Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hekler'Kok Frontier Rifle Mark I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
7762712794_8031ae824f_b.jpg

Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/43827259@N08/7762712794/sizes/l
Intent: To create a weapon for the use of bounty hunters and settlers of dangerous frontier worlds
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Hekler'Kok Defense Industries
Model: MK.I
Affiliation: Independent
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Duraplast (Stock and Body) Durasteel (Barrel and Inners)
Description: Designed for the use of mercenaries and settlers of dangerous frontier planets that have yet to be tamed,this weapon is great for those purposes. It's rugged,being able to withstand ninety-nine percent of most environments,ranging from the deserts of Tatooine to the ice plains of Hoth,and still be able to function at one-hundred percent. It is relatively cheap compared to blaster rifles due to the fact that it is simpler to create slugthrowers than blasters. With the ruggedness comes simplicity,this weapon is so easy to clean,maintain and fire,that you could teach a child to do it in little under a standard week,the cartridge it uses is also very hard hitting,already being battle tested in the Corek Custom Spec Ops Sniper Mk I. While this weapon has many advantages,it also has many downfalls,one being its slow rate of fire due to it being a semi-auto weapon. Another being its low capacity due to it using physical ammunition. The rifle is effective against light and medium armor,due to the fact that it needs the stopping power to pierce the hides and skin of frontier animals.
Size: Handheld
Length: 127 centimeters
Weight: 3.4 kilograms
Ammunition Type: 8.5mm Bullets
Ammunition Capacity: 10,15 or 20 round magazines
Effective Range: 750 meters

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Noah Corek"]
Just a few things, here. There could be an issue is the use of Wroshyr wood. You may have some upset wookiees if you mass produce rifles that use trees native to their worlds. That's just an RP issue though and I'm only suggesting a change. You don't have to swap it for standard wood if you don't want to, just keep in mind that a wookiee character may get upset IC'ly.

Second thing, you say it's mass produced but limited in availability. Why is this? Is it only sold to fringe or backwater worlds or is it restricted due to laws? Please elaborate.

Third and final thing. What armor is it effective against? Please list that.

@[member="Noah Corek"]
I'm pretty sure that top one is a Lee-Enfield, right?

I am not entirely sure why the Star Wars galaxy, with its advanced weaponry, faster than light travel, and other tech, would find any benefit in an early 20th century rifle. Much like all your weapons, I do not quite understand why they are being made.
Blaster rifles, like the one Luke uses in ANH, are cheap, accurate, more powerful, easy to use and by this time would be totally inexpensive to power. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can see the use for slugthrowers in some very special cases, but this one is very ineffective.

If you're insistent in having this approved I will do so, but I think it's a gravely underpowered weapon, especially as regards the bolt action mechanism and the small magazine. Surely you could make at least a M1 Garand style semi-auto type?
Let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom