Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helah Dawnsword

Helah Dawnsword

H
HELAH DAWNSWORD

mirco-cabbia-bellona-coimmsisis-finish-1-4.jpg

HISTORY

I was born to one of the tribes of Midvinter. At the time, my grandfather was ruler of all Midvinter, having taken the throne from the previous king by poisoning him. However, in due time, before I was old enough to know anything, Thurion Heavenshield returned to Midvinter and helped his father, Thrand Dawnbringer, return to the throne. My grandfather was taken away from his family, not killed in battle, and thrown into a dungeon where he was left to rot. I was only able to meet with him a few times over the course of my younger years, but each time he was full of stories and a passionate dislike for dealing greatly with offworlders. Also a passionate dislike for Thrand and Thurion, but I was too young to understand it then. He was not a bad man, as some will say. I learned many things from him.

No, it wasn't from him that I learned my hatred of the Hearthfire and Heavenshield lines. No, that didn't come from any particular family member. My grandfather had accepted his fate, and my father was unwilling to do anything about it. Coward. A true Dawnsword would have fought, bled, and died for their kin in such a situation, but my father just left his father to rot. My hatred for the man who would become King and his brother rested on their lack of honor. If they'd had any, they would have fought my grandfather when they reclaimed the throne and killed him in battle, not thrown him into a dungeon to waste away the remainder of his life. No, I hated them for that. My grandfather deserved better for trying to preserve our way of life while allowing us to be what we wished.

So I grew. Rather than become the young handmaiden or something like that, I became a shield maiden. I donned armor, a shield, and sword, and learned to fight as well as any of the others, better than some, and even became strong enough to best men in single combat. I was strong, tall, lithe, and most of all: I was determined to face the Heavenshield's and Hearthfire's myself, and depose them, dispatch them in honorable combat, or die trying. Nothing was going to stand in my way, save for the fact that the Heavenshield's never seemed to remain on the world, and Hearthfire was equally as strong. I wanted to best them, but each had lived outside of our world and learned- things, from out there. Things that I did not know. They had technology that was strange to me.

Their most grievous offense, however, was in leading the Sith to Midvinter to attack us. I didn't even know what these creatures were that descended upon our world, but they possessed magic and weapons the had an unearthly glow and could cut through anything. Worst of all, they brought creatures with them to fight for them that were as savage as anything I have ever seen. No remorse, not sympathy. They just killed whatever they could get their hands on. I fought many of them and slew many of them in defense of my world, but my anger wasn't at the Sith, not fully. They would not have come had not the Heavenshield's and Hearthfire's made such a name for themselves in the wider galaxy. If they had confined themselves to the lives of true Valkyri, and remained on Midvinter where they belonged, this attack would not likely have happened. What other reason did these beings have to come to our world?

But now, because of them, many of us have died. And now I must venture out into the galaxy and figure out what it is that makes them so strong so that I can stand up to them in defense of my family and my people. If not me, who else?

GEAR
Coming Soon​

ROLEPLAYS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom