get up and boots.

It'd been about a week since he'd contacted Calico and set up his YT-1300 among the Liberty Concord with the promise of protection and complete liberty over his broadcasting. It was a pretty sweet setup, and honestly, more than the former medic had hoped for. He had been pleasantly surprised when both the former Grandmaster and the karking Emperor Krag had contacted him for interviews. But.

One at a time.

"He's arrived Doc." His female Bothan pilot comm'd over the YT-1300's systems.

"Thanks." Doc replied back before finishing his cigarette and heading back into the booth.

Show time.

Well, Josh felt he owed Calico a bit for his kindness in getting him off Coruscant... So he figured why not help out his buddies a bit? The man wanted an interview, and Josh was... Well, quite frankly, known for being a loose cannon. So why not? It would be nice for the Jedi to go uncensored... Have his message broadcasted to the galaxy before returning to the shadows.

He walked in, looking around. "Snazzy place you got here, Doc" he said, munching on a carrot. "Ehhh... So, wazzap Doc?"

@[member="CC-420 Doc"]

"Appreciated @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], just giving people the unfiltered info they deserve and a bit of music to go along with it." Doc said after returning the station's broadcasting to what was being said in the booth.

"Well Mister Former Grandmaster it seems you've been a bit busy lately. I'm sure my Republic listeners are extremely karking curious, given that your order's been so tight lipped about everything lately. What the hell happened man? Why'd you get ousted by your pals?" Doc asked Josh blatantly, not wanting his station to get the reputation that all those beat around the bush corporate stations had.

Eh. The very though of those stations made him sick to his stomach.

He gave a salute before taking his place in the booth. "Happy to be here, friend" he said.

And finally, the question was asked. Ah, where did he begin...

"Well, Doc... You see, Jedi come in all shapes and sizes. There are big Jedi, little Jedi, giant Jedi, mini Jedi, White Jedi, Black Jedi, Grey Jedi, Dark Jedi, Red Jedi, Blue Jedi, Furry Jedi, Hairy Jedi, Jedi With Giant Beards, Jedi Named After Hip Hop Groups, Sith Jedi... And I mean the Sith species, not the Sith cult. Seriously. We're not THAT careless" he said with a laugh, interrupting his list of Jedi.

"Blonde Jedi, Ginger Jedi, Brunette Jedi, Plant Jedi, Shapeshifting Jedi, Violent Jedi, Pacifist Jedi, Ghostling Jedi that are cute and cuddly but then pop out of nowhere and kick you in the face... Pretty Jedi, Ugly Jedi, Clone Jedi, Wu Tangs, Beardinators... You get the point"

"Necessary comedy aside, Doc... There are Jedi that are traditionalists. They have studied the old ways to the best of their ability. Even with the records gone, they try and emulate the Jedi of the Old Republic, at least... The best they can. I'm pretty sure some of them are missing something, or are reading the old codes wrong. But seriously, these guys like to distance themselves from emotion. They don't hold attachments, they'll stare a hole through your batookie if you're dating, harbor wishes of sithspawn upon your offspring if you get married... But at the same time, it was always said the Old Republic Jedi were paragons of justice, paragons of good, of compassion... Some of the traditionalist ones here do that to a tee... Most others? No, not really. That's one of the things they're missing. That compassion, that love for all life and that respect and compassion for others. But I'm not here to blast every type of Jedi. I'm here to say the truth, from the bottom of my heart. And if those particular Jedi hear this.. Don't hate me for it. Listen to it. I've been up and down the block more times then I can count, if I think you're missing something, you might need to look in the mirror and think for a moment. Take it as advice, don't be hateful of your brethren"

"Moving on... You got your traditionalists, then you got your New Jedi Order Enthusiasts. This is the base of what we have, really. They have that compassion for life, but they don't make themselves be as strict as the traditionalists. They're free, and most of them are responsible with their freedoms. Instead of limiting themselves to stop themselves from embracing the dark side, they keep their freedoms and try and be responsible with them. Problem is, not everyone can balance something like that, and the dark side is a cruel cruel yet seductive mistress, Doc. But once she gets you with that tongue of hers, there's a chance these kind of Jedi might come back for more. That's where being responsible and having moderation comes in. Not all Jedi can do it, but like the traditionalists, those that master it are amazing Jedi. You just need to look at what's missing and attribute yourself, for both instances"

"And then... We have the in-betweeners, like myself. We have the freedoms of the New Jedi Order, Doc. But we're responsible with it. At the same time, we hold ourselves to a higher moral code, always being compassionate toward life and others, and always doing the right thing. Is it difficult to balance? Hell yeah. But like the others, these guys can be great Jedi if they attribute it right"

"And of course, there's this... Certain group of Jedi that seem less interested in doing their duty, and spend all their time hunting down the dark side. If you're a Dark Jedi, or a dark side user or a Sith... It doesn't matter if you're just talking a walk down the park, or killing civilians. They'll find you, and they'll either demand your head or cut it off in an instant. While they can be efficient dark-side hunters... They seem to have little to no compassion, and don't care if they're doing anything wrong or not. All dark side has to die in their eyes. I've also seen a bit of ego on their end, I see these kind of Jedi that like to look down on others that don't think like them. It's odd, really. If you're not attacking every Sith in sight, you're garbage. That's what I've gotten from their mindsets with my experiences with these people"

"Point is... There are a lot of different kinds of Jedi, Doc. But sometimes, one group decides that the guy in charge doesn't think like they do. They get REALLY mad. And they can't STAND the fact that the Grandmaster... I don't know, isn't killing every Sith in sight, isn't spending every waking moment hunting the darksiders, that instead he's doing his work as a Jedi. These guys said "I'm not acting" in terms of the Sith, when in reality I'd been working on it, just in a way of my own. I mean, do you HAVE to be constantly killing everything with a dark aura to be helping the Jedi's fight against the Sith? But point is... Some people don't like how the Grandmaster thinks, get P-O'd that he doesn't think like them... And they mobilize. They want him gone. So... They couped me. As if I were a Sith Emperor. A Vote Of No Confidence, which in reality is actually not a thing for Jedi, unless initiated by the COUNCIL, not a group of Masters. Sadly, it got out of hand, so I went with it to prevent what could be a Jedi Civil War"

"In the end... I was made to step down, although I later found out the "votes" were miscounted, and my attempt to have it looked at and possibly rectified was... Well, blindsided and shut down by certain people I work with. So, I'm out here. Travelling the galaxy because the Order has become something I don't recognize anymore. Taken over by the blind and greedy who see their way as the only way. That's not the Jedi Order I fell in love with as a child, it's not the Jedi Order that I've given my life for... And while I remain a member of the Council, Doc... Still remain diligently doing my job as a member of the Council, voicing my opinions, giving my votes, and helping keep the Order running... I travel the galaxy doing my job as a Jedi in my own way. Away from the corruption of those that see their way as the only way. I cannot be easily found. Nor do I wish to be found. When I want you to find me... You will. When the Jedi Order has become virtuous, respectable and worthy of the title of the Jedi Order again... I have sworn to return to full active duty. I am still a Jedi at heart, but if the Order cannot act as Jedi, then my work is suited out in the field doing the Jedi's job, on my own time"

"Anything else for me, Doc?"

@[member="CC-420 Doc"]

"Well folks it seems Mr.@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] has just dropped a bombs in my studio. According to the former Grandmaster here, for those of you just tuning in, the Jedi Order, which is supposed to stand for peace and justice has ousted their leader for being TOO peaceful. It seems with the Sith's defeat all that darkness might have landed in the hands of those who are dedicated to the light." Doc keyed before lighting another cigarette.

"You mentioned that a potential civil war would've resulted if you'd stayed in your position. How many members of the order were willing to resort to violence to oust you, and were there any specific instances where any one Jedi directly said or implied that such actions would be taken? Cause I'm hoping your wrong here man. The thought of a crusader type organization like that... Woo. Terrifying. Gimme some reasonable doubt."

"Hey man, if you're one of those shows that like to spin things, that's your call. In reality, it boils down to a clash of beliefs. One Jedi believing how the Jedi should act differently from another. When a group of them mobilize, bad things happen. They don't like how I operate because I'm different from them. That's all. It could have happened to any other Grandmaster. It just happened to be me"

"And.. Aye. Things were getting tense in there. Yelling, arguing, more heated debate then a Jedi should have on both sides. You could cut the tension with a knife and then gut somebody with it. And with how tense the meeting got, it had to be stopped or things were going to get ugly, in my eyes. Everyone was passionate about their belief in the simple choice of Stay or Go"

"Honestly.... There are a lot of virtuous Jedi in the Order. I love every single one of them. But.. The question lies, what happened? We won. Great. But now the Jedi need to be a united front due to the recent return of the Sith... And instead they fight amongst themselves. Groups of Jedi finding themselves better then the others"

"The Order has to realize that even if we operate different, our goal is the SAME. We are peacekeepers. Guardians. Monks. Warriors of light. Enemies to the dark side. We're not one of those things.. We're all of them. We can't do one thing and forget the others. Being a Jedi takes a lot of sacrifice and responsibility. And it requires a lot of respect for life and those around you"

"I know many Jedi are likely listening.. So listen good. If we continue to fight amongst ourselves, coup our leaders like common Sith just because they don't think the same way as us... Raise your nose if other Jedi think different... If we are NOT a UNITED FRONT, The Sith... They're going to win. We will destroy ourselves before the Sith even touch us."

"That... Is the cold, hard truth"

@[member="CC-420 Doc"]

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Doc scoffed at the mention of spinning, as the former Grandmaster apparently thought he was doing, but remained silent for the sake of the interview. There'd be time for that later, and Doc would definitely be interviewing other members of the order to find out the whole truth. Two halves make a whole and all that.

"Welp that's the word on the State of the Jedi from the former Grandmaster of the Order itself. Our next interview: Fomer Emperor of the Sith Empire and Current Dark Empire Emperor, Krag. I know what you're thinking folks, why in the hell would I do that? Well, why not?" Doc said in a winding down sorta way.

"Any last words Mr. Flames, or other comments you'd like to make on something else going on out there in this big dark galaxy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom