Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hekler'Kok AVM-01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
cohen-brawley-m15-environmentpose01.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a anti-armor mine for Hekler'Kok
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Hekler'Kok Defense Industries
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: Anti-Vehicle Mine-Model 01
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Plastoid (Shell), Durasteel (Fuse) and Detonite
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-Vehicle Mine
  • Size: Very Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Explosive Type: Detonite Charge
  • Delivery Method: Placed
  • Effective Range: Pinpoint
  • Area Of Effect: Large
  • Stopping Power: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Electric Adjustable Fuse (Instant or Timed)
  • Pressure Blast Resistant Fuse
  • Adjustable Firing Mechanism (Pressure, Repulsorlift Detector and Remote)
  • Anti-Handling Device
  • Self-Destruction Device
  • Minimal Metal Construction
STRENGTHS
  • Detonite Charge: With the use of Detonite as the main explosive charge the AVM-01 is capable of disabling and/or destroying the largest of vehicles
  • Hard to Detect: Due to it's use of as little metal components as possible the AVM-01 is harder to detect by conventional means
WEAKNESSES
  • EMP: Due to its reliance of an electric detonator the mine can be easily disabled through the use of EMP and Ion Weapons
  • Stands Out: Just like the APM-01 the AVM-01 stands out if steps are not taken to properly conceal it
DESCRIPTION
Deciding that they needed just one last product to finish off their explosives line the Hekler'Kok got to work on designing an anti-vehicle mine. Unlike the anti-personnel mine they developed there was never really any discussion on what type of anti-vehicle mine they would produce and they went into it with a single, simple idea. The mine consisted of a Plastoid shell filled with a large amount of Detonite and topped with a fuse made of Durasteel. The mines construction gives it two distinct advantages; first being the use of the well known high-yield explosive materials, Detonite, the mine has a tremendous amount of destructive power; secondly its use of most Plastoid in its construction makes it much harder to detect by conventional mine detecting means.

With the first two aspects of their typical design process finished the Hekler'Kok design team began the final step, choosing the features to include in the mine, many of which were also included in the APM-01. First was an adjustable electric fuse, allowing the user to decide if the mine will go off instantly or after a set amount of time when triggered, the fuse is also blast resistant, allowing it to avoid detonation from nearby explosions which is a common mine clearing method. An adjustable firing mechanism allows the user to designated what the mine will be triggered by, being able to chose between a pressure trigger, a repulsorlift detector and remote detonator. Lastly an anti-handling device was included to keep people from tampering with the mine in order to disarm it while a self-destruction device allows the mine to be set off remotely if unrecoverable and/or no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom