Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hekler'Kok APM-01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
bok-jeong-soon-claymore-mine.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an anti-personnel mine for Hekler'Kok
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Hekler'Kok Defense Industries
  • Affiliation: Closed Market
  • Model: Anti-Personnel Mine-Model 01
  • Modularity: Various different ways to set up the mine
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Plastoid, Detonite and Durasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-Personnel Mine
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Average
  • Explosive Type: Ball Bearings
  • Delivery Method: Placed
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Area Of Effect: Large
  • Stopping Power: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Electric Adjustable Fuse (Instant or Timed)
  • Pressure Blast Resistant Fuse
  • Adjustable Firing Mechanism (Pressure, Remote, Tripwire and Infrared Laser)
  • Anti-Handling Device
  • Self-Destruction Device
  • Removable Hinging Deployment Prongs
  • "Front Toward Enemy" Warning
STRENGTHS
  • Highly Versatile: The APM-01 is a high versatile mine as it can be detonated in any number of ways, can be set to go off instantly or after a set time and can even be expanded to give it a larger explosive arc
  • Psychological Effect: Many people often forget the psychological effect a mine can have when it goes off and cuts down soldiers out of nowhere
WEAKNESSES
  • Directional: Due to the way the mine is constructed and how it is deployed and laid out it only has a explosive arc between 36 to 180 degrees
  • Stands Out: The black and white colors of the mine make it stand out if it is not properly concealed
  • EMP: Since the mine relies on a electrical detonator it can easily be disabled through the use of Ion and EMP weapons
DESCRIPTION
Deciding to add another product to their growing line of explosives the Hekler'Kok design team began work on an anti-personnel mine for this purpose. They went back and forth on what type of anti-personnel mine to design they finally decided on using ball bearings as the main lethal explosive. The basic concept of the mine was rather simple, each mine consisted of a Plastoid shell within which are hundreds of tiny Durasteel ball bearings placed in a matrix pattern in front of a thin layer of Detonite. When the Detonite is detonated using a electric charge it propels the ball bearings forward at incredible speeds into the intended victims. The mine has a 36 degree explosive arc and was constructed in a way that five total panels can be chained together for a total explosive arc of 180 degrees.

With the basic design and materials chosen the team began to put in the features the mine would need. First was an electric adjustable fuse that allows the user to chose between whether the mine is immediately detonated or detonated after a predetermined amount of time, the fuse is also blast resistant meaning it won't go off due to nearby explosions, a common way of clearing mines. An adjustable firing mechanism gives the mine a wide variety of ways to be triggered including by pressure, remotely with a detonator, through use of a tripwire and lastly an infrared laser. an anti-handling device prevents people from directly interacting with the mine to disarm it while a self-destruction device allows it to be destroyed if unrecoverable and no longer needed. A set of removable hinging deployment prongs allow the mine to be placed in the ground and angled upwards or downwards depending on the situation. Lastly a safety warning on the front of each panel was added reading: "Front Toward Enemy" in raised letters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom