Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hekler'Kok HA-1 Heavy Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Fallout-3-Mod-New-Textures-Power-Armor_1.jpg

Credit: http://games.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Fallout-3-Mod-New-Textures-Power-Armor-Screenshot-47402.html
Intent: To create a cheap heavy armor for the use of mercenaries and planetary militias.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Hekler'Kok Defense Industries
Model: Hekler'Kok HA-1 Heavy Armor
Affiliation: Independent
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel with a Bullet Resistant Bodyglove
Description: Designed to be protective and to give a equivalent to the the most advanced armors. It has a bullet resistant mesh underlay that makes it less vulnerable to slugthrowers,being able to take a 7.62mm round. The entirety of the armor is multiple durasteel plates attached on mechanical locks on the Bodyglove underneath. While due to the plates being attached allows for a free range of motion,the wearer of the suit,unless he/she is a wookiee,is extremely limited. While this suit is able to take a lot of heavy firepower from most small arms it isn't indestructible,even though it can take up to twenty shot from small arms. Due to the heavy nature of the arm,places like the arm and legs were made slightly motorized to allow more free motion.
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 26.1 Kilograms
Quality: Class 9
Other Feature(s): Built-In Helmet HUD

Looks good. I have little qualms with it except for the quality rating. Given what's in the description, the rating of 9 seems pretty high. In my eyes, a 9 rating would indicate armor that would give the wearer near-immunity from the designated type of attack, in this case slugthrowers. However, the description states that the suit can only take five or six shots from 7.62mm rounds, which isn't a whole lot.

There are several options:

1) Adjust the quality to 7 or 8.

2) Change the description to reflect the quality level of 9. There would also be an increase in the weight to about 25 kilos.

3) Something else that I overlooked. What are your thoughts?

Please tag me in your reply. Thanks! :)

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]
Okay,I guess I'll put in a description of it being Class 9. Also,if I was to put in some semi-powered portions,would that be acceptable?

Do you mean to assist the wearer in movement? I don't see why it would be a problem, but it would obviously depend on what exactly you put in. Go ahead and add it in, and if it's an issue, we can always work with it.

The powered qualities look fine. I'll approve this once you increase the weight to 25 kilograms to reflect the amount of durasteel in the armor.

And, I'll also take a look at those other entries.

Please tag me in your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom