Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hekler'Kok DC-15A Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
DC-15a_Blaster_Rifle.jpg

Intent: To give a new spin on a old classic battle-proven blaster rifle
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Hekler'Kok Defense Industries
Model: DC-15A Mark II
Affiliation: Independent
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Duraplast (Shell) Plasteel (Inners)
Description: While aesthetically this rifle looks identical to the original DC-15A,the similarities end there. The weapons original inners we gutted from the weapon,replaced with new,more modern inner workings for a blaster rifle. One of the key differences was its stopping power,while it took an old DC-15A two shots to punch through medium grade armor,now it only takes one. Another key improvement from the original it that is hold 50% more ammunition than the original. The idea to create a new model of a old classic was when Noah heard of the Confederacy using clones in the army,clones that were relics of the Clone Wars no less.
Classification: Blaster Rifle
Size: Handheld
Length: 130.2 Centimeters
Weight: 4.4 Kilograms
Ammunition Type: Power Cell
Ammunition Capacity: 750 Blaster Bolts
Effective Range: 1750 Meters

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Noah Corek"]
Alright, I'm gonna be honest here. As a OOC gun nut and a guy that RPs a Mando as well as this character, I see nothing that tells me that this is better than the original. The DC-15A Blaster Rifle has an effective range of 10 kilometers at full charge which means it hits 5km at a half charge. At 17.5% charge alone, it hits the MKII's maximum effective range. So, on a range perspective, this makes no sense.

The weight, length, etc. are all canon for the DC-15A Blaster Rifle, so really while there's nothing there to worry about, it really doesn't justify a whole new rifle. Think manufacturing and design. Why make a whole new rifle and make it exactly like the old one with some bells and whistles on it, when you can just make an attachment.

The ammunition capacity makes sense, but you're forgetting something. The DC-15A has 500 shots, true, but that's the Tibanna Gas canister. After 500 shots you swap it out. The charge pack can only hold enough for 50 shots on maximum charge before requiring a swap out. 750 shots for the gas canister makes sense, but when the rifle is built around it, you'll see it lengthen somewhat or gain some weight there. On top of that, you didn't list how many shots each charge pack has in the rifle. Is it the same 50 round clip? if so, why not just use the original weapon? If not, why is the weapon the exact same as the original in size and weight and length?

Finally, and this is just me nitpicking here, if you're gonna submit a MKII version, why use the original's picture?

Looking back on all the problems with this submission, I'm gonna have to deny it. This weapon is less effective than the original it's supposed to replace or update, all you've made better was an increased magazine size, and it only has 17.5% of the range of the original DC-15A.

You can second chance this if you like, but if you want my suggestion, sub a box magazine instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom